4.9

magnesium sulfate

on 6/11/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I admit, my grandparents used Epsom Salts and I thought (only in my head-no other reason)! that this smelled like moth balls!
I was so achy after doing some yard work I decided to try it. I heard Suzanne Somers rave about it, so I caved.
THIS STUFF IS AWESOME!
No scent, dissolves well in hot bath water. After 20 minutes my aches and pains were gone! It's my go to, now. I've found it works best using 1 cup or more in a hot bath for 20+ minutes right after I start feeling quite sore. I find it works best for me the same day I'm sore not, a day or so later.
Price varies so much by brand and store. I try to get the cheapest I can find. I've not found brand/price to make a bit of difference.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was having a sharp pain in my lower back. I tried to crack my back to release pressure and nothing was working. I then decided to take a bath and used about a cup and a half of Dr. Teal's lavender Epsom salt. The pain is completely gone and my back feels one hundred times better. It also calms me down and puts me in a relaxed mood! Love this product

on 6/7/2013 11:20:00 AM

Great for after a tough workout, I use this product mainly when I have any special aches and pains.

on 6/3/2013 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

I love using epson salt for baths for sore muscles and cramps for that time of the month. I normally dont add alot of items to my bath.

on 5/25/2013 5:48:00 AM

epsom salt are like gems, seriously. I have used them all my life (as my mom was big on them as i was growing up). They have become more popular, it seems, over the years... and can be used for SO many things. Most recently, I had a friend who was using drugs and after hitting rock bottom- she decided to quit cold turkey (which i DO NOT recommend), but she didnt have health insurance and was unable to get the help she should have had. Me, being the motherly and nurturing one of my friends, took her into my home as she went through the hell of detox (and withdrawls from methanphetemines). I wont go into the laundry list of everything I did... but epsom salts played a HUGE role in the my care of her. She lived in the bathtub (and showers) and everytime she was in that bathtub, I had my epsom salts in there. Now NORMALLY, you would use 2 cups in your bathwater but because she was in there for hours at a time, I only used 1 cup. These salts eased her stress and relaxed her enough to where she wasnt shaking and throwing up every few minutes. She was able to close her eyes as the salts helped relieve every sore muscle in her body, they helped with the cramps in her legs, her tummy, hips (in addition to the tylenol, of course). I added a bit of lavender to the water, and this also helped when the scalding water turned to steam and she was able to take deep breathes and relax. Epsom salts help your muscles and nerves function properly... and the sulfates in the salt help flush out all the toxins in your body (and the good lord knows she had enough toxins in her body to last a lifetime). Now I know that this wont apply to everybody, but if you play sports or are very active and have sore muscles and joints- this is for you. If you are sick and have the flu, or a common cold, and those who get bad cramps when its that time of the month- this is absolutely for you. Epsom salts are safe and effective for young and old, pregnant and breastfeeding mothers, AND those who suffer from diabetes or are borderline diabetic- epsom salts help the body naturally produce insulin to keep blood sugar levels in check. And this is JUST the health benefits... I havent even gotten to my 'tell all' beauty secrets with these bad boys! Let me tell you... I will use (on occasion) approcot scrubs, or sugar scrubs... but NOTHING beats epsom salts when it comes to exfoliating dead skin, and removing blackheads. You can take a handful of salts, and add a small amount of olive oil (or my new favorite, coconut oil) and rub it all over your face to exfoliate. If your worried about the oil or have super oily skin- add it to your everyday face wash. It works WONDERS. Coming up on summer, I exfoliate before i spray tan... same concept. It works so well, and its SO cheap- which is the best part! I could go on and on, instead I will just give it 5 stars and recommend it to all you ladies out there, to have on hand! I have seen for myself what a gem this is... <3

on 5/8/2013 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I'm a dancer and a soccer player so my body definitely takes a beating! I wouldn't be able to keep up without my epsom salt baths! I make the water as hot as I can stand, add some epsom salts, and soak and stretch for 20-30 minutes. It definitely helps reduce muscle soreness and strains, and I sleep like a baby afterwards. Amazing stuff!

on 4/22/2013 1:30:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Epsom salt baths are so amazingly good for you!!! Not only for relaxing sore muscles but for increasing magnesium levels in your body. A mineral we are all deficient in to a degree since it depletes so quickly. Highly recommend using Epsom salts in your beauty bath!

on 4/9/2013 10:55:00 PM

Epsom salt has so many uses. It has so many healing affects. I am rating this so high because it helped me with my sick dog. My dog had something like a UTI and kidney stones but for a dog. We had to bathe her in Epsom salt to soothe the pain. I feel like it really helped her in the state she was in. When using Epsom salt, it can be used for a lot of things than what it is initially intended for.

on 4/7/2013 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I haven't been big on taking baths as I've gotten older, mainly just showers. But I've heard they can be good for your state of mind and helping you sleep. I got this for my mom since she's been working out a lot lately and needed something to help with the aches and pains. Then I started using it just out of curiosity. I didn't think taking a bath could be so relaxing. I'll use this even when I'm not in pain. I like experimenting with this and certain essence oils.
I'll put 2 1/2 cups of this with 10 drops of lavender oil in a steaming hot bath. I'm half asleep by the time I get out the tub and it relaxes my mind so much I'm knocked out for the whole night. Barely remember what I did the day before.

on 4/6/2013 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I kept seeing Epsom Salt concoctions on Pinterest for a detox bath and thought I'd give them a try. Purchased a 1kg bag off the internet & it cost me around 6. Dissolve two handfuls in a hot bath and slide right in and relax! It really couldn't be simpler!

Great for tired, stiff, achey or overworked muscles. I also use them in a footbath and as a day-after-hardcore-workout bath for that extra pain relief when my muscles are rebuilding. Also, helps me when I feel restless and softens skin like nobodies business!

NOTE: Since it draws out toxins, it's recommended to drink a glass or two or water afterwards. Really helps me to feel refreshed and I have less trouble sleeping too!

Popular Bath Treatments