Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Matte Finishing Veil

Zea Mays Starch (Corn), Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Mica, Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Zinc Oxide, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides

on 11/26/2007 6:14:00 AM

I love this product!! I will say that at first I could not get the powder to come out of the brush and I wanted some for my bathroom and then this to come with me on the go, so I opened it only to waste a lot of it, they fill this thing to the top, so if you open it when its still new, do it over something cuz its filled beyond the top. But I use this as a concealer, I got so sick of concelers, getting cakey and ending up all in the cracks of my eyes making it look as if I have age lines so I just got this idea and it works wonders!! I use a powder buffer and i pat on some good under eye wrinkle cream (I figure if I start using wrinkle cream before I have them, I wont get them for a long time) so I pat some cream on and wipe off excess around where my dark circles stop so there is only cream where I used to apply concealer. Then I pat some powder onto a buff and pat it onto my under eye area and eye lids where the cream is, then I dust off any extra. This never ends up in the creases of my eyes and it covers my dark circles without having to use a heave concealer that has to be rubbed in anyway (making wrinkles appear sooner) Then on the go I use this whenever I need to stop some shine on my face. I love it and now I have my all over face powder and a concealer that is light and covers great with my added moisturizer preventing wrinkles

on 11/8/2007 8:37:00 PM

Amazing product, nice and light finishing powder that really glams up the PF mineral powder when used as foundation.

Does not emphasize pores, decent job at shine control, and I l like the brush but it needs a better cap. I transferred some mineral veil to an old Sonia Kashuk loose powder container I had so I have one for the bathroom and one for my bag. (This replaced SK's loose powder for me. SK has better shine control, but I like that this PF is talc-free and it agrees better with my skin.)

on 11/3/2007 6:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love Love LOVE this stuff ... I thought I was the only one who didn't like the brush ... I never could get mine to work either ... I ended up tranferring mine, too and using a better brush. This is a great product but they do need to rethink the packaging.

on 11/2/2007 9:03:00 PM

This is a great finishing veil. I only apply it to the overly-shiny parts of my complexion (usually my forehead, chin, and the sides of my nose). It works like magic. Takes down the shine without making it look like I'm wearing powder. You can't tell you have it on. I also find it useful for setting the light foundation I apply around my nose and under my eyes. It lasts FOREVER. Seriously, I've had mine for a year and I haven't even finished 1/8 of it. It also didn't break me out and it's talc-free. I don't think I'll ever run out, I think it'll last me a good 3 more years.

As for the packaging, I originally hated it. The powder didn't come out of the brush! I had to actually open the bottle to use the powder.
But about 2 weeks later, it started working. It takes a hell of a long time for it to come out of the brush, but once it does, it really works well, dispensing the perfect amount of powder, and it's very pratical. Overall a nice product that I would purchase again.

on 11/2/2007 6:42:00 PM

I am only taking away one lipstck because of the awful packaging and brush. The powder does not come out on the brush, unless you shake really really hard for an hour! lol. The brush itself is too rough and hard. The travel like brush packaging is useless. You'll have to pour this stuff out into another packaging type or another travel mineral brush brand. I poured most of my mineral veil in an empty mineral sifter jar and use a goat hair powder brush purchased from Everyday Minerals. I am in love with the mineral veil powder because it leaves the skin so matte and fresh looking for hours. It makes pores disappear and it does not really show any streaks! I like this mineral veil more than the Everyday Minerals balancing dust or their finishing powder.

on 11/1/2007 5:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm on a PF kick, since I love their talc-free loose powder so much, so I figured I'd give the veil a try. I like it pretty well...nice, soft-focus finish, nicely mattefying (though oil isn't really an issue for me, I've always preferred a more matte, porcelain look, and that can be hard to get without drying flakies).

The packaging: Just put the stuff in a dang sifter jar and be done with it. This does not bother me one iota about PF, because it's been so hard for me to find ANY foundation that works for me (they could sell the talc free line in tin cans and I'd still be thrilled to buy it because it WORKS)...but my opinion has come to be that if you're buying PF loose powders, just be prepared to repackage it in a usable, packable container and use your own brushes.

on 10/18/2007 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i love this powder. it evens out my skin tone very well and keeps my face matte looking for a long time. i hate the brush and container though. i just take of the lid and use my kubuki brush. other than that the powder itself works extremely well.

on 10/14/2007 9:52:00 PM

Been using BE Mineral Veil for years and got tired of paying so much. So I switched to this and LOVE IT!!! Just keep your old BE sifter and pour this stuff into it - forget about trying to make the PF brush work. It won't. For half the price, you get the same effect as the BE Mineral Veil and the color is more neutral, less pink.

on 9/30/2007 12:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Pros: Gives natural flawless finish after using the loose mineral powder. Feels weightless and glides on with my own brush. Compared to Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil, you can't beat the price. It's the same product.

Cons: I hate the container, hate the "make up flows through brush" hoopla, and I hate the brush too.

I use a clean wide based lid to tap the product into. The brush that comes with it is way too stiff and doesn't apply the make up evenly. Invest in your own brush. As I said in my review of the loose powder mineral wear, the make up doesn't stay flawless looking for those who have oily skin. Touch ups do not work nor does blotting. Basically, if I want to have the first applied look, I'd have to wash my face and completely redo my make up twice a day. I've invested in a good moisturizer (I haven't used moisturizers in over six months) so I'm hoping that will help.

Final Word: If you like mineral make up, this is the perfect finish to complete your look.

on 8/10/2007 4:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really like this product! I was going to purchase the BE Veil for my BE Mineral Foundation, but i actually saw the Physician's Formula Veil in a magazine and decided to check it out. I must say I really don't like the packaging, though the idea is smart and convenient. The powder didn't come out that easily and the quality of the brush was just not up to my standards.. though i already knew i wouldn't like it.. i bought this purely for the product. I went and bought myself an empty MAC Sifter Jar (it looks like the BE Mineral Foundation Jar) and i like it much better this way. I apply this powder with a very light hand (a little goes a long way) in a downwards motion and it gives me a nice smooth finish. It does seem to hide pores a bit like it says. I would definitely recommend this product.