Neutrogena T/Gel

3.8

Active Ingredient: Coal Tar 0.5% Inactive Ingredients: Water, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamide MEA, Laureth-4, Fragrance, Polysorbate 20, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, DMDM Hydantoin

on 12/8/2005 8:06:00 PM

I have psoriasis, and my scalp sometimes becomes crazy red and flaky. I have tried everything, spending big bucks on things that promises to do miracles - but in vain. I have also tried other brands with coal tar in them, but they weren't as effective. Getting T-Gel isn't easy at where I live, but I tell you it is worth it.

on 11/11/2005 11:36:00 AM

I use the T-Gel Therapeutic Shampoo and it is the only shampoo that has cleared my scalp psoriasis COMPLETELY after just two weeks' use (and I've had the condition for 14 years). It is my HG shampoo and I will not be without it. I've tried Polytar, Head and Shoulders and Aveda Scalp Treatment. Nothing works, only T-Gel.
I use this as a bodywash too (with a couple of handfuls of dead sea salts in the bath water). I rinse off with fresh, tepid water and apply Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula or Garnier body cream afterwards and the psoriasis on my body has now virtually all gone - AMAZING. After all my trips to the hospital and countless prescription and non-prescription treatments I've found my "cure" - Thank you Neutrogena!!

on 11/9/2005 8:29:00 AM

Made no difference what so ever. If anything I think it dried my scalp even more.

on 5/19/2005 12:04:00 PM

Works okay--although multiple washes are a given. However, the smell is nearly intolerable...

on 4/27/2005 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Didn't really work for me. Also dried out my hair.

on 3/31/2005 8:15:00 PM

Great for dandruff flare-ups! I have to use it at least 3 or 4 times to see a difference though. So, if you stick with it for a week or two it should make a difference for you!

on 3/29/2005 5:26:00 PM

i have an itchy dry, scalp. I thought this would help, but it didnt help much. I have to wash my hair everyday in order for my hair notto itch and its drying my hair. I'm still searching for another that would help my itchy dry scalp but t-gel didnt help.

on 3/14/2005 8:27:00 AM

i have very dark fine hair and was surprised to find dandruff all of a sudden. it wasn't just small little flakes, it was huge and disgusting. i tried everything, including using listerine on my head and the only thing that worked to COMPLETELY get rid of my dandruff is t-gel. good stuff, i don't care about it drying my hair out (well, i'm lucky my hair is alright naturally) as long as i no longer have those nasty flakes on my scalp!

on 2/9/2005 3:35:00 AM

before i started using this stuff, i would consistently have this dry, itchy, greasy buildup on my scalp. nasty. but when i started using this... good all day. i've been without it before... and it's not a pretty site. love it, can't live without it.

on 1/22/2005 2:13:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

Well, umm, I have mild seborrheic dermatitis and I thought I'd give this a shot. It is impossible to get into my hair and lather, the smell is one of the most foul and disgusting smells I've ever had the displeasure of coming across, and it's an overall unpleasant experience. I've found other things out there that didn't require stopping my cell turnover with tar to fix my problem. I've found that Head and Shoulders intensive treatment does the trick and doesn't smell like poo.