Cover Girl Advanced Radiance Pressed Powder

Talc , Mica , Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate , Dimethicone , Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides , PTFE , Sodium Dehydroacetate , Propylparaben , Lecithin , Methicone , Methylparaben , Iron Oxides - May Contain , Titanium Dioxide

on 1/17/2009 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I bought this only to see if it had enough coverage to be worn alone. Unfortunatly, for someone with a lot of redness to my skin, it wasn't going to cut it. It was a very soft, fine powder. The puff it comes with is nice and gives a very smooth application. The powder did seem to brighten up my complexion, without all that glitter and sparkles CG has a tendency of putting in their loose powders. Colors are very true, what you see in the compact is what you'll see on your skin. I adore the compact, silver with a holographic decal. Definatly would be keeping this stuff around if only it gave more coverage.

on 1/10/2009 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG!!! I always purchase high end cosmetics thinking big bucks equals better quaility...how wrong can I be. After throwing out numerous high end powders, I decided to give a less expensive one a try. After reading the positive reviews on this powder I went out and purchased one in Natural beige #120. I LOVE IT!!! I only use it to set my Bobbie Brown corrector on under my eye area, but man what a difference from any powder I've tried...all the others including Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening power just left my under eye area looking dry and chalky, with added emphasis on my under eye wrinkles (embarassing). This powder evens out my concealer with absolutely no chalky aftermath and no magnified wrinkling. That's the only thing I ever ask of a pressed powder, and finally I found it in a line I would never, ever have tried if not for MUA. It's finely milled, glides on beautifully natural.
A must try.

on 12/31/2008 11:44:00 PM

i can't believe i wasted my money on the fresh and clean powders when i could've bought this before! the texture of this powder is really smooth and finely milled. i would buy this again. =)

on 11/15/2008 12:58:00 AM

This product is overall a very good buy. It is not too expensive ($9 at CVS). It is very smooth, the amount of pigment is perfect, and it controls shine very well! I tend to get pretty shiny during the day and I used to use the Fresh Look powder until I saw this and decided to give it a go.

I agree with a previous poster who said that the shades run light. I also notice that under my eyes has been getting dry lately which may or may not be related to this. But if you use a moisturizer, you should have no problem. I have used this with mineral makeup and on its own and it looks good either way!

on 10/1/2008 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I'm really impressed with this pressed powder. It has been years since I have used a pressed powder because back in my teen years I could have sworn powder enhanced every flaw, dry spot etc my face. I always equated it to the way they put powder on something on police shows to find fingerprints. Now you don't see many flaws...apply powder...ta da every flaw is brought to light. No thanks.

Through the years I would come back to powders now and then and always be left feeling the same way. Only then it exaggerated every fine line on my face too...sigh. I gave up and lived shiny LOL Along comes the FOTD board I notice how everyone looked so nice and polished. I found one common denominator.. no one was shiny LOL:) Off to the store to hunt for powder.. just for pictures is what I told myself:)

Here I sit with Covergirl's Advanced Radiance in hand. I'm pretty much thinking it isn't going to go well but I'm shiny and in no position to turn away at this point.

Here is what the package says: Silky smooth formula with skin conditioning and skin brightening ingredients provides a radiantly beautiful finish. Formulated with skin conditioners. Ok, I'll bite:)

The first thing I noticed was how finely milled this was for a pressed powder. Loved that. I applied it and it seemed to go on really well. Not cakey, not chalky, and hey I don't see exaggerated lines. Skin conditioners.. are you in there doing that? This could work. I used it on bare skin by the way.

Fast forward to my teenage daughter coming home today after I had worn this all day and asking me why I looked so pretty today LOL (She rarely says that to me LOL) Well if that didn't sell me right there, this next thing would. The powder as the day wore on seemed to blend in to my own skin. My skin did not look dry, it did not look like I had cakey powder on. It just looked polished and clearer than normal. Like my skin only better if that makes sense. To top that off, there was no shine YAY! Mission Accomplished ♥ This was the first ever powder that made me do a double take and think.. ok powder has come a long way since the chalky days:)

I would definitely recommend this and will be buying this again. I am happy to finally find a powder to take the shine away without leaving me looking at every flaw on my face... highlighted:)

UPDATE: I have not touched this up once today and it has still not only controlled shine but has made my skin look better and better as the day wore on. Very odd in a good way. I love this stuff ♥

on 6/30/2008 1:48:00 PM

I thought this wasn't reviewed--realized that the name was not spelled correctly in the other one. To keep the rating, I added this review to the other one.

I purchased it in Ivory after using up my Dr. Hauschka ($$), realizing that my Double Wear Powder Foundation was too heavy for touchups, and my loose powders (Lumiere Silk Dust & Besame) wouldn't do in the purse.

This is very finely milled powder for a d/s brand. The Advanced Radiance has enough pigment to smooth out imperfections even though is is not a powder foundation. In my experience, any powder emphasizes flaking/dry skin, so one would have to exfoliate and use moisturizer if necessary. This one seems to "settle" quickly on fresh skin & does not look cakey or emphasize the pores like many other powders I've used even after a few applications.

All in all, it's a great d/s find. I did take off one lippie for the compact as it does not come with even a sheet of plastic to separate the powder and the puff. I had to insert a sheet of aluminum foil, which looks pretty ugly.

on 5/26/2008 8:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Again, I'm surprised that I like this drugstore powder so much. I decided to try it after trying the matching foundation and being so impressed with it. It is on the sheer side, but sets foundation nicely. When I first tried this line, I was afraid the foundation colors were not going to be light enough for my fair skin tone, I was wrong. The powders, on the other hand, are on the FAIR side of fair. You may want to go a shade darker to avoid looking gastly. They are not shimmery or sparkly, but not chalky either. PS, not that I should have to tell you smart ladies this, but don't use the applicator it comes with, use a powder brush for better results.

on 3/22/2008 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

This powder is lightweight but it actually makes your skin look a bit more smoother and youthful the longer you wear it. It lasts fairly well on the skin and it isn't drying nor will it leave your face looking chalky to it.

on 3/21/2008 4:03:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

maybe this product isnt for me. im asian. i dont know but it looks like a mask on me. i tried 3 colors already plus it makes my pores look even bigger......

on 2/6/2008 1:23:00 PM

I am so happy that I found this product! I was looking for a replacement for my $25 Pur mineral powder and I found it in Cover Girl's Advanced Radiance! I have extremely sensitive skin and a lot of allergy issues, and this worked just as well as any high-end powder would. I am amazed as to how my skin looks now compared to three weeks ago when I first started using it. My skin is acne prone, but also tends to get dry in certain spots, and this evened it out and dried up my acne. In addition to doing these things, it even cleared up my old scars! I simply love this!