Giorgio Armani Master Corrector

4.5

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Sorbitan Isostearate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Alumina, Ozokerite, Tocopherol, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Acrylates Copolymer, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Aluminum Hydroxide, [+/- May Contain: Ci 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Ci 77492, Ci 77499, Ci 77491/Iron Oxides, Ci 77288/Chromium Oxide Greens, Mica].

on 4/11/2012 5:15:00 PM

It is a wonderful product. I have such bad blue/black circles especially in the corners of my eyes and it lightens it significantly. I have hollow eyes so there is only so much you can do with the colour - but this doesn't cake like the millions of others I have come accross.

It doesn't last all day, and the only problem with the packaging is that it isn't as elegant as it should be. It is quite expensive but will last 8 months to a year if it doesn't go off.

just what i need to correct the darkness under my eyes. I have pretty bad dark circles, and hereditary puffiness. this works great for my dry undereye area. I use shade #2 and this works great.
The other one that i really enjoy using too, is Bobbi Browns light peach. That one works well too, but i think this one is more natural looking and moisturizing for my dry undereyes.

Currently, I like to top off this corrector with Maybellines dream lumi highlighting concealer. Works great together.

i highly recommend this corrector to anyone that needs some serious coverage.

on 3/13/2012 3:12:00 PM

Hiya peeps! i'm 41 and quite fair with my first signs of aging under the eyes so correctors,concealers are frightening for me to use.Everything looks beautiful at first till it quickly settles in my fine lines.Due to lack of sleep and stress, my under eyes have become quite dark and I've been on the hunt for something that would make me somewhat presentable!! FOUND IT. Giogio Armani's corrector #2 is my most prized possession and can't imagine ever going without again.At first its a scary dark orange color but it melts into your skin and just disappears and so does my dark circles.No settling in the fine lines! It'll only work if the dark circles are the results of thinning skin which makes the vessels visible to the surface.If your dark circles are caused by a shadow created by sunken, hollow eyes which most likely caused by baggy eyes, this isn't for you. You'll probably need a light reflecting concealer of some sort.

on 3/2/2012 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have searched high and low for a great corrector / concealer and today, I found it.

I just picked up this corrector in #2 (it's orange-based) and it works perfectly. I'm asian with dark circles under my eyes but my circles are more on the dark brown side; I suspect part of the coloring has to do with hyper pigmentation of my skin.

I also have dry skin but this fluid is perfect - it's light, blends extremely well (and so easily) and you can layer it if you didn't apply enough the first time.

The other creamy concealers I've used in the past always ended up cakey near the end of the day but this has serious staying power, works amazingly well for my skin tone and hides my circles. I LOVE THIS!!

on 1/29/2012 7:47:00 PM

Ok, so this is my first review on MUA. I am a fairly new member, but definitely a seasoned veteran when it comes to under eye products. I have very dark under eye circles and having (not to toot my own horn) fair and very blemish free skin causes my circles to stand out more. Depending on the amount of sleep I get, these heriditary circles can range from red to purple with blue shading. As anyone who suffers from this frustrating issue know, I have tried everything to disguise these bad boys. For years I have searched for a good product. Most drugstore concealers are either not the right consistency or coverage.. Designer or upscale products suffer from the same pitfalls. For a while I used Lancome's MAQUICOMPLET Complete Coverage Concealer which was ok and had a nice consistency, but given it's soft beige tone, did nothing to alter the color under my eyes. I then decided to give the Bobbi Brown bisque corrector/sand concealer/pale yellow powder a try. While I did love the color combos with this system, I found that no matter what I did or how carefully I applied it, the product creased like a mofo, laid way too much texture under the eye, and generally looked like poop about 10 mins after application. I was hell bent to find a way to make this product work so I tried different eye creams (very dry skin under my eyes too), primers, eye creams plus primers, applying with my fingers, with a brush, setting it with powder, leaving it alone, applying it before foundation and after.... You get the picture. I was dismayed, staring at my circles in the mirror, thinking that I would never be able to hide them.

....Then I found Master Corrector. I use #2 (orange) and it corrects all of the redness and purple under there. Amazing. The super blend able, but pigmented liquid is such a great formula for under the eye. It doesn't add texture to your under eye area even when you build it up. It looks like your skin (but better) which is the main goal of any foundation or concealer, but under the eye it is very important. There is some creasing right after application, but patting and blending gently even this out and I'm good all day.

I have to be honest and say that I do use Armani's high precision retouch in #3 and YSL Touche éclat as well on a daily basis. It is an AMAZING combination!!!! OFC YSL's TE is a cult status product (and quite addicting too), but it allows you to highlight in shadowed (i.e under subtle bags.... does help for darkness too but I find it is nicer when used to bring light to the contour shadows to look rested.). The High Precision Retouch is amazing as well. While the corrector brightens and counteracts any unwanted pigmentation, the actual concealer will lighten the darkness. Great system!

