September 16, 2014 | 1926 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by SandyRan

I am on my second Portfolio by Lise Watier, and I really love it. I don't use the lavender, dark brown, or even the green much, but the lighter shades of concealer are excellent on my dry skin and do a fabulous job of covering my very dark under eye circles.
I try new concealers now and then, but I always go back to this one as it is reliable and does what I need it to. It cover really well without looking cakey, and it stays put. No slipping or settling into fine lines. This is a great concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sulci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like the coverage and constancy of this concealer, it is not too runny and not drying at all.

I am always using
-ivory (matches my skin well)
-yellow-beige (i mix with the ivory covering spots to get the perfect colour and prolong the life of the ivory colour)
-green (because i have a lot of redness)

rarely ever use:
-lilac (maybe i'm too pale to get any use out of it)
-brown (too dark, sometimes i use to contour but very rare)

I'm sad because I know when I go to repurchase I will still have a lot of unused up colours left... but until I find a better product I'll stick with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

I bought this concealer after reading and watching reviews on it, I am also an avid YT'er so makeup gurus like Kandee Johnson and others are always using it and recommend it all the time.
I would say this concealer wheel is definitely for people who are familiar with concealers and people who really need to conceal different types of blemishes. This product isn't 100% user-friendly, you really have know how to work this stuff, a little goes a long way and it doesn't blend that well but it conceals quite well. It's a smooth yet dry consistency, not creamy. I find it is one of the best concealers I've ever come across b/c it takes care of my redness and my dark spots. I love the variety and I never just use one color (I'm all over the green, ivory and yellow/beige).
I think this is more on the expensive side, about $30+ USD but I know this will last me years (even though that may or may not be a good thing) but it's a lot of product for the money. I only said I won't be repurchasing b/c of that factor..
Packaging is fine, I have no complaints. Every color gets it's own little section, nothing broke on me so far. The plastic-y container is strong.
Overall, I would recommend this to people who need a multi-purpose concealer, one who needs to take care of different blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Lauraaa

I bought this yesterday, only used it once andso far i really like it. I dont think i would use the lilac for a 'glow' or the brown for shaping- i just uuse my bronzer. Im using my fingers right now to apply but i might consider buying a concealr brush, or 5 of them, 1 for each color but thats too expensive! I like applying the green on red, hard to cover pimples and then mixing the ivory and yellow-beige over top. When i used the ivory under my eyes, i got alot of creases/ wrinkles which was the reason why i stopped using my mac concealer so thats the downside to it. One thing i really like os how it doesnt come off when i put the foundation over top!

So i really like this concealer so far but i dont think its worth $30 cad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jennyliang17

This is a GREAT product - when you put it on, it stays on for the longest time, and provides really good coverage for my skin (which is completely acne-free now, but still has some scars to hide). I really like how there's 5 different shades for different uses in the jar, and best of all, there's 25g of product for only $29! I mean, it's still expensive, but thats still plenty of stuff to use.

I guess the only thing I don't like about this product is that it's a little bit hard...use it in a warm-ish room, or stick it in a pocket before using, but because it's so hard, you don't get that much on your brush/finger when you apply, which is great, because you don't need that much product for it to do its job =) and I love layering the green and yellow-beige shades to cancel out redness. Go Lise Watier! <3

However, I wouldn't rebuy - hopefully I can use this up in the first place before it a) dries up or b) gets yucky. I'm a junkie for new makeup, since I haven't found my perfect go-to products yet =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this concealer. It combined all the concealer colors that you can possibly need in one wheel. I use all of the colors and they suit my skin tone perfectly. I use the peach one under my eyes, the light skintone one for any imperfections, the green one for pimples and any red ness, the lilac one for highlighting (which I love doing under my brow bone) and the dark skin tone one for contouring. This product provides very good coverage but it is a little heavy on the skin.

