August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 1 of 5 on 10/12/2008 4:02:00 PM More reviews by colourgirl333

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I expected so much more of this mascara!
This was one of my first department store mascara's ive tried and it disappointed me greatly...
The formula is rather dry and the brush is just a gimmick.
Doesnt hold curl very well, doesnt add volume, average increase in length, the colour is kind of grey not a nice black, expensive and a bitch to remove!
Never buying this again,
i can name at least 5 drugstore mascaras that would destroy this mascara.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2008 1:11:00 PM More reviews by Jhereg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Doesnt flake. Looks Shiny on.
Doesnt seem blacker to me. Hate the brush. It managed to make my lashes weird - no matter what I tried, seemed to overcurl my outer lases and left the center ones sticign straight out or up.Doesn't build well. Goes on very thin and building makes it clumpy looking. I will not buy this again though I love Lancome mascaras in general.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2008 9:20:00 AM More reviews by anna_hstad

This mascara is the one I always come back to, nice brush that holds the curl perfectly, colour stays put, no smudges or irritation from this one.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/15/2008 12:34:00 AM More reviews by elfe99

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the worst mascara (okay, maybe not as bad as Cover Girl's Marathon tar mascara) I have ever used. I lost lashes as other reviewers did, but it also flaked little black bits in my eyes and under them, eventually looked worse than no mascara at all, and left my eyes a grey ashen mess. Lancome has many better mascaras, I'm not sure how this got on the shelves.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2008 9:31:00 PM More reviews by SamanthaCB

I went on a recent Lancome mascara spree and this was my least favorite; its not bad, but its not good either. The brush is curved with many tightly packed bristles that do a nice job of defining. While Virtuose can not make a curl, it can maintain a curl fairly well. The brush tends to make the outer lashes curl but leave the middle and inner lashes strait (for me, I have stick strait lashes). It is somewhat water resistant, but it leaves my lashes feeling stiff. One coat looked really natural, and any more than one coat looked a little spidery and waxy. It adds some volume, but no length. It defines well and was a dark glossy black. There are way better mascaras out there than this; especially from Lancome.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2008 10:15:00 PM More reviews by mmhilla

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have naturally light brown, somewhat strait eyelashes that are not voluminous or curly. I love this mascara. I don't want my eyelashes to curl because thay are long and I would look like a clown of sort. I just like mascara's that cover in color, build volume, and most importantly don't gunk up, flake, and leave those little shitballs at the end of your lashes. I will repurchase as I love the brush and the consistancy>>>>>

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2008 12:13:00 PM More reviews by innadivibe

I have long lashes that couldnt hold a curl even if it was surgically enhanced somehow.

This mascara hold the curl for the wholeeeeeeeee day, no droop.
I have alot of issues with mascaras, and fiber mascara is one of them. Had I known prior to that this was actaulyla fiber mascara, I would have avoided it.

BUT im glad I didn't know! True, this mascara clumps, but you get the hang of just how to apply this mascara after a few tries.
True, the lashes can get rather hard, here is a trick, after mascara sets brush ur lashes thru, it softens and makes ur lashes plush!

Im sticking to this mascara, VERY satisfied with the curl hold and everything else it promises.

Dare I say HG? I think I just might.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by ADA77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Sorry , i think this is a bad mascara .(Do they know it and is that why Lancome keeps giving away gwp sizes of this in every opportunity?)
here's why it's not the worst : Doesn't clump and does do a good job of curling as it promises
and here's why it's bad : it must the formula , but my lashes became brittle after using this for a few days in a row , lose a few lashes during taking it off and this is not very usual for me .
besides the curl, it doesn't really give volume or length .

rated 2 of 5 on 8/15/2008 10:40:00 AM More reviews by Tell_it_like_it_is

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not a fan,it does not do anything it says it is going to do it's just a basic mascara! Thank god I did not have to pay for this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2008 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Bruises

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This mascara has good staying power, no smudges, and the black is very black. However, it did not define my lashes as much as Hypnose does. It doesn't make my lashes curl more or make them longer. I have to use hypnose after to make them thicker. The Lancome lady swore that this one would be better then Hypnose but I should have knew she didn't know what she was talking about when she said Hypnose had no lengthing power. For the price there are WAY better drugstore mascaras that will do the same as this product.