December 20, 2014 | 875 users online

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 9:50:00 AM More reviews by hapaj56

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had heard about the benefits of Alpha Hydroxy but couldn't afford the more expensive products. Walgreen's had a sale on its Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream (less than $4) so I decided to try it. I slathered it on, after washing my face and just before going to bed. It doesn't have the nicest smell and it "stings" just a bit. The next morning my face felt smoothe. After about one week my younger sister noticed my skin looked "really nice" and asked me what I was doing differently. My skin had an even tone to it. She then when out and purchased the 4 oz container for herself. I highly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 1:20:00 AM More reviews by loanlou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for two weeks and I see a huge difference in my skin and I am glad I got this product. It's helping clearing up my acne and making my skin glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 4:14:00 AM More reviews by Baybuh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this product based on reviews and am happy I did so. I starting using it at night after I cleansed my face. When I applied the product it would sting a little, although that reaction has lessened. MY skin purged for a couple days, but nothing severe. I noticed my skin becoming much softer. After a couple weeks of use, I began using facial buffing pads to wash my face, and then I would apply the AHA as a moisturizer. The combination of the facial scrubber and the AHA has really evened my skin texture out and I rarely get any severe pimples. I would really recommend trying this product. I am now contemplating using a AHA with a higher %, perhaps 10%. This is a perfect product choice as a newby (which is where I started), and it is cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by sdhar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Works well for me. Never tried any other brand. It is now an important part of my skincare regime.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2011 2:57:00 PM More reviews by burs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Fantastic! Fades dark marks from acne and smooths fine lines. Doesn't dry you out either.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2011 10:51:00 AM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

When I first began using this product, I definitely wasn't expecting a miracle overnight, which is great because I had minor purging for the first two weeks. I don't have ance, but I have large pores and some minor discoloration, and I always felt like my skin was dull even though I exfoliated about twice a week. So when I was getting small whiteheads for the first two weeks, I was worried that I was messing with my skin for no reason. But I'm really glad I stuck with it because after the purging, my skin has improved so much. My pores appear smaller and my overall complexion is brighter.

I began using this product by applying it every night after cleansing, and waiting about an hour before applying my night cream (for my combo skin, I need moisture at night. If you're oily, I wouldn't recommend it.) I wanted to get any purging over with, so I assumed that would be the best way to start off. Looking back, I probably could have only used it every other night or so, which is what I'm doing now. Also, I was using way too much and I was actually rubbing it in, which made my skin thinner and made the purging worse. After a couple of weeks, I started applying it really sparingly and only patting it on (don't rub!), and I noticed that my skin was more supple and brighter. You really only need to use a little bit product - applying more won't make it work faster or better. I've also gotten rid of the facial scrub I had been using a couple of times a week because this works so much better. There's no reason why you need to scrub if you're using AHA. It will just strip your skin or make it oilier.

Before purchasing this cream, I checked online at Walgreens to see if it was in stock at any of the stores on my daily route - it wasn't. So I went out of my way to get this, but it is so cheap and works so well for me, I don't mind the extra drive to a store I'd never ever visit. I'm also glad I waited a few months before reviewing this because even after the purging ended, I was still a little skeptical that it was actually this product making such an improvement (as if my skin just naturally decided to get brighter and softer and my pores just naturally decided to shrink), but this is definitely HG for me and I recommend it to anyone looking for an extra something for their skin.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2010 11:50:00 AM More reviews by Mindy919

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Before this I was using Neutrogena Healthy Skin at night, which also contains glycolic acid. Obviously it doesn't contain nearly as much as this because I definitely noticed a difference immediately with this stuff. I've been using it for about 6 weeks now and it has improved my skin. I did have minimal purging for just a week or so and I wake up every morning to an oil slick, but when I wash that off my skin is glowing. I must add that I have yet to find ANY cream that I can wear all night without waking up to an oil slick so that's probably just my own bad luck. I might try the name brand version just to see if it does make a difference with the oil-slick, but I doubt it will. I will update if it does. Also, I don't see any difference between when I wear it 1-2 times a week vs. 7 days a week. I also use it on my hands once or twice a week before bed and it keeps them super-soft always, even in this cold weather.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2010 11:21:00 PM More reviews by idkme2

I was searching around MUA, looking for some high rated products...when I came upon this. Most of the reviews were great, and I really wanted to ignore the bad ones.

Unfortunately, I now am now one of "those bad reviews". I only applied this once every night, and at first I started breaking out in areas that I've never broken out before. I thought that maybe it would get better as time went by...but boy was I wrong!

Now I have to take care of the acne that I'm left with because of the product. I know that I wasn't just purging because as soon as I stopped using the product, I stopped breaking out. I was so disappointed because I searched 3 different Walgreen's trying to find it. It was all just wishful thinking though. I don't understand how it has such a high rating?! I guess we all have different results, and you could go out and see if it works for you.....but I really wouldn't recommend it (just from my experience, which was horrible).

Sorry for my rant, but that's just how bad this product was for me. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/29/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by brandpink101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Unfortunately, this product did not react well with my skin. I decided to try it based on the reviews by people who said they have very sensitive skin. It felt alright as I put it on, however, five minutes after, my face was very very red and I could feel my skin getting tighter. I had to remove it, so needlessly to say, I will definitely not be buying again.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by ladywednesday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Wow.
I am now a member of the Church of Better Living Through Chemistry.
Having been a chem major, one would think I could keep track of the all the fun new verbiage of skin care. Instead, it confused me- AHAs? acid? nia-what? So I ignored it, and figured that as long as I drank enough water and used sunscreen, I would be fine.
Alas, aging changes everything.
I don't have major skin issues- anymore- but I started to notice dullness...weird little bumps that weren't really acne..and of course, scarring left over from years of too-enthusiastic bouts of "picking" at acne.

I lurk about the skin care board- and I had read the glowing reviews of this product. On Day 1 of a 4 day cross country road trip, I pulled into a Walgreens in Nowhere, WY, and picked up a jar of Alpha Hydroxy, and used it that night in my hotel room. I assumed I was setting myself up for a failure of epic proportions.
Oh, not so, not at all.
By the second day, I could see the change.
Little weird bumps? GONE.
Glowy, radiant skin worthy of a 13 year old? MINE.
Diminished acne scars? NO WAY.

Yes, all true. I love this stuff. Never, ever has a single product made this much of a difference in my appearance. No foundation, lipstick, hairstyle, nor great sex has ever made me look this good.

The packaging is bleak, at best- c'mon now, its a DRUGSTORE BRAND. Do not let this dissuade you.
Get this, and get it now.
It does burn, at first. I don't have sensitive skin, and I didn't develop burn scars nor crippling disfigurement. But, YMMV. It does sting.

This product goes down in the annuals of 2010 as the best $7 I have ever spent.

It does smell a bit. But seriously, it could smell like pig dung and I would still use it.

Stop reading, and go buy this right now :)

31 out of 33 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No