July 23, 2014 | 2104 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2011 6:41:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

I buy the Royal Essence brand of rose water, comes in an 8oz spritz bottle and it costs about 15 dollars. I tried to buy a cheaper one from a local Indian store but it smelled so much more alcoholic than the one i buy and i wasnt going to put alcohol on my face, so I dont know where else to buy it, the Home Health brand

anyway on to the product. ingredients: Steamed Purified Aqua, Bulgarian Rose Petals

I keep this in the fridge to keep it fresh and chilly and after i get out of the shower i spray my face and neck. i wait a minute or two to let it sit on my face and then i gently pat and slap my face to help absorb all the water and for blood circulation, it really helps reduce redness and restore P.h levels in skin, plus it smells amazing in the morning, like fresh roses. i consider this my 'toner'
love it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2011 11:47:00 AM More reviews by dravbabu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

xcellent toner to use between cleanser and moisturizer stages. easy to incorporate to your routine. if it comes with a spray, u can carry it in your bag and use it through the day to sprintz on your face and freshen up! i drench a cotton ball with it and use it all over my face, especially around my eyes to remove my eye makeup(which my cetaphil cleanser cant get). great product, smells lovely, like roses. better than the expensive toners which contain denatured alcohol, ughhh. will repurchase :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2011 4:21:00 PM More reviews by ltgee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

bought this from whole foods the other day. i also bought a bottle of pure witch hazel to add to this because i am acne prone. smells wonderful & the price is great ($7.99). i know that thayers makes rose petal with witch hazel but they also have other ingredients in there that i didnt want (thats why im making my own). good stuff & will repurchase! very versatile & can also be used on food.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2011 8:20:00 PM More reviews by cheapglamour

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

*angels singing* this... is... wonderful! i cant express how much i love rosewater :') but in all seriousness, this is my HG moisturizer. a must-have. a staple in my skincare, etc.
i bought the rosewater (the one with glycerin) 1 1/2 months ago for about $8 at Whole Foods. i used it the night i bought it.
the spray bottle makes application easy and sanitary. just one spray on my entire face, then spray again on each of my cheeks and forehead (4 sprays total). i let it soak in for a couple minutes then massage it into my skin.
the formula is light on my oily skin, and soothing on my acne. both a BIG plus! although its not heavy at all, its still moisturizing (however if you have dry skin, you may want to combine this with essential oils or reliable moisturizer). there was no residue except for a sticky feeling on my skin (due to the glycerin) which went away shortly after.
anyway, now on to the amazing part: i woke up the next morning to GLOWING skin! and im serious when i say "GLOWING". i was taken aback when i saw myself in the mirror. usually i wake up to dull, oily skin. but after just one use of the rosewater, i woke up to bright and happy skin! no moisturizers (high-end or low-end) have ever given me this healthy, dewy look that the rosewater has. in addition to this, my acne didnt look or feel irritated. it went from red and angry, to calm and neutral-colored.
as i continue to use it, i cant help but notice my scars fading slowly but surely. and my overall skintone is evening out. my skin is neither parched nor greasy. and i feel like my skin can breathe now that theres no chemical moisturizers clogging it up.
i was a bit apprehensive on how this would act with makeup, but i found that it sits very well. in fact, it contributes to my look by giving me that rosewater glow without looking greasy.
my only concern is that it runs out too fast (or maybe i just use it too much haha)! but thats ok because i plan to buy more!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by gommiebears

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tend to use the food grade rosewater by Cortas because the other brands I have used (i.e. Dabur) has this disgusting scent that makes it unusable and it makes me breakout in pin-sized acne. When reading the ingredient list, it contains additional additive and preservatives, which probably contributed to my acne. Anyway, I love the Cortas brand of rosewater because I use it as a toner in the summer months, a hair mister since my hair gets dry very easily and to style my hair, and iron my clothes with it. I keep it refrigerate since it doesn't contains preservatives. I also mix it with glycerin to mist into my hair and skin to add moisture (yes even with my oily skin I need moisture, especially with the AC going on on full blast). I always have four bottles on hand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by sweet_like_honey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Lately, I've been obsessed with DIY skincare- I've been making my own Vitamin C serum and a hydrating makeup primer spray, and I use rosewater for both. This stuff is so amazing, I can't believe every woman in the world isn't using it. I heard that rosewater had moisturizing and astringent properties and I wanted to incorporate it into my skincare regimen. I found a 10 oz bottle of Indo European (I think that's the brand) Rose Water at my local Ralph's supermarket (it was the last bottle, found in the international foods aisle). It smells so divine, you would never think it costs less than $4! Here are my skincare recipes just in case anyone would like to try making their own serum or makeup primer mist:

