Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

4.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've been trying to look for a decent flat iron for a while. Though my Asian hair is short, I have long side bangs. After I take a shower, the ends tend to curl when they dry. It didn't look very flattering. I didn't want to get a cheap brand straightener that doesn't work, nor did I want an overly expensive one.

Lucky for me, the Marshalls near my house was having a store wide clearance. I got the 1/2 plate model, which is perfect for my short hair, for only 24.99 USD. When I got home, I took it out of the package, and plugged it in. I loved how it heated up immediately and there were no snags when I ran it through my hair.

The results were AMAZING. It straightened out my annoying split bangs without over drying or damaging it. Another thing I love about it is it's size. It's small enough for me to carry around in my purse. I just plug it in and in less than a few minutes I have straight ends.

However, I do suggest that you treat you hair first before using it. Girls with already damaged hair have had problems involving this product. So condition your hair properly and go easy on those hair chemicals. I do highly recommend it to women with more tamed hair.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I Adore this straightener. My roommate had the Chi and it worked wonderfully on her hair so I thought I'd shell out and get one too. I started wondering why her hair would be lovely and mine would still be wavy. I have Looooong curly/wavy hair, (think Shakira) and then it dawned on me, 'Hey dummy it's b/c her hair isn't naturally curly' lol. So I got this iron because it has an adjustable digital heat setting. I use it on the 375 degree increment and my hair is gorgeously glossy and straight. I don't even bother blow drying. I just air dry and then run this through my hair. I bought the 1 and 3/4 inch size for my mid-back length hair. It does my hair in a quarter of the time the Chi did. I only have to pass it over my hair twice for poker straight shine and I love how the titanium plates NEVER catch my hair and tug. I get compliments everywhere I go. Its like I got a professional blowout. It even seems to change the texture of my hair and inhibits any frizz whatsoever. I live in San Fran and sometimes the fog and rain can wreck havoc on my mane. After using this straightener I can go out in the rain without any of the Poof! I couldn't live without it. I will definitely repurchase. Another great perk is the FOUR year warranty. Un-heard of! Goes to show this company knows it's made a superior product and has the balls to back it up. Love it, and I got a deal on it too so I can't argue with the price. I'd pay double what they are asking however, that is how much I need this iron.

on 1/21/2009 11:50:00 PM

I own the 1/2 inch version of his straightener and it is affordable and amazing. Heats up real fast and stays hot. I have naturally straight asian hair, but my hair gets a bit wavy and unbelieveably hard to tame sometimes after a night of sleep. The 1/2 inch gets really close to the scalp. It also makes great curls when the occasion calls for them. The only down side is that there is no heat setting on this version as suppose to the 1 inch and up versions. But overall I'm very satisfied. I would buy this again if my current one breaks down.

on 11/10/2008 11:41:00 PM

I bought this on Amazon (Beauty Center Online) for $87, the 1.25 inch for hair 3 inches longer than shoulder length. This is the first straightening iron I have owned, and it is worth the price. I use it only on weekends. Although I have straight hair, it leaves my hair more shiny and styled, so that every strand is in its place. I look more put together for any professional or leisure event.

on 11/10/2008 9:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

this is absolutely the best flat iron that i've ever used, and believe me, i have used a LOT! i've been buying/using flat irons since i was 13, so that makes for over twelve years of using them every single day. i have had irons from Sally's, Target, salons, Solano, CHI- you name it, i've owned/used it. i actually got a CHI for Christmas when i was 19 and used that off and on until about six months ago when it finally burned out for good. i spent a lot of time and did a lot of research trying to figure out the best iron to buy since they are expensive and i wanted to spend my money wisely, and finally settled on the Pro Nano Titanium. i am so ecstatically glad that i did! this iron heats up in seconds, stays hot the whole time you use it, has multiple heat settings for different hair types (and it's not the kind of iron where the only setting that actually works is the hottest one either-- i use it set on 375 degrees which is more than hot enough to straighten my fine but abundant, naturally wavy hair), is longer than normal irons which makes it easier and faster to use, is really sleek and cute looking, and the biggie: IT DOESN'T SNAG YOUR HAIR AT ALL WHILE YOU'RE USING IT! that is one of my biggest pet peeves, i LOATHE it when an iron snags and rips out strands of your hair as you're running it through the sections! also, in all my years of flat ironing i have never gotten my hair as straight and sleek as quickly as i get it with the Pro Nano. it takes exactly ONE pass through each section of hair to get it silky poker straight. it never burns my hair or dries it out either, which is a big factor when it comes to irons. also, it's very comfortable to use, and the buttons and dials are in a smart place on the iron so that you don't accidentally push them and turn it off while you're using it. another wonderful thing about this iron is the fact that it comes with a FOUR year warranty (when purchased from Folica.com). knowing that Babyliss will replace this iron for the next four years if something goes wrong with it makes it a whole lot easier to spend over $100 on it. i have used this iron every single day since i purchased it and would glady recommend it to anyone i possibly could. it is a little bit more expensive than similar popular irons like the Sedu or the Solia, but if you do any research on those you read tons of horror stories about them falling apart, breaking or just not working months after purchase. look at the ratings for the Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium-- practically nothing but 5 stars! this iron is amazing, take the word of a flat ironing expert and spend the extra money on it, you won't be disappointed.

