E.L.F. Concealer Brush

3.9

Price: $

Price: $

i actually use this as a lip brush. for 1$ you cant beat that price. it fits nicely into my makeup bag and looks nice along side my other high end brushes. easy to clean and dries fast as well.

on 5/21/2012 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't use this brush for concealer but where I feel it excels is for a smudger with eyeliner (both mineral eyeliner and pencil). Going lightly, it will make the pencil line look less "pencil-y" and you can smudge it out just slightly or a lot, what ever you choose. It works so much better than using a Q-Tip or my finger or even one of those foam sponge smudgers. It does a perfect job every time. Every time!! I love love love this little brush.

It also doubles as a great eyeliner brush.

on 5/19/2012 7:37:00 AM

Love this brush!!

Although other reviewers have stated this brush fails as a concealer brush due to its small size, I have to disagree - unless you're trying to apply concealer to a very large area, such as a port wine stain.

One of the issues with concealers is that many people use far too much product, which can result in the concealer looking "cakey."

In addition, if too much product is applied (or it's applied with too large a brush), then concealer may end up outside of the area needing concealment, thereby negating the positive effects of the concealer.

Concealer is usually lighter than foundation, and optically brings the area being concealed forward (in the case of hollows or some types of acne scars. Dark makes things recede optically). Let's say you have bags under your eyes and hollows below the bags. If you apply concealer to the hollows with a brush that's too large and get concealer on the bags, it will emphasize the bags.

When applied properly (OVER foundation, and only on the area to be concealed), this brush performs very well. Its small size prevents you from loading on too much product and then being forced to blend it beyond the area needing to be concealed.

I have very deep hollows under both eyes, and they're dark. When I use this brush, I am able to apply and blend the concealer *only* in the hollows.

It also works well to apply concealer to blemishes, the inner and outer eye corners, and in the fold of the nostrils.

I agree the brush also has other uses....it's great as a lipstick brush, too!

So, for a dollar you can get a great little multi-tasking brush of very good quality. Buy two!!

on 5/12/2012 11:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

i knew about the negative reviews here and wanted to see it myself. its only 1eur! so i bought one, and i confirm that its absolutely useless for concealor. i dont need reaching it for the eyes neither because the bristles are so stiff. it might work for cream eyeliner but i dont use one. whether i have to buy one or this brush will be totally worthless. edit: i use it now as a lipstick brush like many other people and the stiff bristles are perfect for it.

on 4/15/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't use the concealer brush for concealer. I only concealer for under eyes where the only place it might be useful would be the tear duct area. But for eye liner or eyebrows, it is fantastic. The brush is tough enough to hold powder and I've been using it for these purposes. As another reviewer said, ELF is a hit or miss for me. Some of the brushes are good; others not, and same with the makeup.

on 2/28/2012 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am waiting for a refund as the bristles came out as soon as I used it, and I'm not talking one or two bristles..I mean huge clumps of them!!! Would not recommend to anyone.

on 1/13/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this E.L.F. Concealer brush, but, as another MUA-er pointed out, not for concealer - I use it for eyeliner. I have two of these, one for black and one for brown.

The density of the bristles is perfect for eyeliner application. I've applied gel/cream liner with it, and it works great for that, but I usually use it to apply my HG Jane eyeshadow in Brownie Points as an eyeliner. I dampen the brush with some Visine, swipe it across the eyeshadow, then apply it to my upper and lower lids. It makes a perfect, smudgy line that's not too thick and not too thin.

on 12/17/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this brush for cleaning up my manicures, it's great. My only complaint is that it's somewhat flimsy, but that might just be because I dip it in acetone so much. I've bought three over the past 6 months or so, but it's only $1 so I don't mind. I'll definitely continue to buy these.

on 12/11/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Strangely enough, this brush is great, just not necessarily for concealing blemishes or large areas, i find. I'd still rather use my finger for concealers and found myself doing that shortly after trying to blend the concealer into my skin with the brush.

The brush can be effective with a concealer IF you work at it for a bit. However, i find that the brush is very versatile and can easily be used for other makeup application.

If anything, i'd say i'd definitely purchase this brush to have it there for other makeup application. It's a handy tool.

on 11/23/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is way too small for a concealer brush for me. I haven't attempted to use this brush for anything else but for concealing it does nothing for me so I just use my fingers to conceal.

Popular Makeup Brushes