NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Iced Mocha

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Ceresin Wax, Candelilla Wax, Bees Wax, Squalane, Hydrogenated Styrene, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oils, Polyisobutene, Butylated Hydroxy Anisole, Propyl Paraben, Mica, Talc, C.I.77499, Pearl Powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I wear a lot of neutrals/browns and was kind of getting tired of the same ole colours. When I purchased this, I wore it underneath a bunch of my eyeshadows (in the brown family) and it was like having brand new eyeshadows! It doubles as a base that doesn't crease (when applied as a thin layer), is super cheap, really creamy, highly pigmented, easily accessible and lasts a really long time. I said no to repurchasing though because its just a tiny bit lighter than "French Fries" and to me there isn't much of a difference. If I could pick one it would be "French Fries" so thats probably what I'll end up repurchasing instead.

on 9/28/2010 12:39:00 PM

I use this just about every day. It is the perfect shade of a light, taupey brown color that works well with all of my neutral eyeshadow shades, regardless of the brand.

I apply it messily to my lid, then blend and even out with an ELF flat eyeliner brush. I also apply to my lower lash line and smudge lightly, then apply shadow over it for a smoked out look.

You have to use a very light application, or else you will get creasing after a short period of time. I also use UDPP or ELF mineral primer underneath this.

My one and only complaint is that the cap that comes on these does not stay on AT ALL.

on 9/19/2010 12:09:00 PM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I absolutely love this as a eyeshadow base. I know a lot of people prefer MAC's paints and paintpots for ES base, I have tried them too, but in the end, I still find that the NYX jumbo pencils work better for me. I have oily lids, and to make it worse, I also have hooded lids, so creasing is a major problem for me. I put UDPP sparingly to prime my lids first, and then spread a thin layer of the NYX JEP over my lids. It grabs the ES better (than MAC paints, at least for me), intensify the colors and lasts more than 6 hours without creasing over most my of lid (except the inner eye corner, but this is probably due to my watery eyes, it washes out whatever that is in the inner corner). I have 6 of these jumbo pencils (Cottage cheeze, Ice Mocha, Lemon, Oyster, Lavender and Dark brown) and my favourites are Ice Mocha and Lemon. Ice Mocha is PERFECT for doing bronze eyes. If I ever run out of this (will be a longgggg time, since each app only use tiny amount), will definitely buy again!

on 9/15/2010 10:04:00 PM

Love this color! It matches my skintone so well and once I've blend it on my eyelids, it give a natural/nude shine that really add some depth to my eyes :)

The only problem I have with this is that it creases (just like any of nyx jumbo pencils) so I never apply too much or have an eye primer on before I apply this NYX jumbo pencils :) Definitely a must have for a subtle yet enhancing day look for school or work.

on 8/22/2010 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Actually, i didn't use this pencil as a eye shadow base. i use this as a eyeliner for my lower waterline. I found the shade iced mocha creates a very natural look for lower eyeliner. Sometimes a black lower liner may look pretty odd on me, but this cool brwon shade is very natural yet adding depth for my eyes! the texture is very creamy and the pigmentation is really good!! making the application easy, quick and pretty!
The only thing i hope for this product is a automatic pencil design would be perfect.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I LOVE THIS EYE SHADOW PENCIL!!!

After searching high and low for a replacement for my Clinique Touch Tint for Eyes in "Sable Shimmer", I finally found this NYX "Iced Mocha" pencil. The color is absolutely gorgeous. I use it in so many ways! All by itself over the entire lid, as a base color all over and then accent it with creme and black, OR i'll use it as eyeliner (making a wide line) and then use NYX "Vanilla Shimmer" eyeshadow on my lid and blend it into the "Iced Mocha" line which is a very pretty and not overpowering look for fair skin.

The only downside is that it does sometimes crease...but I honestly don't mind it. I'm just so happy to have found a color replacement for my beloved Clinque Touch Tint!

on 8/12/2010 1:44:00 AM

This color is such a lovely bronze-taupe, great for the summer. All you need to do it put a little on your lid and spread it and pat it. It lasted all day, through humidity in 90+ weather. The only thing is I would advise not to put it right on the crease line because it creased a bit on me, but other than that, I love this product and it's so affordable :)

on 8/2/2010 12:30:00 AM

I just purchased this Thursday and have used it the last three days with different shadows on top. i used BE Naked Beach, UD Ruthless and bronze color from my Coastal Scents palette and loved the the look of all three. Naked Beach was by far the best. I know I'm probably an anomaly as I do not own any MAC products but my intention in buying this was to come up with something close to MAC's Groundwork but I think this maybe closer to Constuctivist? Don't know, just going by online swatches. Whatever the case I love it. It's hot as heck here in Texas right now so I'm using a primer beneath but I don't think in cooler months I'll have to. Can't wait to get my UD Naked palette and combine those shadows too!

on 8/1/2010 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this product. I use it as a neutral eyeshadow base, and it gives shadows that extra 'umpth' and staying power. It's consistency is very creamy, and after a day of wear, and a LONG night of dancing it creased MINIMALLY...! This NYX JEP is an awesome addition to anyone's makeup collection. I will definitely continue to use and repurchase! =]

EDIT: I recently 'depenciled' my JEP in the microwave, and I love it that much more...! By far, easier to apply and store when 'depenciled'. (For depencilling instructions, head straight to youtube!) =]

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Love this! One of my fave jumbo pencils, it works great with brown or taupey eyeshadows. I have oily lids so I won't dare wear this alone, but it looks gorgeous with Satin Taupe or patina over it. I wear my UDPP as a base and no creasing, gotta love NYX!!

Top Rated NYX Products