October 21, 2014 | 1615 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skinfinish Natural - Deep Dark

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by nikkip25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i agree with one of the reviewers this is perfect for contouring if you fall around the nc40 range! i was using refined golden bronzer to contour, but that wasn't enough for me so i searched for other options. the MA recommended this and i was hesitant at first because i thought i needed something more brown to contour with oppose to this, it looks quite brown orange. i bought it, wore if the next couple of days, and i actually love it! the MSFs in general are awesome and owe many, but this one is perfect for contouring!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2009 5:06:00 PM More reviews by macaddict1985

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i LOVE LOVE LOVE my msf!!!!!!!!!! I wear medium-dark and it makes my foundation finish look so polished and natural. just my opinion, but i think it's a great product to blend at the jawline/neck so your face doesn't look a different color bc it's so light. i personally hate putting heavy powders on my neck. it makes me feel really gross. WARNING!! those with dry skin, uneven skin tone, and large pores....wearing MSF alone may increase these flaws. i'm telling you from experience. it's actually not meant to be worn alone...it's a skin finish for your face to go over foundation (never over powder!!!). also make sure that if you wear concealer, don't put MSF over it. it's not a translucent powder (which is what you are supposed to set concealer with). just imagine...your concealer is one shade or more lighter than the rest of your face, and then you add msf or anything with a darker color under your eyes...eeeeeeeeeeekkkk! anyhow, i really do love this product, and i use a paint brush from michael's to set it. it's loew cornell maxine's mop 1". i think it's like $8 and it's also great for highlighting and translucent powders. there is a video on youtube comparing mac and lc brushes by enkoremakeup. great if you want the same as mac but don't want to pay a ton.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2009 2:02:00 PM More reviews by KNgcakani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product broke me out in welt-like hives the minute it touched my face. I should have known from the awful reaction I used to get from Studio Fix when I used to use it years ago until I came to the realization it was the only contributor to the chronic acne problems I had in my 20's and 30's - MAC powders are an absolute no no for my skin - Too bad because they really are aesthetically stunning ...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2009 11:38:00 PM More reviews by piyopiyo127

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i normally don't buy mac face stuff since i always think that i look at the sales girls and they have the worst skin ever so why should i ever buy anything they use/rec'd? but this is actually not as heavy as their other stuff and the coverage is quite nice. I like to let my skin "breathe" from time to time to so i use this only on the weekends and a lighter, more natural pressed powder on the weekdays (physician's formula-- talk free) since all of mac's stuff always list talc as usually one of the first main ingredients. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2009 1:22:00 PM More reviews by pinkpixy2008

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

PERFECT FOR CONTOURING - NC42

i wanted to contour but macs blush "blunt" is not available in the uk, so after asking a makeup artist what to use instead, she suggested i try this in deep dark.

it works wonderful for contouring, perfect as a bronzer as theres no glitter or shimmer, just gives you that perfect glow and as a all over face powder. so versatile, i love it. also its impossible to use to much product and look silly.

it is a bit pricey but defo worth it, i rated 5 for the packaging simply because i love macs simple classic design.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/18/2009 3:09:00 PM More reviews by wdenise6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Beautiful color on my NW45 complexion but breaks me out terrible had to take it back. All mac foundations break me out for some reason, plus it looked a little whiteish on me eventhough I wore it by itself. I have strong red undertones maybe that was the problem. If you don't break out easily then I would give it a try.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2009 8:30:00 PM More reviews by bruno777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really like this msf when used alone. For all of you darker tanned ladies this is the bizzzzz.I am a NC50 for reference with gold/yellow undertones and I use this in dark and deep dark. I like wearing this alone with a little concealer for my undereye area. I don't like using this over my foundation because it does nothing for me. I guess this would be a nice bronzer for fairer skinned ladies. I will be this again when it runs out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2008 9:14:00 PM More reviews by TheWorldsDresser

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff - it's great when I don't want to wear my regular powder foundation (Prescriptives Anywhere). It's super light, but YOU WILL need to take blot sheets with you - this does nothing to keep the oilies away and sometimes if you don't blot the oil it goes red/orange. It breaks out some folks, but thankfully not me (it's the only Mac foundation that doesn't). I love this stuff - HG material.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/18/2008 9:53:00 PM More reviews by siaramiss

Overall actually i rated this 4.5 out of 5 lol because although not having a compact mirror inside is not a big problem because all you really or I really needed is a good amount on my face that it requires not much touchups (since its pretty matte) during the day but probaly at night time. At first when you look real close to the product it looks as if there's a little shimmer on it but when you put it on your face you don't even notice it. I like the overall look and feel of this is a great multi use product which can act as a bronzer or contouring if you buy in the medium deep or deep dark, pressed powder, setting over foundation or just itself etc. The price is a bit pricey but even if it was a little bit more i would still buy this. Definitely still MOISTurize good with a toner because a toner would help set the lotion instead of just laying flat on your skin. This powder really completes your overall natural look or makeup look without feeling TOO heavy. So go and purchase it and put it in for your daily essential makeup bag. HG <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2008 6:47:00 PM More reviews by Manillo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

********EDIT: THIS WILL MAKE YOU BREAK OUT! BE WARNED. I STILL USE IT THOUGH. I LOVE IT TOO MUCH TO GIVE IT UP. *********

If your skin is already in pretty good condition and you just want something a little extra to even your skin out and give it an amazing glow, then you gotta use this! I really like it, although sometimes it can feel drying. Right now, this is the only thing I'm wearing on my face because it's THAT good.