Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

Nearly two years ago, I had sworn off No.5, based on several factors. I had one too many unfortunate encounters with women that over-applied. Additionally, I feel that my nose wasn't quite mature enough...my tastes weren't yet refined. Around the age of 30, all of that changed. After falling in love with my #1, (Coco edp) and sort of training my nose to see the beauty in a few of Chanel's offerings, I decided it was time to try No.5 on my skin. I obtained samples of Eau Premiere and at the moment of spray, it was nothing short of pure bliss! A cool, sparkling smooth, gentle floral with touches of lemon tart, warmed by a the most creamy-soft vanilla. A perfectly-composed, long-lasting perfume that can be worn anytime, any place. For such a "wearable" number, Eau Premiere is never boring and for me, it always hits the spot. Later, I obtained a sample of No.5 Edp and while I don't love it like I love EP, I do admire and enjoy wearing it. Eau Premiere is all bubbly, clear and creamy. No.5 Edp is regal and dense and feels more "serious." But both have that alluring, gorgeous base that just goes and goes for hours! During that long drydown, I find that both turn into a bit of a "skin scent" for me. Especially with Eau Premiere. No other fragrance makes me feel this comfortably feminine.

As for my very favorite way to wear No.5 thus far it is Eau Premiere layered over the No.5 Body Lotion, (or even better- the body cream!) The lotion is very soapy and floral, sans the vanilla and sandalwood. I like that because the EP really gels beautifully with the lotion. If I could, I would own the entire line of bath & body products for both No.5 and Coco!

number one!!!
this perfume is delicious it is soft and lovely.
very femenine with the same chanel number 5 effect but more sublime, it is just my signature perfume, I want people to smell me !!!!

really worth every penny the scent goes a long time so you dont need re appliying, it is also a very fresh scent It will not give you a hedache i highly recommend this perfume it is the best I have ever tried
I love it!!!!!!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is fresh and nice without being fruity or "green" (a plus in my book). It's a great summer fragrance (I rotate between this and Michael Kors Michael in warmer weather). As others have said all the lovely of the original No 5 without the dare I say "old" overtone. The only negative is it doesn't seem to stick around too long.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

isnt horrible, but all i (and my hubby) got from this was baby powder...and then some more baby powder and then a baby powder SOUR smell. had such high hopes from the rave reviews...chanel just doesnt agree with my body chem i guess! :(

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I hated no 5 for years, and kept going back again to try it to see if it had grown on me. I recently started doing this with Eau Premiere as well, given that its meant to be a lighter, younger version, and for a long time, it really did nothing for me.

I don't know precisely what changed, but over the past couple of weeks, I've been trying this alongside No5 edp, and happily sniffing my arms, and going back to sniff another strip.

I finally cracked today and bought some Eau Premiere. To be honest, I think the No 5 edp is a bit more womanly, with a little more soul, but I thought Eau Premiere would be the best choice since it's summer. And sure enough, I love the soapiness it gives off with body heat, and I didn't find it overpowering in any way.

The rose and jasmine heart is still that reminiscent one of the edp, and it is best in the dry down, though better at that stage in the edp than Eau Premiere.

I'm thrilled with it, and am looking forward to switching to the edp when it's cooler.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am IN LOVE with Eau Premiere! I have many different Chanel perfumes, but this is my absolute favorite! Although I love love love my No 5, I find it not to be an all day everyday Lind of fragrance. Eau Premiere is that kind of fragrance that can be worn day, night, to a special occasion, in the bathtub, to bed, etc..This is my new signature scent and I encourage anyone that is just getting into Chanel To try this one out! It's a breath of heavenly air!

I've been using the Elixer for several years but discovered that I like the Eau Premiere even more, if that's possible! This is more suitable for daily wear, as it is a bit lighter. It's also easier to apply -- a spray vs. a dab on. The smells are similar, but Premiere has a fizzyness to the top notes that just draws me in and a warm vanilla note that pops up later in the day. I think they've added the same sort of candyfloss ethyl maltol (sp?) that I loved in L'Artisan Mimosa Pour Moi.
I also love the original EDT but it's a much more traditional scent and a bit heavy for daytime.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Lovely Perfume, makes me feel very sophisticated and lady like when I wear it, I don't wear a lot of perfume and most of my perfumes last me a long time, working in the medical field on a day to day basis I don't wear perfume but outside of work or studying I do. This makes me feel very special and lady like and I supposed that's one of the charms of being a women. :) I probably wouldn't need to rebuy in a long time because it last a little spritz is all you need.

I get bored with perfumes very quickly. For a long time I was constantly looking for my signature scent without luck. I tend to drawn to light and and fresh smell so I never thought I would like Chanel fragrances...until Eau Premiere. I absolutely love this one. I've already used half of the bottle and that's very rare. I love how it's very subtle. I don't think people can smell me until I'm very close to them. Often at work, I would get a whiff of it and it's so lovely. I love the scent so much that I bought No. 5 lotion, powder, elixir body gel and soap, pretty much everything except the original No. 5 itself because I still can't wear it but I love its essence. Eau Premiere version to me lighter, fresher but still very elegant. I just wish that it lasts longer. On me, it lasts only for a couple of hours. Good thing I have the Travalo.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

When i origanally purchased this product i felt the scent reminded me of my grandmother ,but this is not a bad thing considering the fact that my grandmother is a very elegant classy lady.This fragrance makes you remience on coco chanel herself very classy lady and ,let us not forget MM one of the worlds fashion icon .After,my first purchase of this perfume i have been hooked ,it may be a tad bit strong but it is long lasting and has notes of jasmine mixe with talcm powder (on me) ;i say this because when i went to purchase it the lady in the counter told me all humans have different smells and the mix of your natural smell with any fragrance will never be the same as with someone else.With that taken into consideration i find this perfume to be ''amaze'' .I do think that with any perfume you should test it before purchase and find one suitable to your personality whether, it be funky, classy,girly or anything else for that matter . :)

Popular Fragrances