GOSH X-ceptional wear liquid foundation

3.6

water, cyclopentasiloxane, CI77891, glycerin, nylon-12, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, C11-12 isoparaffin, trimethylsiloxysilicate, cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 dimethicone, diethylhexyl adipate, titanium dioxide, dimethicone, phenoxyethanol, magnesium sulfate, CI 77492, hydroxyethylcellulose, synthetic beeswax, tocopheryl acetate, disteardimonium hectorite, dimethiconol, alumino, CI77491, methylparaben, talc, CI77499, alcohol denat, simethicone, benzoic acid, butylparaben, ethylparaben, ethylparaben, dehydroocetic acid, citric acid, isobutylparaben, propylparaben.

on 10/23/2010 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

i really like this foundation. after trying nearly every other foundation,i found this one. i have used the powders before and came accross the foundation.it sits evenly on the skin,i dont need to use a lot of it.i like the fact that it is long lasting aswell.will definatly be buying this product again in the future and will reccomend it to anyone who asks.

on 9/28/2010 2:18:00 PM

When i bought this i was really excited for finally finding a foundation pale enough for my skin (I was very pale, and got it in Porcelain). But the foundation just doesnt work for me. Its way to drying and hard to work with, and it looks sooooo cakey! It sets in every dry patch, and is hard to blend.

on 9/24/2010 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I don't understand the low rating this foundation got, because for me it works almost as well as my HG EL DW, if not exactly as well!
The only thing I hate about DW is that in Canada they no longer carry the shade that matched me best (Shell), so I have to wear Ecru, which gets too dark on me as the day goes on. That's why I was looking into switching to a new foundation, so I could have a better match, especially now that winter is coming.
I decided to buy this foundation because I am happy with their Velvet Touch primer. I got the second lightest shade, because Porcelain, the lightest, looked too white, but I am planning to go and buy Porcelain as well.
The shade I bought (Natural) turns a little orange on me as the day goes on, so I'm hoping Porcelain will be better.
But other than that, I have nothing bad to say about this foundation. I love the packaging, it's so easy to use. Because of the liquidy consistency and the fact that it dries pretty fast, I have to work in smaller areas than with other foundations, and blend really well. It covers almost everything nicely, does not emphasize patches of flaky skin, and it actually feels like I'm putting water on my face, when I blend it with my sponge. It doesn't cake at all, even when I build up in some areas. When I'm done, it looks exactly the same as the EL DW looks, slightly less matte, but still matte and flawless. I do use a primer (the GOSH one) and I touch up with my concealer over pimples or scars.
I set it with powder, and it lasts all day. Oil control is identical with EL DW, which means I do get oily after 2-3 hours and I blot about 2-3 times/day, but it does not make me oilier than DW and it is not breaking me out.
I really like this foundation, and if it continues to perform the same, I will probably start buying this instead of DW, since it is so much more affordable and performs the same.
EDIT October'10 - took one more point off because I realized that DW is still much better than this when it comes to oil control and the way it looks

on 7/30/2010 5:49:00 AM

I am a huge fan of this foundation!
When I was given this by a friend, I wasn't at all convinced I'd like it, mainly because i'm a makeup snob and i either use Bobbi Brown, Mac or Clinique and I assumed that this would not be up to my standard.
However I was wrong, I think this foundation is wonderful!
The light reflecting pigments are gorgeous and really do make your skin look refreshed and youthful. It gives lovely coverage which isn't too thick but still covers any flaws and it lasts pretty much all day, especially when used in conjunction with a primer and setting powder.
The price is very cheap and the bottle is a decent size which won't run out quickly.
No downfalls at all

on 5/31/2010 7:34:00 PM

I had an issue with finding a foundation pale enough for my skin [the nickname Casper didn't come from nowhere] and on my quest for a foundation that matched my skin tone I found Gosh's X-ceptional wear liquid foundation. As I do with most make-up, I buy it on a whim and judge its performance from there.

