August 29, 2014 | 1759 users online

Blush - Tarte - Cheek Stain in Blissful

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2010 11:23:00 PM More reviews by lacubanita

This is the perfect peachy-pink shade for my PPP complexion. It does not have any shimmer, and is buildable. The color looks just like my natural flush, and is very versatile; it goes with warmer and cooler shades in my collection. The formula is long-lasting. It has a dewy appearance on the skin and stays on all day. I will definitely repurchase this color when I run out. I am always happy with Tarte cheek stains, but this is my favorite shade by far.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 7:31:00 PM More reviews by avocadobutter

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have medium skin. This is a warm peachy pink color with no shimmer. I swipe this once on my cheeks and set it with my fingers. It is so easy, and there is no risk of overdoing it. I love its shade, and the dewy look it gives me afterwards. It is great for daytime or night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 11:03:00 PM More reviews by hodetovervannet

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Favorite Tarte cheek color! Pinky peach. Brightens the face.

Tarte Cheek Stain is my favorite product of ALL TIME. I know that sounds totally over the top but it's true. I am 35 and used to use foundation, powder and powder blush and I just kept looking worse and 'older.' I had a few people tell me that my skin looked 'cakey'! GASP! I was horrified and decided to try something totally different. Tarte Cheek stain totally changed my face and how I apply make up! I look so much younger, get compliments on my skin all the time now and feel beautiful again.

First of all, there's something to be said about a natural glow. I never used to believe it. I was a sucker for all the products on the market just like so many women today. I used to wear a 'full face' of makeup from my teen years on. I still to this day don't know why I did! I think foundation is one of the worst possible things for skin unless you are trying to mask significant flaws on your face. For me, foundation and powder blush just made me look older and my skin didn't 'glow' the way it should. I didn't even realize my skin looked 'cakey' until I started my new make up technique and started getting compliments immediately on how much better my skin looks now.

A little about me - I prefer higher end products for colored make up as I think pigments are better and they last longer. I prefer MAC for lipsticks, lipgloss, eyeshadows, eyeliners, etc. (I also like NARS, etc). This is after many years of trying and wasting money on drug store brands.

My secret to beautiful youthful skin at any age? A moisturizing day cream with a bit of sheen to it (not too matte is key) and some of this Tarte Cheek Stain. I am telling you if you try it once you will be hooked. I now just use Burt's Bees Pomegranate Naturally Ageless Day Creme and one of my Tarte Cheek Stain blushes. I swear to you, my face went from dull, drab and cakey with no glow or light to simply youthful, glowy & natural.

I was a huge junkie and still am in many ways. I love to do up my eyes and lips but skin is best left natural and dewy youthful. Trust me!

EVERY time I use one I feel like it's the most delicious and luxurious thing to be doing. Putting smooth, soft and dewy deliciously-scented blush on my cheeks. The experience is just plain FUN! You can't go wrong with Tarte!

The application is so easy. Just put it on any which way. I tend to swirl it around the apples of my cheeks about 7 times and then blend with my fingers up my cheek bones. You can also dab it on instead of smoothing it on. You really cannot go wrong with this stuff!

The product is a bit moist and goes on with a moist feel. It will feel a bit moist for a few minutes but it will dry down and sink into your skin and look so natural. I prefer not to use powder over it to keep me looking even younger but at any point you can put powder over it. (If you are using powder I would HIGHLY recommend Guerlain Les Meteorites balls powder as they are the ONLY powder that doesn't look cakey. It also lasts YEARS AND YEARS! Plus they look and smell like candy, too!)

As far as colors go, I own many colors. I am very fair. MAC NW15 is too dark for me. My skin is almost transparent I've been told. Think vampire white. ;) I have dark brown/auburn hair with blue/grey eyes. I can wear warm tones or cool tones just depending on what I'm wearing on the rest of my face and what clothing I am wearing. I own many of the Tarte Cheek Stain colors. I am a neutral in terms of skin tone.

