September 2, 2014 | 1861 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by poezemoes

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Superb brush !!!! Love, love, love !!!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2011 10:55:00 AM More reviews by chipsy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't mind investing my money into brushes that I know will last and will provide me with great results. I own three of the Artisan brushes from Nars and I love them all, but the Yachiyo is my favourite for blush. Lovely to look at and functional.

It is perfect for applying just a light, subtle sweep of colour on the first go, and allows you to easily build up colour without looking fake. I think it is the perfect blusher brush and it is so beautiful to look at as well!

The only reason I have not given it 5/5 is because it is SO pricey and my brush smells funny after I have washed it. I think this might be because of the type of wood used in the handle though.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by pel2iwinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this brush. I bought it when I was on a NARS obsession. But I rarely reach for it. It's so cutely crafted and artistic, but it's so small and seems flimsy that I'm afraid it'll break if I travel with it, and the handle is so short that it kinda disappears around my other brushes. It is quite pricey too. It applies blush well, but I think it's not worth the money. There are other brushes on the market that are sturdier and can apply blush just as well. Sorry, NARS!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2011 7:39:00 PM More reviews by lehzheng

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rough brush, but it's very fluffy. The end is tapered so you can get a more precise application. I this this brush really looks elegant in it's own way and it's wonderful to bring around in your purse so you can brag about it in parties, but it's to expensive. Wont buy again, but it is beautiful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 1:40:00 AM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

What a fabulous brush! I hated it at first. I love Nars, and loved the japanese highlighter brush. I kept trying brushes and couldn't find the perfect one. This can diffuse the most scariest color blushes and make it look like a quiet little demure blush. i think the trick is that you can't handle this like regular blush brush. for me first hold the brush straight in the air, then i tilt the brush toward the inside of the face just a little so if my face was a clock and i was doing my right cheek i would hold the brush at 10 oclock. then i lightly tap the side of the brush on the apple of my cheek and tap it on my cheek bone all the way up to my hair line. It looks beyond natural and it allows you to build the color WITHOUT removing the foundation you so painfully set before you put the blush on! I think it also helps hide my scars as well! which is my biggest skin problem. It gets better and better when you use and brush it. So give it a couple of weeks of daily use, try the above technique i described above. it took me a couple of trys to figure out the perfect application. but it works for me and i hope it works for you! But it gives you a diffused flawless buildable blush coverage and doesn't disturb what is underneath. i said i wouldnt buy the product again because it aka good care of my brushes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2011 3:55:00 AM More reviews by kumintang

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

If you have acne scarring and big pores on your cheek like I do and find applying blushes is very tricky as to not accentuate the scars or making it cakey looking, please try this brush, it has done wonders on me.
Another plus point, there hardly any blending needed with this brush so in a way it saves time. Love this brush so much, wish I bought it sooner :). Oh, and I found that using this brush with even drugstore blushes (Milani) delivers the same amazing results if I use sheertone blushes by Mac or Nars blushes. Totally worth the hype and the price in my opinion

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by sammin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is the *only* brush for highly-pigmented blushes, such as those made by NARS. Their blush in "Amour" laid dormant in my makeup drawer for months, after one too many clown face application debacles. I don't recommend applying this in a rush -- a patient and light hand only, please. It wasn't until I purchased this brush (at full price, *shudder*) that I realized how beautiful NARS blushes can be.

Sadly, in a profound streak of bad luck, I lost this brush along with a whole lot of makeup, and had to find a cheaper alternative. After I concluded that there simply IS no alternative, I found this brush on ebay at less than half the price I paid. I know I took a chance, but luckily this new brush is 100% authentic and a luxury to use. I'll update with washing instructions, when I do so.

UPDATE**-** I found the lost brush, and so now have two, which I don't mind at all. Some reviewers find the brush stiff, which I did at first (with some disappointment), but after 2 or 3 washings, it softened, and is now my HG blush brush. I don't recommend washing this (nor any makeup brush, for that matter) with cheap baby shampoo. I wash it with my regular Aveda shampoo and find my brushes are not only cleaner, but softer, than when I washed them with baby shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by shnarch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok, i went to the bay (canada) to pick this up and paid full price $73!! I absolutely love the soft brush head! The only grupe i have is that the brush is crooked / warped. I am thinking of heading back to exchange it for one a little more straight. Are any of yours crooked? Is mine defective or are they all really warped? Otherwise it is perfect!

EDIT - i exchanged the yachiyo for a straight one and LOVE it...

back to 5 lippies

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2011 4:21:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this brush for the way it applies extremely pigmented blush--it diffuses it quite well and seems to be made for NARS blush application. I did, however, use a stippling brush on one cheek and used this on the other, and they do apply about the same, except you can be slightly more precise with this brush, given the smaller, tapered brush head. HOWEVER, it's not without its drawbacks. It does shed a little--I've had it for less than a month and it's lost about a hair every time I've used it.

On top of that, it's very scratchy, and I expected a brush that costs $50 to be made of high-grade goat hair and SUPER soft, but that's not the case. I'm going to return it b/c I prefer my blush brushes to be softer and not as coarse as this is. I've heard that older Yachiyo brushes are softer, so maybe they've changed the quality of the hairs? I was so excited to get this, given all the positive MUA reviews, but it fell far from my expectations and I think I'm going back to my ELF and MAC brushes.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by NC41

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Fantastic brush, gives excellent result with Nars blushes especially, it is also a beautiful piece in its own right. Horribly expensive, but worth it I think - I have brushes that are 15+ years old, so planning to make this one last...