NARS The Multiple in Orgasm

3.6

Talc, Cetearyl Isononanoate, Zinc Stearate, Silica, Cetyl Acetate, Stearoxy Dimethicone, Isopropyl Lanolate, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Triclosan, Bha. May Contain: Mica, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77491 Ci 77492 Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides), Ci 15850 (Red 7 Lake), Ci 45380 (Red 22 Lake), Ci 45410 (Red 28 Lake), Ci 73360 (Red 30 Lake), Ci 17200 (Red 33 Lake), Ci 15880 (Red 34 Lake), Ci 12085 (Red 36), Ci 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake), Ci 15985 (Yellow 6 Lake), Ci 42090 (Blue 1 Lake), Ci 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), Ci 77007 (Ultramarines), Ci 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens), Ci 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Ci 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide), Ci 77742 (Manganese Violet), Ci 75470 (Carmine).

on 12/19/2011 8:29:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Colour: pink/peach with high golden shimmer. This works best as a blush, because it blends so well on the cheeks and looks very natural. You can dab it on or lightly stroke the product on your cheeks and blend from there. In terms of eyeshadow or lip use: too much work and/or the consistency isn't right for either.

I didn't like how the high gold shimmer accentuated my pores. It was actually shocking, and I wiped the product off of my cheeks immediately. I think those who don't have noticeable pores, this blush would be gorgeous on you. But it was a huge no-no for me.

For eyes, the product didn't look right and turned into a grease zone (creased within a half hour). This is definitely not Nars eyeshadow quality, so I didnt use it for my eyes after trying to make it work.
For lips, it felt pasty/chalky and it ended up drying my lips. Imagine putting cream eyeshadow on your lips; doesn't quite work.

Overall, it's way too expensive to spend the $46 for just a blush. The packaging is very classy and slick, but I ended up returning it to Sephora. Booo!

on 11/25/2011 1:44:00 AM

I love it but it is pricey but really you wouldn't have to buy a new one for a while.

on 11/23/2011 1:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I can't say $39 for a product that I will use primarily as blush is near inexpensive, but it works great. The best thing about it is it is long-lasting throughout the day. I applied it before work and about 14 hours later it looks as fresh as it did in the morning. That's a pretty good value since it saves me from having to do any touch ups throughout the day. I have NC30 coloring year round and this product seems to provide the perfect glow for the day time (into night). I was disappointed when I first bought it and tried it on bare skin because it didn't really do much; however, the color really comes out subtly in a big way after a dusting of powder and some eye makeup. I love it and would definitely recommend it to any girl on the go who still wants to get her glow on :)

on 10/20/2011 7:25:00 PM

Orgasm was the cliché iconic first NARS product I ever bought, quite honestly I think I bought it more because of the witty name and all the hype than actually the wearable aspect. Of course being pale the color fitted me to a tee and it remains one of the few shimmer infused blushes that a man can wear without it verging on costume-y.

The Multiples have always exerted a fascination in me as a consumer, but I could never tell which one I wanted to buy considering that I can only try out NARS products in the store when I travel so I kept pushing the purchase further and further until I made up my mind and bought The Multiple Orgasm.

I love its versatility, I mostly use it as a blush, I take it with me when I travel, I reapply it stick directly on my cheeks, with a brush, blend 'em with my fingers or with a brush, it's just a wonderful product. To me, anything that is cream or stick based and doesn't turn to a mess is a godsend formula, I've applied it to my lips sparingly (the gold can be a bit too unforgiving) and I do think the texture is ever so slightly dry for lips but if you apply a balm beneath I'm sure you'll do fine.

Definitely this is one of those products that reads "in my bag" or "vacation", I didn't wear the product on my lids because I only wear matte eyeshadow and while it can be a little pricy, it definitely is one of those products that lasts forever, so it's a solid investment.

on 10/15/2011 3:35:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

The only reason I would not repurchase is because this product is huge, it might take me years to get through it all.

