Clinique Supermoisture Makeup

3.4

Ingredients: water, butylene glycol, glycerin, cyclopentasiloxane, neopentyl glycol diheptanoate, dimethicone, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxyethyl dimethicone, evening primrose oil, peg-10 dimethicone, cladosiphon okamuranus extract, olive fruit extract, cranberry fruit extract, birch bark extract, aloe leaf water, cholesterol, sodium mannose phosphate, trehalose, tocopheryl acetate, sorbitol, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, sodium hyaluronate, lecithin, trihydroxystearin, lauroyl lusine, dimethicone/peg 10-15 crosspolymer, zinc stearate, methyl methacrylate crosspolymer, laureth-7, triethoxycaprylysilane, dextrin, magnesium aluminum silicate, sodium chloride, caprylyl glycol, xanthan gum, hexylene glycol, disodium edta, sodium dehydroacetate, phenoxyethanol, mica, iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499), titanium dioxide (ci 77891) [iln32599].

on 12/9/2010 9:48:00 PM

I found my HG color in Bisque, but I don't see it on the Clinique website now. Too bad, because I am a hard match, and this was terrific. My skin has cool undertones but sallow overtones, which is tricky. The worst mistake I make is to accidentally buy warm-colored foundations because they turn fake orange or sickly yellow on my face. The trick is to find a neutral base with just enough pink to push the foundation toward the color of my cheeks. Bisque was just right. It made my skin clear and glowing. Women with Mediterranean skin who look better in ash brown hair than gold or red hair and blue-red rather than yellow-red look great in this color.
My only complaints were these: Supermoisture Makeup has those obnoxious, opalescent mineral particles that are so popular now. I don't like sparkles on my face. Also, this makeup is difficult to remove. It requires makeup remover and pads. I prefer an easy soap-up in the shower followed by light moisterizer.

Optimally, I would love this color without the sparkes in a sheer, easy-to-remove base.

on 12/8/2010 3:34:00 PM

I have normal/dry skin and this works pretty good for me! I would buy it again, decent price. medium coverage.buildable.

on 11/25/2010 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

As someone mentioned below, I also feel I have to write a review because the ratings for this Clinique foundation are too low!

Firstly, I have dry combination skin in the summer and in the winter, I have extremely uncomfortably dry skin. I have tried alot of foundations for winter wear and nothing feels as good as Clinique supermoisture foundation. This foundation almost has a gel-like texture to it...similar to MAC studio sculpt, but it is alot more comfortable than any MAC foundations. The foundation is meant to moisture your skin throughout the day and I have to say how impressed I am. It really does work!

It covers beautifully...a tip though is to apply it with your fingers - like you would do with a moisturiser. This is because the texture of it is not very fluid and it feels more comfortable on your skin if you press it into your skin.

It has a sheer-moderate coverage...depending on how much you build it up and it comes in a squeezy tube which helps with the application I guess.

I dont agree with the reviews that there is glitter in the foundation! There is absolutely no way on earth there is glitter in it. I would describe it as subtle shimmer to give a dewy finish, and it does achieve that, but it is definitely not unbearable or obvious. When I wear it, my skin feels comfortable and looks even and radiant.

Bearing that in mind, I would definitely not recommend this foundation to anyone with oily skin. In the summer i have quite an oily t-zone and this foundation slides off, but for the winter season...Clinique Supermoisture is definitely my staple foundation! :-)

on 10/6/2010 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I used to love this product when I used it around my eyes because it stayed moist and didn't dry out the sensitive skin. The problem is, it makes you look like a disco ball! It has a ton of shimmer in it and it's very, very fine, so you might not see it right away, but trust me, it's there. I will never use it again. If it didn't have the shimmer, it would be a keeper. It goes on smoothly and looks pretty good, except for the shimmer. No matter how much powder I put over it, my face would just shine and not in a good way.

on 10/5/2010 5:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I like the dewy finish of this foundation. However it is not very smooth to apply. At first I applied it in blending motion and it was kind of streaky and didn't blend in. Then I found out that if I apply it in pressing motion (i.e. no rubbing), the result would be much better.

I usually mix the foundation with Fancl sunscreen to achieve a sheerer and more natural coverage. Using it alone will give you a medium coverage. The shimmers in the foundation are actually very fine. They don't make me look like a disco ball at all but simply brighten up my complexion.It's not particularly hydrating, but definately not drying.

Overal it's a decent foundation. But I'm sure there are better ones out there with similar prices.

on 10/1/2010 8:18:00 AM

It's a long time without writing a review, but after trying this foundation and reading some bad reviews I feel like I have to...

This foundation is really great for people with normal, slightly to very dry skin, that wants sheer (but buildable) coverage, wants to even out the skin tone, doesn't expect from it to correct obvious blemishes, and looks for a dewy (not matte at all!) finish. If you are one of these women this is your foundation, otherwise don't even think about buying it or you'll regret it and complain that it's too oily etc...

About the shimmer, to be honest I almost don't notice it, I saw it a bit when I tried it on my hand but not on the face, and in any case it just makes my skin look nice, natural and healthy.

One foundation you can compare it with is the BB Skin Foundation, but I find the Clinique one more moisturizing, longlasting and cheaper, so I'm gonna stick with this one!

And again, if you have slightly olily skin don't even think about it, it's really not for you! Hope it helps :)

on 8/23/2010 11:31:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like this foundation for the winter. I have really dry skin and it gets even worse during the winter. This really helps. I can't really wear it during the summer b/c it's super shimmery in the bright sun and melts off in the humidity.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This foundation did not work with my skin. In fact none of the Clinique foundations have worked on me..

on 8/3/2010 8:20:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

Things I like about this product: 1) The dewy finish. 2) Its inexpensive. 2) The color match was good. 4) It doesn't accentuate dry spots. But the main reason I don't like this product and will not re-purchase as a result is because of the very noticeable glitter particles in it. I have products that have shimmer and I like to look glowy but this is straight up glitter. My preference is soft shimmer that makes you glowing but not obvious and for that reason it is not a good fit for me. I do like the moisture and the dewiness it gives so I'm keeping it to wear in the winter when the sun is not out as much. I think if this is a worry for you, definitely try it out at the counter first before purchasing.

on 7/27/2010 3:55:00 AM

I had the lightest shade of the foundation, and the color still turned up orange and too dark on my fair skin. While i liked the light coverage, it ended up causing my skin to break out my sensitive skin.

I was impressed with its moisturizing qualities, but overall was not a good fit for me.