November 23, 2014 | 2103 users online

Lip Treatments - Avon - Avon Dew Kiss Lip Dew

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2008 12:04:00 PM More reviews by krm4h

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. This is some great stuff! I got this from Avon on sale for $.79 (regularly it's only a dollar) and I feel like I have new lips. I've been wearing it off and on during the day and put it on every night before I go to bed. Before my lips were chapped and painful, really just pretty neglected, and needed a good conditioner. After about a week of using this stuff regularly, my lips are smooth and perfect! I am beyond pleased.

There is a slight smell/taste, and some may consider the smell to be "old." To me it smells like a rose-scented/flavored lip balm I already have; the scent isn't necessarily unpleasant, and really isn't very strong. Didn't bother me at all.

I much prefer this product to the pricier Burt's Bees (I was a devotee). Burt's Bees is waxy and really just sits on your lips instead of sinking in and conditioning. It may be great for protection from the elements, if you were going on a ski trip or something, but if you really want a conditioner to moisturize and help bring your chapped lips back to health, then this is your product.

Would definitely repurchase; I'll likely buy a few tubes at a time from here on out to keep in different spots (bathroom, by the bed, purse, etc.) like other reviewers. Great product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2008 9:23:00 PM More reviews by arvlyn

Goodness, I remember using this product when I was in high school, it's been around forever!

This is a very light yet moisturizing lip balm that moistures my lips rather than just coat them with a layer of wax like so many other lip balms. It leaves a very sheer pinkish tint and subtle shine. It has a very faint scent and no taste at all.

It's generally only $.99 but often on sale for $.69 - can't beat that price! I always have a tube at my desk, in my purse and next to my bed.
Edited to add - You know how horrible your lips can feel after you've had dental work done, especially with the numbing shots? I had this in my purse so today, before I went in to my appointment and many times after, I put it on. I'm positive it saved my lips!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by robinstone31

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG lip balm. It gives me a dewy look as well as a pinkish (healthy) color. Can't beat the price, either. I try to stock up when it's on sale for 69 cents!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2007 2:18:00 AM More reviews by misskitty5077

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wish I could use this because it feels really good on my lips but every time I try, it breaks me out and makes my throat itchy :-(

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2007 6:02:00 AM More reviews by RedRubyRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My friend has oral herpes (from birth, dont worry) and whenever his ex girlfriend would wear this lip balm, it would break him out when they were dating. Not sure if its directly related to an ingredient in the product, but there were never any problems while they were dating as far as him breaking out went when she didnt use it. Just saying. I tried it myself but quite liked it. Its smoothed out my lips, especially when they get flaky in the winter with those annoying "feathering" that even Blistex cant cure on cold days.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2007 1:03:00 AM More reviews by jennlaVICIOUS

Finally, a lip balm that actually feels like it's moisturizing rather than just sitting on your lips. It feels light and gives your lips a nice velvety feel, but it does have a waxy smell and taste. I've got very full lips and these guys were on sale for 69 cents. So you know I bought in bulk! :]

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2007 3:40:00 PM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up two of these at a sale and they're very greasy - probably due to the castor oil and lanolin - yuk!!!! The taste is gross like children's lipstick. I will definitely be purchasing my fav lip balm "Un-Petroleum" in the orange flavor from this point on.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2007 10:01:00 AM More reviews by alohadiva

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The texture is very much like another "buy direct" lip balm, however is much less expensive (we're talking $8 for the other one if you're a non-consultant.) This is a nice non-sticky balm good for right before bed or any other time you don't need SPF. I'm one of the few who likes the added subtle fragrance.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/16/2007 1:04:00 PM More reviews by Cookie1986

This smells old fashioned to me. but it works great. and only 99 cents. its smooth, and although its a lip balm it almost feels like a lip gloss!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2007 12:23:00 AM More reviews by lilorchid82

I lub how this makes my lips feel. It's amazing, b/c I have pretty chapped lips. I just have to touch my lips to this balm and it feels naturally hydrated. I usually have to load up on gobs of lip products for my lips to stay hydrated for any amount of time, so this was a very pleasant surpise. I made the mistake of putting on my usual amount of lip balm the first time I used Lip Dew, and my bf said I tasted like wax:) Anyways, def a repurchase!