Bioderma Sebium H2O

4.2

WATER (AQUA), PEG-6 CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC GLYCERIDES, SODIUM CITRATE , ZINC GLUCONATE, COPPER SULFATE, GINKGO BILOBA EXTRACT, MANNITOL, XYLITOL, RHAMNOSE, FRUCTOOLIGOSACCHARIDES, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, CITRIC ACID, DISODIUM EDTA, CETRIMONIUM BROMIDE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM).

on 1/11/2011 2:39:00 AM

i used it more like a face makeup remover. it can not removed my mascara (mac zoomlash) over all i do like it as a face makeup remover as it does removed my foundation very well (face feel clean and its gentle to my face) but not as a eye makeup remover . as after i used it to removed my eye makeup i still have lots of mascara on my lashes :( . Over all i am quite disappointed.

on 12/28/2010 1:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I think this is a really good product and almost 100% effective. However, I don't use it alone as a cleanser.

For me, I use it as a toner. I use a gentle foaming cleanser, then afterwards, I put a few drops on a cotton pad and cleanse my face one more time with this. Amazingly, the cotton pad always looks like it has absorbed some more dirt and oil which my other cleanser failed to remove. After this, I just pat my face dry.

The good points of this is that it doesn't dry your face and leave you with skin tightness like many other cleansers, so it can be used as a suitable toner. It's also effective in removing dirt.

The reason why I don't part with this is because this is the only thing that soothes my skin after it became weird and sensitive because of the Oil Cleansing Method (nightmare). If I don't use this, the bumps and stuff all return. Yet if I use it alone, it's not enough and my face still gets pimples.

Amazing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my HG cleanser!! Love this stuff, it has saved my skin! I was loyal to Spectro for years and never even heard of Bioderma till randomly seeing a review on the homepage of MUA. I am soooooo glad I started using this stuff. My skin looks and feels amazinggggg! The overall texture is smoother and less oily. It got rid of all acne and bumps, and I rarely have a pimple anymore. If I do, they appear smaller and disappear in half the time and with no scarring. Mores are tighter and smaller too!! :) my skin did purge, but not as bad as I thought would happen. Since using this stuff I am done to using BP lotion 3 days a week instead of 7. This stuff truly does what it says. So refreshing to find something that actually works and doesn't make my skin worse.

on 10/17/2010 12:14:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great for sensitive acne prone skin. This product contains zinc and soothing ingredients that reduce inflammation in acne prone skin.

PROS: (1) removes the majority of makeup- considering its gentle I don't expect it to remove all of it. (2) leaves skin feeling soft (3) reduces redness in skin and acne.

CONS: (1) does not prevent acne or lower oil production in skin. (2) contains perfume- not ideal for most people with sensitive skin! (3) not user friendly- it is formulated like a toner- which makes it difficult to apply to the skin. I would have preferred a gel texture- however this is merely personal preference. (4) Very expensive given the simple formulation- $35 CAD per 250mL bottle!

Overall, not a bad product. However there are much better on the market for my skin type.
Happy Shopping.

on 10/14/2010 5:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

God I love this product!!!! I actually had a really nasty all-face breakout, and using creams and cleansers just seems to worsen it. So obviously I went to the dermatologist, and he recommended me this product and no cream. I've been using this product for 3 weeks to remove makeup and as a daily cleanser. It's great stuff, and it's refreshing too. I will definitely repurchase...... <3 :D

on 8/3/2010 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This is a great product for cleansing and freshening my face after I work out at the gym. While it seems to be meant for oily skin, I find it doesn't dry my skin out and handles the "post workout sweaties" really well. After I purchased this, the SA told me that they often have half price or buy one/get one offers on these Bioderma products so she's put me on the "notify" list for when these sales come up.

I think when the cooler weather hits, I will try the formulation for dry skin...this might be a bit too drying for winter, though I've found it so mild, that I doubt it.

*** I accidentally put this review under the Sensibio product heading.

on 7/3/2010 5:05:00 PM

I bought this based on the reviews here and had very high hopes. I got it for a great price here in Hong Kong (HK$100 for the 500ml bottle, on sale at Colormix).

