July 28, 2014 | 1825 users online

Scrubs - The Body Shop - Vitamin C Micro Refiner

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2008 9:11:00 PM More reviews by emon79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product has changed the way I look at exfoliators! Once you use this, you will never, ever, ever, never use a regular "everyday" exfoliator again. This stuff is intense! The first few uses it almost hurts, but in such a good way! This leaves skin baby, velvety, soft. Over time I think this product makes skin texture smoother and tone brighter. The granuals are teeny tiny and you only need to use a tiny amount to get the job done. The scent is fresh and citrusy. Despite the warning that this product is not for sensitive skin, I have sensitive skin and have had no problems. Seriously, I think I almost have a spiritual experience every time I use this product, which is why I use it twice per week rather than once per week as the directions suggest. What's really awesome is that this product lasts FOREVER - I've had my bottle since January (it's July) and still have about half the tube left!!! Yeah, $26 seems a bit much, but you'll probably only need to buy it once per year.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2008 8:43:00 PM More reviews by KatFisch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love these home "micro" exfoliators. Granted, I have only used Avon's to compare this with (loved it, chemical smell put me off a bit though) but I am definitely always going to have a "micro scrubber" in my bathroom!

First off, it has that lovely orange fragrance. I would buy this if it didn't have the fragrance but it is a nice pick me up in the mornings. This scrub comes in a bright orange tube, with a flip-top lid as the base. The scrub itself is white & has a creamy texture but the teeny little scrubbies work so softly on my face, leaving it smooth like a babies bum!

Overall, I picked "No" for repurchasing, because, at $26 for 75ml (I think), it is on the expensive side, and I could get Avon's much cheaper. Saying that though, because it is so concentrated, you only need to use a tiny amount (I use barely a pea size amount and it is enough to scrub my whole face, and neck). So I guess my answer to repurchasing should really be a "Maybe" lol.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2008 4:07:00 PM More reviews by devilangel

Pretty much the same comments as everyone else..

the citrus smell is sooooo good & refreshing
after using it, my skin immediately feels softer & smoother
the tiny beads feels a lot more gentle than other scrubs I use cuz its "micro"
The only bad thing I can say about this is that I didn't find my skin has brightened.
But other than that, I think it's a great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 7:54:00 PM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a HG exfoliator.

I bought one for myself and had to buy two more cause my mum and sister loved it so much as well.

It smells lovely and citrus(ey), and has really really tiny small grains which when you rub in a circular motion, really removes all dead skin and leaves your skin feeling soft and rejuvenated (especially when you moisturize afterwards!).

One of my friends always uses this before she gets ready to go for a night out, as she finds this gets rid of all red patches/marks on the skin and leaves you with a better base for make up :]

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2008 11:28:00 AM More reviews by corye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have very sensitive skin; oily spots, dry spots, prone to acne and blackheads, a couple patches of eczema. The type if skin that will either break out or get rashy with the use of most products.

I was trying to describe my skin to the SA and she recommended this. I was hesitant because of the sensitivity of my skin and while I can use gentle scrubs so far most have contained ingredients that cause me problems. She said that she uses Retin-A and she's still ok with this but even that didn't quite sell me on it.
So she gave me a really nice sized sample, along with samples of some other products so I could see for myself.
The sample she gave me lasted through 4 uses, pretty impressive for a sample.
I've seen a small difference in the clarity of my skin, nothing major but even more importantly (for me anyway) is that there has been a difference and without irritation or breakouts.
I plan on heading over to the mall today to pick up a full size tube, this is one of the rare skin care products I'm willing to spend a bit of money on.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2008 2:30:00 PM More reviews by DaimyoPrincess

LOVE this stuff. Last summer, I got hooked on the vitamin C face wash, and because a friend of mine worked at the Body Shop, I asked her to pick me up a tube. She accidentally got me the Micro Refiner instead and I'm soo glad she did. This leaves stuff leaves my skin baby soft and smooth. It's especially great during winter time when it sloughs off all those dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2007 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mc82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I haven't been in The Body Shop for a while, but I was passing one day and came across many new products, this one caught my eye as it looked and felt rather promising, so I bought one. It is their answer to microdermabrasion. It is a very fine particle scrub which you massage in and wash off. It leaves skin smooth and soft. I have bought Philosophy's microdelivery peel kit before -the Body Shop's refiner has finer particles then the step 1 scrub of Philosophys and both smell similar. It comes in a standard flip-top tube.
Those of you who are considering buying Philosophy's Microdelivery peel kit, I recommend you try this first -it is a great product at 12 (compared to 57 for Philosophy).