July 29, 2014 | 2098 users online

Eyeliner - Wet 'n' Wild - H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner - Ultra Black

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/30/2008 5:10:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is pretty impressive. It's very black and lasts and lasts and lasts, but the line is not very precise: the color seems to seep a little. Not as good as the gel but it's quite a bargain.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2008 1:52:00 AM More reviews by lanoysk

The amount of liquid that comes out with the felt tip applicator is a bit much for me. I really like how black the color is, but the application is a bit to shiny-looking for me, doesn't dry as fast as I'd like, and it's a bit sticky. When it does eventually dry, it does have an incredible staying power, and I really have to used eye makeup remover to remove the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2008 12:51:00 AM More reviews by tacobeanette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...can it be...my HG eyeliner..from Wet n Wild?! This stuff works amazingly well. I've been using eyeliner since I was 12 and have tried soo many different kinds of brands but this one is the most durable one I've tried. Does not smudge or run in any way and the only reason I took off one lippie is because it is harder to wash off than other eyeliners. I'm not kidding when I say this sticks, which is not such a bad problem to have..just keep wiping it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/11/2008 6:21:00 PM More reviews by livendeadgirl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

when i first put this on it was like "WOW!" because the color was black as night.But after awhile it started to rub off and it left the corners of my eyes red and raw.So i will not rebuy this ever again. Oh BTW I do not have sensitive skin at all not even my eye lids until i tried this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2008 3:14:00 PM More reviews by Dayglodowner

I love this product. I was hesitant to buy it at first, since it's wet n' wild, and it's so cheap, but now it's the only liquid eyeliner I use. Usually I use liquid eyeliner to line my inner lids (at the base of the eyelashes), and when using other brands in the past I was only able to line my upper lash line, because it just wouldn't stick to my bottom one, by the end of the day I'd always end up with gross black gook in the corner of my eye. With the product however, I can perfectly line both inner lash lines, it stays on and nearly perfect all day, and it never leads to any gross black eye gook. Buy this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 8:13:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this liquid liner. It really does last all day. It's a true inky black. Holds up to the more expensive MAC's Liquilast Liners. It is a bit hard to apply at first, I actually like to use the applicator it comes with to make a straight line and use a eye liner brush to paint it closer to my eyes. The only problem is that if you make a mistake it's a PIA to fix. But to me it's well worth it- I hate having my MU fade during the day. This is actually my HG in black liquid liners.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2008 9:34:00 AM More reviews by xcakexfacex

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wanted to see what liquid eyeliner would look like on me and this was only a few dollars. "Water proof, too-what a deal!" I thought. It was all watery and I had to wipe some off of the brush before I applied it (I tried this two different times) so it wasn't all runny. I found it hard to make a straight line, although the brush/wand was easy to hold, yet awkward when you're not using it! It looks so funny! Once it was on, I wasn't sure if I liked it. It dried pretty quick, but about 15 minutes later, I took it off. First I used water. Nothing. I used my makeup remover sheets. Nothing. I used baby oil. I had to SCRUB to get this crap off of me.I had to use so many Q-tips! My eyes were SO sore after trying to wash this off. There are still traces on my eyes, and I woke up this morning with little flakes that are difficult to get off. I am constantly picking them, but it seems like the more that I get off, the more black pieces that come back!

I HATE this stuff! It is so gross. I have yet to be impressed by Wet n' Wild. Their nail polishes always chip in a few hours. Their lip gloss is kind of weird. Their eyeliner won't come off my face. I would not recomend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/1/2008 10:56:00 PM More reviews by prettyanduglytk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OK, I have found my HG water proof liquid eyellner, and yes, holy cow, it is Wet N Wild.

Now a little about me so you know why this is my HG:
-I hate reapply makeup (hate it! my days are hectic so I try to carry as little compacts/makeup with me)
-I like a dramatic line
-I am DDD, NW50, MUFE F&B 46 cognac so I need highly pigmented colors to appear strongly on my face

So stayability and pigmentation are my primary focus. If ease and 'great brush' were my focus, then I would run from this eyeliner in 2 seconds flat. It is difficult to apply as the brush is very mediocre. Just use a different brush or complement the quirky brush that comes with it with an eyeliner brush. If you get it on your hands, your hands will be stained with black marks (see Amy Winehouse's hands in candids). If you mess up, you'll be straining with a Q-Tip and heavy-duty eyemakeup remover.

Before I found this, I used only high end waterproof liquid liners, particularly Mac's liquidlast. Liquidlast does not hold a candle to Wet N Wild's H2O. I do admit that it is a (very) high-maintenance product, so newbies to eyeliner beware. If I am in a hurry I just use L'Oreal's Lineur Intense.

as an FYI - I use Urban Decay's Primer Potion (UPP) as a base, this softens the look from looking too much like a sharpie (it has the tendency to do that if you swipe it on quickly).

If you need a deeply pigmented liquid liner that'll last for 8hours straight without smudging, this is the product for you. The downside is that you'll need: a very heavy eyemakeup remover, patience, a few extra minutes, and a spare eyeliner brush.

UPDATE: I rarely reach for this since I started using Wet N Wild's cream eyeliner in black. I use MAC's fluidline when I can't find the WnW brand - who would've thunk?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jailtimediverted

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this eyeliner has a great formula--it out-wears anything i've tried to date. the color is dark, smooth and opaque. sadly, i am not overly fond of the long, skinny felt-tip applicator (i prefer a thin brush). i find it hard to work with.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2008 1:51:00 PM More reviews by MegamiMoon

Talk about waterproof, this stuff does not come off! It takes a lot of patience to remove, I find that cold cream usually does the job. I love that I can cry in the rain and still have a perfect line. The felt tip sucks though. I threw it away and replaced it with a liquid liner brush tip from an old bottle of Dior liquid liner instead. Perfect!