MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

Pricey in my opinion but hey it's MAC!
This is most definitely one of my favourite foundations as it is sheer and has a radiant finish. If you want more coverage apply more than lightly dust setting powder over it. It's great for dry skins not so much for oily. If you're oily check out the Mac studio fix is a thicker texture and full coverage.

BEST FOUNDATION ON EARTH. I was spectical about the glowy finish when I bought it because you know, the T-zone oiliness can be frustrating. (FYI I have redness and dry jaw and cheek area, and I dont have some blemishes on my face from time to time.) This foundation has a very light and watery formula and very sheer coverage, but one layer is enough for me, I deal with my blemishes/redness with Mac Prolongwear or UD Naked Concealer. Today, I wore Face and Body 12 HOURS LONG and it was the same! With no touch ups! I think I found my perfect trio of base routine. MUFE redness correcting primer + MAC face and body + MUFE mist&fix (O2 version). I recommend this foundation to everyone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I was tested at the Mac store near me for my shade, i'm kind of inbetween c3 and c4, so we both decided the lighter colour would look a little more natural on me.
Over-all I actually like the sheerness of it, I don't really have a huge issue with acne or oily skin so i'm assuming those that do wouldn't like this product very much because it really is so sheer.
My only dislikes are the shade range, I think there needs to be more variety in terms of that. Also the stickiness of it when it's applied to the skin, it takes quite a while to set and never really gets rid of that sticky feeling.
In terms of how long the foundation stays without having to touch-up, I got 6 hours out of it before i started to notice that it was coming off in a few areas. So it's not really a long-wearing foundation, it's pretty much the mac version of a bb cream.

I could take it or leave it originally - it is very VERY sheer if you just brush it on as is and so I ended up applying more. That then felt too heavy (it has film formers) and as I have normal - combination skin I ended up looking a bit greasy.

The bottle languished in a box and I just did not get the hype.

Enter You Tuber Sharon Farrell who I only recently discovered and NOW I get it! She is a makep artist with oilier skin and she did a blog post about how to apply it - the secret is buffing but not on your face. This was my issue as the formula is supposed to gradually thicken meaning the more you work it the better coverage you get. All that buffing left me cold however she suggested putting a dollop in your hand, rubiing your hands together really vigorously and then only applying to the face once you feel the texture change. GENIUS! This is now possibly my second favourite foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is No1). With some Mineralise Skinfinish Natural lightly over the top this just looks like luminous but not greasy really good skin.

And it lasts all day! It never did when I used to ladle it on to try and build it.

I would suggest going to the store and having a play as with this foundation technique is absolutely key. Am now seriously considering this for my wedding makeup as it apparently looks beautiful in photos.

As an aside you also get a whopping quantity for the price if you get the bigger bottle!

I really wanted this to work for me, but if you have an oily T zone, stay away from this one! The finish on this is gorgeous though; your skin will look perfect in the first 30 minutes. However, the constant blotting and just seeing the foundation slide off your face isn't worth it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I recently purchased MUFE F&B which I really like. The only slight issue I have is the shade I bought isn't an exact match for me (Shade 20). I actually purchased another lighter shade too (Shade 38) to mix in but I love the formula. MAC F&B had been recommended a while ago as I like light coverage that still looks like my skin. I purchased the shade C2 as I usually wear NARS TM in Alaska and C2 colour-wise is literally the best match I have ever found. F&B is very fluid like but as I purchased the MUFE version a few weeks ago, I found MAC F&B easy to work with. The coverage is buildable however truthfully I only really need one full layer and a little extra around my t-zone and then spot conceal. My skin is normal-dehydrated and one thing I was pleased about is it is nowhere near as dewy as I was expecting. I do use a little pressed powder but I was still able to use highlighter with this which I was surprised by but glad. I do like a slightly dewy finish however MAC F&B has the right balance and I would describe it more as a healthy glow. I'm just mentioning in case that has put anybody off in the past. I would highly recommend for those looking for skin-like foundation and the shade C2 is perfect for those like me who are fair (ivory), cool but with a yellow undertone :). Also it is best applied with fingers however I do use RT Buffing Brush once I have applied concealer to blend everything together :)

I wish I could love this foundation. C3 was my perfect match, you get more bang for your buck if you buy the biggest bottle and it didn't oxidize on me nor did it break me out.

