October 20, 2014 | 2121 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by rainnkenyon

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this. Sets my makeup, never looks cakey, is inexpensive, lasts foreverl I bought my first one over a year ago, and it barely looks used. I use a fluffy brush, not the puff, so maybe that is why. I already have backups if I ever need them. I would hate to be without this, it is my go to powder with breaks for Rimmel's matte.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by satin828

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I discovered this pressed powder 2 years ago when I was looking for a cheap drug-store powder and am now on my third package. This is a quite cheap ($10 CAD), and you get a lot of product (9g). I have it in shade 10 sand.

As the other reviewers have noted, it's a great powder. The texture is silky, and it blends really well. The finish is soft and not too cakey. It's good for setting foundation and controlling shine. I often need to re-apply every 3-4 hours, but that's pretty normal for a powder. The packaging isn't my favourite as it's bulky,and the applicator is too thin and makes the application cakey. I like applying it with a large brush instead. This product also lasts quite a while; I only have to re-stock every 6 months. Overall, it's a good, inexpensive, basic powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2013 12:40:00 AM More reviews by confessionsonadancefloor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I was looking for a powder that would do a good job A) setting my makeup, and B) controlling the oils in my t-zone. After reading various reviews, I decided to give Maybelline's dream matte (pressed) powder a whirl. I was really impressed with how sheer it was - unlike other powders that made my face look like a powdered doughnut, this blended into my skin very well.

I had decided to leave the powder at home that day, hoping the coverage I put on would carry me through the day. Unfortunately when I checked my face in the mirror about 4 or so hours later, my t-zone was showing some oil. It looked more like a 'glow' than it did 'oily,' but I wanted my coverage to provide matte skin and this doesn't have the staying power I was looking for.

I now take this to work with me, and I find applying it every four or so hours does the trick nicely - but I'd prefer longer coverage so I don't think I'll be purchasing it again.

PROS:
    - If you're looking for sheer, lightweight coverage (as I was,) this is the powder for you.
    - Blends into skin very well.
    - Has a soft feel, unlike some powders which are rather tough and grainy.

CONS:
    - Staying power is not very long.
    - Not for oily skin or oil control.
    - The application pad included isn't very effective.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2013 6:31:00 PM More reviews by katealbright

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is BY FAR the best drug store powder (or compact makeup in general) that I have ever tried -- and I am a very experimental person! I do also enjoy the Almay Smart Shade Powder because it is great for sensitive skin, but it's a little too sheer and when you start to layer it begins to look cakey. With this, you only need a light velvety coating for some great coverage, which I think less is better for sensitive skin. However it layers well too. I use it to seal my BB and concealer and as a base primer for eyeshadow. It gives me a little extra coverage and stays smooth and matte all day even with my particularly oily eyelids and nose crease. For the drug store price and convenience, this kind of performance from a powder is pretty hard to beat.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:42:00 PM More reviews by joselineochoa

ewwwwww

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i always repurchased this stuff.i am so madly in love.i used everyday its so subtle invisible almost like my face look better without feel to much.
    i am in shade medium sand ,mac nc 20-25.
    the sponge so badly..please maybelline,u sponge in dream matte must be replaced soon :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/16/2013 8:40:00 PM More reviews by Ncynthia27

Amazing powder!Totally recommend this powder especially to those who have oily skin like me.This powder is oil free, wont clog your pore and is dermatologist tested.It leaves a natural matte finish without making you look "cake face" and control the oil for hours. One of the best drugstore powders I've purchased.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by babyblue59

I used to think that Rimmel Stay Matte was the best drugstore powder... Until recently when I discovered it contained a few different oils that were clogging my skin. So I started searching for a new powder and tried this. It's oil-free and it keeps me matte so much longer! I can really see a difference in the wear of my foundation when I use this powder. It keeps my skin looking smooth, matte, and flawless. I highly recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/29/2013 5:45:00 PM More reviews by hellokittyrox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product really keeps my oily skin matte. after several hours of wearing this product my skin did start to get a bit shiny, but it looked more glowy than greasy. the packaging is nice and i will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 8:20:00 PM More reviews by LussyCakes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Love the little sponge and mirror part on the bottom! Keeps me matte!