Bioderma Sebium H2O

4.2

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CITRATE , ZINC GLUCONATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

on 4/24/2011 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

i'm probably the only negative one here...but this product really and truly made me break out! I've given it a go at least 3 times (i only have half a bottle left) so i've really tried to give this product, which has flawless reviews, a try! I don't know what it is..i hope i can spot the ingredient so it''ll help me with my future purchases..i currently use it to clean my brushes to use it up...i won't buy it again.

on 3/24/2011 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was really happy with this product. I don't use it to wash my face alone. I wash my face first with my regular cleanser then I apply a little of this just to make sure I get all the stuff that my cleanser might have missed. It says no rinse, but I still do it anyways just in case! I feel like this really, REALLY wipes my face clean. My skin feels so fresh and oil-free, and my pores seem refined. It also contains zinc and copper (I think), which actually helps to heal acne, and it does slightly reduce the severity of my breakouts. I think that if you use it as your main cleanser, it's like draining the whole bottle down the sink! I definitely recommend this as more of a toner, but with a quick rinse afterward. Just try it, and you'll see just how little you really need :) (Be careful if you have dry skin though, you may not want to do the whole "wash your face twice thing" as it may be irritating)

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I heard about this product from a YouTube personality (pixiwoo) a few years ago and purchased it. I still have the same 500ml bottle I bought in 2009 and its 2011. Granted, I alternate makeup removers, but I love this product. It doesn't burn when it gets in my eyes, it removes all the makeup, I don't have to scrub the makeup off. I am not allergic to it. I just wish it was more readily available. I got it off ebay for $23.60 (with shipping).

on 1/11/2011 2:39:00 AM

i used it more like a face makeup remover. it can not removed my mascara (mac zoomlash) over all i do like it as a face makeup remover as it does removed my foundation very well (face feel clean and its gentle to my face) but not as a eye makeup remover . as after i used it to removed my eye makeup i still have lots of mascara on my lashes :( . Over all i am quite disappointed.

on 12/28/2010 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a really good product and almost 100% effective. However, I don't use it alone as a cleanser.

For me, I use it as a toner. I use a gentle foaming cleanser, then afterwards, I put a few drops on a cotton pad and cleanse my face one more time with this. Amazingly, the cotton pad always looks like it has absorbed some more dirt and oil which my other cleanser failed to remove. After this, I just pat my face dry.

The good points of this is that it doesn't dry your face and leave you with skin tightness like many other cleansers, so it can be used as a suitable toner. It's also effective in removing dirt.

The reason why I don't part with this is because this is the only thing that soothes my skin after it became weird and sensitive because of the Oil Cleansing Method (nightmare). If I don't use this, the bumps and stuff all return. Yet if I use it alone, it's not enough and my face still gets pimples.

Amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG cleanser!! Love this stuff, it has saved my skin! I was loyal to Spectro for years and never even heard of Bioderma till randomly seeing a review on the homepage of MUA. I am soooooo glad I started using this stuff. My skin looks and feels amazinggggg! The overall texture is smoother and less oily. It got rid of all acne and bumps, and I rarely have a pimple anymore. If I do, they appear smaller and disappear in half the time and with no scarring. Mores are tighter and smaller too!! :) my skin did purge, but not as bad as I thought would happen. Since using this stuff I am done to using BP lotion 3 days a week instead of 7. This stuff truly does what it says. So refreshing to find something that actually works and doesn't make my skin worse.

on 10/17/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great for sensitive acne prone skin. This product contains zinc and soothing ingredients that reduce inflammation in acne prone skin.

PROS: (1) removes the majority of makeup- considering its gentle I don't expect it to remove all of it. (2) leaves skin feeling soft (3) reduces redness in skin and acne.

CONS: (1) does not prevent acne or lower oil production in skin. (2) contains perfume- not ideal for most people with sensitive skin! (3) not user friendly- it is formulated like a toner- which makes it difficult to apply to the skin. I would have preferred a gel texture- however this is merely personal preference. (4) Very expensive given the simple formulation- $35 CAD per 250mL bottle!

Overall, not a bad product. However there are much better on the market for my skin type.
Happy Shopping.

on 10/14/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

God I love this product!!!! I actually had a really nasty all-face breakout, and using creams and cleansers just seems to worsen it. So obviously I went to the dermatologist, and he recommended me this product and no cream. I've been using this product for 3 weeks to remove makeup and as a daily cleanser. It's great stuff, and it's refreshing too. I will definitely repurchase...... <3 :D

on 8/3/2010 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great product for cleansing and freshening my face after I work out at the gym. While it seems to be meant for oily skin, I find it doesn't dry my skin out and handles the "post workout sweaties" really well. After I purchased this, the SA told me that they often have half price or buy one/get one offers on these Bioderma products so she's put me on the "notify" list for when these sales come up.

I think when the cooler weather hits, I will try the formulation for dry skin...this might be a bit too drying for winter, though I've found it so mild, that I doubt it.

*** I accidentally put this review under the Sensibio product heading.

on 7/3/2010 5:05:00 PM

I bought this based on the reviews here and had very high hopes. I got it for a great price here in Hong Kong (HK$100 for the 500ml bottle, on sale at Colormix).

I was really hoping that this would significantly improve the blackheads on my nose (I have loads of them) and my oily t-zone (I have combo skin). I also liked the idea that it combines makeup remover, toner and cleanser into one product.

I've been using this product for about 3 months now. I did not have as significant and fast results as some of the other reviewers here, which I was a bit disappointed with. Even though I have been using this product for 3 months, I still have a significant amount of blackheads, and they are still purging (the purging period is lasting a lot longer than I thought it would!) However, I would say that my blackheads have noticeably gotten better.

This is a very nice product in that it is refreshing, it is not fragrance-free but it is a very mild and fresh scent that is very lovely, it helps with oil-control while not making you feel dry or tight in the slightest.

I have been using this cleanser with the Bioderma Sebium Mat anti-shine cream gel in the daytime, which is also very good with oil-controlling where still providing hydration where you need it.

One thing about this cleanser is that if you have a lot of blackheads, there will be a lot of purging. Since the blackheads are rising out of my pores, this makes my skin very bumpy. I feel like you need a good exfoliating product (a gentle one, not a scrubby one) to really get smooth skin and help the purging along. I personally really like Dermalogica Microfoliant daily and also the Gentle Cream Exfoliant as a weekly mask.