BeneFit Cosmetics That Gal

3.1

water * octyldodecanol * glycerin * cetyl dimethicone * glyceryl stearate * tapioca starch * phenyl trimethicone * potassium cetyl phosphate * cyclopentasiloxane * titanium dioxide * phenoxyethanol * tribehenin * sesame seed oil * caprylyl glycol * mica * behenyl alcohol * cetyl alcohol * polyacrylate 13 * sweet almond seed extract * carbomer * PEG-100 stearate * polylsobutene * aminomethyl propanol * benzophenone-4 * butylene glycol * sorbic acid * lentinus edodes extract * disodium EDTA * BHT * iron oxides * fragrance * sorbitan isostearate * raspberry fruit extract * anthemis nobilis flower extract * polysorbate 20 * sodium methylparaben * algae extract * tin oxide * sodium propylparaben * sodium ethylparaben * methylparaben * linalool * propylene glycol * ethylparaben * butylparaben * chlorphenesin * red33 * citric acid * propylparaben * isobutylparaben * sodium dehydroacetate

on 7/11/2013 3:34:00 PM

All this "primer" does is make your face look glittery and oily and make your foundation last a shorter amount of time. Its absolutely awful.

on 6/22/2013 7:57:00 AM

This came as part of a christmas gift packages they come out with during christmas season. I bought the gift box not for the primer but for the hoola bronzer (which I love!). I was actually surprised to see such low ratings of this product and because of the low ratings, I only started using it after 6 months from my purchase. I use it under the garnier BB cream for oily skin and it is wonderful! It brightens without any hint of pearl sheen or obvious shiny particles. It helps my foundation (or bb cream) glide on and spread evenly. It keeps my oilies at bay, not completely matte but no where near the oil slick sheen I usually get without this. What I love most about this is that it helps my foundation look good all day and night and also doesn't clog my pores at all. Which is usually a problem i have with most primers. I will definitely repurchase!

on 6/11/2013 1:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I actually like this a lot. :)

On good skin days, or when I'm not going to be doing much, I apply all over my face with my fingers, and then a light powder on top (I use Chanel les beiges, or MAC skinfinish natural), and my face looks amazing, and feels like I'm not wearing any makeup.

It smells nice and the texture is liquid. It's so light it feels like you're almost not applying any product haha. The packaging gets dirty very easily, which is a pet peeve of mine. I don't mind having to twist to get the product through the grid.

The actual finish is odd to describe. It doesn't really conceal anything, but it makes my skin look healthy and nice. This is what a real luminous product does.

As a primer this is bad hahahaha. For liquid or cream foundations it won't work at all, but it's nice if you're only going to apply setting powder.

I recommend using this if you are happy with your skin and just looking for a bit of light(?) to it, or something to help your setting powder cling to your face.

on 5/8/2013 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I really, really want to love Benefit cosmetics. The packaging is cute and fun, their branding is top-notch and the sales assistants at my local Debenhams are some of the nicest and most helpful I've met. But when it comes to the product itself, I've had bad luck with this brand. I received a full size of this primer in the limited edition 2012 London Olympics packaging, costing £19.50.

The packaging is really novel and lovely - the full size tube allows you to twist the product which is dispensed through holes in the top of the plastic tube, allowing you to swipe it off and apply. The primer is coral pink and smells exactly like those grape scented markers from school that everyone had as a kid, which is pleasant as most primers either smell of nothing or smell awful. It rubs onto my skin smoothly but doesn't do anything to 'illuminate' my complexion - I assume the pink colour of the product is meant to give a natural glow under sheer foundation, but as I already have pink-toned skin with redness it doesn't do anything like this for me. Currently I use this under my Rimmel BB cream in the warm weather when it's usually too hot to wear foundation or a heavy primer - although it's light when worn, I haven't noticed that my makeup stays in place any longer than when I use a cheap primer or even when using none at all. It definitely doesn't do anything to keep my heavier foundation in place.

Unfortunately this primer didn't work well for me - I'll use it up over the summer but unless I get it as a gift I won't be using it again, especially for the steep price. It might work best on someone with less pink skin pigmentation who likes to wear light, sheer foundation. Sorry Benefit, I'm still looking for a product of yours that actually works for me!

on 5/4/2013 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is regularly a foundation illuminating primer... But i don't use it as one.. I find it way too pink for a primer. I use it as a highlighter on the top of my cheeks and I'm not crazy about it.... It is just ok... I will probably not buy it again.

on 4/3/2013 11:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is a primer that you can also wear on top of all your makeup, and I think it works best that way. Just use a foundation brush and apply it over your makeup to refresh and revamp your foundation. It goes on smoothly, smells amazing, and you instantly see the results. Your makeup looks like you just applied it!

on 3/28/2013 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

these are things it's supposed to do but didn't:

-it doesn't brighten my face becasue you will lay on foundation on top of it anyway
-i have oily skin and this didn't help
-my makeup would have lasted just as long if i didn't have primer at all

on top of everything, this is too expensive for doing practically nothing. the only thing i like about this product is the smell.

on 3/24/2013 9:04:00 PM

Nothing special about this product. It is way too pricey for what you get. I think the only positive thing I could say is that it controls my oily t-zone throughout the day. Other than that save your money...bare minerals primer works WAY better and is cheaper than this product.

on 3/18/2013 10:51:00 PM

This is kind of a hard product to judge. I think that it's fun, it smells good, and when I put it on it seems to brighten my face and I feel refreshed. It makes me feel good, which is what make up is supposed to do. However, I don't really think that it's actually that useful. It doesn't really seem to be a good primer, or at least I haven't noticed it helping my foundation stay on. Also, that brightening power seems to fade pretty quickly. If I had endless amounts of money, I would use this product for the rest of my life. However, it's just expensive for what it actually is at $29 for .39 ounces. There are better products out there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

That Gal primer was nice, but just okay. I liked the smell of it and how it felt going on. It made my skin feel nourished and hydrated and went on smoothly. However, I feel like it didn't help my foundation stay on longer and it didn't control my oiliness as much as I would like it to. The packaging is not practical and for $29 I feel like you don't get enough product.
I want a primer that helps my foundation go on better, last longer, and help to control shine and That Gal did not deliver on these accounts so I will not repurchase.

Popular Primer/ Correctors