November 23, 2014 | 913 users online

Primer/ Corrector - BeneFit Cosmetics - That Gal

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by earpleahxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Oh my gosh! This product is like an oily shiny mess! I had the confessions of a concealholic kit for christmas (which if you want to try out a range of products I really recommend) but when it come to this product it did nothing but make me shine! I looked like a living disco ball, and you could see me from miles away!
It did what it said (which was to brighten up my complexion) but boy did it make me shiny... Like way to shiny, it doesn't matter how little you use you will turn out like a disco ball! Not a good look! Especially if like me you have oily to combination skin :/ it just adds unnecessary shine!
However I feel that if you have a really matte, dull complexion and your looking for a little shine or a dewy finish then a little bit of this may help you out but not a lot at all!! I would no repurchase! Sorry benefit :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2013 10:51:00 AM More reviews by alina08

This product is so goopy. That is the first thing that came to mind when I used it. The packaging allows for a lot of waste and it just oozes out, yuck. When looking at this product, there are two things you have to understand. 1. There is no way that this is a primer. This is chock full of sparkles (really, why would you attract more attention to the flaws by layering them with sparkles?) and 2. The color is really fake-looking. I am pale and this really stands out on my face. It is impossible to use. Maybe you could use this as a cheek highlighter or a brow highlighter, but to say this is a primer is just ridiculous. I would not waste any money on this.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2013 3:47:00 AM More reviews by Zoorkitty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

ok this is the deal. I am new to makeup. My 20 year makeup routine being Clinique Turnaround Lotion, eyeliner/eye pencil, lipstick/gloss. I have recently discovered the world of concealers primers foundation highlighter etc post receiving a Benefit pack as a Christmas gift from the MIL.

So obviously like a child before christmas, I am trying every sample the pack contains.

Pleasantly surprised with Cha Cha Tint, Stay dont Stray and Pore-fessional.

That Gal however..hmm is bleah ! I am an NC43 skintone so the Pink underlay does give me ah ashy look. (probably brightens cold undertones ?) Also if anyone uses Porefessional you DONT need That Gal.

The brightening is subtle so not really worth much and you should continue to use the primers you currently use.

However I just discovered this. It brightens my under eye area better than oo la lift (what's that again, did I even apply anything) . While I am not repurchasing this (going to buy Dior Skinflash) I will continue to apply undereye for. Perk me up.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2013 3:28:00 PM More reviews by TiaDGB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is such a pointless product. It claims to brighten the skin and increase the longevity of your makeup, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

I was excited to try this, since my yellow skin tends to look sallow in the winter and I figured this would be the perfect complexion pick me up....WRONG! Not only does it do nothing for the complexion, but it doesn't go on smoothly or make your face feel like silk like most primers. I didn't notice that my makeup lasted any longer either.

This is the stupidest primer ever. If you're looking for a primer that truly enhances the skin's radiance, check out Laura Mercier's Radiance Primer (I will be reviewing this soon).

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2013 11:12:00 PM More reviews by Mollieismehehe

I have "That Gal" in the regular size that twists up through the little holes and a travel size. Both of them i received in Benefit packs and products that i bought, so I have never actually purchased this product on its own. I'm glad I didn't, because it would have been a waste of money. This primer is pretty expensive, but does not compare to other products out there in the same price range. This product claims to brighten your face as well as prime it for your makeup/foundation. I didn't see any brightening results when I used this under my makeup. It seemed to work just like any other primer would. I didn't notice it really adding to the longevity of my makeup or taking away from it. I would say it's nothing special, just a middle of the road primer. I wouldn't recommend this to anyone, even though I usually like Benefit products, this one just didn't do it for me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by thrrrrob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a primer but I don't see it doing anything for my face other than brightening my mood when I apply it on my face because the product is pink and smells like strawyberries. Yum.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2013 10:40:00 PM More reviews by karen360

Quite disappointed, it did nothing for my skin. It wasn't cheap either. I felt like I was just adding another useless layer of gunk on my face. Didn't like it at all.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/26/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by EmmaBeautObsessed

i was quite disappointed with this product. first off, you only get 11ml of product for almost €30 euro. the packaging is very pretty, i like the design and the colour scheme, as i do with most Benefit products. but the product was an absolute rip off for the amount of money i paid for it.

to me it seems like an expensive, pink moisturiser. i use it sparingly mixed in with my foundation (L'oreal infallible) and highlighter (Benefit high beam). i find that it does not do much to improve the condition of my skin, and it doesnt live up to its claims as i find it didnt 'brighten' my face in any way.
unfortunately, this product was a dud for me. i found it to be virtually useless and no longer bother to incude it in my makeup routine. i will use up the end of it, but i will not repurchase. i do not recommend it to any of you lovely people, save our $$$ and buy something worth using!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by thechain

I had heard such great things about this product, but I was disappointed with the results. The first thing I noticed was that it didn't brighten my skin at all.

It felt nice on my skin, and it wasn't irritating which is great because I have sensitive skin.

But with foundation on top, I found it emphasized my pores which is the exact opposite of what I wanted.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2012 7:32:00 PM More reviews by doris98

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had multiple samples of this over the years, and have been using them consistently. However, I don't see that it does anything -- it's not brightening, nor does it really help hold make up in place, It smells nice, comes in cute packaging for the full size, but that's about it. I wish it worked, but I would never purchase the full size as I believe 3 minis equal the full size 0.28 oz which is $28.