on 11/4/2008 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really great straightening iron! I previous had a Chi for like 3 years but I didn't think it was hot enough and it seemed to take a long time to straighten my hair. I read about this iron on MUA and got it off ebay for a decent price. My hair straightens much more quickly than with my Chi. I haven't had any problems with heat damage on my baby-fine hair either. I feel like my hair was frizzy sometimes with the Chi, but not with this.

I got the 1 1/4" model, though I think maybe I should have gotten a smaller one because I have fairly short hair and sometimes it feels a bit bulky.

Warning: do NOT burn yourself with this thing. I have burned myself on the hand with my chi before, and I got a small burn, nothing bad. I burned myself a week and a half ago with this thing and I got a really bad burn that still hasn't completely healed yet.

on 10/21/2008 10:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

never ever ever buy this product...UGH burnt my hair to a crisp not even on the highest setting. i have really thick curly/wavy hair, and honestly not in the best condition(from all the heat i use and past relaxing and blah blah..) its heavy and felt like it was going to break if i ever dropped it on accident, honestly looked just plain crappy. so yea my hair is fried. it does straighten good..but the damage is not worth one bit of it.

on 10/19/2008 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Okay...I live in a small town in Indiana and my hairstylist had this flat iron on sale for $80!!!! I bought it because my Paul Mitchell was horrible from the start. The lime green plates flaked off almost immediately, and it was starting to ruin my hair.
About the Babyliss....WONDERFUL!!! I can't believe how much I love this flat iron. It goes up to 460 degrees, which I can safely use with my super thick hair. My hair is so soft and healthy and even my beautician agrees. I flat iron my hair about 6 days a week with no problems...I do use a great heat protector though. This flat iron glides through my hair effortlessly and gives me even heat all the way through. It works so much faster than my Paul Mitchell ever did, and I love that it gets hot almost immediately. I can't rave enough about this flat iron, and I am so lucky about the price...what a steal!

on 9/12/2008 6:32:00 PM

I have the 1-1/4 inch model. This is my 3rd flat iron and I love it! I have thick slightly wavy hair and I only have do one 'pass' on my hair and it's straight...which means it cuts down on my ironing time. I use the 2nd lowest heat setting on dry hair. I have since recommended this flat iron to others since it's so reasonably priced. I got mine at beautychoice.com (search for codes online).

on 9/6/2008 8:38:00 PM

Having Curly hair is EXHAUSTING!!! I'm sicilian so i have very curly, kind of kinky hair - one of the downsides of being italian. Anyways, after all my effort into having the Healthiest hair around, i still get frizzy hair after I straighten it. Chi, Rusk, GHD, Cricket etc couldnt keep my hair from Frizzing up in High Humidity... Living on Long island, NY is a Killer in the summer. Enter Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Iron. It has a temp setting which is good, so i can Lower it, when i go over my highlighted peices - Bonus. I just used it for the first time today, and Tropical Storm Hannah Blew into NY, and I was standing outside for a good half hour. My hair is STILL STRAIGHT - no poof ! I'm shocked. With my GHD iron i would have a nasty bird's nest in the back of my head by now.. With this Babyliss Iron, No birds Nest? I kind of miss it - LOL... I used it on the 375 setting... thats not as hot as my GHD gets, and i beleive the chi gets hotter than that - This iron gets alot hotter than both... I use a heat spray and Kerastase Ciment Thermique, so i should be ok with Protection.., But i'm just still in shock that my hair didnt frizz up yet.... I will continue to use, and update if my hair synges off - Lets hope not! A great Iron SO FAR. The best i've tried.

Top Rated Babyliss Products