April 19, 2014 | 1432 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tend to use the food grade rosewater by Cortas because the other brands I have used (i.e. Dabur) has this disgusting scent that makes it unusable and it makes me breakout in pin-sized acne. When reading the ingredient list, it contains additional additive and preservatives, which probably contributed to my acne. Anyway, I love the Cortas brand of rosewater because I use it as a toner in the summer months, a hair mister since my hair gets dry very easily and to style my hair, and iron my clothes with it. I keep it refrigerate since it doesn't contains preservatives. I also mix it with glycerin to mist into my hair and skin to add moisture (yes even with my oily skin I need moisture, especially with the AC going on on full blast). I always have four bottles on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lately, I've been obsessed with DIY skincare- I've been making my own Vitamin C serum and a hydrating makeup primer spray, and I use rosewater for both. This stuff is so amazing, I can't believe every woman in the world isn't using it. I heard that rosewater had moisturizing and astringent properties and I wanted to incorporate it into my skincare regimen. I found a 10 oz bottle of Indo European (I think that's the brand) Rose Water at my local Ralph's supermarket (it was the last bottle, found in the international foods aisle). It smells so divine, you would never think it costs less than $4! Here are my skincare recipes just in case anyone would like to try making their own serum or makeup primer mist:

20% Vitamin C Serum:
1/5 tsp (or 1 cc) L-ascorbic acid powder from Lotioncrafters.com
1/5 tsp vegetable glycerin (from the beauty aisle at the supermarket)
3/5 tsp pure distilled rose water

In a shotglass, add the rosewater to the Vitamin C powder and mix, then add the glycerin and mix well. Pour mixture into an amber glass dropper bottle (I got mine at specialtybottle.com) and keep in a dry, dark place so your serum won't spoil too quickly (there are no preservatives in this recipe.) This amount should be good for about a week. Toss it if it turns from clear to yellowish.

Rosewater Hydrating Makeup Primer Mist:
4 tbs rosewater
1 tsp glycerin (use less if you find the mist too sticky)
1/10 tsp hyaluronic acid powder (from Lotioncrafters.com)

In a shotglass, mix the HA powder and rosewater well. Then add the glycerin and mix until blended. Pour into an atomizer/spray bottle and mist your face before applying makeup (let it dry for a few minutes) or whenever your skin could use a hydrating boost. Make fresh every week.

This is the BEST makeup primer I've ever tried- I hate silicones and break out from every makeup primer I've used, until this one! The slightly stickiness of the glycerin (a great moisturizer) helps my makeup go on sooo smoothly and makes it last! Also, I notice that my nasolabial lines and other fine lines get smoothed out when I use this! (Glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid both absorb moisture from the air and bind it to your skin, which plump up lines in your skin. Just don't use any more than the recipe calls for or these ingredients will absorb moisture from your own skin and dry you out!)

I highly recommend rosewater for these homemade skincare recipes because it adds extra moisture and a luxurious scent!

26 out of 26 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jaymovez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: Reviewing rose water again, may have not been the cause of my breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. So simple. I bought some to try after reading the reviews, it's worked itself on to my list of "must have". I use it after deep cleaning to keep my face from feeling too tight. I like the smell of roses. It's also great to spray over make up to give yourself a glow. I don't know what to say - except for the price you should try it. If your skin likes it - excellent, and if you don't love it, you haven't spend a crazy amount of money on a product you don't like. Being in a spray you can use it for many other purposes besides your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toner! I'd bathe in it if I could! For years I tried to find something that was gentle enough and non drying. I've yet to try this with added glycerin but as-is it's phenomenal! It's even bumped my first favorite- Witch hazel- out of the top spot. Whenever I have redness or just plain need a pick me up for my face I reach for it. It's especially nice after exfoliation. Rebottled, it make a lovely body mist, and I've sprayed it in my hair as a perfume as well as a defrizzer. This is one of the few grooming products that I just can't live without.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

