Korres Wild Rose Mask

3.8

INGREDIENTS:Water, CI77891, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii Fruit (Shea Butter), C12-13 Alkyl Lactate, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Rosa Canina Oil, Cetearyl Alcohol, Beeswax, Mannitol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Ceteth-20 Phosphate, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil Unsaponifiables, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Allantoin, Ascorbic Acid, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Citronellol, Dextrin, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ferulic Acid, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Isohexadecane, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Panthenol, PEG-8, Phenoxyethanol, Polysorbate-80, Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Acrylate/Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Gluconate, Sodium Phytate, Waltheria Indica Leaf Extract.

on 10/31/2008 10:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Frankly, I don't notice that much of a difference after using this mask. I do love it as more of an indulgence than anything else. It smells beautiful and the feeling of it on the skin and after washing it off is very very nice. I use it once a week and I'll definitely be using it more often during the xmas party season. After I tun out, I think I will buy it again next time I feel like treating myself to something nice.

on 10/3/2008 8:07:00 PM

An excellent face mask by Korres Natural Products, promising to offer instant illumination and brightness to the skin as stated on the packaging!And that it surely does!With extracts of wild rose oil which is rich in Vitamine C, it will make your skin glow.At least that is what it did for mine.Dont expect a dramatic change, but I think that after a tiresome day, when facial skin is more likely to look dull and pale, this will be perfect as it restores a natural healthy glow. Firstly I use a mild scrub, then dry face and leave the mask on for about 15 min. as instructed and it rince off. Voila perfectly healthy and moisturized looking skin!The packaging is not sanitary at all, as with all other Korres masks, so you will have to use a scoop or something similar to prevent germs from getting in the jar. Apart from that, the mask is perfect and HG for me. I recommend it and I would repurchase!It only costs 13.00 in Greece;)

on 9/28/2008 2:31:00 AM

Wow! I have never tried a mask like this before and I love it! First, this smells amazing! I usually don't let the smell of products determine if I like them..but it doesn't hurt for them to smell good...this one smells soo great! Second, it feels cooling on my face so I use this after a hard day..third, it leaves me skin clear, clean and hydrated...the price is high, but I got mine off eBay for $15. The only thing I don't like is that is is packaged in a jar so it gets messy but it's not that big of a deal once you get the hang of it.

Although I do love the results from LUSH masks just a tad better, I like this one quite a bit (mostly because it's more readily available for me than LUSH, and it keeps much longer).

It moisturises, brightens, calms and hydrates.
It has a nice warming sensation, almost a reminder that it's working wonders on the skin.
I love using it after a long day of travel, or just a long day, period.

No breakouts, no clogged pores, nothing dodgy.

Don't really care for the scent (it's akin to all the other Korres rose products... kinda phony and old-ladyish). But, it's not so horrible that I can't use the stuff. The results are well-worth having to put up with the cloying scent.

The consistency is thick, almost like a really heavy suncream. The mask doesn't fully dry, as one would expect.

I leave it on for 15 minutes, for full efficacy.

I'll definitely repurchase this, as it's a convenient product I can toss in my tote and use whenever my face (or my mood) needs some perking up!

EDIT: This has become an HG for me. I have a wacky combo of rosacea and perioral dermatitis that have made my life miserable for most of 2008. I found that this product has definitely helped with flare-ups and has helped limit breakouts on my face, and giving it softness and radiance when nothing else would.

I decided to try this mask after seeing all the positive reviews. I do have to say that I truly enjoy using this mask after a warm shower. It brightens the skin and leaves it feeling hydrated. Pretty good buy for 27 dollars at Sephora!

on 7/23/2008 11:19:00 AM

This is amazing! I first tried it in a tester sachet, i love the korres testers they're perfect for travelling and there is just enough in there to be able tell if you like something without having to commit to buying the full product, so if in doubt be sure you ask for a couple of sachets.
I don't really like rose scents but this one is actually quite pleasant. I apply the mask directly from the jar and leave it on for about 1/2 an hour and i am left with glowing skin and any blemishes appear diminished. I have reccomended this to my sister and she loves it too now!
I use this roughly twice a week and i still have loads left in the pot, i will definately buy this again when this tub has finished.

on 7/7/2008 3:17:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

To be honest, I bought this mask because the one I was looking for was out of stock. Lucky me! I was looking for a mask to brighten and tone my skin as it was looking very dull recently. Wild rose mask is the first Korres product I have tried and it's really great! Consistency is kind of sloppy (reminiscent of yogurt) so be careful when you apply this or it will end up all over clothes/furniture. I wasn't prepared for it to be so fluid as most masks are denser. I would aslo recommend first time users to try this product on a patch of skin rather than the whole face...It may be all natural ingredients (wild rose oil, avocado oil, argan oil, beeswax etc) but I found it quite harsh. The first few minutes I had it on my skin was feeling very hot and stinging. The sensation subsided and as I washed it off after 15 minutes the difference was noticable. My skin was luminous, radiant and glowing! At first I dismissed it as a temporary effect but it has lasted for several days now. It says on the jar that the mask will provide "instant brightness and illumination" and this is exactly what it does. I will definitely buy this again because I am so impressed with the results. This mask comes in a glass jar of 40 ml / 1.35 fl.oz and is reasonably priced at 16 GBP / $32 USD.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Amazing mask. I was looking for an alternative to Fresh Rose Mask, which is exorbitantly expensive. This is a cream mask, never really fully dries down. Does sting a little bit, but that goes away. Makes my skin less ruddy, not a noticeable brightening effect, but definitely makes my skin less red. Doesn't break me out and doesn't upset my super oily skin.

on 6/9/2008 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was skeptical of the claim this product makes- a noticeable brightening after just one use- but I really did notice a difference! I have very fair, oily skin with some redness. The redness got even worse after using Murad Skin Perfecting Lotion (I think retinol is a no-no for my skin- it goes crazy), and I was really upset at how my skin was looking. So I returned the Murad and got this mask and used it that night- and INSTANTLY my skin was much lighter and felt great. Most of the redness was gone! The next day my boyfriend said my face looked less red. He doesn't notice when I change my hair color, so I was shocked that he saw a difference.

I also bought the Korres Wild Rose Brightening Serum the same day and it has kept the effects of the mask going throughout the week. I plan to try that for a few weeks and then review it here; I'm also thinking about getting more Korres products in the near future.

Pros:
-Noticeable effect after one use
-Not too expensive considering how little you need to use
-Very nice, light rose smell
-Recyclable packaging
-All natural ingredients

Cons:
-Korres should rethink the glass jars they use for a lot of their products

on 5/26/2008 8:15:00 PM

I bought the mask when my skin was looking a bit blaah from a lack of sleep, and a fair bit of stress. It manages to make my skin look bright and glowy, and makes me look like I've had 12 hours of restful sleep even if I'm feeling dead on my feet. It also does a good job at reducing redness and helps shrink imperfections.