December 18, 2014 | 875 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 2:47:00 AM More reviews by zrwr00

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have redish brown hair and I love using lemon juice in my hair to lighten my hair and it removes some of the brown and makes it more red with8ut irritating my scalp. I haven't tried using it as a toner and have never heard of it until now but I defiantly will

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2013 4:03:00 PM More reviews by poemaXX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Lemon juice/oil/extract (along with citrus oils in general) is phototoxic and should not be used on skin. Period.

For more info on lemons and phototoxicity, see the following:
****Excerpt: Diagnosis: Phytophotodermatitis
"This case represents a phototoxic reaction that occurred due to the combined exposure of the patient to lemons, lemon juice and subsequent sunlight. Phytophotodermatitis (PPD) is an inflammatory eruption that occurs when the skin comes in contact with a photosensitizer and is subsequently exposed to radiation. The photosensitizer is the pigment furocoumarin, a lipid-soluble 8-methoxypsoralen.1 This pigment is found in various plants and vegetables, including celery,2-5 *******limes and lemons*******,6-10 figs,11,12 citrus fruits,13,14 parsley,15 sagebrush, goldenrod, chrysanthemum, ragweed and cocklebur.16"

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I first heard about lemon juice as an acne treatment on tv. There was a dermatologist speaking and she was saying that this is the best chemical peeling you can do. At first I was reluctant because I have very sensitive skin and I was worrying about all the acids lemon contains. I decided to search it online and came across the reviews here ( MUA has reviews about everything!!!!!).
After all the comments I read here I decided to give it a try. And it worked.! I squeezed half a lemon in a bowl. Then I took a cotton ball,dabbed it on the lemon juice and then applied to my face.Well yes it stings ( a lot) for like 15 minutes. Then it's okay but feels a bit sticky. I left it overnight and when I woke up my face was brighter and much clearer!! And I also noticed an improvement on my scars.
My acne hasn't cleared up completely but I guess you have to be constant with using it. I use it about 5 times a week. I love applying lemon juice to my face because the smell is so energising and I even squeeze some of it in water with ice and drink it!
I think if you are ambivalent about it you should definitely say yes and give it a try!:)
Also,if you are going out the next day make sure you USE SUNSCREEN because lemon can cause some sort of sensitivity to sunlight . I personally use Avene Cleanance Solaire SPF 30.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried using lemon juice as a toner. At first I was delighted, my skin looked much brighter and clearer, it glowed and looked more luminous. Marks and spot scarring seemed to gently fade. However within a few weeks I noticed my skin was shrivelling and lines forming that hadn't been there before. Though I used very hydrating creams on top of this, my skin formed new lines from dryness. I would suggest using it on the occasional spot if one has oily skin and is very young, otherwise no.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This make my skin much more bright and fades blemishes, and just overall makes my skin look lighter and brighter! It doesn't smell amazing, but if you're looking for a product which brightens your skin this is the product to use! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an inexpensive way to brighten and smooth your skin. I have breakout prone skin. My cheeks are usually the most clog prone and when I use bad products, I will usually develop whiteheads and my cheeks will feel like reading Braille on my face. I tried lemons a while back but I think I used too much if the lemon juice. It did sting and I got dome minorirritation bumps. Well, fast forward to a month ago, I decided to try it again but this time, I used a few drops of pure lemon juice, not the bottled one and two slices of cucumbers. I diluted this concoction with about 70% distilled water. I took some cotton rounds and drenched it into the mixture and patted onto my face. I left it on for about 7 minutes and rinsed. Wow. It was smooth and my complexion just seems better and less oily. I've been doing this mixture once a week as a special mask treat. It feels very refreshing. I don't think I would use lemon juice on it's own due to the high acidity but diluted really helps and I like it very much. As a bonus, I've also been drinking lemon water first thing in the morning and my digestion and just overall well being seems to be better. Oh, but please drink with a straw. Hope this helps! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cchesnut99

Lemon juice causes hyperpigmentation and major irritation. It is too acidic to use on skin, especially facial skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

I use it to lighten up post acne scar spots and it works very well and relatively fast too! I use it in the morning before i moisturize and the same in the evening. I do not rinse it off. I love it. Definitely worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I used to have 4 large, ugly blackheads that have not shown up at all since I dabbed this on them religiously before every morning and night. :) And I did that about a year ago! Awesome, really! So glad that they're gone. (10/6/13: They came back.:P) Strangely though, it did not help my little blackheads as quickly and I didn't want to stay with this lemon routine very long, so I just use baking soda for my smaller blackheads weekly, which works, btw.
Lemon is not a miracle cure to other problems for me, though. It did not fade my freckles noticeably (darn it, I was truly hoping). But in the end, I'm just really impressed how well lemon juice performs as a deep pore treatment, so 5 lippies for this fruit of joy.
A little drying, btw, but not too much compared to many skincare products. Use this for those big, scary blackheads, and maybe they will depart long-term for you as they have for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by paramorerena

Whoever thought of this is probably the most brilliant person on this planet! I heard of this technique through a YouTube video, and I simply applied it all over to my face. The stinging sensation is certainly a bit overwhelming the first time you use it, and you'll be tempted to wipe it off, but it's worth it! For any big improvement, I was told to use it two nights at least in a row, and that worked well for me! Many blemishes shrunk, if not disappeared! I wouldn't use this constantly, because of the acidity in it (it -is- lemon juice!), but if you have a few blemishes you want to get rid of over a weekend, I'd definitely recommend this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No