I just got my second bottle of this. I originally started out with Gow's rose hydrosol (garden of wisdom) and that was lovely. I could really tell my skin liked it, a calmer more radiant complexion. I've tried a few other facial sprays as I like to apply them after my powder foundation to set it. I saw the Heritage products version on my last trip to the health food store. Very inexpensive, smells lovely *I tend to spray all over because I love the fragrance so! This is going to be a staple for me, now I really want to find a good rose lipbalm...Definitey worth it cheap and wonderful stuff.
Update 5/2012- Although cosmetically elegant I can't see any real treatment benefit, I no longer wear powder Mu so this will not be repurchased.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2010 10:35:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I only started using this product a few weeks ago after reading rave reviews on MUA. My parents had always banged on about rosewater and how good it was, but I didn't think much of it. I hate the smell of roses and it was just rose scented water, right? How ignorant I was back then hehe...

My parents purchased a bottle of rosewater whilst they were on holiday in Morroco, so I thought I'd give it a go. I mixed 3/4 pure rosewater with 1/4 of my La Roche Posay facial mist in a empty spray bottle. I started using it every night after I'd cleansed and applied my moisturizer.

I noticed a difference in my skin almost immediately. I'd been suffering from a bad breakout from a serum I used first time I tried rosewater, and the next day my pimples had cleared significantly. I was pretty impressed! Gradually, I noticed a reduction of breakouts, less oiliness and slightly softer skin. It really has made a difference. I also like to use this instead of Fix+ to spritz over makeup or to cool down on hot days. It does the exact same thing but for a fraction of the price and less chemicals ;)

I've read about benefits of rosewater and there seems to be quite a few...it has some antiseptic and anti bacterial properties. I guess this is why it helps with my breakouts.

I don't like the smell, but I'm not gonna complain much because the actual effect of rosewater on my skin is very good. If you like the smell of roses you could probably use this as a perfume though! Overall I really do like this and would urge all you other ladies to try it out :)

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2010 6:07:00 AM More reviews by nelson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can't believe it's taken me so long to write a review for this product when it's one of only a handful of beauty products i cannot live without!
What i love about it most is that i can transform a creamy moisturiser into a lotion if my skin is feeling like it can't handle a lot of moisturiser (after all the only difference between a cream and a lotion is it's amount of H20!)
If my skin is very oily i'll just spray this on my face after washing it and skip the moisturiser, the rosewater stops my skin from going crepey overnight and stops a breakout. I started using this after splashing out and buying a very expensive bottle of Jurlique rosewater ten plus years ago which was more than $30 Australian for a smallish bottle, well hold on to your pennies ladies and gents, seriously don't bother! I buy mine from a Middle Eastern grocer down the road for about Aus $3.99 (and triple the size) and decantered it into a spray bottle and it is exactly the same thing! You can probably buy it at other supermarkets too.
Awesomeness in a bottle, and how good does it smell!
Oh and i should mention as it is intended for food have you tried sprinkling some over baklava or making a rosewater syrup for vanilla bavarois? It's totally delicious and your friends will think you're very fancy indeed, ok i'm digressing now, ha ha!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 10:10:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

Pros:
Everything
Cons:
Nothing

Bottom Line: This is the best toner you will ever try. I am convinced it works for all skin types as it has worked for me during winter and summer. Definitely HG. I don't think I will ever use another toner again. Enough said. (I could rave on and on about it would that would take up too many characters.)

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by MyBeehive

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using the rosewater pictured for about 3 years for just about everything. I buy it at Whole Foods and use it almost daily. It is perfect for the beach to cool off or for removing salt after swimming in the ocean, I use it as a quick toner on the face and hands. It's also great to freshen up hair/makeup on the go. Once, I even used it combined with a Gillette Venus Spa Breeze razor for a quickie shave!
The scent is lovely and dissipates quick. I find that I re-buy this every time I run low. Rosewater for EVERYTHING!! Lol.