Spectro Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

4.1

Aqua, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Hydroxypropyl Methocellulose, Polysorbate 20, Cetyl Alcohol (moisturizer), Hydrated Silica, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Sorbitan Oleate.

on 3/2/2012 12:40:00 PM

I've used this off and on over the years in my quest for the perfect cleanser. I couldn't recall why I stopped using it years back till now. It left me with several chin cysts. I rarely get cysts unless I mess with products that cause them. I mostly get little wee papules from cosmetics, with the occasional rash of hormonal zits.
Anyway, encouraged by how gentle this was and the rave reviews, I gave it a try for a week. Bad choice for me. I knew this would not remove makeup, but I never expect any cleanser to do this, so currently I use Clean & Clear makeup remover cloths, before my wash, sometimes BP, and moisturizer.

Anyway, I used this with my wee silicone face buff/scrub thing for thirty seconds. Even used in the shower, with plenty of rinsing, I felt "filmy".

I figure this isn't for me because it a) left a film I couldn't remove b) left me with more oil production c) irritated me for whatever reason due to some mystery ingredient I've yet to identify.

I think most folks are fine to use this, but I'm frustratingly doomed to walk this earth in search of my perfect cleanser. Currently back on Alba Pineapple Enzyme cleanser, which I do love, especially in summer, but am finding a bit drying in the winter months.
*le sigh*

on 2/28/2012 8:59:00 AM

I LOVE this face wash! It cleared my acne after a couple washes, it's very gentle and doesnt leave my skin tight or dry. I use it twice a day and it works like a charm. Definitely recommend it!

on 1/30/2012 9:22:00 AM

The most gentle cleanser on the market.. I use it when my skin feels oily but I'm not wearing any makeup, because it doesn't get it off at all- a huge downfall for me.

on 1/15/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I personally love this cleanser, but it's absolutely not for everyone.

PROS
-It's super gentle. This is one of the first cleansers that I've used that did not dry out or irritate my skin. In fact, I can safely use it twice a day even during the winter months when my skin is already dry and patchy and this will not cause flakiness or a tight feeling.
-Fragrance free.
-Very affordable.
-For me, it keeps breakouts at bay and leaves me with a clean, refreshed feeling after washing.

CONS
-Though this product claims to be for "blemish-prone" skin, it really does no good for women who are super oily or have acne. If you have those problems, you'll need something stronger than this.
-Does not take off makeup well at all. This isn't a big problem for me since I don't wear foundation on a daily basis (just concealer, blush and sometimes powder for "face" makeup).

To sum it up, if your skin is generally pretty good and you don't wear lots of face makeup, this is an ideal cleanser. But if you have acne, very oily skin or wear much face makeup, go for something more potent then this.

on 1/9/2012 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This cleanser is very gentle and soothing, doesn't dry out the skin, is fragrance free, and feels nice. The one thing that's a deal breaker for me is that it does not remove makeup very well at all. No matter how much product I use or how long I massage the cleanser in, traces of makeup remain. I think this is good to use when I'm not wearing makeup, like in the mornings, and it's probably good for those with sensitive skin. But I wouldn't repurchase because makeup removal is really important.

on 12/13/2011 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use this daily and I am on my second bottle of this. =)
I have hormonal monthly breakouts, but when I was younger this was a great cleanser too.

I found that it didn't work right away. It took about a week before I could actually see results. I used to have oily skin but not anymore. I'm not sure if it's related to this product at all or because I'm getting older now haha

Pro:
-Gentle
-Non-drying
-So cheap omg!

Con:
-if you have very very oily skin you will need something else on top of this **
-does not take off makeup

Note: I found this only prevents further breakouts.
**The Shiseido Pureness cleanser worked great when I had very oily skin

This was somewhat hard for me to find. I've seen this at Superstore and occasionally at Shoppers Drugs Mart and Walmart.
Also the lotion that goes with this the best I've tried even against some high-end brands if you have combo skin.

on 8/21/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I would have to say that this cleanser is only "so-so." I'm a teen. A couple of years ago, my doctor recommended this as a cleanser for my light acne (which are really just some small bumps). I tried this but there are some issues I've had with it. The first is that, though my face looks very clean and bright after, I found that it didn't help my breakouts much. Also, my face was very oily on the T-Zone. Another thing that I just couldn't get over was the smell. It smelled so much of alcohal! I think the problem is that it's way too gentle. I have combination skin, but for all of you who have sensitive skin, it's probably a product to try.

on 8/18/2011 12:04:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This cleanser doesn't really do much. It's very gentle but it doesn't clean off makeup or help blemishes.

on 6/5/2011 9:53:00 PM

This stuff is great for problem prone skin, but for those who wear makeup or sunscreen that needs removing, it is far to gentle to do anything.

on 5/26/2011 9:22:00 PM

This cleanser is great -- I have finicky, dry/combination skin that breaks out when I use most kinds of soap cleansers. This product has absolutely improved my skin. Once or twice a week I use it with a wash cloth for a better scrub, otherwise just massage it around and rinse.