My Tarte Cheek Stain Descriptions:

1. Dollface - Soft Cotton Candy Pink with white microshimmer. Smells like strawberries and cream. Beautiful color for fair skin. One of my favorites. I especially like the 'white' sheen to it. It is not sparkly at all, just glowy. This is one of my all time favorite colors. Could be a bit light for darker skin tones. You literally will look a bit like a doll with this on. Makes me feel young and sweet.

2. Cloud 9 - Light lavender pink. Smells like grape juice. Very light color and extremely natural on my skin. Is equally as light as Dollface and I think it would better suit fair skin tones as it doesn't show up as much as the colors I am listing next. Incredibly natural color on me. On the cool toned side.

3. Blushing Bride - Pinkish red with a peach undertone. Smells is hard to define - fruity but not as strong. I tend to wear this one a lot. Shows up on my face much like if I were really blushing. Tends to show a bit more peach. Really love this color. Shows warmer than Dollface or Cloud 9. No shimmer.

4. Tipsy - Peachy/Coraly with a hint of white shimmer. Strong fruit scent. Definately a warm tone on me. More like tropical fresh. Great for summer. Don't use this one as much as I prefer the more cool tones because of my skin tone.

5. Bronze Goddess - Soft tan with hint of white shimmer. LOVE THIS COLOR for a natural glow. This is my all time favorite bronzer for me. I have tried them all, too! This has a light coconutty scent - beachy. So natural that even I am fooled.

6. Flushed - Bright Fushia Pink. Very bright pinky fushia. I find that this color is a bit too much for my skin tone. Smells a bit like rasberries. Would probably be great for someone with a bit darker skin tone than myself (which most people are). Very cool-toned. Still can look natural on me but in certain light I can see my cheeks look a bit neon fushia.

I would HIGHLY recommend Tarte Cheek Stain. I truly believe they have changed how I look for the better. I love how they are so transparent and natural. Not so opaque like most blushes. Give them a try.

Taken off of Tarte's website: The tarte t5 super fruit complex (tm) is a proprietary blend of the five most active superfruits: goji, acai, maracuja, acerola and pomegranate. The first blend of its kind, the t5 super fr continued >>

38 out of 41 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by maquillaje8

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE IT ! I am a fan of cheek stains since i just recently got a sample from Sephora. I tried Benefit Benetint ( love it, pink natural flush color ), Posietint (pinky cheeks not as natural as Benetint but beautiful ), Tarte FLUSH ( love the natural ingredients, the gel texture, smell delicious and is very natural, like the flush of my cheeks when i excersice or cold in the winter ), and i just got TARTE BLISSFUL. LOVE IT. Is a sheer peachy pink very natural, i think is a good choice for summer time, better on a tanned skin. I also use a little on my lips and top with LIPFUSION in BARE (purchased at Sephora for just $10 - STEAL). Happy with my purchase. I am a fan of TARTE cheek stain so far. My only complain is a big size with a high price. Should be a smaller container not so pricey.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I love this blush!! It's looks darker in the container than it does going on. Once applied, it's sheer peachy-pink color that looks so natural. Seamless application- it looks like it "comes from within" as so many people say. I feel fresh and youthful with it on. I have an NC35 complexion and it looks great on me. I also have the Natural beauty cheek stain which is also a hit. If you're afraid of gel-stain blush, no fears. I was always worried it would look streaky or wouldn't blend well, but it's SO easy to apply- I just pat it on, and layer for intensity. Ahhh can't wait to add more to my collection. And I try to find them online for less than full price since $30 can be a lot to spend at once for a blush. Even so, the quality is great and you won't regret it!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 9:30:00 PM More reviews by KelliaC

I went to Sephora and told the one of the girls working there that my powder blush would disappear during the day. She automatically suggested I try the Tarte Cheek Stain and stated this product will last for hours. She said to not rub it in but to pat it on with fingers, which she did. (Rubbing it in will cause the blood to flow in my cheeks, which may be misleading to know how much stain to pat on). I was concerned with the stickiness, but she said the stickiness would dissipate after a bit, and she was right. WOW! This stuff is AMAZING!! The stickiness went away and I was left with the most natural cheek color ever, perfect for an everyday look. My cheeks looked like I just came from a ski trip weekend, very natural color! I walked around for hours at the mall and came home to see that my cheeks were still stained!!

