April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this concealer. It combined all the concealer colors that you can possibly need in one wheel. I use all of the colors and they suit my skin tone perfectly. I use the peach one under my eyes, the light skintone one for any imperfections, the green one for pimples and any red ness, the lilac one for highlighting (which I love doing under my brow bone) and the dark skin tone one for contouring. This product provides very good coverage but it is a little heavy on the skin.

This can be a little drying so i recommend warming it before use but once they're warmed, they blend very nicely onto the skin. Most importantly this product stays on all day without fading or caking up!!

Overall a great product and I would definitely repurchase. (Although i dont think that'll be anytime soon since it has so much product, i barely made a dent)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by simplyxkelly

After constantly seeing MichellePhan and KandeeJohnson use this product, I decided to buy Portfolio. I just received my Portfolio yesterday, after waiting for a month and a half for Naimies.com to ship it to me =(. I've read a lot of reviews concerning the drying factor, and it's true. When I first opened it, I used my finger just to test it out. Then, I took my blow dryer and heated the product so that it is a bit more usable. I love all of the colors, especially the lilac and the contouring brown. It was a bit pricey, about $37 USD (shipping included) for the wheel, but I think overall it is worth it because you get 5 products that will last you for a very long time. I also have YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a liquid type of brightener; I bought it for around $50 dollars, but I think the current price has been reduced. Comparing the two products, I like the Watier product more, for it has more versatility (covers/brightens/contours), and you get more product for your money.

If you have extra money and are looking for a decent concealer, try this product! Maybe it can be a Christmas product for some as well =)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by reveriepapillon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked it - but then I realized that it dries up really fast, perhaps it's also because the top glass part keeps popping off and extra air getting to it...! I like that it's ROUND, and it is a great space saver, but really, I don't need the lid to look transparent~ I don't mind~ the glass thing is just annoying. Maybe I just got a bad, dry, batch?? I don't know.

I like the quantity of the concealer, but the texture is too drying for most people, unless the person has extremely oily skin, then it would be appropriate. Right now I just use it as a corrector instead of concealer because it's very dry. I can also use it during the 'erased eyebrow' look and just paste it on; so I still carry it around. I just think there are better quality concealers; maybe they don't give you that much product, but if it works, a little goes a long way and you don't need that much product!

They have a palette for darker skin tones; which is a good investment considering you only need to buy 2 palettes total and you can mix it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by basquette

I must say my experience with concealer is rather limited, as I've always thought that a good foundation pretty much does the same trick. So as a concealer newbie, I was really excited upon trying the Lise Watier concealer, which I've read so much good things about! Some of it not so good, but I decided to give it a try anyway.

For all those people who said it was dry and cakey, I suppose it's true. The consistency is rather thick, and applying takes a bit of time. It is probably difficult with a concealer brush, but as I simply use my fingers, I have more control of the amount and the consistency the product is.

The first thing I tried was applying it under my eyes, since people have been saying to many mixed things about that. After trying the yellow-beige, the darkness under my eyes disappeared but the wrinkles was emphasized, so I thought that a bit of foundation would probably do the trick to cover that up. But on a second look, the descriptions on the back of the wheel it said that both the yellow-beige and the ivory could cover under eye circles. And that's how I discovered the truly great about this product!

You can blend the 5 colours any way you want, despire the directions, it does in fact work together and you can just dab a bit of this and that, play a bit with the colours to find your ideal coverage! For those who say they can't use the whole wheel, I think they're not spending enough time with it! As for the wrinkles under the eyes, they quickly disappeared with a dab of the brown which is supposed to "correct and sculpt".

So I really like the product, I'm happy I bought it. Not saying I won't be looking for another, preferably cheaper concealer, but I definitely don't regret the purchase and might even buy it again. And for concealer-junkies out there - I think it is a must-try product! The concept is great! And it is so cute inside the packaging =) The only thing that worries me is how tight the lid is when screwed on, hopefully the product won't dry too fast, I use quite little of it so it will hopefully last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by t4nvmind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As I can say, this product is great. I have a good time playing around with the colors. It is so great that when I mix the color I can used it to do anything, to conceal blemishes, to contour my face, to cover dark circles,... everything is covered up with this concealer. It also lasts me for a long time for I don't really need a lot of concealing. Love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2009 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Danderlion

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

First of all, after about half a year of usage, the glass lid actually popped off. I have to stick it back every time I use it; flimsy pakaging. However, I give the packaging a 3 because it's relatively compact (if you use all the colors) and I do enjoy the little descriptions on the bottom that tell you what each color is for.

It's really expensive. In theory it doesn't sound bad; you get five concealers for the price of a very expensive one. But the cost is way too expensive because...

...I only use one color on a daily basis, and that's the medium (yellow beige) one. It does blend into my skin *wonderfully*.

The contouring (brown) color looks like dirt on my face, the lilac looks stark white on my skin and doesn't blend in at all, and the ivory I can get away with only during winter when my skin is lighter. The green one kind of works, but even more than the slightest bit will make my red spots look whitish pink instead of my natural yellow-toned skin. It's way too heavy and far too pigmented; it would work much better if it was more sheer.

That said, I've been using this for a year and I've used less than half of the medium color. It is a LOT of product. Still, what use do I have with three colors I don't touch and one color I only use very very sparsely (ivory).

If Lise Watier made individual concealers using this formula (it's dry-creamy, if that makes sense. Point is, it really sticks to your skin and blends in flawlessly with a little effort), it would be a much more worthwhile product. Moreoever, my skin tone is different than everyone else's, so I'm sure the yellow beige color won't blend in well with everyone.

Bottom line: don't buy this concealer unless you're sure you can blend everything, or at least most, of the color into your skin. There are a lot more concealers out there that are cheaper and work better.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 8:18:00 AM More reviews by pinay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good concealer because of all the colors. I use the 2 darkest colors plus the green when I have spots. I rarely use the light one for undereye circles because I don't have any, and the color is too light for me anyway.

I recently went to the only shop that sells Lise Watier in the Philippines and they said it's discontinued already!! Is it true?

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2009 7:15:00 AM More reviews by heartNARS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well jst adding to everybody's comments on the dryness,yess it does dry and at times ive noticed its caused my under eye lines to be more obvious but the coverage this concealer gives is amazin ,so inroder to make this work i "heat" up the palette a bit with the use of a hairdryer and then apply it with ofcourse proper moisturisin in place

rated 4 of 5 on 10/10/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by genuineyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lately I have developed dark circles under my eyes. I have a yellow skin-tone, so my dark circles are more of a bluish hue. Lise Watier's Portfolio has a salmon color that works really well to cover this up. Check out my blog for more info.

www.makeupforreal.blogspot.com

Love,
Geneys :o)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2009 2:05:00 AM More reviews by queensupreme

This palette is amazing! For my really dark under-eye circles, I use the yellow beige and ivory together. It is a little dry, especially in my inner parts underneath my eyes, but I use an eye cream, Bobbi Brown corrector and a light hand near the inner parts. The eye cream and corrector are super creamy so it helps absorb some of the concealer dryness. The lilac is great for highlighting, especially on the browbone and cheekbone. I haven't used the green much because I haven't gotten any pimples lately, and I rarely use the brown because contouring is still kind of foreign to me :P I purchased this on sale at my local SDM for $22 (tax not included, reg price $29) because apparently my local store doesn't carry Lise Watier.. but they have the portfolio so they're trying to clear it out. I would most likely repurchase this if I ever run out of it, but that won't be for a while because you get a lot of product for the price you pay!