August 31, 2014 | 1377 users online

Cleansers - Spectro - Spectro Jel Cleanser for Blemish-Prone Skin (Fragrance Free)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2011 9:22:00 PM More reviews by anniecoola

This cleanser is great -- I have finicky, dry/combination skin that breaks out when I use most kinds of soap cleansers. This product has absolutely improved my skin. Once or twice a week I use it with a wash cloth for a better scrub, otherwise just massage it around and rinse.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2011 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

After seeing the great reviews on this product, I thought I'd try it out. My skin breaks out mainly during that time of month, but I wanted to get a new cleanser that would be gentle on my skin. After using this product for the past two weeks, I've been breaking out in blemishes ALL over my face. They are not red, but I have tiny bumps every where! I have no idea why this has been happening, and the only change I've made in my skin care routine has been using this cleanser. On days I have not used this cleanser, my skin started to clear up. But again I used it today and my skin broke out even more. I am SO disappointed and really upset, because I bought two big bottles of this stuff! I only used this cleanser in the morning with my Clarisonic, so it wasn't that it left makeup residue on my face. Maybe this cleanser is just too gentle to clean regular oil build up during the night. I don't recommend this. :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by dahlia4

I've been using this product for six years already, and will definitely continue to! I'm going to say right now that while it hasn't eliminated my acne it's helped, but it is the best facial cleanser i've tried (tried cetaphil, natural cleansers, noxzema, among others). it has very little smell, and i personally prefer the jel consistency. it leaves my face feeling fresh and clean without any drying effects. a plus is the large container it comes in, which lasts several months and is worth the $15 or so you pay for it. the only downside is that when it starts running low the pump doesn't work and you need to tip it upside down, sometime making it difficult to get the last few bits out.

i would highly recommend this to anyone out there looking for a gentle and efficient cleanser. just rely on toner/spot treatment for targeting acne.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:33:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like how gentle this cleanser is but it doesn't really clean my face as much as I wanted it to so I need to remove makeup and roughly clean my face before using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2011 6:43:00 PM More reviews by srmakeupalley

I love this cleanser!! Before using this I kept trying different face washes hoping to finally find something that would work on my skin. This cleanser is the one I've found that finally works! It was recommended to me by my dermatologist so I took home the samples to try. I have been using it ever since (for about 4 or so years).I love the gel texture of it. It helps me maintain my skin's condition and it doesn't make me break out. I also love that it is so inexpensive..you get a lot of product for a low price. I won't use any other cleanser on my face! Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 10:58:00 PM More reviews by ebonyamberjade

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My holy grail cleanser. I simply love this product. I have very sensitive temperamental skin and it is SOOOO difficult to find a cleanser that doesn't cause me problems. I googled "cleansers for sensitive skin" and I was lucky enough to come across a site that recommended this product.

I order from well.ca and I get the large 500mL bottle. Yes the shipping is expensive if you live outside Canada, but it is totally worth it.

As with every any cleanser that is not oil based, I would not recommend this as a makeup remover. However that is simply my preference, since I have skin that clings to makeup and I always need an oil based product to coax it off. But I am sure there are many people who can use this to take off their makeup and it works just fine on its own.

As a basic everyday cleanser, this is the best I have found so far!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2010 11:45:00 PM More reviews by sarahrahrah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

THIS IS THE BEST CLEANSER! It makes my skin feel so clean, soft, and refreshed. There is hardly any make-up residue on the pad when I use toner after cleansing with this. I massage it into my skin for about 45 seconds to a minute and it removes my moisturizer with SPF, mascara, powder foundation, and long-lasting concealer. It never irritates my sensitive skin and contains no fragrance or other potentially irritating ingredients. This cleanser has also improved the tone and texture of my skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/11/2010 5:29:00 PM More reviews by lpiao

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Edit: I decided to try this again after my skin have calmed down, my skin did not react, so maybe it was something else. It has been about a week since I started using this again, have not seen any results yet. But YES to no stinging when I wash my face.

I went and got this product after reading so many good reviews. I have dry combination skin. I have been getting big painful cystic acne, nothing has worked on my skin so far. To make matter worse, over the summer I developed a bad rash around my hair line and eyelid. Now my skin is very sensitive and cannot use harsh products. I have only been using this for 3 days. I don't know if I am using this wrong or something. I woke up with dry patchy and itchy skin. I thought this product is supposed to be non-drying.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:29:00 AM More reviews by internetgirl

I changed from using dermae to this brand hoping it would work better. But it didn't. I usually just break out on my right cheek. But it made me break out in places like my forehead, my left cheek, and my chin. I usually don't break out in those places before. My right cheek which usually have sparse and moderately small pimples started breaking out with crysts! I use this cleanser with the spectro jel cream and it felt drying so I have to put on a lot to maintain the moisture.

Edit: After using this for 2-3 months my acne calm down a bit. But it still broke me out in places where I usually don't get acne like my forehead and my left jawline. I think this has to do with my combination skin which is tricky to treat. It's not strong enough for my oily t-zone and too drying for my cheeks. But this product might be good for those who have slightly oily skin evenly on their face.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by bigbu

I think they changed the formula of this one, I bought a small sample of this one 3 months ago before they changed it to fragrant free instead of " soap free, fragrant free". The old formula clean my face completely, I just needed to use a lot of it but it does its job. THe new formula doesnt clean my face at all. Now I just use it in the morning to refresh my skin but it doesnt really do that job well. I will keep looking for my cleanser.