September 23, 2014 | 1044 users online

Treatments (Face) - Lemon Juice

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 5:43:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I first heard about lemon juice as an acne treatment on tv. There was a dermatologist speaking and she was saying that this is the best chemical peeling you can do. At first I was reluctant because I have very sensitive skin and I was worrying about all the acids lemon contains. I decided to search it online and came across the reviews here ( MUA has reviews about everything!!!!!).
After all the comments I read here I decided to give it a try. And it worked.! I squeezed half a lemon in a bowl. Then I took a cotton ball,dabbed it on the lemon juice and then applied to my face.Well yes it stings ( a lot) for like 15 minutes. Then it's okay but feels a bit sticky. I left it overnight and when I woke up my face was brighter and much clearer!! And I also noticed an improvement on my scars.
My acne hasn't cleared up completely but I guess you have to be constant with using it. I use it about 5 times a week. I love applying lemon juice to my face because the smell is so energising and I even squeeze some of it in water with ice and drink it!
I think if you are ambivalent about it you should definitely say yes and give it a try!:)
Also,if you are going out the next day make sure you USE SUNSCREEN because lemon can cause some sort of sensitivity to sunlight . I personally use Avene Cleanance Solaire SPF 30.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2013 6:12:00 AM More reviews by beautyfix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I tried using lemon juice as a toner. At first I was delighted, my skin looked much brighter and clearer, it glowed and looked more luminous. Marks and spot scarring seemed to gently fade. However within a few weeks I noticed my skin was shrivelling and lines forming that hadn't been there before. Though I used very hydrating creams on top of this, my skin formed new lines from dryness. I would suggest using it on the occasional spot if one has oily skin and is very young, otherwise no.

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/14/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by holaitsstephxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This make my skin much more bright and fades blemishes, and just overall makes my skin look lighter and brighter! It doesn't smell amazing, but if you're looking for a product which brightens your skin this is the product to use! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2013 6:12:00 PM More reviews by bonstamonsta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is an inexpensive way to brighten and smooth your skin. I have breakout prone skin. My cheeks are usually the most clog prone and when I use bad products, I will usually develop whiteheads and my cheeks will feel like reading Braille on my face. I tried lemons a while back but I think I used too much if the lemon juice. It did sting and I got dome minorirritation bumps. Well, fast forward to a month ago, I decided to try it again but this time, I used a few drops of pure lemon juice, not the bottled one and two slices of cucumbers. I diluted this concoction with about 70% distilled water. I took some cotton rounds and drenched it into the mixture and patted onto my face. I left it on for about 7 minutes and rinsed. Wow. It was smooth and my complexion just seems better and less oily. I've been doing this mixture once a week as a special mask treat. It feels very refreshing. I don't think I would use lemon juice on it's own due to the high acidity but diluted really helps and I like it very much. As a bonus, I've also been drinking lemon water first thing in the morning and my digestion and just overall well being seems to be better. Oh, but please drink with a straw. Hope this helps! :)

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:59:00 PM More reviews by cchesnut99

Lemon juice causes hyperpigmentation and major irritation. It is too acidic to use on skin, especially facial skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by thereisalwayshope

I use it to lighten up post acne scar spots and it works very well and relatively fast too! I use it in the morning before i moisturize and the same in the evening. I do not rinse it off. I love it. Definitely worth it :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2013 5:06:00 PM More reviews by mskittenmittens

I used to have 4 large, ugly blackheads that have not shown up at all since I dabbed this on them religiously before every morning and night. :) And I did that about a year ago! Awesome, really! So glad that they're gone. (10/6/13: They came back.:P) Strangely though, it did not help my little blackheads as quickly and I didn't want to stay with this lemon routine very long, so I just use baking soda for my smaller blackheads weekly, which works, btw.
Lemon is not a miracle cure to other problems for me, though. It did not fade my freckles noticeably (darn it, I was truly hoping). But in the end, I'm just really impressed how well lemon juice performs as a deep pore treatment, so 5 lippies for this fruit of joy.
A little drying, btw, but not too much compared to many skincare products. Use this for those big, scary blackheads, and maybe they will depart long-term for you as they have for me. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2013 12:21:00 AM More reviews by paramorerena

Whoever thought of this is probably the most brilliant person on this planet! I heard of this technique through a YouTube video, and I simply applied it all over to my face. The stinging sensation is certainly a bit overwhelming the first time you use it, and you'll be tempted to wipe it off, but it's worth it! For any big improvement, I was told to use it two nights at least in a row, and that worked well for me! Many blemishes shrunk, if not disappeared! I wouldn't use this constantly, because of the acidity in it (it -is- lemon juice!), but if you have a few blemishes you want to get rid of over a weekend, I'd definitely recommend this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2013 5:55:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

