December 18, 2014 | 1667 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2008 4:51:00 AM More reviews by brownie_953

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I was given a sample of this at the EL counter, when I asked for one.

This smelled simply horrible to me. I didn't notice a distinct tuberose or gardenia note to it. It simply reeked of chemical flower notes that were so strong. It was linear too. No discernable top, middle and bottom notes. I'm just so surprised that this was a creation from Aerin Lauder(sure she has perfumers, but she oversees it and was advertizing it, saying she and her friends love it). Wow.....

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2008 6:26:00 AM More reviews by Aquababac

This is te most true-to life gardenia on my skin i have ever tested. No tuberose in sight, thanks god. Sillage of probably 48h+ if someone doesn't bath (ew). I can't wear it, not me at all, but the scent is worth admiring.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2008 1:33:00 AM More reviews by silverwing99

I bought this after reading the reviews & I'm so glad! This is a beautiful scent... very lady-like, elegant & fresh. I don't think of this as a "sexy" scent but something you'd choose for a great wedding day perfume maybe. I agree that it does remind me of hawaiian leis! I didn't think about that until I actually wore this for a few days. Having been to Hawaii several times, it was a nice olefactory reminder :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/6/2008 2:56:00 AM More reviews by ameshi

I love love love the scent of gardenia and unlike some other fragrances that come to mind, Tuberose Gardenia comes close to the real thing and the tuberose a nice add on. This has a GREAT staying power - one spritz lasts me the entire day and stays on in a nice and subtle way after a shower.

The scent is very crisp but perfumes react to everybody differently, and unfortunately, Tuberose Gardenia is very strong and sharp on me for the first several hours. During that time, it also develops an unwelcome powdery feel. The scent warms and mellows as the day goes on, but the initial scent is a let down, which is a shame since I so love the fragrance by itself.

I'll stick with Chanel Gardenia for a more consistent, cleaner and subtle scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ccmadamoiselle

I love, love, love Estee Lauder's Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia. I was worriedthe tuberose would turn on me and/or the gardenia would smell like a cupcake. Surprisingly, the burst of tuberose melts into a powdery soft gardenia as the day goes on. The neroli cuts any sweetness without being too green or masculine. I'm impressed by the lasting power. The hammered gold-colored cap looks pretty against the simple glass bottle. An instant fave!

From Estee website:
Top Notes: Neroli, Lilac, Rosewood
Middle Notes: Tuberose Nature Intact and Gardenia. Surrounded by Orangeflower Nature Intact, Jasmine, White Lilies and Orangeflowers
Final Notes: Carnation, Vanilla Bourbon

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by AshlieC

I love estee lauder private collection tuberose gardenia....At first the scent is very tuberose but then it settles to a nice gardenia....I have been looking everywhere for the perfect gardenia scent and I have finally found it!!!! It makes me feel very elegant and grown-up when I where it without making me smell like an old lady......If you love gardenia you have to try this, I think it is suitable for every age

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 6:25:00 PM More reviews by SBMD

This is what I expected Marc Jacobs first scent to smell like. Linear and creamy with staying power. Not as "green" as my Carnal Flower but more floral with hints of Tuberose and Gardenia. I swear I smell honeysuckle when I first spritz it. The bottle with the "hammered" gold cap is classic looking. I will repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2007 10:20:00 AM More reviews by jan0124

smelled this for the first time yesterday.it's not what I expected.it's much richer,deeper,& complex than I anticipated. I was thinking Marc Jacobs knockoff,but the tuberose gives it a heady sophisticated wow factor.it's definitely an evening out fragrance or for a woman that wants to make an entrance.really lovely perfume

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2007 10:16:00 PM More reviews by melanous

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I like the scent, it is really pretty and I think unlike anything out there currently. It's not as *in your face* as Marc Jacobs, (which I think can be over the top and I love fragrance and gardenias, tuberose, etc.). Anyway, this is really beautiful and has curved edges, something fresh and delicate but it does seem to last on me decently. I haven't bought, just tried in the store. This evening, I had an event and I extended the scent by mixing with the Fracas that I already own--great combo! I just wish it was not so expensive, aaaack. Fracas lasts all the live long day and it's very concentrated, this one is much lighter but there is something else in here (jasmine?) that gives it a girly feel. I wish someone would buy this for me as a present!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2007 3:18:00 AM More reviews by KarenCG

I love this beautiful scent -- the gardenia really stands out on me and dries down to a lovely soft scent. The packaging is nice as well. My only complaint is that is doesn't last very long on me. :( I may try the body cream with it.