The Body Shop Vitamin C Micro Refiner

4.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

aqua, sodium diatomeae, glycerin, prunus dulcis, dimethicone, butyruspernum parkii, cetearyl alcohol, glyceryl stearate, phenoxyethanol, PEG-100 stearate, acrylates/C10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, polysorbate 60, methylparaben, xanthan gum, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, propylparaben, sodium hydroxide, parfum, limonene, disodium EDTA, linalool, benzyl benzoate, hexyl cinnamal, citrus dulcis, citrus grandis, citronellol, citral, geraniol, benzyl alcohol.

on 12/25/2008 4:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This product makes my skin feel smooth and soft. Also, I feel like my skin has become more radiant since I started using it! While it is a little pricey, it is comparable to all other upscale, expensive brands, and it's worth it!

on 10/13/2008 10:58:00 PM

Well - after reading reviews on here, I really wanted to try this! So I went and bought it today and had a go. So far, I really really love the citrusy smell! other scrubs i've used have felt like they haven't really gotten rid of whatever is stuck in my pores, but the teeny weeny little granule things in this are really hard working, and my skin feels fantastic and soft. it wasn't too drying as well, which is a complete bonus. i'm guessing because they're such small little particles that they will get rid of even the smallest dead skin cells, so they'll most likely reveal nicer skin, hence the 'brightening' promises.
will keep updating as i use this more, but it's probably the best scrub i've used so far! HG perhaps???

on 8/18/2008 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

Wow. In one use, I have found my HG scrub (sorry, Benefit Honey scrub!) It looks like an ordinary cream, but start massaging into your skin, and its SO gritty, it really is microfine! Probably not good for sensitive skin, even my dry areas were a bit red after use, but after the three steps, and moisturiser, and a good sleep... my skin was so smooth, so evened out, I was stunned. Amazing product, not overly strong citrus scent, and affordable!

I bought this a couple of weeks ago and was told by the SA what a great product it was, but if I had sensitive skin, then to maybe only use it once a week to once every two weeks (my skin is so sensitive that I cannot even use a facecloth without it leaving lines all over my face). I decided to try it anyways because of the reviews on here. So far, I have used it twice in the past 2 weeks (just once a week because I burned my face at the beach so I waited to use it the second time until my burn had disappeared) and I think I really do like this product. Although I was warned about the sensitivity of my skin and this product, I actually don't have a problem with this product. I'm not sure if it is the medication that I am on for my acne or a combo of that and this product, but I find that right after I am done my shower, I end up having a shine where I used this product. I usually dab some moisturizer on and am fine though :)

on 7/15/2008 9:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This product has changed the way I look at exfoliators! Once you use this, you will never, ever, ever, never use a regular "everyday" exfoliator again. This stuff is intense! The first few uses it almost hurts, but in such a good way! This leaves skin baby, velvety, soft. Over time I think this product makes skin texture smoother and tone brighter. The granuals are teeny tiny and you only need to use a tiny amount to get the job done. The scent is fresh and citrusy. Despite the warning that this product is not for sensitive skin, I have sensitive skin and have had no problems. Seriously, I think I almost have a spiritual experience every time I use this product, which is why I use it twice per week rather than once per week as the directions suggest. What's really awesome is that this product lasts FOREVER - I've had my bottle since January (it's July) and still have about half the tube left!!! Yeah, $26 seems a bit much, but you'll probably only need to buy it once per year.

on 7/12/2008 8:43:00 PM

I love these home "micro" exfoliators. Granted, I have only used Avon's to compare this with (loved it, chemical smell put me off a bit though) but I am definitely always going to have a "micro scrubber" in my bathroom!

First off, it has that lovely orange fragrance. I would buy this if it didn't have the fragrance but it is a nice pick me up in the mornings. This scrub comes in a bright orange tube, with a flip-top lid as the base. The scrub itself is white & has a creamy texture but the teeny little scrubbies work so softly on my face, leaving it smooth like a babies bum!

Overall, I picked "No" for repurchasing, because, at $26 for 75ml (I think), it is on the expensive side, and I could get Avon's much cheaper. Saying that though, because it is so concentrated, you only need to use a tiny amount (I use barely a pea size amount and it is enough to scrub my whole face, and neck). So I guess my answer to repurchasing should really be a "Maybe" lol.

on 5/6/2008 4:07:00 PM

Pretty much the same comments as everyone else..

the citrus smell is sooooo good & refreshing
after using it, my skin immediately feels softer & smoother
the tiny beads feels a lot more gentle than other scrubs I use cuz its "micro"
The only bad thing I can say about this is that I didn't find my skin has brightened.
But other than that, I think it's a great product!

on 4/25/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a HG exfoliator.

I bought one for myself and had to buy two more cause my mum and sister loved it so much as well.

It smells lovely and citrus(ey), and has really really tiny small grains which when you rub in a circular motion, really removes all dead skin and leaves your skin feeling soft and rejuvenated (especially when you moisturize afterwards!).

One of my friends always uses this before she gets ready to go for a night out, as she finds this gets rid of all red patches/marks on the skin and leaves you with a better base for make up :]

on 4/8/2008 11:28:00 AM

I have very sensitive skin; oily spots, dry spots, prone to acne and blackheads, a couple patches of eczema. The type if skin that will either break out or get rashy with the use of most products.

I was trying to describe my skin to the SA and she recommended this. I was hesitant because of the sensitivity of my skin and while I can use gentle scrubs so far most have contained ingredients that cause me problems. She said that she uses Retin-A and she's still ok with this but even that didn't quite sell me on it.
So she gave me a really nice sized sample, along with samples of some other products so I could see for myself.
The sample she gave me lasted through 4 uses, pretty impressive for a sample.
I've seen a small difference in the clarity of my skin, nothing major but even more importantly (for me anyway) is that there has been a difference and without irritation or breakouts.
I plan on heading over to the mall today to pick up a full size tube, this is one of the rare skin care products I'm willing to spend a bit of money on.

LOVE this stuff. Last summer, I got hooked on the vitamin C face wash, and because a friend of mine worked at the Body Shop, I asked her to pick me up a tube. She accidentally got me the Micro Refiner instead and I'm soo glad she did. This leaves stuff leaves my skin baby soft and smooth. It's especially great during winter time when it sloughs off all those dry patches.