MAC Matte2 - Typographic

4.8

on 8/21/2009 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

When I went to the MAC store to return Carbon, which drags on my lids even with primer underneath, why on earth didn't the SA recommend Typographic? She actually convinced me to keep Carbon, and I reluctantly agreed, but I still wasn't in love with it, and I never really understood its cult status.

It wasn't until I began perusing MUA reviews that I discovered what you were saying about Typographic, and I agree with the rave reviews. The texture is amazing. In fact, Typographic is everything I wanted Carbon to be and then some: similar in color but less stark and more flattering with my fair, neutral/cool (MAC NW15) skin tone; and it applies like butter with no choppy skipping.

Typographic is a deep-charcoal, nearly-black e/s with a hint of indigo. It works best on me as a liner, but for major drama, it looks amazing applied on my lids with the 238 brush -- just full out smoky charcoal. I have blue eyes with grey rims and yellow flecks, so they most often look green, but this e/s made them look stormy grey. I loved it and can't wait for cooler weather when I start wearing my cashmere and merino sweaters again in various shades of grey.

As an eyeliner, I use an angled eyeliner brush to apply just at the base of my upper lash line, but I also use the MAC 231 brush and apply the shadow just over the tops of my bottom lashes, not quite on the water line, and it instantly brightens my eyes without closing the eye too much, as dark colors can do on the water line. I *adore* this color.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

well i had the choice between carbon and this one and i finally went with this one because when i tried out both (one on each eyelid) Typ. held up better and gave more coverage than carbon. Im a combo between MC 42 and NC 45 and this looked amazing every single time!!!!
my HG eyeshadow brand!!!!

on 8/3/2009 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love this for my crease/outer v. I originally bought Carbon for that purpose but found it too harsh and difficult to work with. Every time I ended up looking like a raccoon-eyed mess. Typographic is easy to work with and adds great depth to my eyes. It goes well with just about any other e/s you can think of. Applying this to the other v and blending it into the crease is a great way to take any daytime look and transform it into a nighttime look!

on 7/24/2009 7:17:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

this is a pretty damn good dark grey matte eyeshadow! i've had carbon for years, but it's so black that i rarely wear it. i found this subtler, more wearable and a bit more blendable than carbon.

on 7/11/2009 11:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I love the matte2 eyeshadows. Typographic is so smooth and I love that it is not as intense as carbon. I actually tend to use this more since it gives a softer look.

on 6/30/2009 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

This is what Carbon wants to be. It is smooth and creamy and highly pigmented. If you don't have Carbon and want a black shadow, just get Typographic. Matte2 is love!!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Love Love this color! its so smooth and the texture is divine! I always find something to pair it with,Typographic is the perfect eyeshadow.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

Typographic is the perfect black for my NC43 skintone. Carbon was too light on my skintone, but typographic is just right. I want to say this color is actually darker than carbon and it blends like a dream- very creamy texture like all of MACs matte2 products. I'm glad I found this one. If carbon is not what you are looking for try this one.

on 6/21/2009 11:16:00 PM

LOVE this eyeshadow. I wear it every single day now, paired with carbon and satin taupe.

on 6/5/2009 1:21:00 PM

This is far and away my favorite crease color to wear with shadows in the blue and purple range. I love the matte finish and it's a nice compliment to glitter or shimmer shadows since I don't want my eyes to look like a big disco ball.