September 21, 2014 | 963 users online

Palettes - Urban Decay - Deluxe Shadow Box

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by runwhiterabbit

this is a wonderful palette. i've used every color numerous times. all the colors are very rich and long lasting. zero is my favorite, i use it for smokey eye looks, it's such a pretty black and can be as soft or intense as you want it to be.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 6:20:00 PM More reviews by harsha1980p

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was my first Urban Decay palette I have had it a number of years thought I should give it a review so it dont feel left put and unloved compared to my more recent palette purchases, it has a beautiful purple velvet casing and silver chaining i remember my eyes lighting up and heart pounding when i saw it.

The first 6 shadows are really bright vibrant shades honey is the nicest shade of gold on me a MAC C40 the shadows are so smoothly pigmented they look to be almost liquid metal especially when applied with fingers which gives full intensity colour (i blend the edges with a brush to make it look good) I am indian and this palette usually comes out when I am going to an Indian wedding as it goes with the colour of the sari's (indian clothing item) i tend to favour. The colours really work well on my warm skintone.

Not exactly day time colours but if applied with a fluffy blending blush can get a nice sheer wash that would be more appropriate but this palette definately has a place in my heart and life, there are no MAC shadows in permanent with this pigmentation in these colours - Love it!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by joylovesmakeup

I love this palatte!
Super cute packaging!
Lots of wicked eyeshadows!
Go on like silk!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by ladyluella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this pallet a while ago because i was new to urban decay eyeshadows. i must say, i was pretty impressed. i rarely ever buy anything beside M.A.C eyeshadows, but i am glad i did this time. it's definitely worth the price for 9 shadows. I love that it comes with neutrals and brights, and black. for a while, this pallet were the only shadows i used. plus, it came with primer potion, which is a must have for any make-up bag. this is a must buy!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2010 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Marasy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The Deluxe Palette is an excellent way to have the majority of the Deluxe eyeshadows all in one small case. This palette definitely is not for those shy of bright colors; though there are a couple neutrals in Shag, a coppery bronze, Underground, a light taupe/bronzey shade and Zero, a creamy black. I am a big fan of purple so I am glad to see two completely different shades in Fishnet, a pinkish purple with a blue sheen and Ransom, a bluish purple. Scratch is a light pinkish nearly champagne color that I find pairs well with all the other shadows in this palette. The bright grass green Graffiti pairs well with Honey, a yellowed gold, and Peace, a light sky blue. All the shadows go on smoothly and are easily buildable and blendable, and of course very pigmented. All the shades have a sheen rather than any shimmer or glitter. I really like the velvet covering on this, and if I start to find a bit of cat hair stuck to it I take a lint brush and wam bam its all clean!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 4:21:00 PM More reviews by KingBooII

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Deluxe Shadow Box is a very good palette. All the colors are pigmented, smooth, and very frosty, but seem to need UDPP for truly excellent coverage and wear. The colors are Zero (black), Graffiti (brightened grass green), Peace (vivid, deepened sky blue), Ransom (deep bluish purple), Fishnet (purplish hot pink with violet sheen, probably with sheerest of the bunch), Honey (bright, slightly yellow gold), Shag (really beautiful rosy gold; reminds me a bit of a slightly lighter version of MAC Woodwinked), Scratch (pale, coppery pinkish), and Underground (bronzey taupe). All of the neutrals are gorgeous on and make sense in the context of the palette, but I think a the brights could have been tied in better. That said, each eyeshadow is very pretty and usable, and I have gotten use out of each of the colors. I'd highly recommend the Deluxe Shadow Box to someone who has a small to moderate makeup collection, and is looking for variety both in neutrals and bright colors.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 7:27:00 PM More reviews by tifferifficxo

i had been eyeing this palette for awhile before i finally got it. the bright, shimmery colors were absolute eye candy to me. i love everything about this palette except for one thing--the fallout, especially when it comes to Fishnet & Ransom. i was really looking forward to those two because i didn't have anything like those colors in my collection. it is possible to work with them though, just by foiling. besides that, the rest of the colors are amazing & a dream to blend. Peace & Graffiti are great for that pop of color on your eyes. the three neutrals--Shag, Scratch & Underground--are perfect for those subdued days. Honey is a lovely gold. even though i wish it were matte & more pigmented, Zero is a nice, satin-y black. while i love the packaging, i think it the price is a bit much for what you get. regardless, i'm really happy with the palette & would recommend it to the bright-eyed gals :]

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2010 9:13:00 PM More reviews by omgitstephy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this was my first makeup pallet ever and i loved it! great start for me a few years ago when i just started in makeup. i absolutely adored this pallet! the colors are extremely pigmented and the shadows are just so soft and smooth its just amazing. you gotta be careful with fall out though but thats about it. the packaging is gorgeous being a bright purple color with the metal detail on the front. only complaing about the packaging is that the velvet tends to get pretty dirty. i wish there was a way to clean it :[

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by kbeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I absolutely love love this particular palette. This is where i discovered Ransom, which is my favorite urban decay shadow. but the other 8 shades are so pretty and texture of them are almost kinda creamy. awesome day time looks and night!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2010 2:11:00 AM More reviews by UrbanBabe

I love this palette!
Fishnet- Purple with pink iridescence in it
Honey- Yellow/gold. Im cool/neutral and this works well (NW20) since it isnt that warm toned
Ransom- a pretty cornflower color, although it tends to look more purple once on
Graffiti- Amazing green! its bright, but not neon.
Zero- Really unique since its a black w iridescence. No glitter, no shimmer, just sheen. I love pure black && this tends to look "off black" in some lighting
Peace- Super bright blue! My fav shade. Goes awesome with Graffiti

there are also 3 neutrals in this palette. I dont remember the names but im not a fan of neutrals, but they are pigmented and smooth, like all these shade in the deluxe box. TBH, i dont think id buy this again since some colors dont get enough love. I know ill buy a full size of peace & graffiti for sure, but everything else i could live without (altho i still love and use them)