November 26, 2014 | 1252 users online

Crème - Graftobian - HD CREME FOUNDATIONS, 64 SHADES

rated 4 of 5 on 10/24/2012 4:05:00 AM More reviews by Elasinthe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the neutral 1 palette not knowing what color would match me and having neutral undertones, Bombshell was the closest match to my skin that i have ever had with any foundation and i have tried a lot, I use studio sculpt in NC15 and it's not quite right neither was colorstay in ivory so just for the color selection alone i love this product. but i feel like i wasted my money on the palette since i can't use the other colors. The coverage is pretty good but i do find i get better coverage with studio sculpt. There are things on my face that just cannot be covered like giant boxcar scars =[ The best thing about this stuff is i can just tap it into my problem areas with a round foundation brush and run out the door without worrying if it looks cakey or unnatural. When using it for a full face i set with cornstarch and have zero transfer.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2012 5:00:00 PM More reviews by lole_34

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have tried several HD creams (kett, mehron and mac) this is the best match to me skin (ingenue) and it seems to work well for my dry skin if I put on a smooth moisturizer. Before I found a moisturizer (embyrolisse) that worked this did cake up on the dry patches. I really like the medium to full coverage of this product but it has little to no staying power. Setting with a powder can get you about 6 hours but you loose some of the dewy finish. I mostly use this for going out and I know we will be taking a ton of pictures or if I am just needing make up for a half day. This will not last a full 10 hour day at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by DCarter23103

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love trying new foundation and had heard a lot about this product so decided to get two of the sample packs (Neutral 1 and Cool 1). My coloring is NW20 in Mac and there is a good match on either palette (can't remember which ones as I am no looking at the palette). Originally, I wore it to my 25th college reunion which was held the first weekend in June and was hot and humid. This stuff worked so well!! There was no fading, transferring or breakthru even though it was incredibly hot and humid. I had a light covering of it on and it looked so natural.

In August, I was asked to do my girlfriend's makeup for her wedding (again it was hot and humid). She wore a daker color because she always tans but I was able to easily get hold of a couple of the darker neutral palettes to match her. For her wedding pictures, I did a much more "made up" look. She has a lot of discoloration and I spent quite a bit of time color correcting and concealing her problem areas (again using the graftobian correctors and the cream foundation as a concealer). She looked beautiful in person and even better in the pictures! This makeup is wonderful and I definitely recommend.

9 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2012 4:28:00 PM More reviews by yaiza123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Im pretty dissapointed in this foundation. Recently I got the warm #1 pallete. After hearing all the raving reviews, I expected a miracle worker, sadly that was not the case ^^ First of all the shades,I got the pallete since im never sure what kinda foundation shade i am. I think its about nc 20-25. Acording to the site of graftobian the first 3 colours of the pallete are Swan (NC 5), Ingenuene (NC 15), Vixen (NC 35). (discovered that page after purchase). I Just dont get why there is such a massive difference between shade 2 and 3. I tried mixing them already, but it turns out to be pretty difficult to do. Besides that I suffer from dry skin. Cream foundations are supposively better for dry skin, but not this one. Any dry spots will stand out like theres an exclimation mark next to it. But of course there are good things about this foundation too, for oily skin this will probably be amazing since it gives you a lovely demi matt finish and the foundation will last for quite a while. Therefore the 3 lippies. All and all most likely a great foundation for oily or normal skin :) but def not for dry :P

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2012 8:49:00 PM More reviews by andreapirlosnose

O, Graftobian-HD-Glamour-Color-Creme. As beautiful as thou art impractical. I apply it with my fingers and whilst messy and time-consuming, the result is the dictionary definition of sublime. When decorated with this stuff, my nice-but-unspectacular skin would put a mass-produced Mattel doll to shame. A mass-produced Mattel doll with a huge-bottomed glow worm radiating within its plastic cranium. By way of evidence, I uploaded a picture of myself sporting my Graftobian to the pic gallery for this product - it's the gauzy one of a dark-haired female in red lipstick... that'd be me. And this was on a BAD SKIN DAY. If I could wear this stuff every day, I would. If I could somehow have it fastened to my skin tattoo-like until the day I'm boxed up and crammed six feet into the dirt (or boxed up and toasted... yet to decide), I would. The trouble is, I can't. I mean obviously the latter of those two scenarios is out. But if you love it so much, I hear you say, then why can't you wear it everyday?

