October 30, 2014 | 1569 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Lise Watier - Portfolio

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2010 12:08:00 AM More reviews by prncss

I'm on the fence about this product. First off, I have NC40 medium tanned skin with yellow undertones. The lilac works great as a matte highlighter under my brows. I combine lilac + brown to brighten my eyes and conceal eye circles. My favorite is the green to conceal acne and the red spots around the curves of my nose. The green works better to conceal redness than any flesh-toned concealer I have used. And yellow beige works well as another concealer under my eyes. The only color I don't use is Ivory. It is way too light for my skin tone.

My gripes about this product is that it really takes extra effort and adds extra time to my daily makeup routine because the product needs to be warmed on my hand to avoid becoming cakey. It is too thick to be applied directly on the skin and becomes difficult to blend. I use both a brush and my fingers to work the product in and to control the amount of product being used, and if I use too much under my eyes, it highlights all my fine lines.

It's a great price for 25g of product. It's like getting 5 concealers for the price of one. I would say this is full coverage. This is not recommended for those who want a quick makeup routine. It really does require extra work to blend. I prefer MAC studio sculpt to conceal imperfections because it is already blended to match my skin tone and much quicker to use. I will not repurchase.

Update Feb25/2010- I ended up returning this and bought the 5-Way Concealer by NYC for $6.50 CAD. I like the NYC much better. It is much faster and easier to blend with my fingers, and not cakey and thick like the Lise Watier.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by SandyRan

I am on my second Portfolio by Lise Watier, and I really love it. I don't use the lavender, dark brown, or even the green much, but the lighter shades of concealer are excellent on my dry skin and do a fabulous job of covering my very dark under eye circles.
I try new concealers now and then, but I always go back to this one as it is reliable and does what I need it to. It cover really well without looking cakey, and it stays put. No slipping or settling into fine lines. This is a great concealer!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sulci

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I really like the coverage and constancy of this concealer, it is not too runny and not drying at all.

I am always using
-ivory (matches my skin well)
-yellow-beige (i mix with the ivory covering spots to get the perfect colour and prolong the life of the ivory colour)
-green (because i have a lot of redness)

rarely ever use:
-lilac (maybe i'm too pale to get any use out of it)
-brown (too dark, sometimes i use to contour but very rare)

I'm sad because I know when I go to repurchase I will still have a lot of unused up colours left... but until I find a better product I'll stick with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2010 8:50:00 PM More reviews by lysaly

I bought this concealer after reading and watching reviews on it, I am also an avid YT'er so makeup gurus like Kandee Johnson and others are always using it and recommend it all the time.
I would say this concealer wheel is definitely for people who are familiar with concealers and people who really need to conceal different types of blemishes. This product isn't 100% user-friendly, you really have know how to work this stuff, a little goes a long way and it doesn't blend that well but it conceals quite well. It's a smooth yet dry consistency, not creamy. I find it is one of the best concealers I've ever come across b/c it takes care of my redness and my dark spots. I love the variety and I never just use one color (I'm all over the green, ivory and yellow/beige).
I think this is more on the expensive side, about $30+ USD but I know this will last me years (even though that may or may not be a good thing) but it's a lot of product for the money. I only said I won't be repurchasing b/c of that factor..
Packaging is fine, I have no complaints. Every color gets it's own little section, nothing broke on me so far. The plastic-y container is strong.
Overall, I would recommend this to people who need a multi-purpose concealer, one who needs to take care of different blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Lauraaa

I bought this yesterday, only used it once andso far i really like it. I dont think i would use the lilac for a 'glow' or the brown for shaping- i just uuse my bronzer. Im using my fingers right now to apply but i might consider buying a concealr brush, or 5 of them, 1 for each color but thats too expensive! I like applying the green on red, hard to cover pimples and then mixing the ivory and yellow-beige over top. When i used the ivory under my eyes, i got alot of creases/ wrinkles which was the reason why i stopped using my mac concealer so thats the downside to it. One thing i really like os how it doesnt come off when i put the foundation over top!

So i really like this concealer so far but i dont think its worth $30 cad.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2009 8:46:00 PM More reviews by jennyliang17

This is a GREAT product - when you put it on, it stays on for the longest time, and provides really good coverage for my skin (which is completely acne-free now, but still has some scars to hide). I really like how there's 5 different shades for different uses in the jar, and best of all, there's 25g of product for only $29! I mean, it's still expensive, but thats still plenty of stuff to use.

