Johnson & Johnson Baby Oil

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Fragrance (Parfum)

on 1/4/2013 11:52:00 PM

I use this stuff to remove my eye makeup because I use waterproof mascara pretty much every time I use makeup. I just hold a cotton pad soaked with a bit of the baby oil on to my eye for a few seconds and its gone. I tired to use it for my face makeup once after reading the comments but I don't recommend it. It broke me out and it felt so greasy and gross so I only use it on my eye area. I've also tired using it as a moisturizer but it wasn't doing much for me. Honestly most things don't work for me, I have complicated skin that's really hard to keep moisturized in the winter. So I think it's probably best to not take my word for it. My skin just can't contain moisture at all, my skin is like a fish out of water constantly. If anyone has anything to recommend to me that would be great (even vasiline doesn't do much for me). Anyway back to review, this is an excellent makeup remover and I recommend it for that purpose!

on 12/27/2012 1:39:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I like the simplicity of the formula. I use this alternatively with the Skin Revealing 10% AHA Lotion from Paula's Choice after shower, and the result is amazingly soft and well-moisturized skin all over the body! I normally prefer products without fragrance, but the smell of this product is fine. One minor problem is the greasiness (well, of course you have to expect that), once I stepped on my bedside table to reach something a little while after I applied it to my foot after shower, and the greasy foot print was still there the next morning! haha. No one should be scared of mineral oil - cosmetic grade mineral oil is very good for your skin and there is a ton of reputable medical journals out there that will tell you that.

on 11/24/2012 3:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Other

Nothing better than the feeling of baby oil on your skin after a nice relaxing bath or shower! I get the unscented one. Hate the package though, it leaks and gets really messy.

on 11/8/2012 9:13:00 PM

I've seen a lot of comments using this as a makeup remover, I'll have to give that a try!
I actually started using it as a face moisturizer after my shower at night. I know it's not recommended, but my face was soooo dry and itchy (with the recent change in seasons) that I was desperate.

After my shower and washing my face I apply a tiny bit to the tips of my fingers and massage it into my skin. I focus on my nose and chin, which get particularly dry and flaky. I do apply it to my entire face though.

Once it's set for a minute or 2 I blot off any excess oil. I then leave it as is. After blotting the excess, it really doesn't feel greasy, this could be because my skin is so dry.

The next morning my skin is silky smooth. I rinse it with some luke warm water and apply a light weight moisturizer where needed.
*note: I wouldn't use the baby oil as a day moisturizer because of sun exposure.

I just started doing this, so if I do notice any breakouts I'll certainly update. So far it's been working well though.

My skin type is very sensitive and very dry.

on 11/5/2012 5:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Removes the most hard-core mascara and eyeliner.

Cheap and comes in a huge bottle. Couldn't ask for more!

on 10/21/2012 10:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

Great for removing eye makeup! I just put a little on a cotton swab and it works like a charm.

on 10/10/2012 2:15:00 PM

I used this for the first time last night to remove my makeup. I can deff. say that I will never again but makeup remover wipes. This stuff works AMAZING!!! I got a huge bottle of the equate brand for like $2.

on 10/7/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I started using this to clean the bristles of my makeup brushes until it really started irritating my eyes. Now I just stick to An addition to shaving cream in the shower and it serves me very well and helps prevent shaving bumps and irritation

on 10/7/2012 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

I love using this to break down the makeup in my brushes for a super deep clean. I mix a bit of baby shampoo, baby oil, and baking soda with water to break up the gunky makeup. Then I squeeze out the excess water, wash with baby soap and BOOM! Clean brushes.

on 9/6/2012 11:26:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this originally to use as a make-up remover, but it actually irritated my eye area. I switched to using it in the shower as a shaving cream, and I will never go back to regular shaving cream. It keeps your skin moisturized even after getting out the shower.

Popular Body Skincare Products