Bobbi Brown Lip Color - Sandwash Pink #22

on 3/4/2007 2:22:00 AM

Too much "pink," not enough "sand." I was hoping for a warm, slightly milky beige-pink -- and that's what this looked like when I tried it in the store. But it actually pulls quite cool, even a little bright, on me. I kept it because I don't like to return makeup and learned to work with it to change what I don't love. A little concealor under it helps quiet down the berry-rose tones in my lips so the color goes on a little paler and warmer. I dragged it out recently after getting the new Sandy Beige gloss and found they work nicely together.

There's something about the creamy texture of BB lipsticks that makes my lips look well-defined and pillowy-full. I love that about them, even if I don't completely flip over the shade.
continued >>

on 2/14/2007 8:07:00 AM

This is my favourite Bobbi Brown lipstick. It is a pink beige that is a mlbb shade that doesn’t wash me out – I am a ppp. This works really well on its own or with a smidgen of gloss on the top. The BB SA applied some Bright Pink lip gloss on the top and it really brightened my whole look. This is a staple lip colour that can take you from day to night (with a touch of gloss).

on 10/13/2006 9:17:00 PM

Great color with pink undertones (on me..Brown hair and eyes olive skin) and I
like it alot, but find it reminds me alot of MAC delish which I love more and since its a bit cheaper I would just buy the MAC Delish..Which I did.
If MAC ever got rid of Delish then I know I have this one to fall back on

on 7/22/2006 11:55:00 PM

Sandwash Pink is included in a BB lip palette that I own. The texture of this lipstick is creamy, it is matte, and it has fair staying power. The colour is a beigy - pink, it shows on my pigmented lips as a soft, almost nudish pink. Very pretty and understated, MLBB. I like that the brown undertones are not too apparent in Sandwash Pink. After trying some of the brown based pink colours (brown, brownie, etc) and looking "muddy"(and like I hadn't brushed my teeth in a week) I'm happy that this one looks good on me. Too much of a brown base is not very flattering on me. I have repurchaed a full sized back up.

on 4/10/2006 10:34:00 PM

A wonderful MA suggested this shade for me. Perfect smooth BB texture as always. Great neutral beigey pink for everyday

on 3/29/2006 2:30:00 PM

I've bought and swapped away this one so many times that it tells me that it's a really good staple that should stay in my stash :P.
The colour is not a 'wow' colour but it's a very pretty neutral beige with medium pink undertone. On my NC30 and medium pink lips, it's a perfect sexy but natural pout. Kinda like Angelina when she has no lipstick on and her natural pink beige lips shows. I dont find the formulation drying cause on me, it's a satin creme finish. I read a reviewer say it was matte on her and that isnt the case with me. Maybe she has an old tube? Anyhow, it's a great everyday staple for that natural look and very versatile for a lot of skin tones. continued >>

on 1/19/2006 5:25:00 PM

This is my every day l/s. I am a PPP with brown hair and eyes and this shows up on me as a nice medium pink. I pair it with a rose lip liner. It is a bit on the expensive side, however, this is one product I'll splurge on because it's the perfect every day color for me (not too light, not too dark). I find the texture to be creamy.

on 1/2/2006 1:20:00 PM

This color was given to me as a gift, so I'm trying very hard to like it. However, the color hardly shows up on my fairly pigmented lips. It also seems to be very drying. It's a pretty color in the tube, but I have to apply layer after layer to get even the faintest hint of color, and even then, it doesn't last long or show up as much more than shimmer.
PPP, Brown hair/eyes

on 12/31/2005 1:08:00 AM

I really liked the color..a natural, pretty pink...but its so drying! Bobbi, please, make this lipsticks more moisturizing. THEN I'll repurchase.

on 10/31/2005 9:36:00 PM

Not a great color on me (brown hair/eyes NC 30), kind of a dirty pale pink. The texture felt dry & looked gummy on the inner ring of my lips. I also have Rose, but remember that one feeling creamier. Wouldn't repurchase.

Recommended for Medium Skin