I guess the only thing I don't like about this product is that it's a little bit hard...use it in a warm-ish room, or stick it in a pocket before using, but because it's so hard, you don't get that much on your brush/finger when you apply, which is great, because you don't need that much product for it to do its job =) and I love layering the green and yellow-beige shades to cancel out redness. Go Lise Watier! <3

However, I wouldn't rebuy - hopefully I can use this up in the first place before it a) dries up or b) gets yucky. I'm a junkie for new makeup, since I haven't found my perfect go-to products yet =)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 3:13:00 AM More reviews by MakeupAddictLa

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I like this concealer. It combined all the concealer colors that you can possibly need in one wheel. I use all of the colors and they suit my skin tone perfectly. I use the peach one under my eyes, the light skintone one for any imperfections, the green one for pimples and any red ness, the lilac one for highlighting (which I love doing under my brow bone) and the dark skin tone one for contouring. This product provides very good coverage but it is a little heavy on the skin.

This can be a little drying so i recommend warming it before use but once they're warmed, they blend very nicely onto the skin. Most importantly this product stays on all day without fading or caking up!!

Overall a great product and I would definitely repurchase. (Although i dont think that'll be anytime soon since it has so much product, i barely made a dent)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2009 3:03:00 PM More reviews by simplyxkelly

After constantly seeing MichellePhan and KandeeJohnson use this product, I decided to buy Portfolio. I just received my Portfolio yesterday, after waiting for a month and a half for Naimies.com to ship it to me =(. I've read a lot of reviews concerning the drying factor, and it's true. When I first opened it, I used my finger just to test it out. Then, I took my blow dryer and heated the product so that it is a bit more usable. I love all of the colors, especially the lilac and the contouring brown. It was a bit pricey, about $37 USD (shipping included) for the wheel, but I think overall it is worth it because you get 5 products that will last you for a very long time. I also have YSL's Touche Eclat, which is a liquid type of brightener; I bought it for around $50 dollars, but I think the current price has been reduced. Comparing the two products, I like the Watier product more, for it has more versatility (covers/brightens/contours), and you get more product for your money.

If you have extra money and are looking for a decent concealer, try this product! Maybe it can be a Christmas product for some as well =)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/26/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by reveriepapillon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

At first I really liked it - but then I realized that it dries up really fast, perhaps it's also because the top glass part keeps popping off and extra air getting to it...! I like that it's ROUND, and it is a great space saver, but really, I don't need the lid to look transparent~ I don't mind~ the glass thing is just annoying. Maybe I just got a bad, dry, batch?? I don't know.

I like the quantity of the concealer, but the texture is too drying for most people, unless the person has extremely oily skin, then it would be appropriate. Right now I just use it as a corrector instead of concealer because it's very dry. I can also use it during the 'erased eyebrow' look and just paste it on; so I still carry it around. I just think there are better quality concealers; maybe they don't give you that much product, but if it works, a little goes a long way and you don't need that much product!

They have a palette for darker skin tones; which is a good investment considering you only need to buy 2 palettes total and you can mix it.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by basquette

I must say my experience with concealer is rather limited, as I've always thought that a good foundation pretty much does the same trick. So as a concealer newbie, I was really excited upon trying the Lise Watier concealer, which I've read so much good things about! Some of it not so good, but I decided to give it a try anyway.

For all those people who said it was dry and cakey, I suppose it's true. The consistency is rather thick, and applying takes a bit of time. It is probably difficult with a concealer brush, but as I simply use my fingers, I have more control of the amount and the consistency the product is.

The first thing I tried was applying it under my eyes, since people have been saying to many mixed things about that. After trying the yellow-beige, the darkness under my eyes disappeared but the wrinkles was emphasized, so I thought that a bit of foundation would probably do the trick to cover that up. But on a second look, the descriptions on the back of the wheel it said that both the yellow-beige and the ivory could cover under eye circles. And that's how I discovered the truly great about this product!

You can blend the 5 colours any way you want, despire the directions, it does in fact work together and you can just dab a bit of this and that, play a bit with the colours to find your ideal coverage! For those who say they can't use the whole wheel, I think they're not spending enough time with it! As for the wrinkles under the eyes, they quickly disappeared with a dab of the brown which is supposed to "correct and sculpt".

So I really like the product, I'm happy I bought it. Not saying I won't be looking for another, preferably cheaper concealer, but I definitely don't regret the purchase and might even buy it again. And for concealer-junkies out there - I think it is a must-try product! The concept is great! And it is so cute inside the packaging =) The only thing that worries me is how tight the lid is when screwed on, hopefully the product won't dry too fast, I use quite little of it so it will hopefully last a long time.