April 19, 2014 | 1189 users online

Treatments - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by LuckyCharmz

I am now on my 2nd jar of these and I LOVE them!
My skin has never looked better in recent years; it's smotth soft & glowing. My pores have shrunk a bit & my serum/moisturizer& foundation apply like a dream.
I use this every other night & have started cutting them in 1/2 with this second jar...
After 3 .5 months my skin looks fantastic.
I will continue using them; I buy them on E-bay for much cheaper than retail, so it's a great deal for me= 25.00 dollars for a 60 pad jar!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2012 8:41:00 AM More reviews by pillager13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Thanks, MUAers, for all the good reviews of this product! I received a decent-sized container of these as part of a PTR sample kit and they were BY FAR the best product in the kit. The others were very mediocre. I should have saved my money and bought the full-size container of peel pads. Like others, I cut mine in half and that's sufficient for my face. I also just read that others of you use the remainder on your arms, neck and chest, which I will definitely do now. This is my favorite PTR product (I've used almost the whole line now) and I will definitely repurchase although a little goes a long way.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by alessie04

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I read all of the reviews on this product and debated for months on wether to get it. The reviews on it were amazing, but the price tag is kind of high, so I needed to be 100% sure I was going to use it and get my money's worth out of it.
Unfortunately...I see no difference. none. Nada. I sleep with this stuff on my face and experience ZERO anything. No irritation, no stinging...but also, no difference. I don't even use retenoid products or any other kind of peels on my skin. In fact, the most action my skin ever sees is my clarisonic, so I doubt my skin has built up any resistance to this peel. But, it's like these pads are soaked in nothing but water.
I actually went out and bought a physical microdermabrasion kit (Neutragena one, it's ok I like it), and used this after just to get a nice "sting" from it...nope. Still nothing.
I was using these for acne and acne scars (I dont have any pitting, just lots of purple/post marks from acne). I have used these pads every night for 2 months. If you have oily skin with large pores and acne, I would skip this product. I don't think it will be strong enough to do anything. I literally can sleep with this stuff on and not be even a hint of red in the morning.
If you have mature, dry skin that has already taken a beating by other "exfoliating" products, this might be just enough to give you some results.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by susru

Amazing!! Incredible product for harmonal acne. I have had small rash kind of stuff all over my face since from my 20's. When I see my face outside in the mirror I can see these small rash clearly all over my face. I tried different products but no use. But these pads cleared up pretty much everything. I am also using prescription tretinion gel every alternate days and every three days I am using half pad, rub all my face gently and wait for 30 minutes and then wash it. My face is almost cleared now. I bought this from ULTA with 20% off store coupon. I would highly recommend this product to sensitive and non-sensitive people.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by merrysunny77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

So I decided to try these with all the hype and they live up to it! I have super super tolerant skin but it's oily in the tzone and can be prone to large pore. Like alot of folks on MUA I use and have used many different things on my skin - so to notice something right away is cool.

As I have gotten older I have stopped using BHA as it just dries out my skin. But my nose and chin are prone to blackheads and clogging - esp if I use the wrong lotion.

I think the key to this is it delivers just enough BHA to keep my combo areas less oily w/out drying them out. ....plus of course the AHAs to brighten the skin. I have used alot of AHA products in the past - and to me that part is not that different from other products. But the combo of the pad brightening normal skin, cleaning oily skin, and being moisturizing and not irritating in any way is truly unique. I have used for a few days and I can really see a difference! I use half a pad a few times a week and it's plenty...

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by ErCar

I haven't written a review in ages (bad, I know) but this product was worth coming out of hibernation for. Ever since I went off birth control 2 years ago, I've struggled with pretty consistent hormonal breakouts. It got particularly bad about 6 months ago so I bought a big tube of BP and hoped for the best. It did help but my skin was dry, flaky and still not looking great.

I had heard about the PTR Un-Wrinkle pads but for some reason had never tried them. Maybe it was the cost. I got a gift certificate to Sephora for Xmas and decided to use it on these and I am SO glad I did. Like others, I cut the pads in 1/2, because I really don't need more than that (I do my face and alternate between my hands and my neck). I use this once every day. Since I started using this I've had virtually no breakouts, which is pretty amazing. Yes, I get the occasional pimple on my jaw (for instance) but they go away quickly. Any spots I had leftover from past breakouts are also fading. In addition my skin tone is much more even and I have a glow.

I absolutely love these, won't be without them ever again, and highly recommend them.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by tiara98

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i just ordered these for the 3rd time. i get the 90-count jar from QVC, it's a better value than the standard 60-count.

i know how good this product is because when i get lazy and stop using it for a little while, my skin looks way worse: duller, wonky texture, breakouts. after a few days back on the wagon, my skin is transformed back into radiant, smooth, and breakout free!

the peel pads do not irritate or strip my dry skin at all, which has happened in the past when i tried to use retinol products without a moisturizer on top. i don't cut these in half, but one pad is enough to get my face, hands, elbows, and random hyperpigmented scars on my body (it exfoliates those so they lighten more quickly!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2012 11:53:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

