July 26, 2014 | 1915 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2013 12:08:00 AM More reviews by JennyWalsh1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a HUGE proponent in vitamin use. I take a multi every day, vitamin c, vitamin b complex, COQ10, fish oil, and biotin.

I think biotin gives your skin that extra healthy shine that we are all looking for. I feel like it has even improved my blemished slightly as well. Try it out and see if it works for you. I have a few girlfriends that swear it doesn't work for them but to each her own, I believe it is healthy and promotes healthy skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2013 6:25:00 PM More reviews by nadeen4ever

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

After 2 months of using biotin NOTHING HAS CHANGED IN MY DIET AND MY SKINCARE ROUTINE BUT STARTING USING BIOTIN AND my face broke out badly , i put on extra weight extra 5 kg to be specific ...NEVER AGAIN

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by Rach3llynn3

I've been reading reviews on here, and everyone is saying it's breaking them out. I looked stuff up before I bought it and it said its a water based pill, which means that it uses water to break down. If you don't get enough water it will break you out. I even tried it out, it's true! But yes I feel like it's working I take about 3-5000 mcg a night with about 36-48 oz of water a day. I've only been using it for about 3 weeks, nothing crazy that I can see on my head my but leg hair grows crazy fast! ( sorry TMI )

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2013 10:32:00 PM More reviews by taylor123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I started using biotin for my hair and nails. I had been getting acrylic nails put on for a couple months straight it started to do a number on my natural nails. decided to go salon free and grow them myself. the biotin DEFINITELY made a great change in my nails. They were stronger, longer and looked as good as the pink and whites that i had been getting for months.
It also made my hair grow faster and longer. HOWEVER I had a ridiculous brain fart and realized that it was making all the other hair on my body grow twice as fast as well. Never been through so much shaving cream in my life! My leg hair was growing like crazy, I was shaving like 3 times a week and it started to dry out my skin, my armpit hair as well (sorry if thats TMI) and I was having to pluck my eyebrows constantly as well. Keep in mind that it's not just gonna make your hair on your head grow. If you hate shaving your legs all the time, you might want to look into other options.
I also think that after a while of using it it started to break me out a little bit. Nothing crazy, nothing that couldn't be cleared up in a few days to a week but it was irritating.
I would use biotin again for sure but I can't use it long term. I envy people that can take it every day because I just can't. But all in all, it does what it's supposed to do and that's what matters.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I used biotin for a year. A year before realizing it could be breaking me out. Not that I have the most easy to deal with skin, but I stopped taking this after hearing it could be a problem, and then my skin got better. Or at least I should say it makes small issues bigger, more inflamed. I tried again later, thinking maybe it was something else, but I broke out yet again. I have since stopped. Yea, it helped my hair loss, and it feels pretty thick and nice (the new hair, it can't 'fix' what's already grown) but it's not worth it. So that's a no from me. Not to mention it takes a while to see any effect, and even then, remember it's just the new growth, so don't expect a miracle even if you don't break out. My electrolysis tech also said it makes hair grow everywhere, which isn't really fun.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2013 8:12:00 PM More reviews by chinadoll13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I've been reading some reviews about people breaking out with this but for me it was the opposite. My oily acne prone skin cleared up so nicely that my skin looks airbrushed. I bought these for my hair when I thought I had noticed was getting thinner...it wasn't but I bought them took em and wow!!! My hair and nails grow pretty fast on their own but my skin I just couldn't believe I love it!!! It just works different for everyone. I have noticed some improvement on my hair and skin so I'm definitely going to buy again and recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2013 1:08:00 AM More reviews by sdyaya619

This really worked for my hair & nails. Helped my dyed dull hair get thicker and my nails got stronger. BUT, (Here comes the bad side) IT BROKE ME OUT HORRIBLY. I have always had acne prone and oily skin but after months of working to get it clear, this made it worse in a matter of a few weeks. I could not figure out what was making me break out since i had not changed my make-up, working out or eating habits. One day it clicked in my head that Biotion may be the reason why. Did a lil research and realized a lot of people had this reaction. I stopped using it, and now a week later my face is a lot clearer. So just gotta say it works good for some people, but if you or acne prone then beware.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I began taking this about a year ago and have noticed significant improvement in my hair and nails. My hair is growing alot faster and is in better shape. I color my hair every 4 weeks and always experienced dullness. My nails were becoming very brittle and would not grow much. Now I have to cut them they get too long too fast (not a bad problem!). My nails are much thicker and don't break. I have had numerous people comment on them thinking they were fake or gel lol. I totally recommend taking biotin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by AshO57

The only good thing about this product is that it's cheap. I wish I had looked harder at the side effects, other than just supposedly good for hair, skin and nails. I started this 3 weeks ago to grow out my damaged hair quicker after ruining it from going my natural dark brunette to blonde. I saw no difference in hair growth. Nail growth maybe a little, I can't comment on strength of nails because I have acrylics. But the worst side effect was ACNE. Oh I was horrified when I finally realized what had been making me break out so bad ever since I started it. I don't have acne problems, maybe one zit around my period and that's it. But this was full blown cystic acne. I hadn't even been going out in public unless absolutely necessary. There's all kinds of theories about why that is and how to prevent it, like it takes awhile for your body to get used to. Or you start with a low dose and work your way up. Or you have to drink a lot of water and take a B complex vitamin to counteract it. I don't really care what the reason is, I can't deal with the zits and oily face it gives. I quit taking it immediately upon reading reviews, chugged water to flush it out, and 3 days later it's almost all cleared. Biotin was no doubt the problem. Take it at your own risk!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I'm taking a hair/skin/nail vitamin (Nature's Bounty) along with extra biotin. My hairdresser says you can go up to 10,000 and everything I read says that it won't hurt, you pee out the excess. It's only been a month and my nails are much stronger, though still thin. I am shedding much less hair in the shower and when brushing! I swear when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks better, less dark circles and lines, but I could be crazy. Definitely going to keep taking this and will update again...