The Blissful color is perfect for a green eyed brunette like me. It's a gorgeous peachy pink combination, neutral enough to go with every color lipstick I have. It's not shimmery, since I hate shimmer. My skin is oily and nothing lasts, but this cheek stain is a winner! At first I thought it was expensive - costs $30, but if you keep it clean and wipe off the top on a regular basis, the Sephora girl said it could last me for 1 year!! It smells like jello, glides on smooth, I can control the amount I put on, can deepen the color and the staying power is truly phenomenal. It contains antioxidants and is preservative free. Where has this been all my life. Definitely a HG product for me!! **TIP: The Sephora girl said I could also use this as a lip stain. Can this product be any more amazing!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by beauty_junkie_04

Absolutely beautiful peachy-pink blush, and very natural-looking. I have been super impressed by these cheek stains so far, I can't believe I waited so long to try them! The staying power is amazing, no mid-day fading like with powder blushes when you have oily skin like me. The color looks very natural and flattering. You can wear it as sheer or as dark as you want, and it blends very well. I find myself completely ignoring my powder blushes these days! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 6:09:00 PM More reviews by jillwiersma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

When I find something I like, I tend to buy several more in fear that it is going to get discontinued. Tarte's cheek stain is an exception because the 1 oz size will last me FOREVER! I'm still watching Blissful on eBay right now to see if I can snag one at half price (what a steal!) Anyway, I know these seem a little pricey, but consider the value knowing how long it will last you.
All that aside, I have four of these right now and Blissful is my favorite. It's a very sheer warm red, not to pink, not too blue. I've seen some describe it as pink red ... sheer reddish peach, may be more accurate. It gorgeously compliments my super fair skin.
I don't think I can live without it now. I love that I can dot it on where I need it. I have blotchy red cheeks and didn't think I could blush at all until I discovered the Tarte cs. I use Cover FX cream foundation to even out my skin tone and then I dot on Blissful where I need it to balance out any redness that still shines through.
My only suggestion, (TARTE FOLKS, PLEASE TAKE NOTE!) is there any way to make this a multiuse product? I would love to be able to use this as a lip color. I've tried to use it with Burt's Bees lip balm and it looks amazing with the Stila Apricot lip glaze, but sadly a bitter taste bleeds through.
Here's a quick reference for the four colors I have (I hope to be adding more soon!)
Blissful - sheer reddish peach, smells to me a little like apples (no shimmer, glitter etc). If I could only have one of these, this would be it.
Dollface - bubblegum pink, smells very much like Fruit Loops, some shimmer, barely noticeable when applied.
Tipsy - pinkish peach ... can look at bit fluorescent (maybe just on me), white shimmer, not too much though.
Blushing Bride - (my second favorite after Blissful) Also a sheer red, but more complex. It's similar to Clinique's wildly popular Black Honey almost lipstick, but is warmer. Again, I would love to be able to use this as a lip color!
Hope that's helpful for anyone trying to make a choice.
I'm likely to buy Natural Beauty next! ;D

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2009 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Shimmering_pink

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

Okay, so I have this in tipsy, dollface, and blissful. Tipsy was my favorite, however, blissful has now taken over after I began to use it more! It gives such a natural glow! It has become my go to blush for fall and winter. It is such a natural looking stain and I'm positive it would be flattering on all fair to medium skin tones. It's a little less peachy and more red and natural looking than tipsy. Although these are expensive, they can be found on ebay(as I did), but realistically, this will last forever, you get so much product. So I would say the price is worth it. I cannot wait to try more of these..blushing bride and flush are on my hit list!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by arwen

I'm a big fan of the Tarte cheek stains, and this shade has become my favorite. My complexion has strong yellow undertones which means pink blushes can turn unattractively orange-y after a while - but this color stays a lovely peachy pink on my cheeks, all day long. Would definitely buy again!