4.9

magnesium sulfate

on 4/5/2013 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I love this stuff. I have problems sleeping and it really relaxes me and helps me sleep through the night without waking up a million times.

I started a routine this week of taking my nightly shower, then soaking in the tub with really, really warm water and lavender epsom salt. I have slept sooo good this week, with the exception of last night because I didn't do it. I definitely recommend it for relaxing and de-stressing after a long day.

on 3/30/2013 6:42:00 PM

What can I say that others haven't said already? I have not taken an epsom salt bath yet.... however, I like dipping my feet in a bucket of warm water with a little bit of epsom salt and it really helps me relax. I have flat feet and I wear heels and walk around all day at work so I need something to help with my foot aches at the end of the day. I purchase the lavender scented one just because the scent is very relaxing. great stuff.

on 3/5/2013 8:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

What can I say that han't already been said? It's dirt cheap, readily available & makes for a great, muscle-soothig bath. I know it has many other uses but for me it's just used in the bath when needed for soreness.

on 2/19/2013 12:20:00 PM

Excellent for tired muscles and joints.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Great product. I add about 4 oz to my bath water and soak in it after a long day and it totally relaxes me, and softens my dry winter skin. I'm using the lavendar scented one.

on 2/11/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I always make sure to keep epsom salts in stock at home. It makes a soothing bath when my muscles are sore and stiff and came in handy when my dh sprained his big toe while running. I like that I can easily add my favorite essential oils to it (I like lavender, Eucalyptus, and rosemary). My skin comes out soft, feels smoother, and all the tension spots are easier to massage out. I agree that epsom salts can make mental improvements as well. After a stressful day, a hot bath with this makes me calm and relaxed like I just entered a spa. The best thing is that a big bag is less than five bucks in most places. Dr. Teals makes great scented ones. I also sometimes add bath oils from Kneipp.

on 1/31/2013 2:39:00 AM

I use Epsom salt to keep my curls looking great. I mix it with water and Assuie's leave in conditioner. It does dry my hair out a little but it is worth it:)

on 1/13/2013 2:11:00 PM

A must have if you work in a job where you are on your feet everyday. I purchase my by bulk and have placed a measuring cup placed in the container.

on 1/11/2013 10:27:00 AM

Ahhhh... this stuff is pure magic! I don't know how it works, but it truly relaxes my body and makes me feel great. Nothing artificial, just awesomeness for a dirtcheap price. Try it if you need to relax or are overdue for a massage - there's not much to lose!

on 1/4/2013 4:13:00 AM

There are many uses for Epsom Salts- internal and external. Loads of info in books and online.
I use Epsom salt with sea salt on my acne prone skin and it does wonders!!

This review is about how I use Epsom Salt in another way than on the skin or as a bath and is based on my personal experience!
It may not work for you. If you have health problems (kidney or heart problems) don't use it! Hypermagnesemia is dangerous!
Do your research before drinking it.

This salt is a miracle for my stomach problems.
I had a stomach virus for years and I had lots of stomach problems.
After cures of antibiotics that messed up my intestinal flora, painful biopsy, laxatives (not recommened) and lots of embarassing moments--I am glad I found my cure.

In the first place, I took it with water.
Let me tell you something honest...it has a horrible, horrible taste! So I did some concoctions and for me it works good (taste wise) with fresh made kiwi juice or forest fruits smoothie.
I find that Orange juice or Grapefruit juice makes the salt even ''more'' disgusting!
Then, I quickly drink a glass of luke warm water to wash the ''after taste''.

After drinking it:
-you feel full/bloated
- vomit feeling
- you may pass gas
- it makes its efect fast so you have to stay inside, close to the bathroom, the whole day!

It helps with:
- your digestion
- makes you feel lighter by pushing out the air
- it makes your stomach flatter because you get rid of what you have in your stomach
- you have more energy.

Every time I have stomach blockage, I take Epsom salt and it helps me a lot. I feel so much better after that and so much lighter.

CAUTION:
- really do your research on Epsom salt
- drink a lot of water to prevent dehydration!!
- don't over use it!- don't use it every day in case you are thinking this will help you lose weight and one spoon in 200ml of liquid is enough
-listen to your body!- if you over use it, your body may suffer! Once I drank it 2 days in a row and then I had a terrible headache for 3 days,I felt like I was going to faint, I was dizzy and I had heart palpitations!
-take your vitamins and minerals!

Popular Bath Treatments