August 20, 2014 | 1046 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - Lipglass in Lychee Luxe

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 4:30:00 PM More reviews by thespacecowgirl

On my dark pink pigmented lips, Lychee Luxe is a high-shine sheer warm dark coral with just a pinch of true gold shimmer. Quite simply, it's my favorite bright lipcolor ever. I love wearing this with all black, or brightly-colored tops in summer, with very subdued eye makeup and just a little peachy blush. A few words about the formula - Lipglasses aren't nearly as sticky as they used to be, and in fact are just sticky enough to last until I eat/drink. The thickness/stickiness of the formula indicates that it's supposed to be worn over balm, something other l/g manufacturers could learn from since pigment tends to be drying. I especially love that I can wear Lipglasses over my Laura Mercier Lip Plumper without having gloss dripping down my chin 20 minutes later. So to me, the formula is perfect. Love the true vanilla scent also.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by funnygirl131

Beautiful color ,glad I listened ,yet again to my beautful MUA gals.Swatched its a medium coral pink with gold shimmer ,perfect for spring and summer ,but Id wear it all the time;-) I tried it on today with merrily blush and its fabulous together. It makes me look put together even in a ponytail !!!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2008 10:53:00 AM More reviews by jaimeyusu

This is more reddish than i thought, i mean, on my lips.
in the tube its the perfect coral, but on my lips, its just too strong.
being very MAC, this is wayyy too opaque to be considered as a 'lip gloss' well, i didnt know it was a lipglass and the power of lipglasses... until now.
pretty on everyone else, but not on me. just.. too opaque and red.

A GREAT COLOR, just not on me (sigh)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/7/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by sarahvma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Received this as part of the Christmas trio set a while back. The color is a great amplified pink and definitely adds some sass for an evening look.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by ilikenicestuff

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Could live with or without. Great for a red lip thats not red if that makes sense. Im warm toned, but I cant pull off a red red lip. This is a great color for formal occassions, but a bit much for everyday wear. I'll repurchase until I find a red that works on my full lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 12:26:00 PM More reviews by VersaceBlonde

As a product: Sticky indeed, as noted in all of MAC's lipglasses; this also carries the typical Vanilla-esque scent. Lasting power is good for a gloss - about an hour without fading and about 2 hours + before gone completely. Clear tube with black cap, doe-foot applicator. Retails for $14

As a color: Lychee Luxe is a brilliant, vibrant pink with a tiny hint of coral and gold shimmer. The color in the tube is true on my semi-pigmented lips as well, and completely brightens my NC20 skintone.

As a whole: **PERFECT** color for summer, but possibly more suited to warm skintones. No complaints ;)

Complementary products: Shimmery beige shadow (i.e. Smashbox Champagne), brown eyeliner (i.e. Clinique Chocolate Luster), and bronzer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2008 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lalalie_xoxo

The colour of this is very intimidating in the tube, almost like an electric coral with shimmer. HOWEVER when you do put it on it turns out to be a very nice sheer peachy/coral colour with a little bit of shimmer. After applying all over my lips with the wand I usually pat my lips down with my ring finger to take off the excess lip gloss--I end up with just the right amount of colour. Great for day or fresh looks :o)

I took one lippie off just because this was kind of sticky compared to my other MAC l/g's... But a layer of lip balm before this lipglass fixes that :o) Would most definitely repurchase but I'd probably try other colours as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by sharis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oh I just love this gloss! It's a bit scary in the tube but on my light skin (NC20-25) it just pops but doesn't make my lips scream. Just a beautiful coral with gold shimmer that is perfect for Spring/Summer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/13/2008 12:23:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This color is just "meh" for me. The thing that brings it it down to that "meh" level is the gold shimmer in it. This orange/coral color is perfect for someone with my coloring (warm, yellow undertones) but that gold shimmer just is too much for me! MAC is not my favorite lipgloss brand, but I enjoy just popping in the department store and treating myself to a lipglass every now and then. Unfortunately, I will not pop in and repurchase Lychee.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 3:11:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this lip gloss at first when I tried it in winter.It looked like I bit my lips to bleed.I know..ew.I guess that's because I was more pale back then.But as of today I've fallen in love with Lychee Luxe. And I've come to the conclusion that it's absolutely not the lip gloss you should wear on rainy,dark and dull days. It needs light so you can actually see not only the nice coral color and the beautiful gold shimmer dazzling on your lips. It's very striking.By wearing LL with the right eye make up combination OR right blush choice, every head on the street may turn to you. And these are all coming from someone who thinks she's not a coral person.I would repurchase LL in a heartbeat.