If I could afford it I would use PeterThomasRoth exclusively for all my skincare needs. However, I cannot so I must use my knowledge of skincare in general and my knowledge of ingredients so I may pick and choose carefully my splurges. Exfoliation is one of the most important steps within a skincare regine. Especially as we get older, the process of skin renewel slows dramatically. Without the removal of dead outer cells our active products which benefit and nurture the skin do not penetrate properly. Removing dead skin cells rapidly is the purpose of Retin-A, Retinol, AHA's and BHA's. This rapid removal forces new cells to be manufactured quicker and move to the surface quicker as these new cells are what gives skin it's glow, translucence, smoothness and eveness. There is an extra payoff with this artficially induced rapid exfoliation: It tends to increase elastin and collagen production which inturn increases Fibroblast production. These three results are what keeps the skin tightly drapped across the facial bones, adding fimness in the process. These are Pads (60 ct.) which are drenched in a high percentage of Glycolic Acid and Salicylic Acid amoungst skin calming/nurturing ingredients as a base for the more actives. The Pads are textured to take advantage of this exfoliation process. You may rid dead outer skin two ways: Mechanically (scrubs w/beads and or roughened materials) or Chemically (serums, gels, creams, peels) which I prefer as they do the job more evenly and thoroughly. Mechanical can remove dead skin unevenly depending on the pressure you use wherever.you use it. These Pads are the Chemical process. You apply them all over a freshly cleansed and dried face avoiding eye area. It is left on (though you build up to this) for 15 minutes and splashed off w/tepid water, followed by a good moisturizer (no need for an SPF as this process should be done in the evening or before going to bed (when a rich/heavy cream can be used.) Then make sure you use a daily moisturuzer with SPF. It may initially sting which is normal, but you should start off with just a few minutes until you're sure of what is tolerable. I would always use them 1-2 days before you want your skin to have that special glow for a special day/evening. Be very careful if you are already using some sort of Retinol or Glycolic lotion/cream day/night as these may sensitize you to the higher percentage of Glycolic this product may have. This product may be unnecesary if you've no dead skin to remove in the first place although it's all about what your skin can tolerate. This is the best "peel" i've ever used. It works and does exactly what it says it does!

24 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2012 11:24:00 AM More reviews by NeatoBandito

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always come back to these things. I didn't want to like them, because they're expensive, but they do really nice things to my skin. A little background, my skin is very acne-prone and oily. I used a Clarisonic Mia for over a year, but I think that was contributing to my breakouts, and when used in conjunction with the PTR pads, my skin was a mess. I gave up the Clarisonic, let my skin heal, and I've been using the PTR pads once a day (I leave them on for about 2 minutes), after I take all makeup off and before I take a shower. My skin is looking really glowy and smooth and it seems like my acne scars are healing faster. The pads are pretty soaked, but I like to use them on my face, neck and top of hands. One thing I really need to stress (because I made this mistake): Don't use the PTR pads for a day or two before getting your lip waxed (please trust me on this). As for the price, like I said, they're expensive, but I try to get them from eBay.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by hazelnut87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZINGGGG! Okay so a little background info first. . . I never had any serious acne until the age of 24. For some reason, my hormones went completely cray-cray at that point, and I developed cystic acne underneath my cheek bones along the jaw line. It didn't appear anywhere else. I started researching Retin-A and decided that this might be a good move. It definitely reduced the amount of cystic acne I was getting from 8-10 active cysts at one time (on each side of my face) to about 1-2 active cysts per side of my face. I was still frustrated because each mark was still leaving severe hyperpigmentation (bright red scars from the acne that were much darker than my natural skin tone) that couldn't even be covered with concealer. I saw on a blog somewhere that said if you had problems with hyperpigmentation from cystic acne, to use these peel pads in conjunction with retin-a. Now, the product itself says that you shouldn't use it with retin-a, saclylic acid, blah blah blah. Try it. If you have tried everything else, just give it a try. Not only has it DRAMATICALLY lightened my acne scars, I do not have ANY active breakouts right now, and have only had ONE in the past 2 months that I have been using this product. It is expensive, but I cut the pads in half. Now my skin LOVES exfoliation. Before my hormonal changes, I never exfoliated. . . I just used face wash and a toner, and my skin looked great. Now (and for the past 2 months) this is my routine: In the morning I use my Olay Pro-X (similar to the Clarisonic) with Purity Cleanser, once it is rinsed off, I use half a peel pad. I leave it on for at least 10 minutes. When you first use it, start off with the recommended times until you are sure your skin can handle more time. Increase the amount of time gradually. Anyway, I rinse it off and then apply Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer. After letting it soak in, I do my normal makeup routine. Now for the night time routine. I use a Neutrogena Makeup Remover wipe to get all my makeup off (obvi =)), then I use my Purity facewash with my Olay Pro-X Cleansing Tool. Then once again, I apply half a peel pad and let it sit another 10 minutes. Then I rinse it off and wait 30 minutes. Next I apply Retin-A and I DO not apply moisturizer on top of it. I know this seems like a LOT of exfoliation, and it is. But I've tried every combination under the sun, and I finally found something that works (after 2 years) so I'm sticking with it! Why do I feel like this product has made such a difference? Because I feel like the ingredients penetrate beneath the top layer of skin. The Retin-A increases skin cell turnover, which meant that the cysts that formed in the bottom layers of skin reached the top faster. . . my Olay Pro-X exfoliated the top layer very well. . . and this product cleans out the pores like no other, leaves the skin bright, lightens existing acne scars, and leaves my skin softer than it has ever felt. I truly hope he never discontinues this product!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No