September 17, 2014 | 882 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2010 12:09:00 PM More reviews by Hamstershell

I absolutely love this as a eyeshadow base. I know a lot of people prefer MAC's paints and paintpots for ES base, I have tried them too, but in the end, I still find that the NYX jumbo pencils work better for me. I have oily lids, and to make it worse, I also have hooded lids, so creasing is a major problem for me. I put UDPP sparingly to prime my lids first, and then spread a thin layer of the NYX JEP over my lids. It grabs the ES better (than MAC paints, at least for me), intensify the colors and lasts more than 6 hours without creasing over most my of lid (except the inner eye corner, but this is probably due to my watery eyes, it washes out whatever that is in the inner corner). I have 6 of these jumbo pencils (Cottage cheeze, Ice Mocha, Lemon, Oyster, Lavender and Dark brown) and my favourites are Ice Mocha and Lemon. Ice Mocha is PERFECT for doing bronze eyes. If I ever run out of this (will be a longgggg time, since each app only use tiny amount), will definitely buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2010 10:04:00 PM More reviews by soiia

Love this color! It matches my skintone so well and once I've blend it on my eyelids, it give a natural/nude shine that really add some depth to my eyes :)

The only problem I have with this is that it creases (just like any of nyx jumbo pencils) so I never apply too much or have an eye primer on before I apply this NYX jumbo pencils :) Definitely a must have for a subtle yet enhancing day look for school or work.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2010 1:50:00 PM More reviews by callado

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Actually, i didn't use this pencil as a eye shadow base. i use this as a eyeliner for my lower waterline. I found the shade iced mocha creates a very natural look for lower eyeliner. Sometimes a black lower liner may look pretty odd on me, but this cool brwon shade is very natural yet adding depth for my eyes! the texture is very creamy and the pigmentation is really good!! making the application easy, quick and pretty!
The only thing i hope for this product is a automatic pencil design would be perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2010 6:58:00 PM More reviews by kelseylicious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE THIS EYE SHADOW PENCIL!!!

After searching high and low for a replacement for my Clinique Touch Tint for Eyes in "Sable Shimmer", I finally found this NYX "Iced Mocha" pencil. The color is absolutely gorgeous. I use it in so many ways! All by itself over the entire lid, as a base color all over and then accent it with creme and black, OR i'll use it as eyeliner (making a wide line) and then use NYX "Vanilla Shimmer" eyeshadow on my lid and blend it into the "Iced Mocha" line which is a very pretty and not overpowering look for fair skin.

The only downside is that it does sometimes crease...but I honestly don't mind it. I'm just so happy to have found a color replacement for my beloved Clinque Touch Tint!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2010 1:44:00 AM More reviews by breebree89

This color is such a lovely bronze-taupe, great for the summer. All you need to do it put a little on your lid and spread it and pat it. It lasted all day, through humidity in 90+ weather. The only thing is I would advise not to put it right on the crease line because it creased a bit on me, but other than that, I love this product and it's so affordable :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by kimdburns

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I just purchased this Thursday and have used it the last three days with different shadows on top. i used BE Naked Beach, UD Ruthless and bronze color from my Coastal Scents palette and loved the the look of all three. Naked Beach was by far the best. I know I'm probably an anomaly as I do not own any MAC products but my intention in buying this was to come up with something close to MAC's Groundwork but I think this maybe closer to Constuctivist? Don't know, just going by online swatches. Whatever the case I love it. It's hot as heck here in Texas right now so I'm using a primer beneath but I don't think in cooler months I'll have to. Can't wait to get my UD Naked palette and combine those shadows too!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2010 11:39:00 PM More reviews by olivia09

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. I use it as a neutral eyeshadow base, and it gives shadows that extra 'umpth' and staying power. It's consistency is very creamy, and after a day of wear, and a LONG night of dancing it creased MINIMALLY...! This NYX JEP is an awesome addition to anyone's makeup collection. I will definitely continue to use and repurchase! =]

EDIT: I recently 'depenciled' my JEP in the microwave, and I love it that much more...! By far, easier to apply and store when 'depenciled'. (For depencilling instructions, head straight to youtube!) =]

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this! One of my fave jumbo pencils, it works great with brown or taupey eyeshadows. I have oily lids so I won't dare wear this alone, but it looks gorgeous with Satin Taupe or patina over it. I wear my UDPP as a base and no creasing, gotta love NYX!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2010 12:18:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this on Ebay after watching a few YouTube vidoes featuring this item as a base for shadows. Very happy and love using this for a different base than my usual go to MAC painterly paint pot. The colour is a frost light taupey brown with flecks of gold shimmer. Adds some dimension to some of my favourite brown and taupey shadows. Really love using this with MAC's Patina, as I personally find they compliment each other perfectly.
Applies with ease using my fingers to warm up the product and blends beautifully. I noticed some minor creasing, but now I use UDPP underneath which has put the creasing to a halt.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2010 7:08:00 PM More reviews by iheartcargo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this product! It is good for a base, but you can also wear it as an all over color. I don't like the lid. It seems to be really flimsy. Then again I am more of a paint pot kind of girl.. Really wanting to try more colors and will defiantly buy this color again. (: