April 19, 2014 | 1751 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by callado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Actually, i didn't use this pencil as a eye shadow base. i use this as a eyeliner for my lower waterline. I found the shade iced mocha creates a very natural look for lower eyeliner. Sometimes a black lower liner may look pretty odd on me, but this cool brwon shade is very natural yet adding depth for my eyes! the texture is very creamy and the pigmentation is really good!! making the application easy, quick and pretty!
The only thing i hope for this product is a automatic pencil design would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kelseylicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS EYE SHADOW PENCIL!!!

After searching high and low for a replacement for my Clinique Touch Tint for Eyes in "Sable Shimmer", I finally found this NYX "Iced Mocha" pencil. The color is absolutely gorgeous. I use it in so many ways! All by itself over the entire lid, as a base color all over and then accent it with creme and black, OR i'll use it as eyeliner (making a wide line) and then use NYX "Vanilla Shimmer" eyeshadow on my lid and blend it into the "Iced Mocha" line which is a very pretty and not overpowering look for fair skin.

The only downside is that it does sometimes crease...but I honestly don't mind it. I'm just so happy to have found a color replacement for my beloved Clinque Touch Tint!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by breebree89

This color is such a lovely bronze-taupe, great for the summer. All you need to do it put a little on your lid and spread it and pat it. It lasted all day, through humidity in 90+ weather. The only thing is I would advise not to put it right on the crease line because it creased a bit on me, but other than that, I love this product and it's so affordable :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this Thursday and have used it the last three days with different shadows on top. i used BE Naked Beach, UD Ruthless and bronze color from my Coastal Scents palette and loved the the look of all three. Naked Beach was by far the best. I know I'm probably an anomaly as I do not own any MAC products but my intention in buying this was to come up with something close to MAC's Groundwork but I think this maybe closer to Constuctivist? Don't know, just going by online swatches. Whatever the case I love it. It's hot as heck here in Texas right now so I'm using a primer beneath but I don't think in cooler months I'll have to. Can't wait to get my UD Naked palette and combine those shadows too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by olivia09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I use it as a neutral eyeshadow base, and it gives shadows that extra 'umpth' and staying power. It's consistency is very creamy, and after a day of wear, and a LONG night of dancing it creased MINIMALLY...! This NYX JEP is an awesome addition to anyone's makeup collection. I will definitely continue to use and repurchase! =]

EDIT: I recently 'depenciled' my JEP in the microwave, and I love it that much more...! By far, easier to apply and store when 'depenciled'. (For depencilling instructions, head straight to youtube!) =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! One of my fave jumbo pencils, it works great with brown or taupey eyeshadows. I have oily lids so I won't dare wear this alone, but it looks gorgeous with Satin Taupe or patina over it. I wear my UDPP as a base and no creasing, gotta love NYX!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this on Ebay after watching a few YouTube vidoes featuring this item as a base for shadows. Very happy and love using this for a different base than my usual go to MAC painterly paint pot. The colour is a frost light taupey brown with flecks of gold shimmer. Adds some dimension to some of my favourite brown and taupey shadows. Really love using this with MAC's Patina, as I personally find they compliment each other perfectly.
Applies with ease using my fingers to warm up the product and blends beautifully. I noticed some minor creasing, but now I use UDPP underneath which has put the creasing to a halt.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by iheartcargo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It is good for a base, but you can also wear it as an all over color. I don't like the lid. It seems to be really flimsy. Then again I am more of a paint pot kind of girl.. Really wanting to try more colors and will defiantly buy this color again. (:

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2010 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Katz17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! This is my first ever NYX jumbo eye pencil and I'm pleasantly surprised! It's amazing! It's extremely pigmented, and creamy and it glides so smoothly! It`s great as a base for a powder eyeshadow. Like any other cream eyeshadow, it creases. But if you wear it with a primer, the creasing is much decreased. However, I wouldn`t recommend wearing this alone on your lid without a powder on top if you have oily eyelids because it will definitely crease. I don`t have particularily oily lids, so this is a great all over lid colour for me. I find myself reaching for this alot when I don`t have time to put on alot of makeup because it`s such a gorgeous shimmery taupe neutral colour. It matches anything you`re wearing and you don`t really have to think before applying. I just put this on my lid and smudge it out with my ring finger. It`s absolutely GORGEOUS! The only con I have about this product, and the only reason I gave this a four star rating is because the only way you can sharpen it, is to buy the NYX sharpener. Otherwise, any other sharpener will not work. You can depot the NYX jumbo eye pencils, but I just think it's not worth it. I will definitely repurchase this product, as well as other colours of NYX jumbo eye pencils. However, it was annoying to also have to purchase the sharpener from NYX just to sharpen the 1 NYX jumbo eye pencil that I own.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2010 2:10:00 AM More reviews by elbz08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really nice shimmery taupey brown color, its really pretty under colors like that or just by itself, i dont honestly find myself reaching for it that much compared to my others just because alot of my brown eyeshadows dont really need a base, but if your looking for a brown one this is really really nice.