April 16, 2014 | 2020 users online

Crème - Graftobian - High-Definition Glamour Color Creme Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Indigo1707

I am in shock at just how perfect this foundation is for me--HG material for sure! I figured the palest "cool"-marked shade, Buff, would be the best color match, but I ordered the Cool #1 palette, just to be safe. The other colors in the palette are far, far too dark for my NW5-NW10 skin, but Buff is the perfect match. Incredible. I have NEVER found a foundation that matches my skin, ever, so I am in awe. This foundation is extremely cool-toned, but not in a pink way, it's more like a blue cool-toned, so for those that found MUFE's Mat Velvet Alabaster shade to be a tad bit too dark or warm, I think Buff is for you. As for the texture and wear of the foundation itself, I really, really like it. I had read that this foundation clings to dry patches, but used after moisturizer, it was absolutely fine on my combination skin. I put it on with a BeautyBlender over Sephora anti-shine primer and then set it with Kryolan anti-shine powder, and the finish is flawless. The one thing I would say is that I wouldn't recommend overdoing it with this stuff--too thick an application will end up cakey and mask-like--but applied with a sponge like the BeautyBlender and blended well, it will give a flawless finish without using much product at all. I will definitely purchase a full-size pot of the Buff shade as soon as the shade runs out from the palette. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2012 2:01:00 PM More reviews by palefawn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Grey

I found Graftobian while google searching pale foundations after giving up on drugstore foundation. I am extremely pale, and no foundation ever matches, or it doesn't have the right undertone, oxidizes terribly, etc etc. Graftobian was swatched next to other foundations in pale shades, and (the one in the google picture was Ivory) I looked up the website.

I was delighted to see that they offered over SIXTY SHADES in their foundation. Cool, Warm, and Neutral undertones (I am a cool undertone). I went with Silk Sprite (palest in the cool shade range, and I believe the palest shade available), which was part of the Ultra-Lites palette range (I got the half-ounce container). I also got Nymph as well, the second-palest shade in the cool range.

These are just...fabulous. My HG foundation, for sure. I have no desire to try any other kind of foundation after using these. You get a half-ounce container, which may seem like a small amount, but it will last you FOREVER, because you only need a small amount. For my entire face I swirl the pad of my finger over the surface of the cream and dot it onto my face. Then, I blend it in using a damp makeup sponge (my preferred method of doing it - really makes you look airbrushed, melts into the skin like a dream. I've also blended it in using a stippling brush with great results, also).

It's very smooth, creamy, and very blendable. Once it's all blended in, it looks like skin and feels like you have nothing on your face. I'd say it has a 'natural' finish, not dewy but not completely matte, either.

I set it with their "Pro Setting Powder" in Transluscent, which mattifies it a bit more and sets it really well.

This is a full-coverage foundaton, but I find that it can easily be sheered out by just using less of the product and a damp makeup sponge. I go back in and dot extra foundation on blemishes if I need to. These haven't broken me out at all, either, which is lovely.

Staying power is also fabulous once it's set. Lasts me throughout the whole day, and I don't notice it transferring, either.

I would very much recommend these. They're only fifteen dollars, and you're getting great quality, can't go wrong! I'll upload some pictures later of swatches and such.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2012 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sleepymeko

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found out about this product while lurking on the Mehron foundation review page. I initially bought Mehron, but UPS lost my package and it was taking FOREVER for me to get both a refund or a replacement. So, I called my bank and made a claim against Mehron and bought Graftobian instead.

Ok, about Graftobian, I wasn't sure which color I should buy and I really didn't want to buy a sample or their palettes with a handful of foundations, so I winged it. I'm close to Revlon Colorstay's Toast so I bought Winter Wheat (they have a chart to compare similar shades from different brands). The result? Winter Wheat matched me to a T. Now, I wear MAC NC44, but I feel like it's too dark for my skin and it looks way too orange (maybe I'm an NC43 instead?).