I'll tell you why. Because 'transfer' does not even begin to cover what happens when a finger, piece of fabric, sheet of paper, lock of hair, pane of bus window glass or indeed anything else under the sun comes into contact with your face when you're wearing this stuff. This isn't a foundation that takes centuries to dry after you put it on... it just NEVER dries. It's as simple as that. Its consistency is paint-like upon first application and paint-like until the moment you soap it off at the end of the day. The irony of all this is bitter; cloaks your face in a veil of iridescent perfection, making you infinitely more confident and infinitely more attractive. And simultaneously renders you incapable of acting upon this (and I'm not just talking sex, kissing is out too) because your partner of choice will emerge absolutely covered in Graftobian themselves. I'm reminded of a recent fling with a co-worker that begun on a day upon which I was wearing this and when he (olive-skinned Italian) parted ways with me (mixed race, but paler than printer paper) post-shenanigans, he was oblivious that he was swaggering up the street with hideous ivory blotches all over his pretty face like a rabbit with myxomatosis. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the comedy element of the moment, but let's face it... that shit ain't practical.

And it's about as waterproof as it is transferproof. I got caught out in the rain wearing it last year and unfortunately was wearing a dark green jumper. I wouldn't have noticed anything was amiss for some time had my sisters not asked me why I had 'milk all down my chest'.

So there we are. Them's the facts. It's gorgeous. It comes in a refreshingly huge and inclusive spectrum of colours. It doesn't feel thick or grimy on my skin. It doesn't break me out in spots. Its application process is simple. It looks as radiant in real life as it does in photographs (for which I'm led to believe it was originally designed). But it really does begin and end as a photographic foundation because unless you either go about your day wearing an enormous glass bubble/helmet on your head, or live a life so sedentary that you can guarantee that you won't sweat a single droplet and that your face will never come into contact with a single atom of either solid, liquid or gas - then you are destined for disappointment. And a very stripy face. Primer and/or powder will make a minor difference... but only very minor. This is a product designed for minutes of wear... in which you sit in front of a Canon 5D and smile loftily into the lens. And that, I am truly and earnestly sorry to say, is it. It is the soulmate of the camera and the arch nemesis of anything remotely resembling, y'know, 'life'.

Would I buy it again? Well... I hate kids as much as the next person who sides with Miss Trunchbull whenever they sit down to watch Matilda, but there remains a possibility that one day in the dim and distant future I will have progeny, for whom old photographs of their mother will presumably be available. And I want them to look upon those photographs and see that once upon a time, Mama was a corker. So you can bet your ass I'll be buying this stuff again.

56 out of 65 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Indigo1707

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am in shock at just how perfect this foundation is for me--HG material for sure! I figured the palest "cool"-marked shade, Buff, would be the best color match, but I ordered the Cool #1 palette, just to be safe. The other colors in the palette are far, far too dark for my NW5-NW10 skin, but Buff is the perfect match. Incredible. I have NEVER found a foundation that matches my skin, ever, so I am in awe. This foundation is extremely cool-toned, but not in a pink way, it's more like a blue cool-toned, so for those that found MUFE's Mat Velvet Alabaster shade to be a tad bit too dark or warm, I think Buff is for you. As for the texture and wear of the foundation itself, I really, really like it. I had read that this foundation clings to dry patches, but used after moisturizer, it was absolutely fine on my combination skin. I put it on with a BeautyBlender over Sephora anti-shine primer and then set it with Kryolan anti-shine powder, and the finish is flawless. The one thing I would say is that I wouldn't recommend overdoing it with this stuff--too thick an application will end up cakey and mask-like--but applied with a sponge like the BeautyBlender and blended well, it will give a flawless finish without using much product at all. I will definitely purchase a full-size pot of the Buff shade as soon as the shade runs out from the palette. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I found Graftobian while google searching pale foundations after giving up on drugstore foundation. I am extremely pale, and no foundation ever matches, or it doesn't have the right undertone, oxidizes terribly, etc etc. Graftobian was swatched next to other foundations in pale shades, and (the one in the google picture was Ivory) I looked up the website.

