July 23, 2014 | 2116 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Ncynthia27

Amazing powder!Totally recommend this powder especially to those who have oily skin like me.This powder is oil free, wont clog your pore and is dermatologist tested.It leaves a natural matte finish without making you look "cake face" and control the oil for hours. One of the best drugstore powders I've purchased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

I used to think that Rimmel Stay Matte was the best drugstore powder... Until recently when I discovered it contained a few different oils that were clogging my skin. So I started searching for a new powder and tried this. It's oil-free and it keeps me matte so much longer! I can really see a difference in the wear of my foundation when I use this powder. It keeps my skin looking smooth, matte, and flawless. I highly recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really keeps my oily skin matte. after several hours of wearing this product my skin did start to get a bit shiny, but it looked more glowy than greasy. the packaging is nice and i will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the little sponge and mirror part on the bottom! Keeps me matte!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by aobrie

I really like this powder when it comes to mattifying, however the packaging is way to clunky and I wish it had more product and less plastic. I don't know If they already make it but I am yet to find a translucent one because the lightest shade is to dark for me. This powder will keep me slightly more matte throughout the day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2013 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kinamorata

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am on my third compact of this since discovering it last year. I have combination skin, NC30 and I buy the second shade. Although last time it was on sale, only the third was available so I got that and realized that there's barely any coverage. I apply this with either the Ecotools bronzer brush or Real Techniques buffing brush over Make Up For Ever face & body or MUFE full coverage conealer to set everything. Then I apply a NARS blush and I'm good for the day. I do have to blot after six hours to keep the shine away but at the end of the day/night, my foundation and blush still look decent. I don't care for the awkward packaging with the swivel mirror since I leave it in my bathroom. I definitely prefer this over the Rimmel Stay Matte. I need to get a backup when it's on sale, the cheapest I've bought it for is $7.99 at Shoppers Drug Mart. This product is HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by fionamills123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product! I would go out and buy it again in a heart beat! I really like the matte look and it sets my makeup so nicely! I also deal with semi oily skin and it keeps my makeup up in place and hides the shine for a long time. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/9/2013 7:51:00 PM More reviews by beautyheartsusxo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I actually really liked this prouduct. I really does do what it says. It was fairly cheap and I would definatly repurchase when I run out!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by MadelineSally

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It does the job, I like this as a setting powder but I prefer Rimmel Stay Matte. Rimmel Stay Matte works even better than this, and is less expensive. It's overall an ok product, but I would not repurchase this!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2013 12:34:00 PM More reviews by chellio

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

If you have acne-prone skin, DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!

I've been using this powder for several months now. When I started using it I was on a good skincare regimen (retin-a and aczone at night, duac in the morning), so most of the problems I later experienced with this were kind of lessened. If I ever slept in my makeup, though, I would break out. I always had one or two pimples I was worried about, too, but I thought that was just because my medicines weren't working as well as they should.

My skin kept getting worse and worse, though, so I thought it was time to try different face treatments. I tried the acne.org regimen for about a month and a half, and my face only got worse. I think this was in large part due to the powder, and the retin-a no longer clearing it out of my pores on a regular basis. My skin got really horrible and I switched back to retin-a. My skin continued to get worse (worse than it's ever been), and eventually I decided to look up reviews again for this product. Turns out, the type of acne I had been experiencing is pretty common with this product. Tiny bumps everywhere that showed in the sunlight, as well as HORRIBLE cystic acne all over my cheeks--where I never broke out before--and jawline.

I threw out all of my drugstore makeup and bought some Jane Iredale foundation. My skin is way clearer now, and I'm really happy to have figured out what my problem was.