April 16, 2014 | 1400 users online

Liquid - GOSH - X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2010 3:40:00 PM More reviews by CinnamonLee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a hard time finding a makeup pale enough for my fair skin. I tried the porcelain shade of this foundation and it's perfect! It's full coverage and quit thick for a liquid so it does take some time to work with, but for me it's been the best foundation I've used.
Finally a makeup for us super-pale girls!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 10:40:00 PM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I had not bought a liquid foundation in quite a while when I decided to purchase this. I am just not a fan of how liquid foundations look or feel on my skin. Most of them look too fake or feel like a mask, even when applied lightly. However, I was having quite a bit of trouble with my skin and the powder foundation I was using at the time was not giving me enough coverage. So I decided to try a liquid again.
This is definitely not the worst liquid foundation I have ever used, but it is nothing really special either. The colour was a pretty good match (I bought the lightest shade), but this is not as long-wearing as it claims to be. It starts to wear off throughout the day and does not stay matte for very long. It does not look as natural as I would like, and it feels a bit heavy on my skin.
If you are a liquid foundation type person, this is not a terrible product. But like I said, nothing special either. I would not buy this again. I still prefer powder foundation over liquid.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2010 2:50:00 AM More reviews by littlemissmach

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

It's a good basic foundation. Nothing special, it something that I would buy on sale for under 13 bucks at Shopper's and take on a trip. It's not something I would use for a long time or wear to an important event too. But it's good and basic and I didn't experience any significant problems with it. It does its job.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 10:46:00 AM More reviews by toritoritorii

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this foundation for a long time and I'm yet to find any faults. It blends evenly and naturally on my skin. Would definitely but this product again! :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 10:28:00 AM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I bought this on impulse because I wanted to try something new that would be long lasting, less expensive than EL, and not make me look orange. I bought the lightest shade, no. 11 Porcelain, and the colour was a good match: it's super pale! I think there were only about 5 other shades to choose from, so not much of a selection if you are anything other than quite fair. The main problem for me was, like others have commented, the texture was very difficult to work with - I just could not get it to apply evenly. The foundation just didn't seem to want to bond with my skin - I felt I was just moving it around on the surface!
According to the GOSH website, the benefits of this foundation are a: "matt and even complexion with natural finish; no mask feeling; with Vit E and UV filter; contains no perfume; easy and smooth to apply."
Whilst I like the facts about the UV and Vit E and the lack of perfume, I found that the finish was fairly shiny, rather than matt, and that it didn't really even my skin tone. So, all that blending effort for nothing!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2009 10:36:00 AM More reviews by yellowgirl8o8

This is the best foundation ever if you have an Irish pale skin tone!! FINALLY a foundation that won't make you look radioactive orange!!!! Yes, it will not blend at ALL, but hey, the fact that it's not orange like EVERY OTHER foundation is all it needs to be my HG foundation forever. Also, very very very light-reflecting as well as matte. Meaning you have nicely shining skin that doesnt look ultra-oily.

One bad thing----->>>>there is so little of it!!! I mean, I just can't afford to wear this every day, cos I'd have to buy a new bottle every week! So I have to use crap orange Maybelline dream matte stuff.....urrrrrrggghhh.....

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2009 1:19:00 PM More reviews by bethmullarkey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The colour range is horrible, but i bought the second lightest thinking it would be okay, but it looked orange and fake. The consistancy is very thick, sits on the skin like a mask and does not blend, even using brushes, sponges ect. Is a horrible product, the coverage is high but looks very unnatural. Do not buy this foundation.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/15/2009 9:39:00 AM More reviews by Bttrfly587

I agree with what most people are saying about this product. The pros are it was a great match to my skin tone and it had no smell. The cons are that it wasn't extra lasting like it claimed. In just a few hours of putting it on my face was oily and shiny and it didn't cover imperferctions very well.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/12/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Fozziebug

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Horrible product. While I got a good match with my skin and it didn't oxidise into orange like many foundations, it showed every single imperfection. It gave me the appearance of deeper wrinkles, turned my pores into craters and settled into creases around my mouth and nose. The texture felt heavy on my skin and streaked when I tried to blend it, using fingers, sponges AND brushes.

As for the long lasting power, it's awful. It made my skin appear oiler (even though it didn't feel oily) and wore off in about 2 hours on my nose. The best thing I can say is that it didn't break me out and didn't smell too bad.

I tried it with various primers and the results were always the same. Awful, awful, AWFUL! DO not buy.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/16/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by shannonfarrell123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Personally, I hated this foundation. The texture of it was kind of creamy (only word I can think of to describe it) and felt horrible on my skin. It does look nice for about a half hour after you put it on, but after that it just goes blotchy. I wouldn't really recommend it!