However, it took me ages to apply my make up because it takes a while to dry and because it's so sheer. I don't need a lot of coverage but this foundation is so sheer, it hardly gave me any coverage at all. I'm set after two layers, it looks lovely at first but after 2+ hours I look like I ran a marathon. I also hate the way it feels on my skin, it feels very slimy and I always feel like it could fall off my face any second, no matter how many times I set it with powder.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Little bit of background, I'm an oily skinned person and I like the look of dewy skin some days because I usually have a slight dewy look being oily skinned. I find matter stuff can look too much like makeup.

I'm normally an NC30 and use C3 which is a good match.

This foundation is very watery and it's best applied with your fingers. I've tried it with brushes and it leaves a weird residue on them.
Rubbing this in, the heat and friction make it become thicker and it sticks to the skin and it's really nice.

The coverage is sheer but it can be built up to a light/medium coverage.
Not medium coverage but definitely more than light coverage.
Something I really like about this is that it can be built up to that light medium coverage and doesn't look cakey at all!

If you try and add more the stuff you have on your fingers starts to liquify the makeup on your face so it starts to move around. So it can really only go up to a light/medium coverage.

I look super greasy when this is first applied. Some days I'll just use a loose powder with a brush on my t-zone to tone the shine down, my face will look super soft with this and I'd get compliments plus it still has that slight dewiness where it's all over but looks really good.
Another way is to "cook" it with loose powder and really set it.
It does look like you have some makeup on with this method but it lasts a lot longer for those with oily skin and doesn't look too matte

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

MAC Face and Body foundation is a sheer coverage foundation which is very different to any other foundation produced by MAC. I am NC20 and use this in shade C1. This foundation is very watery/runny out of the bottle. To get the best effect, you should apply this with your fingers, rubbing it in gentle, circular motions across your face. The heat from your fingers and face will cause the foundation to thicken slightly, to a creamy texture rather than a watery one, and using your fingers to apply will prevent streaking. It is a sheer coverage foundation, so it covers any redness in my face and lightens my under-eye circles, however my freckles are still visible up close. I would not recommend this if you are suffering from acne and needing something full coverage, this foundation is for those who need only a light coverage. It provides slightly more coverage than a BB cream would. I have normal, slightly dry skin and this foundation stays matte on me and does not dry out my skin. This is a good foundation for days where you need only a light coverage in order to look put together. It looks very good with pale blushes like Well Dressed (also by MAC). I would repurchase.

I went out on a limb despite the claims that it wasn't good for oily skin... and I'm so glad that I did! This has become my everyday foundation. I work in a casual office that I don't feel the need to wear too much makeup and this is my current go to foundation.

For all my oily ladies... I feel your pain and this is how I use this product.

I use Cetaphil Dermacontrol Oil Control foam wash, I tone my skin with Bliss mattifying toning pads, I use H20+ Marine Calm serum (on days when I seem more red than usual or after a hormonal acne flare up), and then for my moisturizer I use Murad Oil-Control Mattifier. If the lovely NC humidity is at its usual 90% I will spray an oil control setting spray BEFORE putting on my foundation. I then put on my Mac Face & Body with my Target foundation brush (because this foundation is bad about matting my expensive brushes up... but I prefer the finish I get with a brush instead of my fingers), I let it set up a little bit, conceal any angry face monsters, then set it with whatever setting powder I'm using at the time, and just like that I have a non oily natural look that doesn't look cakey.

If I've sweat or the humidity is high I might have to blot a little after 3 or 4 hours and put some matte powder on... But its nothing that we don't already do, right?

Video Reviews & Tutorials