November 23, 2014 | 980 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salt Bath

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I always make sure to keep epsom salts in stock at home. It makes a soothing bath when my muscles are sore and stiff and came in handy when my dh sprained his big toe while running. I like that I can easily add my favorite essential oils to it (I like lavender, Eucalyptus, and rosemary). My skin comes out soft, feels smoother, and all the tension spots are easier to massage out. I agree that epsom salts can make mental improvements as well. After a stressful day, a hot bath with this makes me calm and relaxed like I just entered a spa. The best thing is that a big bag is less than five bucks in most places. Dr. Teals makes great scented ones. I also sometimes add bath oils from Kneipp.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:39:00 AM More reviews by aniko01

I use Epsom salt to keep my curls looking great. I mix it with water and Assuie's leave in conditioner. It does dry my hair out a little but it is worth it:)

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:11:00 PM More reviews by Morgan40ish

A must have if you work in a job where you are on your feet everyday. I purchase my by bulk and have placed a measuring cup placed in the container.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by jen1103

Ahhhh... this stuff is pure magic! I don't know how it works, but it truly relaxes my body and makes me feel great. Nothing artificial, just awesomeness for a dirtcheap price. Try it if you need to relax or are overdue for a massage - there's not much to lose!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

There are many uses for Epsom Salts- internal and external. Loads of info in books and online.
I use Epsom salt with sea salt on my acne prone skin and it does wonders!!

This review is about how I use Epsom Salt internal and is based on my personal experience!
It may not work for you. If you have big health problems (kidney or heart problems) don't use it! Hypermagnesemia is dangerous (as I learned on my own skin)!
Do your research before trying it internal.

Too much info review!
This salt is a miracle for my stomach problems.
I had a stomach virus for years and I had lots of stomach problems.
After cures of antibiotics that messed up my intestinal flora, painful biopsy, laxatives (not recommened...again learned on my own skin) and lots of embarassing moments--I am glad I found my cure.
I bought it because someone told me it helps with the digestion and bloating. Exactly what I needed it for.

In the first place, I took it with water.
Let me tell you something honest...it has a horrible, horrible taste! So I did some concoctions and for me it works good (taste wise) with fresh made kiwi juice or forest fruits smoothie.
I find that Orange juice or Grapefruit juice makes the salt even ''more'' disgusting!
Then, I quickly drink a glass of luke warm water to wash the ''after taste''.

After drinking it:
-you feel full/bloated
- vomit feeling
- you may pass gas
- it makes its efect fast so you have to stay inside, close to the bathroom, the whole day!

In my case, I am OK with all of the above because of my stomach issues.

It helps with
- your digestion
- makes you feel lighter by pushing out the air
- it makes your stomach flatter because you get rid of what you have in your stomach
- you have more energy.

Every time I have stomach blockage, I take Epsom salt and it helps me a lot. I feel so much better after that.
Usually, I am doing it once a week for a cleansing.

CAUTION:
- really do your research on Epsom salt
- drink a lot of water to prevent dehydration!!
- don't over use it!- don't use it every day in case you are thinking this will help you lose weight and one spoon in 200ml of liquid is enough
-listen to your body!- if you over use it, your body may suffer! Once I drank it 2 days in a row and then I had a terrible headache for 3 days,I felt like I was going to faint, I was dizzy and I had heart palpitations!
-take your vitamins and minerals!

19 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2013 5:49:00 AM More reviews by Rapunzell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Epsom salt is magnesium, which is why so many glowing reviews here. Science has proven then when added to a bath the magnesium is absorbed into the blood stream. Magnesium is amazing for the heart, muscles, mood, stress, tension, palpitations, constipation . . . . The US Government reports that over 70% of the population is deficient in magnesium. Too much calcium leaches magnesium from the body. I've used epsom salt in my bath for years. I used to have anxiety, heart palpitations and migraines, all cured from taking these baths along with a magnesium glycinate supplement. Magnesium - the miracle mineral!

30 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/25/2012 10:26:00 AM More reviews by vuvie

My eczema stopped itching & weeping.

Nuff said!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Epsom salts are hands down the BEST natural product discovery I made in 2012. My review echoes all the other glowing reports everyone else has given. The silky texture of the water and my skin after a good 30-40 min soak is the most miraculous alongside the salt's ability to reduce my post work out aches by a good 70%. The science behind it is amazing
Prior to discovering these salts I was strictly a 'shower only' lady but this stuff has fast become a beauty staple and I aim to have bath soaks approx twice weekly. I purchase in bulk off ebay. Apparently BP/FCC grade is best. Everyone should use this irrespective of health, age & gender. The benefits are great including the enhancement of inner well-being.

update 2014: I discontinued using of this ages ago as soon as I discovered Pink Himalayan salt which is FAR more luxurious and beneficial for the body than this. Google it

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy my drugstore's brand (Life brand from Pharmaprix/ Shoppers DM) of Epsom salts. They come in amazing scents. The Lavender is to die for, it feels so nice in the bath, it has a lovely scent that just stays with you. After my bath I wrap myself up in my throw blanket on my couch, and the blanket will keep the lavender scent for DAYS, its so beautiful. So relaxing. I also have eczema and really dry skin on my feet. But since I've been using this regularily my feet have been softer than they have in YEARS. Can't live without it. And a bag lasts FOREVER! And the lavendar is a nice shade of lilac, actually looks ok sitting in my bathroom!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by ubar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This little gem is my HG! I have mild eczema and KP and this is the ONLY thing that really keeps them at bay. Every now and again I fall out of my regular Epsom bath routine and then my skin goes downhill, reminding me why I should keep using the salts. ;-)

I use 1-2 cups (about 250g-500g) per bath and soak for at least 20 mins. I do this 3-4 times a week and only do sponge baths the other days. If I shower or bathe in water that doesn't contain the salt my skin is horribly itchy again until my next bath. I also find this helps me sleep and I feel wonderfully relaxed after an Epsom salt bath. I often add essential oils for scent, because I don't use bubble bath or bath oils (worried they will only aggravate my skin).

Because I use it so regularly, I buy it in 25kg boxes because it works out SO much cheaper than buying it in small boxes from my local pharmacy. Run a search and you'll find sellers, I usually pay about 25 including postage. If you are buying in bulk it's best to look for "BP grade" or (in the US) "USP grade". This means pharmaceutical grade, which is safe for consumption - remember you are absorbing this through your skin! I do recommend trying to buy in bulk if you are going to use Epsom salts on a regular basis, otherwise it can become rather expensive - I think a 500g box can cost about 2 as opposed to 50p for a kilo when buying bulk!

A true wonder product, I wouldn't be without it. I hope it helps your skin as much as it's helped mine.

***Gave this 3 stars for packaging even though the packaging is usually just a plastic bag, but you're not buying the product so it will look nice on the bathroom shelf, are you? ;-) ***

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No