E.L.F. Concealer Brush

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/15/2012 7:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I don't use the concealer brush for concealer. I only concealer for under eyes where the only place it might be useful would be the tear duct area. But for eye liner or eyebrows, it is fantastic. The brush is tough enough to hold powder and I've been using it for these purposes. As another reviewer said, ELF is a hit or miss for me. Some of the brushes are good; others not, and same with the makeup.

on 2/28/2012 7:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am waiting for a refund as the bristles came out as soon as I used it, and I'm not talking one or two bristles..I mean huge clumps of them!!! Would not recommend to anyone.

on 1/13/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I love this E.L.F. Concealer brush, but, as another MUA-er pointed out, not for concealer - I use it for eyeliner. I have two of these, one for black and one for brown.

The density of the bristles is perfect for eyeliner application. I've applied gel/cream liner with it, and it works great for that, but I usually use it to apply my HG Jane eyeshadow in Brownie Points as an eyeliner. I dampen the brush with some Visine, swipe it across the eyeshadow, then apply it to my upper and lower lids. It makes a perfect, smudgy line that's not too thick and not too thin.

on 12/17/2011 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I use this brush for cleaning up my manicures, it's great. My only complaint is that it's somewhat flimsy, but that might just be because I dip it in acetone so much. I've bought three over the past 6 months or so, but it's only $1 so I don't mind. I'll definitely continue to buy these.

on 12/11/2011 10:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

Strangely enough, this brush is great, just not necessarily for concealing blemishes or large areas, i find. I'd still rather use my finger for concealers and found myself doing that shortly after trying to blend the concealer into my skin with the brush.

The brush can be effective with a concealer IF you work at it for a bit. However, i find that the brush is very versatile and can easily be used for other makeup application.

If anything, i'd say i'd definitely purchase this brush to have it there for other makeup application. It's a handy tool.

on 11/23/2011 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is way too small for a concealer brush for me. I haven't attempted to use this brush for anything else but for concealing it does nothing for me so I just use my fingers to conceal.

on 11/12/2011 2:32:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This Brush Sucks For Concealer.!

BUT. I Love It For Applying Gel Liner. For An Extra Smooth Finish, I Wet The Brush First.

Also, It Makes An Amazing Lip Brush.

Another One Of My Favorite Things To do With This Brush Is Shade My Eyebrows with a taupe shadow After Applying chapstick on them.

and yet another Use is using it wet to line the bottom lash line with shadow, or with primer potion.

Lastly, apply black powder on to your rim after black eye liner to make it really last.

it doesn't work for concealer, but i love it for the other five things. I own three of these brushes. for the price, the usage is amazing.

on 11/3/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

YUCK. This brush absolutely sucks for me. It doesn't pick up the product well, applies like CRAP, and is poorly made. Yuck yuck yuck, Now I remember why I hate concealer brushes. :(

EDIT: I tried using this as a gel/cream liner brush, and it works *much* better for that. I alternate between using this and the MAC 263 for doing liner work. Updating to three stars because it does a so-so job in this function. However, it should do what it's meant to do, which is apply concealer.

Tip, if you're not pleased with the finish of powder shadows used as liners with Fix+, try mixing them with a bit of petroleum jelly (Vaseline) and applying. Setting that combination with a touch of powder eyeshadow, and using a setting/finishing spray, usually ensures that mine stays in place all day.

This is such an amazing brush! For only a dollar you could do so much with it. I use it as a lip brush, as an inner corner brush, eyeliner brush and surprisingly enough even as a concealer brush! If you need to cover a lot with concealer this brush wont be for you, but if you really want to cover up a small blemish or clean up around the corners of your lips after a bright lipstick- this is perfect! I really like it and for the price it cant be beat!

on 10/2/2011 7:12:00 PM

This brush is a little bit too small for concealer. I use it to apply eye shadow to the inner corner of my eyes for a pop of color and it makes my application very precise.

Popular Makeup Brushes