October 2, 2014 | 1929 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Yves Saint Laurent - Matt Touch - Touche Mate - Oil-Free Primer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2008 7:42:00 AM More reviews by cordelia100

I have the oiliest skin ever and I wanted to find a product that would reduce the shine and oil on my face plus be a good primer for my mineral makeup. This is by far better than I expected. It does exactly what I need. Usually by the end of my 6-7 hour shift of work, I get home and my face is almost dripping with oil lol, but when I use this I swear my face is only a little bit shiny, just a glow, and I can touch my face without my finger slipping off from the oil. It doesnt completely keep my face matt all day long, but I wouldnt expect that from anything, nothing is ever perfect! But this atleast gives me the relief and security of much much less oil and embarrassment! Its gives my skin a smooth surface for my makeup and feels completely natural after the brief initial oily feeling. It comes in a simple tube which makes it easy to squeeze out and is hygenic. It is expensive, but there is a generous amount of product, plus this actually works so its definently worth the money! Im surprised this does not have more reviews and its not more well known- I guess the high end price is to blame. I would recommend this to anyone, oily skin or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2008 12:53:00 AM More reviews by Glitterachi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am in love with this primer, ive tried every primer you could ever think of, from MUFE. MAC, Laura Mercier, Laura Gellar, Stila, Lorac, Nars, ive even tried the monistat cream, Dermadoctor, and im probably missing a few more. i have the oilest skin and nothing works for me, my skins oily 5 minutes after i put on my makeup. well saturday i was a bridesmaid in a wedding and i put this on, with my MUFE mat foundation. and i couldnt believe my eyes. my makeup stayed flawless from 11 am to 2 am all day being at a wedding. i only touched up once with powder. i dont care how much this costs even if it was a $100 id still buy it because nothing else has worked for me all these years and im glad i finally found it, but its hard to get ur hands on it. I dont know if the SA at the ysl counters dont know wat the product is or if theyre always sold out, but ive never been able to find it anywhere they usually dont know what im talking about when i ask for it and dont have a tester, i hope its not being discontinued. i got a sample of it from sephora thats what im using right now until i run out..

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/20/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Andrea4573

EDIT:
I've upped this in rating as I re-visited it after developing very greasy skin thanks to pregnancy hormones! I need something to help keep my make up on and gave this a whirl again and it did help.
I would say it is only for really oily skins or really oily t-zones.
I wouldn't buy again as I think it is very over priced but then it is H/E
I find Avons Magix Perfector much the same and only £10!

I have been umming & aahing over whether to put this in my swap list.
I've used it a few times now (the one upside being you don't need too much so I can see it lasting a long while - poss downside for me!)
I have oily nose & chin and dry rest of face.
If I use this all over my face, yes, my makeup goes on smooth but it also makes me look whiter! Not good in pictures either with the addition of a flash! But it does nothing to control my shine during the day. I still need to blot just as much so there isn't anything matt about it on me!
Because of the price I have been perservering with it but I really do think this is a lemming for me. I can't use it all over and just to use it to two spots seems an awful waste esp. when it doesn't do the job or me.
I am still on a search for the perfect primer (Avon is next!) but I may give up on this one despite re-living it now and then in hopes it will be okay :0(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2008 5:08:00 AM More reviews by helenaAmpjam

I bought this product after much consideration and after reading reviews here on mua.
It's the best primer i've used- controls shine for my combi skin and lasts all day in humid weather, and gives skin a smooth velvety touch- allows even liquid foundation to sink in and adds radiance to the face. Even helps control shine during physical exercise under the hot sun.
It's pricey like most high end brands but it's worth it because the amount you use is so little. I like the hygienic squeeze tube as well. Heaps better than the laneige sebum control primer- that one died after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2008 7:34:00 AM More reviews by kgrinn