I was delighted to see that they offered over SIXTY SHADES in their foundation. Cool, Warm, and Neutral undertones (I am a cool undertone). I went with Silk Sprite (palest in the cool shade range, and I believe the palest shade available), which was part of the Ultra-Lites palette range (I got the half-ounce container). I also got Nymph as well, the second-palest shade in the cool range.

These are just...fabulous. My HG foundation, for sure. I have no desire to try any other kind of foundation after using these. You get a half-ounce container, which may seem like a small amount, but it will last you FOREVER, because you only need a small amount. For my entire face I swirl the pad of my finger over the surface of the cream and dot it onto my face. Then, I blend it in using a damp makeup sponge (my preferred method of doing it - really makes you look airbrushed, melts into the skin like a dream. I've also blended it in using a stippling brush with great results, also).

It's very smooth, creamy, and very blendable. Once it's all blended in, it looks like skin and feels like you have nothing on your face. I'd say it has a 'natural' finish, not dewy but not completely matte, either.

I set it with their "Pro Setting Powder" in Transluscent, which mattifies it a bit more and sets it really well.

This is a full-coverage foundaton, but I find that it can easily be sheered out by just using less of the product and a damp makeup sponge. I go back in and dot extra foundation on blemishes if I need to. These haven't broken me out at all, either, which is lovely.

Staying power is also fabulous once it's set. Lasts me throughout the whole day, and I don't notice it transferring, either.

I would very much recommend these. They're only fifteen dollars, and you're getting great quality, can't go wrong! I'll upload some pictures later of swatches and such.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sleepymeko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found out about this product while lurking on the Mehron foundation review page. I initially bought Mehron, but UPS lost my package and it was taking FOREVER for me to get both a refund or a replacement. So, I called my bank and made a claim against Mehron and bought Graftobian instead.

Ok, about Graftobian, I wasn't sure which color I should buy and I really didn't want to buy a sample or their palettes with a handful of foundations, so I winged it. I'm close to Revlon Colorstay's Toast so I bought Winter Wheat (they have a chart to compare similar shades from different brands). The result? Winter Wheat matched me to a T. Now, I wear MAC NC44, but I feel like it's too dark for my skin and it looks way too orange (maybe I'm an NC43 instead?).

When I apply Winter Wheat, I cannot even see the foundation on my skin. My only complaint is that it seems to rub off easily, so I set it with Ben Nye's Topaz face powder and setting spray.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Makarone83

I have used many foundations and by far this is all thumbs up for me. I have 2 Graftobian Palletts, warm and cool and combined I make neutral. I am usually Buttermilk but I will mix depending on how my skin is looking.
This foundation requires very little and the coverage is flawless. I find using a nice stippling brush or a kabuki brush really makes it nice.
Once set it stays, the finish is more satin/a little matte I find. It is not dewy or shiny.
There is no high fragrance
Color does not really change with Oxidation
Theres no cakey effect or accumliation in wrinkles and pores

The only downfall to me is availability. I have to order it online

Still its amazing and I really recomment it

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by txartistgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a Makeup artist I use this foundation in my kit and for my personal use. I love the pallets because I can mix to match my skin color as it changes during the seasons. I always apply with a wet beauty blender dupe sponge from Ulta and I get a flawless look everytime. This has never caused me to break out nor has it ever felt oily. A little goes a long way and I highly recommend this to any MUA building their kits as well as to your everyday consumer.