This can be a little drying so i recommend warming it before use but once they're warmed, they blend very nicely onto the skin. Most importantly this product stays on all day without fading or caking up!!

Overall a great product and I would definitely repurchase. (Although i dont think that'll be anytime soon since it has so much product, i barely made a dent)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by simplyxkelly

After constantly seeing MichellePhan and KandeeJohnson use this product, I decided to buy Portfolio. I just received my Portfolio yesterday, after waiting for a month and a half for Naimies.com to ship it to me =(. I've read a lot of reviews concerning the drying factor, and it's true. When I first opened it, I used my finger just to test it out. Then, I took my blow dryer and heated the product so that it is a bit more usable. I love all of the colors, especially the lilac and the contouring brown. It was a bit pricey, about $37 USD (shipping included) for the wheel, but I think overall it is worth it because you get 5 products that will last you for a very long time. I also have YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a liquid type of brightener; I bought it for around $50 dollars, but I think the current price has been reduced. Comparing the two products, I like the Watier product more, for it has more versatility (covers/brightens/contours), and you get more product for your money.

If you have extra money and are looking for a decent concealer, try this product! Maybe it can be a Christmas product for some as well =)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by reveriepapillon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked it - but then I realized that it dries up really fast, perhaps it's also because the top glass part keeps popping off and extra air getting to it...! I like that it's ROUND, and it is a great space saver, but really, I don't need the lid to look transparent~ I don't mind~ the glass thing is just annoying. Maybe I just got a bad, dry, batch?? I don't know.

I like the quantity of the concealer, but the texture is too drying for most people, unless the person has extremely oily skin, then it would be appropriate. Right now I just use it as a corrector instead of concealer because it's very dry. I can also use it during the 'erased eyebrow' look and just paste it on; so I still carry it around. I just think there are better quality concealers; maybe they don't give you that much product, but if it works, a little goes a long way and you don't need that much product!

They have a palette for darker skin tones; which is a good investment considering you only need to buy 2 palettes total and you can mix it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by basquette

I must say my experience with concealer is rather limited, as I've always thought that a good foundation pretty much does the same trick. So as a concealer newbie, I was really excited upon trying the Lise Watier concealer, which I've read so much good things about! Some of it not so good, but I decided to give it a try anyway.

For all those people who said it was dry and cakey, I suppose it's true. The consistency is rather thick, and applying takes a bit of time. It is probably difficult with a concealer brush, but as I simply use my fingers, I have more control of the amount and the consistency the product is.

The first thing I tried was applying it under my eyes, since people have been saying to many mixed things about that. After trying the yellow-beige, the darkness under my eyes disappeared but the wrinkles was emphasized, so I thought that a bit of foundation would probably do the trick to cover that up. But on a second look, the descriptions on the back of the wheel it said that both the yellow-beige and the ivory could cover under eye circles. And that's how I discovered the truly great about this product!

You can blend the 5 colours any way you want, despire the directions, it does in fact work together and you can just dab a bit of this and that, play a bit with the colours to find your ideal coverage! For those who say they can't use the whole wheel, I think they're not spending enough time with it! As for the wrinkles under the eyes, they quickly disappeared with a dab of the brown which is supposed to "correct and sculpt".

So I really like the product, I'm happy I bought it. Not saying I won't be looking for another, preferably cheaper concealer, but I definitely don't regret the purchase and might even buy it again. And for concealer-junkies out there - I think it is a must-try product! The concept is great! And it is so cute inside the packaging =) The only thing that worries me is how tight the lid is when screwed on, hopefully the product won't dry too fast, I use quite little of it so it will hopefully last a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2009 12:37:00 AM More reviews by t4nvmind

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

As I can say, this product is great. I have a good time playing around with the colors. It is so great that when I mix the color I can used it to do anything, to conceal blemishes, to contour my face, to cover dark circles,... everything is covered up with this concealer. It also lasts me for a long time for I don't really need a lot of concealing. Love it!