July 23, 2014 | 2027 users online

Lip Gloss - Clinique - Superbalm Moisturizing Gloss in Raspberry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2008 7:42:00 PM More reviews by thinkpink710

I'm becoming a huge fan of these - I first tried the Grapefruit from a GWP and liked that it wasn't too sticky and didn't dry out my lips. The Raspberry one gives just enough pink, I love the colour I get with this. I can see myself plotting to get a few more of these! It's such a generous size though, so I don't see myself running out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 7:33:00 PM More reviews by lisaf6501

Holy crap, why did I wait so long to try these? I've heard rave reviews on Superbalms, but put off trying them for quite a while. Recently I was at a Clinique counter and they had a 4-pack of mini Superbalms. I liked all the colors, and it was only $25, so I picked it up. Wow! Every color has been a winner for me. Raspberry gives quite a bit of color payoff compared to the others I got. It looks scary in the tube, but don't worry! The color is a very sheer, shiny medium pink. I find the fomula very moisturizing and long-lasting for a lip balm. I love the squeeze tube, too. I will be getting more of these!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by angels2919

This is a gorgeous shade! It is lighter than the Grapefruit but it is very very wearable. I love all the Superbalms shades and this is very very wonderful too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 7:20:00 AM More reviews by zucch3ro

I got this as a sample size and i just love it! It gives great glossy lips, and goes on sooo smooth and leaves my lips moisturised. It gives just a hint of colour..giving a *kissed* look rather then the colour in the tube. I will definately buy another when my sample runs out. It might take a while, because i've had this small one for awhile and i use it almost everyday. It lasts for a long time. love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2008 11:45:00 PM More reviews by NYC22

I received this lip gloss as a sample and liked it. I think the color is closer to the shade of the fruit of a watermelon than a raspberry, though. One can apply this with a heavy hand and get lips that stand out very much or one can apply a thinner coat of it and get a more daytime look. This gloss has a very wet finish to it which may turn some people off.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2007 5:25:00 PM More reviews by kmwilt15

I love this product...I actually recieved a smaller, trial size from a Clinique counter, but am going back to buy the full sized version soon! The color looks really bright in the tube, but is natural on the lips - I have very pink lips as it is, so this gloss gives them a my-lips-only-better look. Not sticky, very balmy and moisturizing. A+

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Ammit

I have stayed well away from superbalms for a long time now but since they've been repackaged I was really tempted by the pretty colours and the cute advertising. A total sucker i know.
I so far managed to resist until i was buying my bfs mum a present and could get a GWP if i bought a second item so i snapped up the raspberry colour.
It's so pretty in the tube, just a gorgeous bright pink i love the look of it. It costs 10 but i didn't think this was too much because of the amount you get and the fact that it's a gloss and a balm in one.
The staying power isn't great but it's better than i expected most definitely! I am an all time hater of gloss but this is a product i've fallen for big time. It's easy to apply, leaves a gorgeous hint of colour on the lips and moisturises to boot - who could not love that?

Generally I think this is a great product and one that I will come back to - lancomes juicy tubes never seduced me due to their stickiness, but these little gems are just perfect. Love!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2007 12:31:00 PM More reviews by maan84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Clinique have recently released a bunch of new Superbalms. Raspberry is one of them.
It feels soo nice on the lips. It is very moisturizing and glossy! Raspberry does add a bit of redish pink raspberry color to the lips.
I like the packaging, it is a .5 fl.oz/15 ml tube with a slanted tip which makes application so easy.

My only reservation is that I hope that this l/g does not separate and go rancid quickly which happened to a Color Surge Impossibly Glossy l/g I bought a few months ago. IF this l/g go bad quickly too I will edit this review and mention that.

I will definitely repurchase! I love the fact that it is very moisturizing and I like the color too! It does not feel sticky. Lasting power is pretty good! I absolutely love the texture. Overall a very good lip gloss or lip balm (whatever category you wish to put it in). Perhaps it should be considered as a mixture between lip balm and lip gloss. This is a possible HG lip balm/lip gloss for me!!

This product claims to be 100% fragrance free and allergy tested. Here are the ingredients listed first on the package:

polybutene, polydecene, petrrolatum, bis-diglyceryl polyacyladipate-2, octyldodecanol, microcrystalinne wax/cera microcristallina/cire microcristalline, tocopheryl acetane, salvia sclarea (clary) extract, betula alba (birch) extract... the list goes on...

(there's a long list of more ingredients).

continued >>