July 24, 2014 | 1117 users online

Brows - NYX - Eyebrow Cake Powder - Taupe/Ash

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by pecurina

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great product for me. The ash matches my color by 100%.
Love the natural look.
Beautiful color for eyeshadow buy itself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

Looove this, and highly recommend! :D
I really wanted a taupe colour for my brows (my hair is currently red-ish brown), because grey colours look like a shadow, which make them easy to work with, while undetectable as makeup. I never use the wax that comes with this because I've never liked the feeling of waxes. I think that the brush that comes with the wax is pretty bad - too hard, while the small mascara brush is good. I've had this for about half a year, and don't think I will ever run out. Only thing: you need an angled brush with this (the one that comes with this powder is bad, as said before), but that's not a problem for me. Stays on all day without fading :)
Also: I use the lightest colour for my brows, and the dark brown one for my eyes, as eyeliner.
UPDATE 01.19.2012: Still loving this! Also: it takes such a long time to use up - I haven't made a big dent in the pan, but using this almost every day since I bought - I don't think I have used one single product for this long without getting bored! It's just so good! :D When it comes to powders, this is one of the really good ones out there, and I'm a person that usually buy stuff from MAC, Chanel, Dior, YSL, Kanebo etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2011 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lovesyndrome

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HG product! So I've tried quite a few products for my brows. For the longest time, I was using a brow pencil from the Sephora brand, which was ok, but it was easy to get too heavy-handed with it, and I would end up looking like Groucho Marx. And also for the longest time, I was using a MAC eyeshadow (Dark Edge, which was one of my first MAC purchases so I'm not sure if that was limited edition or anything...) which wasn't the greatest color for me, but it was the only powder I had to fill in my brows with. And lately, I've been using the Anastasia Brow Whiz in Ash, which is a great color for my sparse, light Asian brows, but sometimes I would also get heavy-handed with it and look like Groucho Marx. THEN, finally, comes this product! It is the PERFECT brow color for me! The nylon-bristled brush that comes with it is okay (it picks up some color), but I use a Sephora brush (Professionnel Platinum Angle Liner Brush #22 ) and I get such natural results! I use the lighter color for the head of my brow, and use the darker color to fill in the middle of my brow, and my Anastasia Brow Whiz to draw in my ends (I hardly have any hairs at the ends of my brows). The colors blend together seamlessly! And using this method makes my brows stay on longer. It's the cheapest product too, so I will definitely repurchase!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by STACEYFFF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Love this!!! Great neutral colors and wax in a convenient, portable package. This is my night/ drama/ have lots of time to do my brows makeup. Otherwise, I use NYX's Brow Push-Up Bra. Both are staples in my makeup drawer. Go NYX!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2011 9:15:00 AM More reviews by Chellemakepeace

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mine in a darker color but I love it!!! Not a fan of brow pencils!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 3:52:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

I got mine in "brunette" (05). I used it for months on end until I found something better. I want a more natural look for my brows so I opted for WNW's brow pencil (which looks like your brows but better). Over all this is one of the best low-priced budget powders you can find. It's good but I felt like it made me look fake (hence the 3)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by lucygigi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

low price,high quality,I will buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2010 1:06:00 AM More reviews by hautiehippie420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I normally use a brow pencil to fill in my very naturally blonde/fine brows, but I can never settle on a pencil that I actually like, as they all leave my brows looking dull/dry. I love how the wax that comes in this compact makes my eyebrows look shiny and conditioned! The wax really is the perfect base to combine with the powder! Not being used to the powder/wax duo as I've always used a pencil (until now I've used the Mary Kay brow pencil in Classic Blonde), I wasn't sure exactly what ratio to apply the two, but after just a few swatches on my eyebrow hairs, I've got it down, so the process is very easy, just do whatever works for you! As far as the colors, the names are not at all misleading to me, as "ash" literally means no red undertones, so they are much more neutral (or subtly "green") than ruddy. I hate adding red to my eyebrows so these colors are my perfect match! I really couldn't ask for better color shades! I was going to splurge on Brows-a-Go-Go by Benefit, but I actually prefer these shades and the pricetag is really the best part when it comes to NYX! :-) LOVE this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by zerimartian

I love this product! I got it for ~$4, and it really works just as well as the high-end brands. I used the Smashbox brow tech before this, and this NYX powder is a great, cheaper alternative.

My only [MINOR] complaints with this kit:
- the wax is a bit too sticky
- the brush doesn't pick up the powder very well
- it claims to be cruelty free, but the wax includes beeswax, so I doubt this is vegan friendly...

Other than that, the powders produce a very natural look (why I love powders over pencil!). It's great for traveling since it's so compact and also holds an angled brush and spoolie. I think the case is cute too-- the clear cover has an embossed jewel design over where the wax and powders are :)

Definitely worth a try; I bought two more of these kits after I fell in love with the first :D

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2010 8:50:00 AM More reviews by katiexkaboom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product! For all of 5 dollars it works great! Bought it at ULTA and tried it at home immediately. I was so excited! And the results were awesome. It filled in my eyebrows. The little brush was easy to manipulate and the powder had great lasting power! I wore it to the soccer game I had and it was on when I got home. No running, no caking. It was great. The wax was great too. Loved it and great for the price.