Essie Lady Like

4.6

on 9/28/2011 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I would've overlooked this color for sure had I not seen the positive reviews here on MUA. It's just not the normal color I would've picked. However, I'm so glad I did! Love this mauvey-nude shade on my fair skin. It's opaque in two coats, and it doesn't give me lobster claws. Such a fall-appropriate shade, and I'm super glad I picked it up!

on 9/25/2011 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is the current queen of 'work appropriate' in my nail polish collection. It really goes with almost everything. It goes on smooth and rich and is long lasting. I use it with China Glaze base coat and Seche Vite top coat. Definite repurchase!

on 9/25/2011 10:34:00 AM

Would I repurchase? YES YES YES! I absolutely LOVE Essie's Lady Like! Currently I'm trying to limit the number of nail polishes I buy, but this I could not resist. The colour seems to change depending on the lighting, sometimes looking like a dusty pink, sometimes looking more dusty taupe-y purple-y cream. This colour looks very sophisticated on the nails. Application is great, goes on smooth and only takes 2 coats to perfection and is not streaky at all. Staying power is excellent - I wore for several days before getting small chips. I would definitely repurchase, and I have a feeling Lady Like is going to end up being one of my favourites.

on 9/24/2011 9:36:00 PM

This is a great fall color! If you haven't bought it yet you better hurry since it is limited edition!
The color is a beautiful pinky brown; the perfect fall nude!
Essie nail polish lasts for days and the Essie No Chips Ahead top coat is awesome!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have to preface this by saying I am extremely picky about the nailcolors that I use on my fingers. I normally stick to very light/sheer shades as I feel that darker shades make my fingers look short and chubby.

I love this color! Lady Like is the perfect name for this mauve shade- perfect for fall. The formulation is great, one coat leaves the shade a little sheer but two coats make for a perfect shade.
This is my first Essie purchase and it will certainly not be my last!

on 9/21/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually steer clear from these types of colors. I like classic pinky sheer colors like Mademoiselle and Sugar Daddy from Essie or bright neon pinks and classic reds.
I never jumped on the gray/beige/taupe bandwagon. But for some reason this purplish taupe just draws me in. I can't stop looking down at my fingers!
LOVE the color. It applies perfectly in 2 coats (much better than many other Essie colors that are streaky).I can't give it 5 lippies because I probably don't like it quite as much as some of my all-time favorite colors.

on 9/16/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am usually drawn towards pinks and neutral nail polishes; more feminine colors. I don't really care for blues, greens, or very dark colors. In the fall/winter, I don't find myself reaching for bright/baby pinks or corals. This is the perfect girly color. It is soft and feminine, not bright, and well suited for the gloomy weather. I am definitely going to buy a back up.

on 9/14/2011 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this color for fall. The quality of the polish is fantastic. I used 2 coats and lasted 4 days which is a very long time for me.

on 9/12/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Unfortunately this color is limited edition. Lady like appeared with Essie's fall 2011 collection Brand New Bag. This color is a soft, dusty, milky rose. It's gorgeous. The color applied smooth and two coats was all I used. Essie did another great job with their fall collection.

on 9/10/2011 8:56:00 AM

Ooh this one is pretty! A neutral pink for fall.

Popular Polishes