April 16, 2014 | 970 users online

Skincare - Body - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2012 10:59:00 PM More reviews by TreeHug10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

From makeup remover to soothing balm for a spanked ass, who would have thought it was such a versatile liquid....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 12:02:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

Oils in general have been a staple in my daily functioning life! That's not to say I would die without them, but it doesn't mean I can never go to bed without it!
I have being using Bio Oil for the last 2 years, every night before bed and every morning and night during winter. I hardly (except for baby lotion as hand cream) every use body lotion.
Bio Oil was getting a bit expensive considering I'm going through a large bottle every 10 weeks, baby oil on the upside was only $3.50AUD and I go though a bottle once every 4-5 weeks, it was huge relief for my wallet.
This oil not only hydrates, but it smells soo beautiful and subtle. it reminds me of my favourite discontinue baby cologne in 'Fresh Blossom' but just more subtle, a scent I'll never forget.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2012 11:13:00 PM More reviews by powersuit

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've used countless body lotions, both cheaper and expensive, yet who would have thought that the stuff mom used on me would moisturize better than any of them? I have very dry skin. Most moisterizers just don't last for me. Sure baby oil goes on a bit greasy, but once it is absorbed ( I apply right after a bath), nothing keeps me so soft, and the smell is subtle and attractive! And it lasts! Often easily an entire 24 hrs! It's cheap, works , and smells lovely! I also recently tried it as a makeup remover. Works as good as the best, though I actually found it a little too greasy for my face. Great eye moisturizer at night though. kills those fine lines with softness and moisture and I wake up smooth in the morning!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2012 5:09:00 AM More reviews by Adrianlu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of those must keep on hand products for me. It has a multitude of uses head to toe from removing makeup to moisturizing ashy feet. I only by Johnson and Johnson. The newer bottle is great at preventing spills/leaking. I love te smell of this. I will continue to purchase this. A litte goes a longgg way so this is very cost effective. I even carry a small bottle whenever I travel.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2012 1:58:00 AM More reviews by eatmyshort

I've tried many many types of oils to remove my makeup, especially waterproof eye makeup, but none can beat baby oil. Coconut oils cause stye to grow around my eyes. Olive oil sting my eyes and it doesn't even remove all the makeup like baby oil. I find olive oil too thick to spread and it end up stretching tearing my skin. grape seeds oil is actually very drying in the long run. Almond oils sting my eyes also. I really believe in using natural cold pressed, unprocessed, organic, pure stuff but they haven't been working for me, especially in the facial cleaning department. I also break out from extra virgin, cold pressed, organic oil. Same goes with the coconut. Jojoba makes me break out too. Then I realize that most nuts and seeds are high in allergen. Most will clog the pores even if they are all pure and natural. I end up going back to the cheapest and most effective item to clean my eyes, baby oil. It can be any baby oil, not just johnson's. I usually get the unscented ones. The generic target or walmart brands are usually only half price compared to johnson's and they work just the same. Baby oil is so cheap you can buy a heap for only a few dollars. They last forever and don't get contaminated too easily. My eyes stay soft moist without any issue with break out, clogged pores , eye infection like I get from the natural oils.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by AndreaJunelle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After doing some research on the SkinBoard I decided to give this a try as a m/u remover - 1st time I tried, I poured a little on one of my Equate m/u remover towlettes then used on my face - it worked but I wasn't thrilled with it.2nd time I used the giant/jumbo cotton balls. Poured the baby oil onto the cotton ball until it was almost soaked through to the other side then quickly started wiping my face w/it & so far, this has had the best results for me :) I've been rotating between this & my Pond's Cold Cream, but I would much rather use this b/c it's SO much cheaper! (not that cold cream is expensive but this is like,seriously cheap!) I also recently read on the skin board that some ppl have had success using this(mineral oil in general) to help w/clogged pores... I haven't noticed any difference in my own clogged pores yet (I don't have many & they're probably not even noticeable to other ppl but I know where each & every one on my face is & I want em gone! Lol) but I also haven't been using this for more than 2wks now either, so maybe I'll get to update/edit my review w/some great news about less clogged pores! ;D
In the mean time it's great for removing makeup - it certainly removes my Revlon CS & Estee Lauder DW(which are the 2 toughest I've tried!) &Since my skin is SERIOUSLY oily, I DO follow up afterwards with a very small amount of Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser -since the Cetaphil is indeed very gentle, it doesn't strip my natural oils & still leaves my skin glowing.
Will update my review in 1-2months with any more positive or negative effects from this as my m/u remover / cleanser!
*UPDATE 9/8/12*
Baby Oil has become a staple in my skincare routine -an absolute HG product. I use this every evening for makeup and/or sunscreen removal & cleansing. I pour a small amount (quarter size-ish?) into my hand, rub hands together then quickly start rubbing hands onto dry face. Massage for 3-4mins, then tissue off w/an Equate Remover Wipe & follow w/Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. (In the mornings I've been using GrapeSeed Oil) & with this routine (as well as BHA & AHA) -my skin has never looked, felt, or BEEN better!
I had a friend in HighSchool who always had GLOWING skin -face & body.. I asked her one day what the heck she used to always have such awesome skin & she said, "a few drops of baby oil in my bathwater &I also use it to remove my makeup" -At that time, (15-ish years ago!) it sounded *insane* to me & I never tried it..Having oily skin, companies & people tell us to stay as far away from oils as possible, that those of us with oily/acne-prone skin should look for things that are "oil free". &That *may* work fine for some, but for me anything that was labeled "for oily skin" ended up drying me out, therefore making my skin oilier & more broken out :(
I can truely say that oils (mineral & grapeseed at least) have changed my life -I've never been so happy NOT wearing makeup. All of my clogged pores have diminished & I no longer need to wear full coverage foundations on a daily basis(the Revlon ColorStay & ELDW are now only for special occassions!)
I highly reccomend baby oil as a cleanser and/or makeup remover for anyone out there who feels like they've tried everything for oily skin and/or acne. I had nothing else to try & nothing to lose (though even at that I admit it took me a few days of working up the nerve to put actual baby oil on my face Lol ;D) But it has definately balanced out my oil production- I no longer wake up looking like an absolute oil slick every morning. I really couldn't be more pleased even if baby oil were a $100 skincare product, so the fact that I can buy baby oil at ANY drugstore for less than $2 seems almost too good to be true! Yay for baby oil = 5 lippies!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 11:07:00 PM More reviews by TrainHoppingInDixieland

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this product, I use it every time I'm in the shower. I first use it to shave my legs and they are so soft. Also, I use it right after I get out of the shower and apply it as my moisturizer and I have to tell you I have the softest skin, I get compliments on it all the time. If you use it wrong you can definitely wind up greasy. Since I live in a very dry climate I get out of the shower soaking wet, dab my skin with a towel but leave my skin damp and apply a little amount to each part of my body and my skin just soaks up the moisture. Also, I have used it after the shower and combined it with a small amount of bronzer and applied it to my legs for a sexy attention grabbing look.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2012 2:04:00 PM More reviews by perfectionobsession

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I will continue to say bad things about products that broke me out and this is one of them.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2012 9:08:00 AM More reviews by erika123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

greatest makeup remover ever - love love love my evening routine and slathering it all over my face and then washing with my beloved dove soap...heavenly!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by sarahann1994

I use baby oil every single day! It takes off my eye makeup like a breeze and leaves behind soft skin around my eyes. I also use baby oil to clean up hair dye around my bathroom sink when it drips. It comes up perfectly and leaves nothing behind. I have never used this after a shower or bath because I hate the greasy feel of oil as soon as I am clean. I love the smell also! Brings back some memories!