Bourjois Volume Clubbing

3.2

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really like this mascara. I personally find that the effect this mascara gives to my lashes is similar to YSL Faux Effet Cils, this is just much more cheap - which is a plus. It took a couple of tries before I figured out how to use the brush, which is a bit weird with the two sides but now, I think it's one of the best mascaras I've ever tried. Most mascaras I've tried, even the waterproofs, tend to smudge on me, but this doesn't, it lasts all day without giving me eyes like a panda. I haven't tried the waterproof version of this mascara but I don't think it's necessary either. I've worn this when it was really raining and I've shed some tears with it too, and still, no panda eyes. It's great so just give it some tries to figure out how to apply it right. It gives me thick and long lashes, though not natural, but I prefer it this way too.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I wanted to like this sooooo bad. I kept trying it and gave it excuses. i figured I just wasn't using it right, but I've read tons of reviews and I know about the two sided brush and how to use it but I can't seem to make it work for me. For reference, I have short stick-straight asian lashes, but my CG lashblast WP holds a curl and volumizes and lengthens. This lengthened my lashes and volumized, but had tonsss of clumps. I couldn't seem to apply it without clumping, I even swiped allll the mascara off into the tube (and it was alot) and it still clumped. It droops my curl a bit, not as bad as the maybelline lash stiletto, but doesn't hold a curl like my CGLB. Dang it, I really wanted to like this because of the pretty packaging and it just seems so.. nice.

edit 1/27/10
Changing it to four stars because I figured out how to work with it a bit better. I curl my lashes (I'm not sure why because it makes it fall... anyways..), then when I take this out to use it, I wipe off all the excess inside the bottle (it's A LOT) and then apply it to my lashes carefully. gives SO much volume and length. THen my lashes droop to their normal asian stick-straight state (but with volume and length) and I curl them again (i don't like curling my lashes acfter but I have to for this) and then they look great (most of the time, since curling lashes after msacara always makes it clumpy for me). So I think this product CAN work but it takes a lot of effort for me. Definitely better if you have lashes that naturally curl up. But adds great volume when applied carefully.

edit 1/25/11
reread my review and that is ridiculous what I did to try and get good lashes.. If it takes that much work for a mascara to look decent and at that price.. not worth it! I used this mascara all for about 5 times because i coudlnt get it to work for me.

I have a love-hate relationship with this mascara.. I love that it has this bit of shine to it and that you can pile on layer after layer of it.. But the only problem is, that it doesn't look good as a mascara on it's own! You need a base mascara to make this mascara really look good, I think it's the brush.. Two longer sides and two shorter sides, they just don't do much for my lashes.

I saw my friend using this mascara and her eyelashes were SO beautiful! So I bought one too, it doesnt look as good on me I think it's because my lashes are a bit more sparse. Anyway i like it still. It does not smudge at all! It's very black (oh yeah i got the ultra black) and makes my lashes much thicker! Perfect for people who like spider legs but unfortunately you can get a natural look. The only thing i don't like is that when i accidentally get my eyelid, it's impossible to wipe off! So I have to be very careful when I put it on.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Um, no?

Maybe I got this product when it already had an expired shelf life, but it was clumpy and hard to use. It did nothing for my lashes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I have been on a hunt for a amazing mascara seems like forever. If you check all my mascara reviews you will see theres a ton and I haven't even reviewed all the mascaras I have tried. First off, this mascara isn't for natural looking lashes. If you want natural looking lashes try all the drugstore mascaras. I don't remember how I came across this mascara but just one day I think I stumbled on Bourjois official website. I ordered this off of ebay for quite cheap. I think I only paid 10 bucks including shipping. I have the shade absolute black. The color of this is absolute black. Bourjois has an even darker shade than absolute black they have extreme black I think its called. I'm giving this a 5 out of 5 which is rare for me to give a mascara because I am so picky. I have long blonde thin eyelashes. I want them to look like fake lashes. I want dark, defined, thick, long lashes. I put this mascara on for the first time last night and I AMAZED by this mascara. I put on two coats and I have amazing lashes. After the fourth coat this started to clump a little on me but I didn't really mind. I can't believe the results this gave me just after one coat of mascara. My mom even asked me what I just used because my lashes looked so good. This is just great, even without a mascara primer. I also tried it with shiseido mascara base and it just made my lashes even more feathery looking. I have super sensitive eyes and this didn't bother them whatsoever. The mascara brush reminds me of MAC's Plush Lash( my other favorite mascara). It has one flat side and a volume side. I put a couple coats of the flat side on and then wiggled the volume side on my lash for a couple coats as well. I have already ordered two more for back up(one for my mom and another one for me). I also want to try the brown one just to see what the color would look like on my lashes. I can't get over this mascara. I'm in love. I will have to post some before and after pictures with this mascara. I also have ordered their new 2 in 1 false lash mascara but haven't received it in the mail yet.