I was really hoping that this would significantly improve the blackheads on my nose (I have loads of them) and my oily t-zone (I have combo skin). I also liked the idea that it combines makeup remover, toner and cleanser into one product.

I've been using this product for about 3 months now. I did not have as significant and fast results as some of the other reviewers here, which I was a bit disappointed with. Even though I have been using this product for 3 months, I still have a significant amount of blackheads, and they are still purging (the purging period is lasting a lot longer than I thought it would!) However, I would say that my blackheads have noticeably gotten better.

This is a very nice product in that it is refreshing, it is not fragrance-free but it is a very mild and fresh scent that is very lovely, it helps with oil-control while not making you feel dry or tight in the slightest.

I have been using this cleanser with the Bioderma Sebium Mat anti-shine cream gel in the daytime, which is also very good with oil-controlling where still providing hydration where you need it.

One thing about this cleanser is that if you have a lot of blackheads, there will be a lot of purging. Since the blackheads are rising out of my pores, this makes my skin very bumpy. I feel like you need a good exfoliating product (a gentle one, not a scrubby one) to really get smooth skin and help the purging along. I personally really like Dermalogica Microfoliant daily and also the Gentle Cream Exfoliant as a weekly mask.

on 3/25/2010 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is one of the best products I've ever used - it is a true cleanser and it is great for oily & combo skin.It did not dry me out at all and left my skin smooth, soft and oil free.

Although it did not remove my blemishes, I think it helped in preventing them. Also it improves the appearance of pores.

Regarding price it isn't cheap but I got the big bottle and it lasts for ages and you only need a tiny amount. Packaging is convenient and you can control how much you want to place on the cotton pad. The only downside was that once it fell off my dresser and it has not been locking since.

To be honest I was quite surprised when I received this as I thought it was a foamy cleanser.. but it looked like a toner. I tried to lather it up but it was not effective. The instructions were in French so I did not understand them well.

I finally figured it out that you have to use a cotton pad or ball and it's amazing. I do not use it to remove make up, I use it after I cleanse and scrub well and still I find some residue on the cotton pad! So I guess it is really a gentle deep cleanser which helps to improve skin appearance.

on 2/13/2010 5:37:00 AM

I bought a twin-pack of the 500ml bottle of this in France for 15 euros (7.5 euros for one HUGE bottle....... great deal!!!!!!!!) but this is not available in the UK so I'll stock up next time I go. I first tried the Sensibio version of this in Hong Kong a few years back upon my beautician friend's recommendation. I read in lots of fashion & beauty magazines that Bioderma Micellene (sp????) fluid is the staple for many models and makeup artists alike for its gentle, but potent cleansing quality. I fell in love with this immediately. It looks and feels exactly like water but removes all traces of makeup and leaves my face clean and not stripped of moisture. However since this product is unavailable in the UK, I went back to Shu's cleansing oil and forgot about this amazing product until my trip to France. Sebium is similar to Sensibio, except that it's blue/green in colour and is fragranced (other reviewers said it's unfragranced but mine definitely is). I do have a slight preference for Sensibio because it feels gentler and I like the fact that it's fragrance free; having said that though, Sebium gives a 'cleaner' feel on oily skin without making it feel parched. I still use my Shu cleansing oil regularly but Bioderma is FANTASTIC for when you come home at 4am and can't even be bothered to move to the bathroom! I keep a bottle in my bedroom and one at my boyfriend's. I just clean my face with this (I ALWAYS use a separate eye makeup remover though!) until the cotton comes clean, and put on Dan Kern's BP and moisturiser and I can go to bed. One 500 ml bottle lasts about 3 months. Really amazing product and I just wish they stocked it here in the UK!!!

on 2/3/2010 12:39:00 AM

I like this even more than the original one! I have combination skin, so I decided to switch to this after using Sensibio H2O. The Sensibio H2O was great, but this Sebium H2O is perfect for combination/oily skin! Takes makeup off well, makes my skin feel so clean and soft and hydrated! HG! It's not like I use it on a daily basis, but I always have a bottle at home on days when I am really tired and want to save time.