When I apply Winter Wheat, I cannot even see the foundation on my skin. My only complaint is that it seems to rub off easily, so I set it with Ben Nye's Topaz face powder and setting spray.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2012 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Makarone83

I have used many foundations and by far this is all thumbs up for me. I have 2 Graftobian Palletts, warm and cool and combined I make neutral. I am usually Buttermilk but I will mix depending on how my skin is looking.
This foundation requires very little and the coverage is flawless. I find using a nice stippling brush or a kabuki brush really makes it nice.
Once set it stays, the finish is more satin/a little matte I find. It is not dewy or shiny.
There is no high fragrance
Color does not really change with Oxidation
Theres no cakey effect or accumliation in wrinkles and pores

The only downfall to me is availability. I have to order it online

Still its amazing and I really recomment it

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2012 5:07:00 PM More reviews by txartistgirl74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

As a Makeup artist I use this foundation in my kit and for my personal use. I love the pallets because I can mix to match my skin color as it changes during the seasons. I always apply with a wet beauty blender dupe sponge from Ulta and I get a flawless look everytime. This has never caused me to break out nor has it ever felt oily. A little goes a long way and I highly recommend this to any MUA building their kits as well as to your everyday consumer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 12:43:00 PM More reviews by taylorrenee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I got the HD foundation palate and I am OBSESSED. Makes my skin look flawless, no need for concealer, and it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. And it was pretty cheap!! Will definitely continue to purchase it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/15/2012 5:56:00 PM More reviews by Swilson611

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This foundation leaves my skin looking airbrushed and flawless!! Granted I use the beauty blender with this cream foundation (I don't know if that changes the effect of the product itself) but overall I love this product! Definitely a must have for any MUA or anybody for that matter. It's very affordable and lasts on my skin all day, even with my oily T*Zone. I set it with MUFE mattifying powder and after 8 hours of running around at work it is still set nicely in place. a little goes a long way with this as it blends really nicely so you can adjust your coverage. I love this product and would recommend to anyone! Even those with tight wallets can afford this!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2012 11:25:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeVlvre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've been on a professional foundation craze since IMATS 2011, I am also reviewing RCMA, Kett, Mehron. ( haven't tried Cinema Secrets or MUD yet but intend to).
Therefore if you're interested, you can read my reviews on them.
I do believe that professional foundation brands are superior to commercial brands. With that said:

Graftobian is an amazing foundation. Full coverage, very HD friendly, undetectable to the camera. Looks like skin, not too matte, not too dewey, just very skin-like. Covers everything, makes freckles invisible.

Application: It blends like a dream, very emollient. I can use my beauty blender, any synthetic foundation brush (Sigma HD brushes are my fav in that department), or my fingers and it will look great regardless. Has a butter-like texture which makes it super easy to apply and blend in literally seconds.

To compare:  Graftobian is my *almost* first favorite foundation. I say almost because it's not quite second, as it's tiniest decimal points away from being my first ( which is Kett cream foundation). However, I tend to  reach for Graftobian more frequently than for Kett. My reasons:  It's easier and faster to apply than Kett. With Graftobian I can literally smear, blend and go, while Kett does require slightly more skill and effort to apply and blend, as it has a stiffer consistency ( I posted a review for Kett as well). It's easier and work into the skin which makes it very morning rush friendly.
I feel that Kett  surpasses Graftobian in the teensiest, slightest bit in longevity and because it is a little bit more forgiving to dry skin and flakes.

Longevity:  It's long lasting. I apply and set it with translucent powder (  Kett Sett powder or Graftobian loose translucent, both amazing products). I would say it lasts about 10 to 12 hours on me if powdered. My skin is combination, Oily t zone and normal cheeks and it withstands oil, humidity, rain or other NYC forecast.

Shades: My perfect shade is Vixen and in Mac terms I am about NW25 to 30. Their shade selection is enormous. I've seen the widest variety of shades from the palest, whitest to pitch, jet black, any undertone possible.
Highly recommend!

25 out of 25 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Finoatomic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really love the finish look of this foundation and the way it is on the camera. But for my oily skin in very hot country, it cannot stay put all day. In summer time, it will last on my skin only few hours. However, it is the foundation I always use for evening events and indoors place.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2012 11:40:00 PM More reviews by pdelmercado

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just wanted to share some information. After a lot of trial and error, I found the equivalents to Max Factor Panstick in the color Nude Ivory
-Kevyn Aucoin Sensual Skin enhancer in SX03 (pricey, but full coverage and a dreamy finish)

-Revlon Colorstay in Buff (not as full coverage as above, but stays on as promised)

-Graftobian HD Cream Foundadion in Ingenue (for me, better than Kevyn Aucoin)

All of the above foundations are full coverage.

I went through so much trying to find the right shades, I just had to share.

22 out of 23 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No