December 17, 2014 | 1123 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2012 4:36:00 PM More reviews by Luscious1104

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I actually bought a backup and I'm not even close to finished with my current one. This stuff is awesome! It holds up to the heat, water, sleep, lol etc. its seriously good stuff, oh and the wax is amazing too.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2012 6:28:00 AM More reviews by sofiej

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have black hair and this taupe duo looks very natural on me. I LOVE the fact that it comes with clear eyebrow wax too. My eyebrows are sparse and weird so what I do first is to fill in all the sparse areas with Maybelline's define a brow pencil in dark blonde, and then I go over them and fill in the rest with these powder shades. So I basically shape my eyebrows mostly with the pen because you can't really use the brow shadow where there is no hair for the powder to adhere to, if that makes sense. For those of you who don't have sparse brows this kit will work like a charm!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 8:43:00 PM More reviews by jkangaroo

I have black hair and the Taupe/Ash color looks really natural when I put it on. If I know that I will be out for a while, I will use some eyeshadow primer to make sure it stays put, but the wax is usually pretty good at that already. I use this in conjunction with the NYX automatic eyebrow pencil in Dark Brown to give more shape to my brows, which are naturally very sparse. I recommend this product if you want natural looking brows (:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by jtbeautyx3

Absolutely in love with this brow powder. I literally use it everyday and it stays throughout the day. I have black hair and Taupe/Ash is the perfect color for me. I will definitely be repurchasing again and again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/9/2011 5:15:00 PM More reviews by ticklez88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The colours are fine and match my brows well. The wax is handy to have. The brushes it comes with are horrible. I think I would have preferred more product than the brushes to be honest. The colours do not seem to last very long when I wear them and I can not tell the difference as they do not define my eyebrows the way I like

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2011 6:01:00 PM More reviews by alex193

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff! I used to use the lighter color when I was blonder, but now that I'm a brunette again I've been using the darker color. I love these over pencils bc they are trully matte - sometimes pencils can look shimmery, which I hate. I also have to blend pencils and this powder just goes on perfectly.

I use a really thin angled eyeliner brush from Target. I dip it a little in the way and then a little in the brow powder. I like the angled brushes (not the inlcuded one) because I can get a perfect line on the start of my brows. I don't use the wax all over the brows, I just use it to pick up product with the brush. It also seems to make the pwder last much longer this way. All day, least. And for me, a little goes a long way, so I'm sure this stuff will last me forever!

I also have to give props to the packaging - I get so sick of crappy packaging with cheap hinges or flimsy plastic. This plastic isn't flimsy, doens't seem like it will break, and the hinge and clasp hold REALLY tight. Great packaging.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2011 8:31:00 PM More reviews by annkw

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love it it's very natural. Ive been using a brown eyebrow pencil up until now and I noticed brown doesn't look good on me..I have thin sparse black eyebrows that look grey. This applies like a greyish brown

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pecurina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product for me. The ash matches my color by 100%.
Love the natural look.
Beautiful color for eyeshadow buy itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Looove this, and highly recommend! :D
I really wanted a taupe colour for my brows (my hair is currently red-ish brown), because grey colours look like a shadow, which make them easy to work with, while undetectable as makeup. I never use the wax that comes with this because I've never liked the feeling of waxes. I think that the brush that comes with the wax is pretty bad - too hard, while the small mascara brush is good. I've had this for about half a year, and don't think I will ever run out. Only thing: you need an angled brush with this (the one that comes with this powder is bad, as said before), but that's not a problem for me. Stays on all day without fading :)
Also: I use the lightest colour for my brows, and the dark brown one for my eyes, as eyeliner.
UPDATE 01.19.2012: Still loving this! Also: it takes such a long time to use up - I haven't made a big dent in the pan, but using this almost every day since I bought - I don't think I have used one single product for this long without getting bored! It's just so good! :D When it comes to powders, this is one of the really good ones out there, and I'm a person that usually buy stuff from MAC, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Kanebo etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HG product! So I've tried quite a few products for my brows. For the longest time, I was using a brow pencil from the Sephora brand, which was ok, but it was easy to get too heavy-handed with it, and I would end up looking like Groucho Marx. And also for the longest time, I was using a MAC eyeshadow (Dark Edge, which was one of my first MAC purchases so I'm not sure if that was limited edition or anything...) which wasn't the greatest color for me, but it was the only powder I had to fill in my brows with. And lately, I've been using the Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash, which is a great color for my sparse, light Asian brows, but sometimes I would also get heavy-handed with it and look like Groucho Marx. THEN, finally, comes this product! It is the PERFECT brow color for me! The nylon-bristled brush that comes with it is okay (it picks up some color), but I use a Sephora brush (Professionnel Platinum Angle Liner Brush #22 ) and I get such natural results! I use the lighter color for the head of my brow, and use the darker color to fill in the middle of my brow, and my Anastasia Brow Whiz to draw in my ends (I hardly have any hairs at the ends of my brows). The colors blend together seamlessly! And using this method makes my brows stay on longer. It's the cheapest product too, so I will definitely repurchase!!