October 31, 2014 | 1568 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by rani003

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

As someone mentioned below, I also feel I have to write a review because the ratings for this Clinique foundation are too low!

Firstly, I have dry combination skin in the summer and in the winter, I have extremely uncomfortably dry skin. I have tried alot of foundations for winter wear and nothing feels as good as Clinique supermoisture foundation. This foundation almost has a gel-like texture to it...similar to MAC studio sculpt, but it is alot more comfortable than any MAC foundations. The foundation is meant to moisture your skin throughout the day and I have to say how impressed I am. It really does work!

It covers beautifully...a tip though is to apply it with your fingers - like you would do with a moisturiser. This is because the texture of it is not very fluid and it feels more comfortable on your skin if you press it into your skin.

It has a sheer-moderate coverage...depending on how much you build it up and it comes in a squeezy tube which helps with the application I guess.

I dont agree with the reviews that there is glitter in the foundation! There is absolutely no way on earth there is glitter in it. I would describe it as subtle shimmer to give a dewy finish, and it does achieve that, but it is definitely not unbearable or obvious. When I wear it, my skin feels comfortable and looks even and radiant.

Bearing that in mind, I would definitely not recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin. In the summer i have quite an oily t-zone and this foundation slides off, but for the winter season...Clinique Supermoisture is definitely my staple foundation! :-)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/6/2010 5:00:00 PM More reviews by geckowoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used to love this product when I used it around my eyes because it stayed moist and didn't dry out the sensitive skin. The problem is, it makes you look like a disco ball! It has a ton of shimmer in it and it's very, very fine, so you might not see it right away, but trust me, it's there. I will never use it again. If it didn't have the shimmer, it would be a keeper. It goes on smoothly and looks pretty good, except for the shimmer. No matter how much powder I put over it, my face would just shine and not in a good way.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2010 5:53:00 AM More reviews by g_82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like the dewy finish of this foundation. However it is not very smooth to apply. At first I applied it in blending motion and it was kind of streaky and didn't blend in. Then I found out that if I apply it in pressing motion (i.e. no rubbing), the result would be much better.

I usually mix the foundation with Fancl sunscreen to achieve a sheerer and more natural coverage. Using it alone will give you a medium coverage. The shimmers in the foundation are actually very fine. They don't make me look like a disco ball at all but simply brighten up my complexion.It's not particularly hydrating, but definately not drying.

Overal it's a decent foundation. But I'm sure there are better ones out there with similar prices.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2010 8:18:00 AM More reviews by lamarta

It's a long time without writing a review, but after trying this foundation and reading some bad reviews I feel like I have to...

This foundation is really great for people with normal, slightly to very dry skin, that wants sheer (but buildable) coverage, wants to even out the skin tone, doesn't expect from it to correct obvious blemishes, and looks for a dewy (not matte at all!) finish. If you are one of these women this is your foundation, otherwise don't even think about buying it or you'll regret it and complain that it's too oily etc...

About the shimmer, to be honest I almost don't notice it, I saw it a bit when I tried it on my hand but not on the face, and in any case it just makes my skin look nice, natural and healthy.

One foundation you can compare it with is the BB Skin Foundation, but I find the Clinique one more moisturizing, longlasting and cheaper, so I'm gonna stick with this one!

And again, if you have slightly olily skin don't even think about it, it's really not for you! Hope it helps :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by MILFof3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this foundation for the winter. I have really dry skin and it gets even worse during the winter. This really helps. I can't really wear it during the summer b/c it's super shimmery in the bright sun and melts off in the humidity.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2010 6:25:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This foundation did not work with my skin. In fact none of the Clinique foundations have worked on me..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2010 8:20:00 PM More reviews by elena85

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

Things I like about this product: 1) The dewy finish. 2) Its inexpensive. 2) The color match was good. 4) It doesn't accentuate dry spots. But the main reason I don't like this product and will not re-purchase as a result is because of the very noticeable glitter particles in it. I have products that have shimmer and I like to look glowy but this is straight up glitter. My preference is soft shimmer that makes you glowing but not obvious and for that reason it is not a good fit for me. I do like the moisture and the dewiness it gives so I'm keeping it to wear in the winter when the sun is not out as much. I think if this is a worry for you, definitely try it out at the counter first before purchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/27/2010 3:55:00 AM More reviews by zdekennedy

I had the lightest shade of the foundation, and the color still turned up orange and too dark on my fair skin. While i liked the light coverage, it ended up causing my skin to break out my sensitive skin.

I was impressed with its moisturizing qualities, but overall was not a good fit for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2010 7:30:00 AM More reviews by iramasson

I have used a number of samples of shade 4 and still am not sure how I feel about this. It is definitely the most moisturizing foundation I have ever used. I doesn't accentuate any dry spots. My main problem with it is how it wears: by midday my face never looks fresh. It actually looks as if the foundation has oxidized a little and rubbed off. For the price I am not wowed as yet....

rated 3 of 5 on 6/27/2010 10:08:00 PM More reviews by strawberry8893

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To mskozie:
you can get clinique makeup, and especially this one in sephora, or at the bay.

hope that helps :)