Essie Lady Like

4.6

on 9/25/2011 10:34:00 AM

Would I repurchase? YES YES YES! I absolutely LOVE Essie's Lady Like! Currently I'm trying to limit the number of nail polishes I buy, but this I could not resist. The colour seems to change depending on the lighting, sometimes looking like a dusty pink, sometimes looking more dusty taupe-y purple-y cream. This colour looks very sophisticated on the nails. Application is great, goes on smooth and only takes 2 coats to perfection and is not streaky at all. Staying power is excellent - I wore for several days before getting small chips. I would definitely repurchase, and I have a feeling Lady Like is going to end up being one of my favourites.

on 9/24/2011 9:36:00 PM

This is a great fall color! If you haven't bought it yet you better hurry since it is limited edition!
The color is a beautiful pinky brown; the perfect fall nude!
Essie nail polish lasts for days and the Essie No Chips Ahead top coat is awesome!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have to preface this by saying I am extremely picky about the nailcolors that I use on my fingers. I normally stick to very light/sheer shades as I feel that darker shades make my fingers look short and chubby.

I love this color! Lady Like is the perfect name for this mauve shade- perfect for fall. The formulation is great, one coat leaves the shade a little sheer but two coats make for a perfect shade.
This is my first Essie purchase and it will certainly not be my last!

on 9/21/2011 4:52:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I usually steer clear from these types of colors. I like classic pinky sheer colors like Mademoiselle and Sugar Daddy from Essie or bright neon pinks and classic reds.
I never jumped on the gray/beige/taupe bandwagon. But for some reason this purplish taupe just draws me in. I can't stop looking down at my fingers!
LOVE the color. It applies perfectly in 2 coats (much better than many other Essie colors that are streaky).I can't give it 5 lippies because I probably don't like it quite as much as some of my all-time favorite colors.

on 9/16/2011 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am usually drawn towards pinks and neutral nail polishes; more feminine colors. I don't really care for blues, greens, or very dark colors. In the fall/winter, I don't find myself reaching for bright/baby pinks or corals. This is the perfect girly color. It is soft and feminine, not bright, and well suited for the gloomy weather. I am definitely going to buy a back up.

on 9/14/2011 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I love this color for fall. The quality of the polish is fantastic. I used 2 coats and lasted 4 days which is a very long time for me.

on 9/12/2011 6:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

Unfortunately this color is limited edition. Lady like appeared with Essie's fall 2011 collection Brand New Bag. This color is a soft, dusty, milky rose. It's gorgeous. The color applied smooth and two coats was all I used. Essie did another great job with their fall collection.

on 9/10/2011 8:56:00 AM

Ooh this one is pretty! A neutral pink for fall.

on 9/8/2011 11:35:00 PM

Just a PERFECT neutral! And the formula is PERFECT!

on 9/8/2011 7:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Really pretty mauve with cool undertones. It looks, well, lady-like. Great for the office and looks very sweet on short nails.

Popular Polishes