April 20, 2014 | 995 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by starspex

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Epsom salts are hands down the BEST natural product discovery I made in 2012. My review echoes all the other glowing reports everyone else has given. The silky texture of the water and my skin after a good 30-40 min soak is the most miraculous alongside the salt's ability to reduce my post work out aches by a good 70%. The science behind it is amazing
Prior to discovering these salts I was strictly a 'shower only' lady but this stuff has fast become a beauty staple and I aim to have bath soaks approx twice weekly. I purchase in bulk off ebay. Apparently BP/FCC grade is best. Everyone should use this irrespective of health, age & gender. The benefits are great including the enhancement of inner well-being.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I buy my drugstore's brand (Life brand from Pharmaprix/ Shoppers DM) of Epsom salts. They come in amazing scents. The Lavender is to die for, it feels so nice in the bath, it has a lovely scent that just stays with you. After my bath I wrap myself up in my throw blanket on my couch, and the blanket will keep the lavender scent for DAYS, its so beautiful. So relaxing. I also have eczema and really dry skin on my feet. But since I've been using this regularily my feet have been softer than they have in YEARS. Can't live without it. And a bag lasts FOREVER! And the lavendar is a nice shade of lilac, actually looks ok sitting in my bathroom!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2012 6:45:00 AM More reviews by ubar

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This little gem is my HG! I have mild eczema and KP and this is the ONLY thing that really keeps them at bay. Every now and again I fall out of my regular Epsom bath routine and then my skin goes downhill, reminding me why I should keep using the salts. ;-)

I use 1-2 cups (about 250g-500g) per bath and soak for at least 20 mins. I do this 3-4 times a week and only do sponge baths the other days. If I shower or bathe in water that doesn't contain the salt my skin is horribly itchy again until my next bath. I also find this helps me sleep and I feel wonderfully relaxed after an Epsom salt bath. I often add essential oils for scent, because I don't use bubble bath or bath oils (worried they will only aggravate my skin).

Because I use it so regularly, I buy it in 25kg boxes because it works out SO much cheaper than buying it in small boxes from my local pharmacy. Run a search and you'll find sellers, I usually pay about 25 including postage. If you are buying in bulk it's best to look for "BP grade" or (in the US) "USP grade". This means pharmaceutical grade, which is safe for consumption - remember you are absorbing this through your skin! I do recommend trying to buy in bulk if you are going to use Epsom salts on a regular basis, otherwise it can become rather expensive - I think a 500g box can cost about 2 as opposed to 50p for a kilo when buying bulk!

A true wonder product, I wouldn't be without it. I hope it helps your skin as much as it's helped mine.

***Gave this 3 stars for packaging even though the packaging is usually just a plastic bag, but you're not buying the product so it will look nice on the bathroom shelf, are you? ;-) ***

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 4:32:00 AM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I used to have really bad foot pain when I was working a sales job and I was on my feet all day. I like to work out as well and by the time I got off of work my feet were MISERABLY SOAR. I would sometimes treat myself to an epson salt foot spa at my house while watching TV relaxing after a long day.

Epson salt mixed with warm water does wonders on relaxation and helps loosen up soar feet. Love the epson salt treatment and its so cheap too!

5 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Katedutch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I originally purchased Epsom Salts at CVS upon the recommendation of my doctor after I got a toenail infection from a professional pedicure (I know - ew), I was prescribed an antibiotic and told to do soaks with the Epsom Salts to draw out the infection, and it cleared up within a couple of days. I then had a milk-carton shaped jug of Epsom Salts taking up space in my bathroom closet with absolutely no idea what else I could use it for. Of course, these are the times the internet comes in quite handy.
I began taking baths with Epsom Salts after running to relax my muscles, it speeds up my recovery time unbelievably and is amazingly relaxing. Then, after someone on here told me to stop using sugar scrubs on my face as they are far too abrasive, I wondered if Epsom Salts could be a cheap and effective fill-in. Sure enough, it is. I mix some Epsom Salts with a little Grapeseed oil (my favorite) and VERY gently scrub my face or body. The first time, since it didn't feel rough, I went to town scrubbing my face with the Epsom Salts and just water and my face was bright red for about an hour. Now I mix it with a little oil to soften it a bit and do it very gently for a short amount of time, my skin looks phenomenal afterward.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Jamieflan1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE Epsom salt baths after a long day. There is nothing more relaxing. For years I have had chronic tendinitis is my Achilles tendon in my foot and soaking in Epsom salt has proven to be a huge relief at the end of the day. Sometimes I even just take warm water in a bucket and throw in some Epsom salt to let my feet relax and it sooths the pain and loosens up the tendon

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by blueclaire

Epsom salts have saved my irritated skin and achy body SO many times

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2012 11:57:00 AM More reviews by misslu990

Cheap & effective. I usually buy any generic brand whether its Walgreens or cvs and I just get the regular Epsom salts with no lavender oil or any of those other scents. I usually use this in my bath after a long stressful day or if my muscles are sore from a work out. This literally helps soothe your muscles and detox your body. Drink a glass of water after to help even more with the detoxification. I used this a couple times on my face and it made my sensitive skin break out and form rashes so I don't suggest using it on your face is your skin is sensitive. But I totally 100% recommend this for baths. I haven't tried this for soil to help flowers and plants like it says usually on the back of the bag, but its worth a try if you've got a green thumb:)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by teleah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

i just had my first epson salt bath. i soaked for 20 min in a warm not hot bath and have to say not bad. it did not help with my sore leg muscles after a 6km run but my skin is smooth and i have a sense of calm. i have blisters on my hard cracked feet from new runnners but now they are a little softer and the blisters are way softer. i really love how my body feels softer and more relaxed. this is going to be a regular weekend bath time ritual for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2012 2:42:00 AM More reviews by rhiannonheather

I've been using these in baths after workouts for soreness and bruises since I was in middle school.
It's also a great body exfoliant when I mix it with oil or lotion.
And taking a bath with epsom salts makes me happy. I guess that's the mood-boosting effect that everyone keeps talking about.
That's all.