While the products I mentioned above are my fave combo of all time, I tried using Master Corrector alone under my foundation for the purpose of this review ( I know not everyone will be thrilled to buy all three products because of the price tag). I was a bit skeptical that it would work well on its own, but when I carefully blended my foundation over it the effect was amazing. I truly think that someone with moderate circles could really benefit from this method.

In conclusion this is totally a Holy Grail product. My husband thinks I love it more than I love him and on certain days, this is true. Don't be afraid of the price tag (and it is high). If you can't afford it this instant, save up for it. The amount of money I have wasted on cheaper on less effective products makes me want to puke. If you are looking for a natural texture corrector that wears well and creases very minimally, I don't think you will be disappointed. But don't take my word for it, go to your local GA counter and have them apply it for you.

on 1/19/2012 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My only complaints about this product are:
1. The ridiculously high price for a tiny tube of product
2. The "cheap" packaging, which would be perfectly fine if not for the
steep price

Now, onto the good part. I have the orange colour of this corrector to brighten and diffuse the blue/purple/grey circles under my eyes.
It's an intense salmon orange colour, which put me off at first. But, I brush a bit right onto the dark circles and use my ring finger to gently pat the product into the skin. The orange colour disappears, along with the dark circles! I can then apply a light coat of my concealer or an illuminator over top and - voila! - I look bright, wide awake, alert and well-rested.

You get very little, but you only need a little. I use it at least 5 days out of the week. I'll have to see how long it lasts. The consistency is very light and creamy - really nice. I tried a few other correctors and found them to be either too light (ineffective) or really cakey. I even tried mixing MAC's 'Rule' eyeshadow with a bit of Lancome concealer to make my own corrector. Honestly, my DIY corrector wasn't too bad, but I LOVE the Giorgio Armani Master Corrector. Unless the tube really doesn't last long, I will definitely repurchase and I highly recommend it to others.

on 12/30/2011 12:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

These are nice correctors for my dark circles. You have to use a light hand with these. If I am not careful in the natural light you can see the #2 which is an apricot color. I use the #1 the pink shade the most. I then apply my concealer on top. I apply both with a brush. I still use my BB corrector for around the whole under eye area first than add the GA corrector just on the dark areas.

on 12/7/2011 12:07:00 PM

After a horrid experience with Laura Mercier's Perfecteur, I decided I wanted a fluid pink corrector to neutralize my dark circles and wear in conjunction with La Mer's Concealer (the wonder, the coverage, but alas, the white cast) and decided that the Bobbi Brown Tinted Eye Brightener was far too experience for the amount of product it has. So I decided to go with Armani and honestly, I don't know why I haven't tried it before. The product is very fluid but densely pigmented and immediately neutralizes the darkness under my eyes and if I'm having one of those not-so-bad dark circle days, works fine on it's own.

I have noticed some reviewers complaining about shimmer, but I I detect no visible particles of shimmer, but it is very light reflective and photographs beautifully.

Great for touch-ups throughout the day and does not settle into my fine lines or anything, something I'll most definitely repurchase. A tad pricy, yes but not as pricy as the BB Eye Brightener and I wish the packaging were better as I'm not keen on the wand and brush.

on 11/27/2011 5:58:00 AM

This is a fantastic corrector with super lightweight feel to it (just like its foundations and concealors)! I usually just stick to a concealor and I never bothered with correctors (the Bobbi Brown one is too thick and a little cakey and emphasizes my fine lines), but the sales at Armani insisted that I try this along with the concealor and after seeing the results, I was sold. I bought No. 2 in orange, and just a tiny amount neutralizes all the dark areas around my eyes. I don't even need concealor after using this! Very amazed at how well it blends into my skin and how natural it looks. The only downfall is that it has shimmer in it for some very odd reason.... If this is supposed to go under foundation and concealor, what's the point of shimmer?! Regardless, it's a small issue when compared to the impressive results it brings.

The packaging quality isn't outstanding - it just looks like a regular concealor in a plastic container with a very thin brush, but it serves the purpose. At $36, I can understand why people would hesitate before shelling out the money, but I think it does a great job in terms of correcting/covering dark circles. I'd highly recommend testing this out at a GA counter before purchasing though, as different skin tone and different types of dark circles demand different attention (in terms of products and shades).

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Wow! I am so impressed with this product! I had already been quite impressed by Armani's precision retouch concealer for the natural look it gave me, while still managing to conceal my dark circles, but if I put a layer of the corrector on first, they really disappear! You also can't see an obvious layer of makeup! Yay!

I got this in shade #2, which is orange. I was wary of correctors for a long time, but still frustrated by my dark circles. After reading Marsen's notepad (Thanks, Marsen!), I learned a lot about my chronic dark circles and how to better deal with them. She recommended a peach corrector to help purple circles, and after reading some other reviews of this one, I decided to try it.

If you suffer from blue/purple dark circles and have a lot of trouble concealing them, give this product a try! It really looks amazing with a dot of Armani's precision retouch concealer on top, you don't need to use much, and the result is so natural looking! I would say this product has even achieved HG status for me and my hard to disguise circles! I feel like I now know a version of myself who looks awake and refreshed!

Popular Primer/ Correctors