October 24, 2014 | 927 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:34:00 AM More reviews by Maite5468

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just bought my 3rd tub! This has really helped keep my skin so smooth and glowy. It's expensive but you can make it last longer by cutting the pads in half (they are so saturated you really only need half, and you can actually squeeze out a little excess and still have enough for your whole face and neck). After I wipe down my face and neck, with clean hands, I just masage the excess in, because it can be a little sticky if I just let it soak in by itself. Then I let my skin soak it up for a couple minutes then apply my serum and moisturizer (in the morning I also apply spf, very important!). I used to use it only at night but recently started using it twice a day and I feel my skin has become a little more smoother and brighter! I will only spend money on high end products when I think it's worth it and this is completely worth it. I tried the First Aid Beauty Radiance Pads but I didn't really see any results, I can totally see a major difference in the texture and tone of my skin with these pads. Will continue using because it maintains my skin looking healthy and helps my hyper-pigmentation (from the occasional pimple......that I can't help popping......). So I gave these a 5 because although I'm not sure if these are THE best out there, they are the best I've found :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2012 11:09:00 AM More reviews by gdeezy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I wanted to rate this higher, but it seems to be breaking me out on my cheek area. Not small little pimples, but larger kind of painful ones. However, on the areas where I'm not breaking out, my skin is smoother, brighter, and the fine lines are noticeably less obvious....and that after only 3 days of use. I apply and only leave on for 3 minutes and then rinse off and follow with a moisturizer. I'm going to cut back to every other day (been using every day) and see if that controls the breakouts. If not, unfortunately, I'll have to discontinue use. Update -- After using for 2 wks, the breakouts have stopped, so I' rating higher. I don't really see a difference in my skin yet except that it feel smoother immediately folliwng use. I'll update again after using a few more weeks.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2012 7:25:00 AM More reviews by Jillybean04

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use alot of PTR products and I like his unwrinkle line. I have the serum, the turbo serum, lip treatment, lip gloss, primer and these pads. I cant say I use his products exclusively, I am a complete product junky and hop all over the place w ith different products. That said, I cant really testify to long term results because I dont use this everyday like one should. But I do like the way these products make my face feel. I also like the philosophy micro recovery mini peel pads, I find these to be a bit milder, for those of you that these are too strong for. I probably will repurchase these when I ever run out.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/10/2012 6:58:00 AM More reviews by markysa

I have a love-hate relationship with both Glycolic and Salicylic Acid. I don't think they work well in controlling or getting rid of my acne, but they work quite great in making my skin have better complexion, combating blackheads and making skin softer and more radiant (Gosh I sound like a tagline on a product label). But well, to achieve all those I can use my one-dollar scrub, or oatmeal (cheap), or steam it (free). This kinda stings If I use it any more than once every three days, but the result is very minimal if I don't use it everyday, and doesn't last very long. Overall, I do think it's a great and effective exfoliant, but for the steep price, I kinda expect more.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by dalala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite glycolic product. I've tried peels, but get too lazy for them so I never keep up with it.. I've tried other ph balanced AHA products, but they either were too weak (didnt help with break outs), hassle to buy online, or had an irritating ingredient in the list. The directions say to leave on for couple minutes and rinse off, but I keep them on all night. I also use them every night (tough skin lol) to help remove any leftover makeup...When my skin gets dry from using it too often, I stop for 2 days and continue again. This does leave a slight film on my face, but I have not broken out from it..in fact, this has helped me get rid of my tom underground pimple on my chin in 3 days (with help from my C&C Persagel) NO LIE! These pads really helped me to stop picking because it works fast on those deep random pimples. My red spots from past pimples are also healing fast! I took advice from other reviewers and cut these pads in half ..they last awhile and makes the cost more reasonable. If your skin loves glycolic acid, you MUST give this a try!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by HollyMarie

I was excited to try this after reading so many great reviews! And I know PTR has a good reputation with ingredients and effectiveness but I think this is just too harsh for my skin- I have plenty of experience with acids of all types, retinioids, exfoliatiors etc but though this product isnt horrible I just felt my skin was left drier. The good side is it is nice to use on hands on elbows and helps leave them softer. But I will probably use this 1-2 week and not repurchase. I think this would benefit oily skin gals much better!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2012 9:37:00 PM More reviews by faeriegirl0707

I love these, my skin feels so soft after i use it. It is a little expensive but totally worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2012 7:18:00 AM More reviews by RuKa

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using these for over a year now. I've stopped using them a couple times, always thinking they stopped working or weren't working period. I'll try a new highly rated product, decide nothing works, I'm getting older by the day and then I try the pads again and my face transforms. If you're in your 20s, I highly doubt you'll notice much of anything. Maybe tighter pores, or nothing, like someone below experienced. If you don't have issues, this would be more a preventative. For me, it keeps my skin smoother, makeup applies more easily, sun spots gone, acne scars fade significantly faster, acne itself is less and I don't obsess over lines anymore.. because either they were fine enough to disappear with these pads or they softened enough to not be all that noticeable anymore. My face loves these.. thankfully it's been forgiving and bounced back once I've gone back to these pads, but I'm sticking around now, in case next time I'm not so lucky :p Well worth the price..

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2012 12:37:00 AM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought two of these to try out. I found them to be effective and easy to use. You wipe it on and leave it there for 3 minutes then rinse. I liked the first time I use it but now I feel like my skin is getting use to the formula. I may leave it on a little longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2012 10:18:00 PM More reviews by zhaya

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are great! My skin tends to be pretty insensitive (not like my soul ;-P) so I can leave this product on for 10 or 20 minutes with not problems. While they can be used daily I am erratic, (and on a tight budget) so I use them once a week or so; sometimes I'll use for 2 or 3 days in a row, in which case the results are more pronounced.
They help keep the age spots lighter and seem to help with the wrinkles and the pores too. I've been using this product for a few years now, and think it has a good deal to do with why my skin looks younger than I deserve for it to, considering the considerable sun damage I have and continue to accumulate in my life. I do use the DDF micro-exfoliating REVOLVE, so this combination most likely works synergistically in a good way.