August 21, 2014 | 1330 users online

Loose Powders - Everyday Minerals - Natural Reflection Finishing Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by hollicita

I have this product in cool pink. I really am falling in love with this powder... my skin is pretty uneven and kind of blotchy, and surprisingly this evens it all out. I don't even need to wear regular foundation (I use EM Cool Fair Medium), it works well all on it's own. It has a nice sheen to it, just like the EM Glo foundations. I don't know how evens my skin out since the powder is pink, but I just am loving it. No complaints!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2007 11:24:00 AM More reviews by neener563

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this finishing powder in cool pink and just love the way it blends over my makeup to give a smooth air brushed look. The little bit of pink is just soft and really is good on its own too for a quick look I use this and some chit chat blush, the pick me up concealer and a little mascara and lipstick. I also love the new flat jars this comes in makes lots of room to swirl, tap and buff. Make sure whenever using mineral makeup to put on a good face cream before application as a primer it makes the minerals go on much smoother. I use Avon Luminosity cream and it works well as a base.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2007 9:58:00 AM More reviews by Lizzy28

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Well, I don't care that much for the sun protection this powder claims to have (I use a moisturizer with SPF for sun protection and I think you would have to use a *lot* of this powder to achieve the desired sun protection), but I just had to choose a finishing powder and I thought this one to be the best colour (I have it in #Fair) and to have the best finish (I don't like a matte finish, I prefer a healthy looking shine). I was right on this one: it's a good colour match for my very fair, cooltoned skin and not to much oil controlling (read: drying) properties for my dry skin. PBI: for more information on how I apply MMU, see my review under EM Foundation Original Glo Formula. Active ingredients: Mica, Zinc Oxide, Ironoxides.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 5:05:00 PM More reviews by jiney17

(I have this in 'Light' and I wear Light-Warm or Light-Neutral in EDM's mineral makeup). This is a lightweight mineral powder that's supposed to give you a bit of sun protection. I'm not sure how well that works, since I usually wear a separate sunscreen beneath my makeup, but I figure any additional SPF is a good thing. The texture is a little coarser than the regular finishing powder (or even typical drugstore powders like NYC and L'Oreal) which means you can't just sweep it on (it'll leave little streaks); instead, you should swirl your powder brush over your face to blend it in. I don't mind this since it doesn't take any extra time, but I thought I should mention it. No scent and it doesn't clog my pores or irritate my skin. It's quite inexpensive too, at about 11 USD for a full-sized jar. Though you can get a sample with their free sample kit (you just pay postage) or a small (sifter-included, though it's still difficult to get an adequate amount out with just one shake) jar for 4 USD plus shipping. This comes in slightly darker shades too, but I haven't tried them. The light works fine on my Warm-Light complexion. I think I'd repurchase this and use it to "top up" my SPF during the day. It's a lot lighter, sheerer and less chalky-looking than the Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral sunscreen, even if you pile on a bunch.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

I love the idea of a titanium dioxide/zinc oxide powder that you can reapply throughout the day. In the morning, I put on a high PPD sunscreen such as LRP or Bioderma, but I like to add on later in the day to make sure none of those pesky UV rays reach my skin. Natural Reflections fits the bill, and works as a pretty good mattifier or finishing powder over EM makeup as well.

The Light shade is a pretty good fit for my medium yellow undertone complexion (Light Winged Butter, mixed with a little Lt. Olive, Golden Medium or Medium Beige Neutral). Light is not as lemon yellow as it appears on the EM website. I originally ordered Golden Tan, which was a bit too dark, but not unwearable, and EM let me exchange it after I tried it out.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 8:34:00 PM More reviews by nyomya

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I have Natural Reflection Medium Bronzer Finishing Powder and it was advertised as SPF30 Sunscreen a few months ago. I am not a fan of mineral makeups and tried some brands and given up. Anyway, I am on and off of particular products. I purchased this bronzer when it was advertised as SPF30 but I was hesitated to use it after reading Paula Begoun's Mineral Makeup report. Later, EM removed SPF30 claim as it doesn't meet FDA's requirements for a sunscreen (read EM's FQ&A). I have this bronzer about 3+ months now and used rarely as bronzer/finishing powder with bronzer brush. In the past weeks, I used EM's tinted silk dust as primer and really enjoy it. Today, I used this bronzer as foundation and applied with Posh foundation brush over silk dust (around 9am). It's almost 90F outside (breezy but not humid) and I was outside most of the time. I usually have oily face in a few hours but not today. My mother even gave me good comments (a good sign). My face started shiny after 5pm (fine, I was almost home). I didn't even touch up my face except reapplied lip color after lunch.

I have medium Asian skin without particular yellow or pink tone but more like beige (and can wear almost all medium colors). This bronzer has slight pinkish tone but my face looks great with it. I applied a little All Smile blush. I had 10% AHA oil free gel and Wet 'N Wild Fresh Face moisturizer with SPF15 underneath. Although I can't 100% rely on this bronzer as sunscreen, this is a good foundation alternative. It is more like EM's semi-matte formula plus it has 13g; 5g more than foundation with the same price, $12. If you purchase in the kit, much cheaper. I'll also try their Golden tan soon. (My face is pretty oily now and will take shower soon :). Suggested makeup remover: Baby Oil follow by your usual face wash.