Ladies! This is my favorite part about makeup alley... being able to get new ideas, try them, and share with everybody my experience... all of us women will do just about anythingto to have a glowing face- free of dark spots, enlarged pores, and acne or occasional break outs. I have been using lemon for just under a month, and it has really improved many problemed areas on my face.
I started out just squeezing the juice of one lemon, adding a tiny bit of water, and applying it like a toner to my face (morning and night). I know this is natural and rather in-expensive (compared to how much some people spend on skin care products), but I was using a lemon everyday and I wanted to see if there was a way to use the lemon for more than just the juice...
I went to the store, bought 3 lemons, squeezed the juice and added it (along with equal parts of water) to a small spray bottle i had saved and was laying around. I used the spray bottle to spray it on my face and used a foam make up pad (that doesnt soak up as much moister as a cotton ball) to make sure it covers my whole face. Make sure you put your hair back and I also like to use a head wrap to make sure none of it gets on my hair, as it can lighten it when you go in the sun. I hated using cotton balls because it soaked up so much of the lemon juice, it almost seemed like a waste- so I LOVED using it this way instead. I did started out doing this morning and night, and after two weeks i switched to night only because my face had already looked so much better. The few little random blemishes I had were gone, I have uneven skin on my chin, and i noticed that the tone was almost the same as the skin on the rest of ny face. My two little scars I had that were flat and red from acne a while back were no longer red and you almost couldnt even tell where these spots were. The best part was the glow of my face. It looked beautiful and healthy. My skin feels a bit tighter and I dont NEED a primer that is used spicifically for large pores- because i had none. I was amazed, i really was...
So after such a shock as to how well this worked, I started using other parts of the lemon. I grinded up the lemon rind, added a tad of the lemon juice, about a tablespoon of coconut oil (which is another FABULOUS product, all natural), and a tad of honey... I rubbed this on my face and let it sit like a mask. It smells wonderful, the rind of the lemon felt like a gentle exfoliator and for those of you who arent comfortable with the 'harshness' of the lemon juice by itself- you can use this as a more mild way to get that glowing skin. I played around a bit and tried a few new things after doing a bit of research... if you have really dry skin, try adding a tablespoon of evaporated milk, or an egg white to your mask. If you are looking for a little more rough of an exfoliator- add a tablespoon of sugar to your lemon/rind/water/honey mix (although i tried the sugat and didnt care for it because it was a tad harsh in conjunction with all the lemon, and it burned a bit more than normal... ) but if you have some dead skin you want to exfoliate off, try the sugar and decrease the amount of lemon you add... I have tried all of these methods and had luck with all of them...
lastly, if ANY of these methods dry your skin out, or make it a bit more sensitive- DONT GIVE UP! try using it every other day or a couple times per week. MAKE SURE you always moisturize with a good lotion with spf before putting your make up on- as lemon CAN make your skin sensitive to sunlight. Those who use a tanning bed, im not sure if i would use this at all unless you plan on covering your face. After you get the results you had hoped for, and i can promise that you will- im that confident, cut back to twice a week to maintain this beautiful glow, which is what i am doing now.. I would absolutley recommend this product to anyone who has problemed areas on their face, on their neck and even on your chest, anyone who is at a standstill with their current facial regimen or anyone who wants to try something new and fresh- this is totally for you. You can make the rules with this product- which is why its so amazing... you can tailor the ingredients to fit your wants and needs... you know exactly what is going on your face and you will decrease your chances of having a bad reaction to this all natural product because there arent 65 different chemicals. Trying something new is always exciting, so have fun with it. You will be smiling with the results you get, i promise <3

24 out of 30 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2013 11:59:00 PM More reviews by Mizou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm not the kind of person that write reviews about anything. I was forced by my own results to create an account and write a review. I have extremely oily face. I'm acne prone. I hate wearing make up because of my skin condition. I usually look like I'm wearing a mask after a good 30 min with make up on. To make a long story short, I have been using lemon on my face for the past two weeks. My face look great. I am getting complements. My pores are getting smaller, my oily skin is getting less oily. Most of my dark spots are almost gone. I'm falling in love with lemon juice. I'm still afraid to wear any make up because I'm scared that make up will ruin my great invention. I'm an indoor person, so I will make sure to not go on the sun unless I wear some UV cream. I'm so happy, happy, happy. :)

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No