November 23, 2014 | 2077 users online

Lip Gloss - DuWop - Lip Venom

rated 2 of 5 on 11/8/2011 1:43:00 AM More reviews by nataliearielle

Addicted to the smell, loved the shine... But it did NOT plump my lips noticeably - if at all! Also, the stickiness is ridiculous! It is completely unwearable! My hair kept getting glued to my lips every time I turned my head :(

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2011 3:37:00 PM More reviews by bruisepristine

I really, REALLY wanted this to work. I love the smell/taste, and my lips get hella line-y...

Sadly I barely noticed any difference. Returned it. :(

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Jancee

Don't bother unless you want to reapply constantly!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/19/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by heathermjones

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I purchased DuWop's mini Lip Venom for $16. I was super disappointed as not only does it not plump the lips (I mean, less than five minutes doesn’t really count in my book – what good is that going to do anyone?), but it doesn’t leave your lips “glossy” either. I mean, it should be called lip gloss for a reason. I hate to be a big-fat-complainy-pants, but the best thing about this product is the name.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

Firstly this is a deceptive product, what you see as the package is not what you get, its just a big cardboard tube holding a tiny wee little lipgloss. Secondly the product itself is just an over hyped clear lipgloss, as it didn't do anything for my lips that a clear lip gloss couldn't do. The only thing that separates this product from a clear lipgloss is that yes you do get a tingling sensation to your lips for a little while but thats it, my lips weren't any bigger or smoother and just like a normal clear lipgloss it wears off after about fifteen minutes. So really I just wasted money to get a 'tingly' sensation to my lips, had I known I wouldn't have purchased.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/28/2011 2:46:00 AM More reviews by kolbaska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a big waste of money and hopes for me, as it costs $25 in Australia and does not increase the size of my lips at all! it just stings and burns, and together with the smell it makes me feel a little sick. a have medium size lips to start with, and all it does is makes them more red and has a clear glossy shine to it like any clear lip gloss. plus burns. also the packaging looks much better in poctures than in real life, the tube is tiny and plastic, the walls of it are thin and im sure if someone steps on it it would get squashed straight away.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2011 11:29:00 PM More reviews by kittipoetree

This is probably the worst lip product out there - I honestly do not understand the hype. The plumping effect which is the main selling point only lasts for a few minutes. The gloss itself does leave a nice shine and has a strong cinnamon scent. But, it does not have much staying power. You can expect dry lips in about an hour.
You get a very small quantity of gloss - it is comparable to sample vials of perfume. Worst of all, the oily consistency of the gloss will often leak out of its tube.

WARNING: Do NOT use this product if your lips are even a little chapped. It will burn horribly and look chunky!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/21/2011 8:33:00 AM More reviews by anonyym

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't like this lip gloss! It dosen't work for me, it don't get my lips bigger, and I will not buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2011 5:34:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

This is really not much more then a cinnamon-scented/tasting stinging gloss - I don't notice much longevity to lip plumping, just redness and increased color to my lips.

However, I do like it, for the bee-stung shiny effect. Although it doesn't last very long.

$15-17 is a lot for such a small tube, but it seems to last me a long, LONG time.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/14/2011 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Jdazzler15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

I originally received this product when I was in my young teens. It was a super hyped product among my friends, because of the tingle effect. I had my parents buy it for me for Christmas. I used it a few times, but that was it. I recently dug it up & used it. Wasn't to thrilled. I feel like most adults wouldn't use this product on a normal basis. It is a cool product, but I wouldn't purchase again. It is also pretty expensive for its size.