Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.2

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

on 12/15/2009 4:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm very pale, NC15 or N3 and no matter how I blended this green lotion would not disappear. It didn't even lessen the redness in my cheeks and it felt very greasy/heavy.

on 11/23/2009 12:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I have red patches on my cheeks which are not rosacea, I've just had them my whole life. I've been using the base along with the powder for about a month, and have had very good results. No irritation on my sensitive skin. I do not use other make up over it, just the base and powder and they neutralize the redness and blend into my skin well. These are not miracle products, but they work well at evening out my skin tone.

Try this if you have sensitive skin and aren't planning on slathering any makeup on top of it. It certainly eliminates redness but as a primer, it's terrible. when I put concealer and mineral foundation over it, it "pilled." Totally awful.

on 9/7/2009 6:40:00 PM

They've got to be kidding if they think that tinting a little zinc oxide green counts as a rosacea treatment or a "protective base." The green is awful, doesn't neutralize my red cheeks, and the zinc oxide makes me pale instead of healthy. Plus it has the sticky texture of glue once on. And spf 15 is not sufficient for anyone prone to rosacea. Just the worst product imaginable.

on 8/30/2009 5:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Yuck. This stuff was greasy and made my skin feel gross. Not a good primer at all. Didn't do anything it claims.

This product is alright. I use it as a night cream because it is so thick (and I have very oily skin)... it calms my redness for a short while, but I haven't seen long term improvements. It does "cool down" the skin which is a nice feeling before bed. Hopefully other people have had more luck with this !! It's nice, but too expensive.. so I wouldn't purchase again.

Does not work as a primer (for me), it made my face even greasier/shinier.
It reduced the redness a little bit.
I now use it as a sunblock when I'm at the beach or something.

I have very sensitive skin and this does not bother it at all. I love that I can wear a sunscreen without irritation!

on 7/16/2009 9:07:00 PM

I just bought this today so I don't know if it breaks me out yet but so far I really like it. It really does tone down the redness on my cheeks better then I expected but I didn't expect much. The green isn't dark either so it doesn't show on the skin. It does seem to make my face shiny though. I got it for $21 CAN so it's half the price of MUFE's without the yellow...^_^ It is a little thick in consistency for a primer though but I mainly got it for the color correcting so I'm happy with it so far

on 5/29/2009 12:26:00 PM

I started to develop strange red patches on my cheeks and I have a "leftover" from big melasma patch on my forehead that is sometimes almost invilible, sometimes slightly on the reddish side. Plus my face is generally darker than my neck and it irritates me.
I was too tired to put any makeup today as I went shopping with my toddler, but I stopped at the Clinique counter to look at some bronzers and ended up with trying this. It looked scary and caky at the beginning, but as I spread it properly and allowed 1-2 min for it to sink in, i looked in the mirror again and my jaw literally dropped! I just couldn't believe the difference in my skin tone! Even and glowing, ex-melasma patch completely gone, the red on the cheeks toned down to almost non-existent. And best of all, my face looked the same color as my neck!
I spent so much money and time looking for a right foundation to cover and correct all this, but only heavy foundations worked to do the job completely. And I hate heavy foundations. After trying this I decided to give it a time expecting it to fade or change somehow. After an hour I went into The Body Shop and tried a lightest dusting of their mineral powder. Now that amount of powder wouldn't do much for me at all (tried it before), but over Clinique's base it just canceled out any redness that was left on my cheeks. My face looked flawless AND natural for the first time for ages.
I'm going back to Clinique tomorrow, first thing in the morning, to get myself this base. I just don't want to be without it any more, not even for one single day.
If anything changes, I will update.

UPDATE: Well, nothing changed really. I still love it. And the great thing about it is that I need so much less foundation or powder when wearing this, about 1/2 less. And it controls shine on my forehead and nose for several hours.
But there are a few things I'd like to add. This can be somwhat difficult to blend if your skin is not moisturized well or if you have dry skin. I tried to put it without moisturizer underneath and it didn't look good, so I'd recommend this rather for combo or oily skins as it does reduce shine pretty well. You can also try mixing it with your moisturizer.
I was so happy with how this evened out my skin tone and went overboard by applying too much in order to make it even better! (lol) It doesn't work. It will only make you green-white, sick looking. The best amount is a pea-size or little less spread over entire face. But you can add a tiny little more on very red patches like I do on my chin and cheeks. Tap it on and press with your fingers instead of rubbing.
I personally don't rely on this for sun protection when I'm outside a lot because, as I said, I had melasma and need a really high, stable and UVA sunblock.
Overall, very happy to find it and will definitely buy again.
EDIT 26/02/10
I'm still using this every now and then. It still works well if I have some redness or irritation which doesn't happen often any more. It blends with my skin beautifly and doesn't look green at all. I guess it just works for my skin tone (or the tone of my redness). But I can see that, for some people, it can look just plain green or white, totally off. It's hit or miss try (like with many skin care or makeup products). If you can, try a sample first.