December 21, 2014 | 1892 users online

Conditioner - Matrix - Sleek Look Conditioner

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2009 3:03:00 AM More reviews by VCJDC

This product is great to get you through to your next haircut if you tend to really stretch them out like I do. Detangles long, dry hair and makes it feel like a dream. It does build up over time though so selected use is recommended.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2009 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Arbuz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just an OK conditioner for me. I like that it's thick, but I still have to apply it twice when washing my hair. I don't see much improvment in my hair after using a 400 ml bottle of it. Makes my blond hair yellow, too... Lanza Manuka Conditioner works much better for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2009 7:48:00 PM More reviews by annaharris_227

I definitely have the dry, frizzy hair this product is intended for but it didn't do much for me in the way of smoothing. It's not full-on poofy, but my hair could look and feel better with something else. Even when I blow dry, my hair seems slightly dry from this stuff. In fact, I paired Pantene's Full 'n Thick conditioner with the Sleek Look shampoo this morning, used the blow dryer, and my hair is much softer than with the Sleek Look conditioner. I don't think that's a coincidence. I returned this to Ulta earlier, and I won't be buying it again. And another thing: This stuff takes FOREVER to rinse out! This has got to be the hardest conditioner to rinse (and I've tried a bunch!)...and I only use a little half-inch "ribbon" of it on my shoulder length hair. I'm surprised I haven't gotten carpal tunnel from using this for a few days straight. And the end result isn't even worth the trouble it takes to rinse it out either!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/31/2008 5:41:00 PM More reviews by xLaurettax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ruined my hair extensions. It was recommended to me by the girl who put the extensions in, but I think with hair as light as mine it needs some more high-end stuff. Biolage is a decent line but other than that Im not very impressed with Matrix at all. This shampoo and conditioner did little to nothing to detangle or smooth my hair at all, and the smell is overwhelming. Kind of like bad drug store perfume. Would not recommend to anyone with hair extensions or even excessivly coarse natural hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by d0sam1

i recently bought the shampoo and conditioner. well my first initial reaction was that it smells like a bunch of diff. chemicals, and it didn't do much for my really thick,dry, and frizzy, color treated hair. my hair was sleek for a sec but within minutes it went back to the thick dry and frizzy hair i had before. IMO, Herbal Essence's color treated shampoo is soo much better because it smells GREAT and it leaves myhair silky smooth for hours and hours. =]

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2008 12:20:00 AM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have a TON of hair that tends to tangle in the shower. I've been using Matrix Sleek Look conditioner for about a year straight now and found that it works better that most other conditioners i've tried for smoothing and detangling. I don't use it with the matching shampoo, as that caused too much buildup and left my hair looking limp. However, when mixed with a different shampoo, it works great. I never work it in too near the roots though - start about halfway down my hair and work it into the ends. A little on the pricey side, but for the results, its worth it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2008 9:45:00 AM More reviews by MBROOKS425

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my HG conditioner. I have used it for a few years, and I always come back to it again and again. It just works the best for my coarse, thick wavy hair that I straighten everyday. I dont use the shampoo with it.. but I cant live without this conditioner:) I also love their styling cream, I apply that after the shower and let my hair air dry overnight.. and then flat iron in the morning. Would def recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2008 5:08:00 PM More reviews by Angel_Wings

I bought this conditioner as part of a combo with the shampoo. I found that it was too heavy, and too greasy. My hair felt weighed down and oily as a result. Don't get me wrong, it's probably a great product for ppl with extremely dry/frizzy hair. But for me, it was just too much.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by soozeq68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Works well on my thick, coarse, dry and color processed hair! Makes flat ironing much easier.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2008 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Scottish72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This was one of the few Matrix products that I didn't have any success with. I have medium-long, wavy, FRIZZY, thinning (although a TON of hair), which is why I was directed to this product by a stylist. The only thing it did do for my hair was help to detangle. No "sleek" looking hair on this head and shoulder's. I'll pass on repurchase & I can already hear the applause from moi's hair for not being a "repeat offender" in product land. ;-)