Walgreens - Alpha Hydroxy Lotion 8%

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

INGREDIENTS: WATER, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, GLYCOLIC ACID, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, STEARIC ACID, AMMONIUM HYDROXIDE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, PEG-100 STEARATE, CETYL ALCOHOL, ISOSTEARIC ACID, DIMETHICONE, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, PEG-40 STEARATE, SORBITAN STEARATE, SORBIC ACID, BHT, IMIDAZOLIDINYL UREA.

I have used this stuff for months now. I am noticing a slight lightening of some old acne scars. I never had sever acne, but these were ones I popped and still had that dark mark left over. All in all, it is the best anti-aging product I have tried...and the price is part of that. It still stings every time I use it. But I follow with Mario Badescu Seaweed Night Cream and that soothes it. Have I noticed my skin glowing or looking so much more radiant? NO. But, I have definitely had what feels like a smoother canvas to work with when applying makeup.
CAUTION - Before I forget, don't use this the day before and eyebrow waxing. When I seem to do that, my waxing never goes well and I end up with some inflamed areass. Now maybe it isn't this and I still had makeup left on my skin - but I am pretty sure this has been the issue. Last time I forgot I had an appt and used this the night before. The next morning when I went in to get the brows waxed, I had some extra redness. This was the only new thing, I have been seeing the same girl for years. It isn't stopping me from using this gem. I just have to keep it in mind. FYI-I was with Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel & Seaweed Toner then apply this, then the night cream at night.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I had heard about the benefits of Alpha Hydroxy but couldn't afford the more expensive products. Walgreen's had a sale on its Alpha Hydroxy Face Cream (less than $4) so I decided to try it. I slathered it on, after washing my face and just before going to bed. It doesn't have the nicest smell and it "stings" just a bit. The next morning my face felt smoothe. After about one week my younger sister noticed my skin looked "really nice" and asked me what I was doing differently. My skin had an even tone to it. She then when out and purchased the 4 oz container for herself. I highly recommend this product.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for two weeks and I see a huge difference in my skin and I am glad I got this product. It's helping clearing up my acne and making my skin glow.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I bought this product based on reviews and am happy I did so. I starting using it at night after I cleansed my face. When I applied the product it would sting a little, although that reaction has lessened. MY skin purged for a couple days, but nothing severe. I noticed my skin becoming much softer. After a couple weeks of use, I began using facial buffing pads to wash my face, and then I would apply the AHA as a moisturizer. The combination of the facial scrubber and the AHA has really evened my skin texture out and I rarely get any severe pimples. I would really recommend trying this product. I am now contemplating using a AHA with a higher %, perhaps 10%. This is a perfect product choice as a newby (which is where I started), and it is cheap.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Works well for me. Never tried any other brand. It is now an important part of my skincare regime.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Fantastic! Fades dark marks from acne and smooths fine lines. Doesn't dry you out either.

When I first began using this product, I definitely wasn't expecting a miracle overnight, which is great because I had minor purging for the first two weeks. I don't have ance, but I have large pores and some minor discoloration, and I always felt like my skin was dull even though I exfoliated about twice a week. So when I was getting small whiteheads for the first two weeks, I was worried that I was messing with my skin for no reason. But I'm really glad I stuck with it because after the purging, my skin has improved so much. My pores appear smaller and my overall complexion is brighter.

I began using this product by applying it every night after cleansing, and waiting about an hour before applying my night cream (for my combo skin, I need moisture at night. If you're oily, I wouldn't recommend it.) I wanted to get any purging over with, so I assumed that would be the best way to start off. Looking back, I probably could have only used it every other night or so, which is what I'm doing now. Also, I was using way too much and I was actually rubbing it in, which made my skin thinner and made the purging worse. After a couple of weeks, I started applying it really sparingly and only patting it on (don't rub!), and I noticed that my skin was more supple and brighter. You really only need to use a little bit product - applying more won't make it work faster or better. I've also gotten rid of the facial scrub I had been using a couple of times a week because this works so much better. There's no reason why you need to scrub if you're using AHA. It will just strip your skin or make it oilier.

Before purchasing this cream, I checked online at Walgreens to see if it was in stock at any of the stores on my daily route - it wasn't. So I went out of my way to get this, but it is so cheap and works so well for me, I don't mind the extra drive to a store I'd never ever visit. I'm also glad I waited a few months before reviewing this because even after the purging ended, I was still a little skeptical that it was actually this product making such an improvement (as if my skin just naturally decided to get brighter and softer and my pores just naturally decided to shrink), but this is definitely HG for me and I recommend it to anyone looking for an extra something for their skin.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Before this I was using Neutrogena Healthy Skin at night, which also contains glycolic acid. Obviously it doesn't contain nearly as much as this because I definitely noticed a difference immediately with this stuff. I've been using it for about 6 weeks now and it has improved my skin. I did have minimal purging for just a week or so and I wake up every morning to an oil slick, but when I wash that off my skin is glowing. I must add that I have yet to find ANY cream that I can wear all night without waking up to an oil slick so that's probably just my own bad luck. I might try the name brand version just to see if it does make a difference with the oil-slick, but I doubt it will. I will update if it does. Also, I don't see any difference between when I wear it 1-2 times a week vs. 7 days a week. I also use it on my hands once or twice a week before bed and it keeps them super-soft always, even in this cold weather.

I was searching around MUA, looking for some high rated products...when I came upon this. Most of the reviews were great, and I really wanted to ignore the bad ones.

Unfortunately, I now am now one of "those bad reviews". I only applied this once every night, and at first I started breaking out in areas that I've never broken out before. I thought that maybe it would get better as time went by...but boy was I wrong!

Now I have to take care of the acne that I'm left with because of the product. I know that I wasn't just purging because as soon as I stopped using the product, I stopped breaking out. I was so disappointed because I searched 3 different Walgreen's trying to find it. It was all just wishful thinking though. I don't understand how it has such a high rating?! I guess we all have different results, and you could go out and see if it works for you.....but I really wouldn't recommend it (just from my experience, which was horrible).

Sorry for my rant, but that's just how bad this product was for me. :(

Unfortunately, this product did not react well with my skin. I decided to try it based on the reviews by people who said they have very sensitive skin. It felt alright as I put it on, however, five minutes after, my face was very very red and I could feel my skin getting tighter. I had to remove it, so needlessly to say, I will definitely not be buying again.