This multiple really can go everywhere- lips, cheeks, and eyes. However, on eyes it needs to be set with powder. On cheeks it imparts a lovely glow, but it is due to shimmer and slight gold frost. It looks very light on lips but disappears faster than lip gloss. I'd really only recommend to use on the cheeks.

The consistency is very powdery, which is strange because it's a cream but it dries extremely fast. This doesn't have a scent.

on 10/7/2011 1:24:00 AM

I bought this product because of all the rave reviews, and because I wanted a cute pink blush which would look dewy and fresh. Overall I think it is average, and not worth half the hype. Smooth, even, glowing cheeks can be achieved much better with a powder blush.

The colour in the tube looks like a beautiful bright pink with peachy gold shimmer. When it is applied it is fairly weak, and tends to disappear when it is blended out. It's quite glittery, which can look ok in the evening or in low light, but I'd be hesitant to wear it out in broad daylight. It is smooth in consistency, and has a powdery dry finish.

Problem 1: blending. It's not easy to blend as flawlessly as a powder blush. Also, if you touch your face the colour moves.

Problem 2: longevity. I find that it disappears FAST. Within a few hours there is only a sparkly residue left where the pink should have been...where does it go!? I've tried putting translucent powder over the top to set it (which defeats the reason I wear it - to look dewy and fresh), but it still doesn't stay.

Overall I think that this product does look nice when you first apply it, but it is (a) a bit too glittery (b) not easy to apply evenly and (c) has no staying power. I get way nicer results with a powder blush!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I got a mini version of this in a NARS kit I purchased, not expecting too much of this (I have and love the Orgasm blush in powdered form, thank you very much), but to be honest, I loved this even more. I'm super lazy and hate washing brushes, so this is about perfect for me since I only have to use my fingers. It's malleable and easy to work with. I haven't had my little guy for very long and I've already used half of it, which kinda sucks but I guess that's why the regular sized one is so honking huge. I would definitely buy the full version if I didn't already have more than enough blushes (while unfortunately not having more than enough money), so I'll try to ration what I have left of my mini version. :)

on 8/15/2011 2:28:00 PM

I bought this as my first NARS product a few months ago, and i've never looked back! i've used it everyday, and its hardly gone down at all! i'm so impressed, i wasn't sure what to expect with a dual-use product, but i LOVE IT, and would 100% recommend. I use it on my cheekbones only, and it gives off such a nice shimmer, i've had so many compliments since using it! definitely worth the money.

on 8/15/2011 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes, this Multiple is pretty dry. This is actually the driest Multiple I have (I have St. Barts, Malibu, Copacablanca, Tuomota, and this), but you don't need to rub it much for the colors to deposit. It is glittery/shimmery, but I like it that way (the shimmers actually don't show much on me, so it makes a pretty good highlighter). What really disappoints me however was that I expected this color to be like the Orgasm powder blush, when in reality it's really like Deep Throat. I want the peachy pinky pink color of Orgasm with the intense gold shimmers, but instead I got more of a pinky shimmery peach (leaning more on peach than pink) I see most of the time when I use Deep Throat. I have nothing against Deep Throat, but I just find that blush too boring :-(
So, I also find this Multiple a bit boring. *sigh* I wish they release a Super Orgasm Multiple with that bright light pink (but toned down on the humongous glitters) that I absolutely love <3 <3

on 7/29/2011 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been looking for a product like this!! I have pronounced cheekbones and I'm not very patient or skilled at applying makeup. So very pigmented blushes can be a nightmare on me, esp when I'm in a rush. This is perfect on the run makeup because it adds glow to my skin after I've evened out my skintone (either with a quick run of foundation or concealer with a brush) and it lasted all day. I put it on at 8am and spent an entire day at the beach (with sunblock and cream foundation under) and at 10pm I still looked pretty (from the Multiple, trust me). I don't know how Nars got this formulation sheer and long lasting.

Top Rated NARS Products