Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.9

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 6/22/2014 4:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Got a deluxe sample of this from sephora and it lasted a long time. Loved this oil--did not irritate my sensitive skin or cause breakouts. Great moisturizer.

on 6/22/2014 1:07:00 PM

If you have used other argan oils and weren't terribly impressed, give Josie Maran a try before giving up. I tried two other organic argan brands and just didn't love them: slightly funky scents, a bit thick, and most importantly -- nothing to write home about results-wise. Everyone's skin is different but my combo complexion loves Josie's argan. No breakouts, no oil slicks. Just well balanced healthy skin. I won't be without it. The added bonus is that there are an infinite number of uses: hair, lips, elbows. I use it as a scalp treatment before bed once a week.

on 6/20/2014 5:00:00 PM

If you've ever seen Josie Maran on QVC she legit calls this oil liquid gold. Not exactly Josie. This does a mediocre job at moisturizing which is weird considering it's an oil. I use it at night and when I wake up my skin doesn't look or feel any special. It's very greasy on the skin and doesn't absorb well at all. Also the dropper holds too much oil which can make it easy to use too much. Tarte's beauty oil gives my skin better results.

on 6/19/2014 6:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This face oil is 100% organic all natural! I only put it on at night. I'm in love with this oil because when I wake up the next morning my skin feels soft and luminous! It also helped out with a skin problem I had which was my face being too oily! (weird huh) <3

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

This is a really nice oil. I've been using coconut oil on my skin for years now and it helped me through some of my worst breakouts, but recently have had some blemishes that just won't seem to go away. A few days ago I started using the argan oil instead (at night before bed) and my skin is starting to become clear again and the lines in my forehead are softening. My skin is glowing and radiant and it actually helps make my oily face less oily by morning and it lasts through the day. It's a dry oil so it doesn't feel greasy and it absorbs fairly quickly. Also great to use in your hair.

on 6/7/2014 3:22:00 AM

This is the best moisturizer I have ever used on my face! Nothing compares! I was hesitant on trying oils for my face because it seemed weird. Once I tried a sample I was hooked! It left my skin feeling softer than ever! I apply at night after using my Clarisonic and it goes on a little oily at first. This isn't something I would recommend applying in the morning before makeup as it can take some time for it to soak into your skin. (Maybe use the light version for that) When I wake up in the morning my skin feels and looks amazing!!! I will never go without this stuff! HG for sure! It's versatile and can be used a lot of different ways and it's worth every penny!

on 5/26/2014 10:52:00 AM

Just ok! Didn't seem to sink into my skin very well.

on 5/26/2014 12:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For the previous reviews - Josie Marans argan is pure but it is DEODORIZED. Which means it has been heated to remove the scent. Unrefined/virgin argan oil has a scent some say nutty others say dirty diaper. That is why Josie doesn't sell it b/c many do not like it. I have tried Josies but I prefer the brand Sweet Essentials. They have both argans. I get the unrefined as the scent does not bother me and it leaves after 15 mins or so. I pay $26 for a 8oz bottle with a pump! You also have to understand this is a natural item and sometimes they just don't work for you while they do others. You have to play around with different oils to find the one that helps. :)

on 5/24/2014 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

ughhh. SO many people have said such great things about it! i have sensitive acne prone skin and this broke me out (only blemishes though). The first time i used it i awoke with supple clear skin, the next morning i awoke with supple but blemished skin. It's such a beautiful oil though! so advice using it on your hair and body instead because it's nice and luxurious. But, from reviews, i heard that this isn't pure, natural argan oil so you'd be better off buying the real stuff anyway!

on 5/19/2014 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Meh...it was ok...didn't do anything special for me. I have normal skin with slight dryness on my cheeks. I used this for a month and wasn't impressed because it didn't make my skin look better or moisturize that well. If I used too little, it didn't moisturize well, but too much and it didn't sink in. I switched to Life Flo Rosehip seed oil and after 3 days of use, my skin tone was brighter and more even tone! It also moisturizes well and sinks into my skin immediately. The Rosehip Seed oil is only $7 for an ounce with better benefits!

Popular Moisturizers