Sonia Kashuk Bent Eyeliner Brush

4.6

brush

on 1/15/2011 9:40:00 PM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

This funny looking brush makes applying cream and gel eyeliners a snap. I'd never had much luck with pencil or liquid and was forced into creating thick lines in an effort to hide the fact that my hands were shaky. The first time I used this however, I was able to create a very fine, neat line. I do not regret this purchase at all.

on 12/27/2010 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is an awesome brush that really does make gel eyeliner a breeze. I will say that I have two of these, though, and one of them got frayed: you have to take good care of it or it can get messed up. Mostly I think that just means washing it often enough and not letting liner cake on the bristles. Still, I don't think I'll ever need another brush for my gel liner. This is a really quality product for the price.

on 12/27/2010 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

i love this brush<3 i picked this up after watching various reviews on youtube and i must say i really do like it. it makes lining my eye so easy and smooth - controlling the line thickness is also extremely easy. it also comes with like a plastic covering for the brush part that helps to keep its shape and keep it clean after washing it - awesomeeee !
i just picked up a second one :]
definitely recommend for anyone using gel liner

on 12/27/2010 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This brush is amazing! Applying gel liner can be tricky, but this brush is really helpful for newbies trying to learn and more experienced people alike. I don't have any complaints in terms of application, once you get the hang of it you can easily do a thick or thin line, wing out your liner, apply to your lower lash line and/or waterline, and be as precise as you want. I also like using it in lieu of a smudge brush with other liners, it picks up excess and maintains a clean line while filling small empty gaps and fixing other minor problems. The brush washes very nicely and even dried gel liner comes out easily without messing up the shape of the brushes. I've had this for over a year now, and it's definitely a HG item for me.

on 12/12/2010 2:39:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is an excellent eyeliner brush. The bent angle fits the curves of the eye fantastically and makes applying gel liner much easier (in my opinion at least). The quality is very nice and the price is justifiable. This brush washes very easily without shedding at well, even despite being covered in goopy Paula's Choice gel liner (which is very dry) or waterproof liquid liner. I'm very impressed.

on 12/12/2010 2:09:00 PM

This is amazing. It gives a smooth application to any gel, or cream liner. This is definitely a must have. I cant find anything bad about this brush. It cleans well and does not shed at all. The price is a steal for this brush. It is a must have for anyone from a beauty newbie to professional artist.

The only con, is a small one: the line this brush gives is thin to medium. It can be difficult to make a super thin line. (but that's it honestly buy this thing you will not be disappointed)

on 12/12/2010 1:06:00 PM

This is great!! I've been using a bent brush like this from Smashbox for a few years, which costed me ~20 bucks. This Sonia Kashuk one is just as good and now I won't feel guilty buying a few as back up! While the handle is plastic and cheap feeling, I totally don't mind for the price. The main thing for me are the actual bristles and this is great!! I've used mine for about a year now and it's still in great condition :)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this brush! I like my eyeliner very precise, and this brush definitely does its justice. I can create a very nice, thin line close to my lash line or build up my eyeliner for a thicker line. It distributes gel liner very evenly, so I would recommend this over any gel eyeliner brush I've tried. This brush is very cheap, retailing for about $6.00 at Target in the Midwest.

Edit: I've actually noticed that this brush is a little difficult to use to make a nice, dark line with wing. Still a great brush though, I just prefer MAC's 266 over this one.

on 9/23/2010 5:19:00 PM

The best. Can't add anything to what's already been said in reviews, but this gives the finest smoothest line quickly, easily, and it's nice and inexpensive. I think SK is one of the best lines around.

on 9/18/2010 11:00:00 PM

I initially purchased this brush because I was having so much trouble applying gel eyeliner with the recommended BB brush. I couldn't see what I was doing and this brush helped tremendously. However, I have switched to a different angled brush that has firmer, tapered bristles. This one tends to splay and it is flat or blunt on the end and I don't feel like it produces as fine a line as I can achieve with the other brush. That said, this is a good brush for the price and a great starting point if you are just learning to line your eyes with gel or cream liner.

Top Rated Sonia Kashuk Products