4.9

magnesium sulfate

on 4/9/2013 10:55:00 PM

Epsom salt has so many uses. It has so many healing affects. I am rating this so high because it helped me with my sick dog. My dog had something like a UTI and kidney stones but for a dog. We had to bathe her in Epsom salt to soothe the pain. I feel like it really helped her in the state she was in. When using Epsom salt, it can be used for a lot of things than what it is initially intended for.

on 4/7/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I haven't been big on taking baths as I've gotten older, mainly just showers. But I've heard they can be good for your state of mind and helping you sleep. I got this for my mom since she's been working out a lot lately and needed something to help with the aches and pains. Then I started using it just out of curiosity. I didn't think taking a bath could be so relaxing. I'll use this even when I'm not in pain. I like experimenting with this and certain essence oils.
I'll put 2 1/2 cups of this with 10 drops of lavender oil in a steaming hot bath. I'm half asleep by the time I get out the tub and it relaxes my mind so much I'm knocked out for the whole night. Barely remember what I did the day before.

on 4/6/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I kept seeing Epsom Salt concoctions on Pinterest for a detox bath and thought I'd give them a try. Purchased a 1kg bag off the internet & it cost me around 6. Dissolve two handfuls in a hot bath and slide right in and relax! It really couldn't be simpler!

Great for tired, stiff, achey or overworked muscles. I also use them in a footbath and as a day-after-hardcore-workout bath for that extra pain relief when my muscles are rebuilding. Also, helps me when I feel restless and softens skin like nobodies business!

NOTE: Since it draws out toxins, it's recommended to drink a glass or two or water afterwards. Really helps me to feel refreshed and I have less trouble sleeping too!

on 4/5/2013 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this stuff. I have problems sleeping and it really relaxes me and helps me sleep through the night without waking up a million times.

I started a routine this week of taking my nightly shower, then soaking in the tub with really, really warm water and lavender epsom salt. I have slept sooo good this week, with the exception of last night because I didn't do it. I definitely recommend it for relaxing and de-stressing after a long day.

on 3/30/2013 6:42:00 PM

What can I say that others haven't said already? I have not taken an epsom salt bath yet.... however, I like dipping my feet in a bucket of warm water with a little bit of epsom salt and it really helps me relax. I have flat feet and I wear heels and walk around all day at work so I need something to help with my foot aches at the end of the day. I purchase the lavender scented one just because the scent is very relaxing. great stuff.

on 3/5/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What can I say that han't already been said? It's dirt cheap, readily available & makes for a great, muscle-soothig bath. I know it has many other uses but for me it's just used in the bath when needed for soreness.

on 2/19/2013 12:20:00 PM

Excellent for tired muscles and joints.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great product. I add about 4 oz to my bath water and soak in it after a long day and it totally relaxes me, and softens my dry winter skin. I'm using the lavendar scented one.

on 2/11/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I always make sure to keep epsom salts in stock at home. It makes a soothing bath when my muscles are sore and stiff and came in handy when my dh sprained his big toe while running. I like that I can easily add my favorite essential oils to it (I like lavender, Eucalyptus, and rosemary). My skin comes out soft, feels smoother, and all the tension spots are easier to massage out. I agree that epsom salts can make mental improvements as well. After a stressful day, a hot bath with this makes me calm and relaxed like I just entered a spa. The best thing is that a big bag is less than five bucks in most places. Dr. Teals makes great scented ones. I also sometimes add bath oils from Kneipp.

on 1/31/2013 2:39:00 AM

I use Epsom salt to keep my curls looking great. I mix it with water and Assuie's leave in conditioner. It does dry my hair out a little but it is worth it:)

Popular Bath Treatments