Update: Still loving this. I had two people compliment me saying " I thought you where wearing false eyelashes!" . The only down side is this is reeeeallly hard to take off. I have to soak a cotton ball in neutrogenas oil free make up remover for like 5 minutes. But oh well, I think for me its worth it.

Update: I ordered the brown color and also the ultra black. I love both of the colors as well. I do find that the ultra black brush is a little tiny bit different. The Ultra black has more of a bigger brush and its a little fuller. I love Bourjois and I think they make the BEST mascaras ever. I am so excited and happy that I found mascaras that I LOVE!:D

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was on vacation in London, England and came across this in SuperDrug. I remembered reading about this on the British Cosmo and thought I'd give it a try. I curled my lashes and put about 3 coats on. Immediately it clumped and I got no length and very little volume. Very disappointing. When I came back to Canada, I tried layering this with a lengthening mascara and the results were much better than expected. I curled my lashes and applied maybelline lash stiletto, waited for it to dry, combed through with Sonia Kashuk lash comb and then applied Bourjois volume clubbing. I wouldn't say my lashes look like falsies but the look is more dramatic with minimal clumping. Definitely much better than my first impression of it. Overall I gave it a 4 because its not that great without a lengthening mascara underneath it but the staying power is amazing. I cried/slept in this and woke up hours later with no smudging or flaking. If it didn't need the lengthening mascara underneath, I would give it a 5

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this mascara due to the clubbing liquid eyeliner that came free with it. I really like the eyeliner because of the thin brush tip. I was disappointed with this mascara. It's very clumpy, cakey, and flaky.... all the no-no's in a mascara. The thing I did like was the wand. If they can change the formula to not cause the clumping, I would try it again. If they change the formula, I would try it again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Ok first off, I like enormous, fake, outrageous, huge, fat, big and thick lashes- the bigger the better as far as I'm concerned. I want my eyes to be uber-dramatic, the kind of lashes that can be seen from space! Don't even get me started on clear or "subtle" mascaras- whats the point??- its either huge lashes or none at all in my opinion. Having said that, this mascara goes the furthest to acheive this goal than any other mascara I have tried. Lets make no bones about it- the packaging is rubbish- cheap and nasty looking but the actual mascara itself is wonderful- my lashes are enormous, thick and lucious. Yes, it does cake and clump very slightly over time but for me, I kinda like the odd small clump as it helps me to acheive overall lash bigness so that I don't mind. I wouldn't say this mascara was perfect (sadly no mascara has acheived true HG status for me yet as none of them can really acheive the full thickness of lash that I crave...) but as far as thick, big lashes go this is your best bet so far and thumbs up to bourjois for being so bold and for blowing YSL out of the water when it comes to the fake lash look.

This mascara is great for those that really want almost fake looking lashes. I wouldnt say its great for everyday as yes it can be annoying to take off, but definetly something to use for nights out. It does add a lot of volume and lengthens. I was pretty surprised to see some bad reviews for this product but i guess you either love it or hate it. I'd give it a go if you love that 'false lash' look. But one downside is that once it gets quite old it can clump, so i had to repurchase and not even because i'd finished the tube.

Popular Mascaras