20% Vitamin C Serum:
1/5 tsp (or 1 cc) L-ascorbic acid powder from Lotioncrafters.com
1/5 tsp vegetable glycerin (from the beauty aisle at the supermarket)
3/5 tsp pure distilled rose water

In a shotglass, add the rosewater to the Vitamin C powder and mix, then add the glycerin and mix well. Pour mixture into an amber glass dropper bottle (I got mine at specialtybottle.com) and keep in a dry, dark place so your serum won't spoil too quickly (there are no preservatives in this recipe.) This amount should be good for about a week. Toss it if it turns from clear to yellowish.

Rosewater Hydrating Makeup Primer Mist:
4 tbs rosewater
1 tsp glycerin (use less if you find the mist too sticky)
1/10 tsp hyaluronic acid powder (from Lotioncrafters.com)

In a shotglass, mix the HA powder and rosewater well. Then add the glycerin and mix until blended. Pour into an atomizer/spray bottle and mist your face before applying makeup (let it dry for a few minutes) or whenever your skin could use a hydrating boost. Make fresh every week.

This is the BEST makeup primer I've ever tried- I hate silicones and break out from every makeup primer I've used, until this one! The slightly stickiness of the glycerin (a great moisturizer) helps my makeup go on sooo smoothly and makes it last! Also, I notice that my nasolabial lines and other fine lines get smoothed out when I use this! (Glycerin and Hyaluronic Acid both absorb moisture from the air and bind it to your skin, which plump up lines in your skin. Just don't use any more than the recipe calls for or these ingredients will absorb moisture from your own skin and dry you out!)

I highly recommend rosewater for these homemade skincare recipes because it adds extra moisture and a luxurious scent!

28 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by jaymovez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Edit: Reviewing rose water again, may have not been the cause of my breakouts

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2011 2:11:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it. So simple. I bought some to try after reading the reviews, it's worked itself on to my list of "must have". I use it after deep cleaning to keep my face from feeling too tight. I like the smell of roses. It's also great to spray over make up to give yourself a glow. I don't know what to say - except for the price you should try it. If your skin likes it - excellent, and if you don't love it, you haven't spend a crazy amount of money on a product you don't like. Being in a spray you can use it for many other purposes besides your face.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 8:30:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my HG toner! I'd bathe in it if I could! For years I tried to find something that was gentle enough and non drying. I've yet to try this with added glycerin but as-is it's phenomenal! It's even bumped my first favorite- Witch hazel- out of the top spot. Whenever I have redness or just plain need a pick me up for my face I reach for it. It's especially nice after exfoliation. Rebottled, it make a lovely body mist, and I've sprayed it in my hair as a perfume as well as a defrizzer. This is one of the few grooming products that I just can't live without.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2010 6:48:00 PM More reviews by caramelkiss19

I just got my second bottle of this. I originally started out with Gow's rose hydrosol (garden of wisdom) and that was lovely. I could really tell my skin liked it, a calmer more radiant complexion. I've tried a few other facial sprays as I like to apply them after my powder foundation to set it. I saw the Heritage products version on my last trip to the health food store. Very inexpensive, smells lovely *I tend to spray all over because I love the fragrance so! This is going to be a staple for me, now I really want to find a good rose lipbalm...Definitey worth it cheap and wonderful stuff.
Update 5/2012- Although cosmetically elegant I can't see any real treatment benefit, I no longer wear powder Mu so this will not be repurchased.