July 29, 2014 | 1259 users online

Hair Styling Tools - Babyliss - Pro Nano Titanium Straightening Iron

rated 1 of 5 on 10/21/2008 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Lisaxox425

never ever ever buy this product...UGH burnt my hair to a crisp not even on the highest setting. i have really thick curly/wavy hair, and honestly not in the best condition(from all the heat i use and past relaxing and blah blah..) its heavy and felt like it was going to break if i ever dropped it on accident, honestly looked just plain crappy. so yea my hair is fried. it does straighten good..but the damage is not worth one bit of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by Mattisen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay...I live in a small town in Indiana and my hairstylist had this flat iron on sale for $80!!!! I bought it because my Paul Mitchell was horrible from the start. The lime green plates flaked off almost immediately, and it was starting to ruin my hair.
About the Babyliss....WONDERFUL!!! I can't believe how much I love this flat iron. It goes up to 460 degrees, which I can safely use with my super thick hair. My hair is so soft and healthy and even my beautician agrees. I flat iron my hair about 6 days a week with no problems...I do use a great heat protector though. This flat iron glides through my hair effortlessly and gives me even heat all the way through. It works so much faster than my Paul Mitchell ever did, and I love that it gets hot almost immediately. I can't rave enough about this flat iron, and I am so lucky about the price...what a steal!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 6:32:00 PM More reviews by jaz_go

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I have the 1-1/4 inch model. This is my 3rd flat iron and I love it! I have thick slightly wavy hair and I only have do one 'pass' on my hair and it's straight...which means it cuts down on my ironing time. I use the 2nd lowest heat setting on dry hair. I have since recommended this flat iron to others since it's so reasonably priced. I got mine at beautychoice.com (search for codes online).

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2008 8:38:00 PM More reviews by patsgirl321

Having Curly hair is EXHAUSTING!!! I'm sicilian so i have very curly, kind of kinky hair - one of the downsides of being italian. Anyways, after all my effort into having the Healthiest hair around, i still get frizzy hair after I straighten it. Chi, Rusk, GHD, Cricket etc couldnt keep my hair from Frizzing up in High Humidity... Living on Long island, NY is a Killer in the summer. Enter Babyliss Pro Nano Titanium Iron. It has a temp setting which is good, so i can Lower it, when i go over my highlighted peices - Bonus. I just used it for the first time today, and Tropical Storm Hannah Blew into NY, and I was standing outside for a good half hour. My hair is STILL STRAIGHT - no poof ! I'm shocked. With my GHD iron i would have a nasty bird's nest in the back of my head by now.. With this Babyliss Iron, No birds Nest? I kind of miss it - LOL... I used it on the 375 setting... thats not as hot as my GHD gets, and i beleive the chi gets hotter than that - This iron gets alot hotter than both... I use a heat spray and Kerastase Ciment Thermique, so i should be ok with Protection.., But i'm just still in shock that my hair didnt frizz up yet.... I will continue to use, and update if my hair synges off - Lets hope not! A great Iron SO FAR. The best i've tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2008 11:51:00 PM More reviews by phan22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This iron is really great. It has digital temperature control (pre-set temperature choices for different types of hair) titanium, ceramic, ionic. all the fancy things pro irons should have. Doesn't snag or pull my hair, and leaves it soft and shiny. Comes with a 4 yr warranty, and is available on folica for $130. The color is nice too- metallic blue. The plates are also longer than other irons. Easy to use, swivel/non-tangle cord. I got it in the 1 1/4 inch size which seems to be the most versatile/popular size. I have normal, long slightly wavy hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/21/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by trueboo

This flat iron is awesome.. i use the second from the bottom heat setting and it is very hot and yet no burned ends, even using it very often! I absolutely love it,and have purchased for my daughter, and my neice, as well as recommended to several friends, all of whom have been very pleased! YAY! If it does every die or get lost, i'd buy another in a second!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2008 12:39:00 PM More reviews by djxsugax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As a hairstylist I have tried EVERYTHING. This iron, by far, is the best on the market. It never damages or pulls my hair and it makes my over processed hair look so shiny and healthy. Forget the Chi---you're wasting your money and ruining your hair--go with Babybliss!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2007 5:46:00 PM More reviews by hapapower

What a great flatiron! It is of superior construction and doesn't feel flimsy at all. It heats up beautifully and straightens quickly (5-10 minutes for me) and like a dream. I love the clamp on this iron...it just feels so solid, glides through my hair effortlessly, and is so easy to use...I had used a HAI ConvertAble prior to buying this, which was idiotic since my hairstylist raved about the Nano...she used the Nano on my hair and I freaked when I saw how absolutely gorgeous, silky and arrow straight my hair was that time...when I used the HAI, I got so-so results, but then I got the Nano and WOW...all of a sudden, I got the silky sheet of hair I got in the salon...well, close to it!

I hope this lasts me a long time, but if I ever have to get another, this would be a definite repurchase!! LOVE this!! Check Folica for a great price...I got it for 130 bucks there. This iron was worth every penny despite the fact that I was hyperventilating when I ordered it! Buy this!!

UPDATE (6/1/08): I am adding this update for two reasons.

I still think this is the best flat iron out there, but I am frustrated by the fact that I still can't get *exactly* the results that my hairdresser achieves...ugh!!!

Secondly, I am upset by the fact that though I have taken great care of this item and have used it seldom (on average once every two weeks), the thing has malfunctioned already (less than 9 months later) by not turning on. WTF? Great. Yeah, my hair looked jacked the other night for my date, and all because this stupid thing decided not to work...So now I get to pay extra to ship it back to Folica and get a warranty replacement. So I am removing a lippie for that. At least it decided to malfunction within the warranty period. But now I am wary of its longevity...

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 3:24:00 PM More reviews by dmd1

After having two Chi irons (one regular, one turbo) break on me in three months, the store owner where I purchased and then returned them recommended this instead. For many reasons, this one is far superior. First of all, it comes with a four-year warantee (which beats the ChI's by three years!). Secondly, it has multiple adjustable heat settings. Thirdly, it gets much hotter than the Chi, ,which cuts my straightening time significantly. Forthly (is that a word?), it feels more substantial than the Chi. I'm suprised there isn't more buzz here about this iron. I love it!