Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this product, I have alot of redness, not roscea I believe it may have something to do with my eczema, I've been using this for about a year and will keep on using it!!

on 12/15/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm very pale, NC15 or N3 and no matter how I blended this green lotion would not disappear. It didn't even lessen the redness in my cheeks and it felt very greasy/heavy.

on 11/23/2009 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have red patches on my cheeks which are not rosacea, I've just had them my whole life. I've been using the base along with the powder for about a month, and have had very good results. No irritation on my sensitive skin. I do not use other make up over it, just the base and powder and they neutralize the redness and blend into my skin well. These are not miracle products, but they work well at evening out my skin tone.

Try this if you have sensitive skin and aren't planning on slathering any makeup on top of it. It certainly eliminates redness but as a primer, it's terrible. when I put concealer and mineral foundation over it, it "pilled." Totally awful.

on 9/7/2009 6:40:00 PM

They've got to be kidding if they think that tinting a little zinc oxide green counts as a rosacea treatment or a "protective base." The green is awful, doesn't neutralize my red cheeks, and the zinc oxide makes me pale instead of healthy. Plus it has the sticky texture of glue once on. And spf 15 is not sufficient for anyone prone to rosacea. Just the worst product imaginable.

on 8/30/2009 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Yuck. This stuff was greasy and made my skin feel gross. Not a good primer at all. Didn't do anything it claims.

This product is alright. I use it as a night cream because it is so thick (and I have very oily skin)... it calms my redness for a short while, but I haven't seen long term improvements. It does "cool down" the skin which is a nice feeling before bed. Hopefully other people have had more luck with this !! It's nice, but too expensive.. so I wouldn't purchase again.

Does not work as a primer (for me), it made my face even greasier/shinier.
It reduced the redness a little bit.
I now use it as a sunblock when I'm at the beach or something.

I have very sensitive skin and this does not bother it at all. I love that I can wear a sunscreen without irritation!

on 7/16/2009 9:07:00 PM

I just bought this today so I don't know if it breaks me out yet but so far I really like it. It really does tone down the redness on my cheeks better then I expected but I didn't expect much. The green isn't dark either so it doesn't show on the skin. It does seem to make my face shiny though. I got it for $21 CAN so it's half the price of MUFE's without the yellow...^_^ It is a little thick in consistency for a primer though but I mainly got it for the color correcting so I'm happy with it so far