September 17, 2014 | 1735 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2013 1:59:00 PM More reviews by anni7bzz

I looove this powder, it lasts long, skin looks natural and beautiful. For smaller coverage I apply it with brush over my moisture cream, if I need bigger coverage I apply foundation and than this product! Smells good! I have fair skin tone, and for me is very hard to find powder or foundation but the lightest shade of this powder fits me great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 7:40:00 AM More reviews by hollyhodgson

Fantastic product. First jar lasted me a whole year ! Cannot bear to use anything else now. Only downside is the size of the packaging for travelling but for the amount you get I can put up with that. You can absolutely pile this on and it never looks bad. Smooth and gorgeous and sets my healthy mix really well. No need to touch up for a good 6 hours. The powder puff works really well to press the powder onto the skin. Love it

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by nnovak006

Everyone else has already said it, but I have to say that this powder is the BEST! I recently tried La Mer's translucent loose powder after hearing it was good, but this is way better IMO. It is so finely milled and light you will forget you are wearing powder. It sets my foundation nicely and the best part about it is that it does not accentuate my large pores. In fact it makes my makeup look pretty flawless. I'm nc20-25 and 02 Clair was a good choice. Try this powder you won't regret it! Oh yeah and the container is so large this lasts me forever!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2013 10:03:00 PM More reviews by UWMsGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have normal/dry skin. I am currently using Chanel Vitualmiere foundation which I LOVE btw. Since I have been using this foundation I decided I needed a powder to set it, but I wanted a powder that wouldn't take away that dewy look that the Vitualmiere foundation gives me...I found it with this powder! It is great, it sets my foundation without taking away the dewy look and it looks amazing, it makes my face look and feel like silk....I wasn't sure about spending $52 plus on this, but I have no regrets...it was worth every penny! I am so happy I bought this, definitely give it a try!!! Adding this powder to my makeup routine was one of the best things I have done!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by qdo2599

I've recently tried this since I was so unhappy with my MUFE HD finishing powder. This totally blows it out of the water. It's now inducted into my HG HOF. This is only the second finishing powder I've ever tried so I'm not really comparing it to a lot. However I find that the powder is so finely milled and feels every light on the skin. Not only does it set and extends the wear of my foundation - it actually makes it look better! I've loved it so much that I've used it as my sole makeup/powder when I want to go for a more natural look or if I'm lazy. I lightly dust it over my moisturizer and it really creates a more even skin tone plus keeps my face matte longer. Therefore it has multiple uses.
This may seem like it's $$$$ however go to the counter and look at how HUGE it is - it will certainly last for quite some time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 2:18:00 AM More reviews by ChubbyLamb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So light! I usually just lightly dust it on top of my foundation ! Works great !!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2013 10:15:00 AM More reviews by blondbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm absolutly on the fence with this powder thanks to the ladies on the MUA board for Recommending this:) I was Desperately in need of something that would keep my dry to combo skin tame my skin around my nose area becomes shiny making my pores look Predominant no matter what I used they would still be there under my foundation looking larger then life:( something was just missing after researching a spam of powders I decided to go for the top gun chanel the packaging is classy and very posh the price is $52 but worth it considering this will last a life time I'm so glad I chose this over the pressed version you don't get nearly as much product as you do this will never live without this.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 1:13:00 AM More reviews by rocketqueen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I can't believe how great this is. I've tried so many loose powders out there (Becca, T. LeClerc, MUFE, MAC, Dior, Fyrinnae, Everyday Minerals, BE Mineral Veil, silica and/or rice powders, etc.) and while they are all good, Chanel is the best. Gorgeous silky finish, matte but not lustre-free. The packaging is absolutely huge so it's good value for your money.

Never looks chalky and gives the smoothest finish ever. Great with makeup or just on its own, and photographs very well. I never thought that a powder could do this much difference to be honest. I can actually use a little less foundation than usually and top off with this for the smooth finish. Definite HG!

I'm an NC15 and I use the Peche Clair 25 (should have gotten the Clair but was sent this by mistake), and it works fine since it's so translucent.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2013 5:19:00 PM More reviews by carlz33

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have been using this powder to set my foundation and I am loving it. It leaves the skin feeling silky, does not accentuate any dry areas of my skin and really stops any shine from appearing. I can go an entire day without reapplying any powder and still be shine-free by the time I take off my make up. This is the only powder I will ever use <3

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Elena1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a very good loose powder that gives a natural finish and perfectly sets my Chanel foundation. Like any other loose powder it has a light coverage. Usually I apply it with a puff only on the T-zone and it stays absolutely invisible on my face but at the same time it makes the skin tone more even and the skin feels silkier after applying the powder. I also like that it is oil-free.
This powder goes in a huge container. I believe even if I use it every single morning it will last 1-1.5 year. BUT I strongly believe that the container is over-sized to attract the customers. I compare it with Clinique blended face powder (it goes with a swivel-out brush) and it contains 35g (while Chanel contains only 30g). The container of Clinique is almost twice smaller that makes it comfortable to have it even in my bag if I wish and not just leaving it in a drawer like I do with Chanel.
In spite I am absolutely satisfied with the excellent quality of Chanel loose powder, I didnít see any difference with the one I had before (Clinique). The difference is only in price. Clinique 35g costs 26.00euro and Chanel 30g costs 51.50 euro.
I will not repurchase it again and will go back to Clinique.