So when I sat down to do my make-up the next day, I was sceptical. I had already been convinced of Gosh's Velvet Touch Eyeliner's lovely results, but surely this foundation being just as good at its job would be too much of a good thing? ~

My scepticism was short lived as I applied the foundation.

As others have stated, the texture of the foundation is quite thick and creamy, but I liked that; perhaps promising some kind of long lasting cover?

This foundation did not disappoint in this aspect; I 'road tested' it by wearing it on a normal, full day and when the time came to remove my make-up, my blemishes and such were still covered and a lot of the foundation was found on the remover wipe. Though, this foundation is a case of 'a little goes a long way' as I found out one day while sitting on the bus on a severely hot day...I swore this stuff was melting off - lovely.

The shades: As others have stated, the available shades are quite limited. I chose Porcelain, the palest shade and was pleasantly surprised at how close it was to my colouring upon first glance.
Though I was disappointed that in certain lights my skin looked a tad orange and I looked a bit too 'done up' - this is when this foundation and I began to have some tiffs.

This is for day wear of course, in retrospect to a night out with pictures being taken; the 'done up' feeling I mentioned beforehand is entirely welcome and the 'light reflecting' boast on the packaging is not a lie - my skin looked flawless and the correct skin tone against the flash of the camera, the matte effect is also truth - no shinyness in sight; lovely! ~

Advantages: Good coverage and lasts all day. Lovely effect on camera. Matte effect is not just a boast on the packaging, neither is the light reflection.

Disadvantages: Can feel too heavy especially during the Summer heat, can look slightly orange in some lighting.

Would you buy this product again?: Yes I have rebought this product, but alas with the increasing heat the bottle I have will stay there until Winter.

~

on 4/25/2010 3:40:00 PM

I have a hard time finding a makeup pale enough for my fair skin. I tried the porcelain shade of this foundation and it's perfect! It's full coverage and quit thick for a liquid so it does take some time to work with, but for me it's been the best foundation I've used.
Finally a makeup for us super-pale girls!

on 4/23/2010 10:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had not bought a liquid foundation in quite a while when I decided to purchase this. I am just not a fan of how liquid foundations look or feel on my skin. Most of them look too fake or feel like a mask, even when applied lightly. However, I was having quite a bit of trouble with my skin and the powder foundation I was using at the time was not giving me enough coverage. So I decided to try a liquid again.
This is definitely not the worst liquid foundation I have ever used, but it is nothing really special either. The colour was a pretty good match (I bought the lightest shade), but this is not as long-wearing as it claims to be. It starts to wear off throughout the day and does not stay matte for very long. It does not look as natural as I would like, and it feels a bit heavy on my skin.
If you are a liquid foundation type person, this is not a terrible product. But like I said, nothing special either. I would not buy this again. I still prefer powder foundation over liquid.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

It's a good basic foundation. Nothing special, it something that I would buy on sale for under 13 bucks at Shopper's and take on a trip. It's not something I would use for a long time or wear to an important event too. But it's good and basic and I didn't experience any significant problems with it. It does its job.

on 1/13/2010 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I've been using this foundation for a long time and I'm yet to find any faults. It blends evenly and naturally on my skin. Would definitely but this product again! :)

I bought this on impulse because I wanted to try something new that would be long lasting, less expensive than EL, and not make me look orange. I bought the lightest shade, no. 11 Porcelain, and the colour was a good match: it's super pale! I think there were only about 5 other shades to choose from, so not much of a selection if you are anything other than quite fair. The main problem for me was, like others have commented, the texture was very difficult to work with - I just could not get it to apply evenly. The foundation just didn't seem to want to bond with my skin - I felt I was just moving it around on the surface!
According to the GOSH website, the benefits of this foundation are a: "matt and even complexion with natural finish; no mask feeling; with Vit E and UV filter; contains no perfume; easy and smooth to apply."
Whilst I like the facts about the UV and Vit E and the lack of perfume, I found that the finish was fairly shiny, rather than matt, and that it didn't really even my skin tone. So, all that blending effort for nothing!