Wow. Magic! If you have oily skin and often see putting on liquid foundation as a tricky challenge, this stuff is for you!! It is pure magic. It really does make my foundation (Chanel Mat Lumière) glide on. My face looks very polished (not in the shiny way) and professional. However, I tried putting it on over my foundation (on my nose) and my foundation rubbed off. I think it's this Chanel foundation because blotting sheets also rub off the foundation when I pat them on (when they never did with other products).
I put Matt Touch on a while after my moisturizer. When you put it on, it automatically melts into your face and makes it smooth with no shine. I'm surprised I came upon this on my own without the SA recommending it. I definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2008 7:39:00 AM More reviews by Katie5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product has surprised me beyond belief! It is the best primer I have ever used. I don't really use it on my chin, which is my oiliest area, just because I put so many other products on there to mattify it, but I smooth it over the rest of my face underneath my moisturiser, and it makes my skin feel unbelievable! It has such a weird texture, kind of slippery but thick, and when I put it on my face it disappears into it and makes it feel like velvet. My foundation (YSL Perfect Touch) goes on really nicely over this stuff, and it does make it last longer. It does give a soft matte look to my forehead and nose, and prevents some oil breakthrough, but it's not a super-powered mattifier or anything like that. Instead it's a lovely primer that does exactly what it should do - improves the look of foundation and gives a nice smooth finish.

Oh and also it smells divine, just like Perfect Touch and Effet Faux Cils.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/11/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by karwinner

Excellent mattifying cream. Doesn't ever leave an ashy color, even on dark skin. Perfect for touch-ups OVER foundation too! However, repeated touch-ups will inevitably cause pilling (as I have found with all the silicone based mattifiers I have tried) so I'm giving it four lippies. But overall, the best I have used. NBC orders this stuff by the crate according to one of the SAs at Bergdorf Goodman.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2008 4:25:00 PM More reviews by reneeg323

I bought this at the suggestion of my SA who claimed that it would help control the oilies that I tend to get in the afternoon while also making my foundation glide on. I was not impressed with this product at all. I have tried every primer out there - LM, GA, Shiseido, Rose Illusion, Chanel, Clarins, Smashbox, MAC etc. - and this is nothing special. It went on smoothly, although felt a bit heavier than other primers. I'm not sure that it helped with my foundation application since it balled up on a couple of occasions. I still needed to blot in the afternoon, and after a couple of weeks of use, this stuff smelled so bad, I ended up throwing it out. Frankly, there are so many other better primers out there. La Prairie, Smashbox and Clarins have great primers to help your foundation glide on and MAC's Prep & Prime is dynamite for controlling the oilies. No need to waste money on this so-so product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2008 5:09:00 PM More reviews by saloco

I'm basing this review on occasional use on clients rather than my own daily use.
I use this as a shine control primer, and it really does work.
It also smoothes over pores and creates a beautiful canvas for foundation application - foundation glides on nicely without too much slip.
It doesn't immediately dehydrate the skin so it's great for combination skin.
I've also used this on top of makeup to control shine and was amazed that it didn't shift the foundation.
I will definitely buy this again unless I find something even better in the meantime.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by luckyredlisa

I honestly can't believe how little attention and love this product gets!! I am a total primer junkie, and this blows the pants off ALL of them, even my former beloved LP Rose Illusion and board fave Clarins Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch.

Other than LP and Clarins, I've also tried Clinique Pore Minimizer, Smashbox (several varieties), MAC Prep + Prime , Revlon, Lumene, Michael Marcus, Laura Gellar, Giorgio Armani (US and 2 Asian versions), BE Prime Time, Lorac, Sue Devitt, and Laura Mercier (mineral and regular). I generally do side-by-sides to check performance. This beats all of those handily.

This smooths out pores, prevents fdn from getting at all clumpy or breaking apart during the day (this happens around my nose sometimes- KWIM?), and somewhat controls oil. I wonder if people are put off by the name "Matt Touch"? It doesn't really make me matte, just smoother and not-oily-shiney.

This is also a fairly well-priced option, definitely cheaper than both LP and Clarins. The packaging is also superior- a simple squeeze tube, instead of the heavy and unsanitary jar many primers come in. I am on my second tube and will continue to buy this!

Update 02/21/08 : I am now on my fourth tube and still loving it. I've never had a problem with the product smelling or balling up like reneeg. I will agree it is thicker than many primers, it is most similar in thickness to Clarins, but not as thick as Michael Marcus. I will also admit that the GA US primer (which is a thick clear gel) and the Chanel primers (I've tried 2, have a third on the way) are also excellent options I have in rotation with my beloved YSL. Like Saloco, I think YSL gives me the best balance of smoothness, slip, and longer-lasting fdn. continued >>

21 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No